felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why u guys fighting about long time update in this forum? Pretty sure dpc won't see it
Why not join patreon for 1$ in a month and critize dpc in his discord? It's more effective that way right
this is a forum and therefore we chat. What would be useful and productive comments?
In the official Walkthrouht, I just read this.

"If you aren’t on Isabella’s branch, enjoy the resolution of Jill’s third date with Tybalt."

I guess this will be the reason for Jill not to give the MC a chance after the third date with Tybalt. Someone wrote it before in this thread, I think it was Warscared, so the way to a woman can also be through that woman's girlfriend. So if Isabella doesn't like the MC, Jill will dump the MC.

The same thing actually happens with Tybalt.:rolleyes:
I don't know what DPC meant in the walthrough but Bella had nothing to do with the outcome of the third date

if you end up choosing Jill anyway it's all good (for now), it's only affinity and the famous picnic that makes the difference, then anything goes

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
There are a bunch of ways to optimize development. As I said earlier, development is primarily about optimization and compromise. A compromise between what needs to be added and what you want to add. If there was no compromise, the games would be released once every 10 years. Offhand, it was possible not to render a dubious animation in a minute long for a whole month (we would have saved a month of development). I don't think the difference will be that strong. Or it is not necessary to make the free-roams so large or make them 5-6 pieces as in the last update.
I think DPC is good at making compromises, that's why he has achieved more than a million euro with his game. His success testimonies his ability with dosing speed and quality.
Some people here say he is a perfectionist, but that's really far from truth. He's no perfectionists at all, he's quite good at cutting down quality when needed. He has a clear vision and schedule. Most of his renderings have some posing errors, or are not that accurate, but he doesn't waste time perfecting them because he knows people view a single rendering for two seconds or less. And so he can maximise quantity, producing so much content. He doesn't post produce renderings in Photoshop like perfectionists do, it would take him years for each release.
Spending less time in posing lets him have more time for other tasks like minigames, free roam, rooster app etc.
There are many devs that achieve a much better image quality, but they produce much fewer images and their games are less engaging. They are more artistic, but they are less professional. DPC is a savy entrepreneur, an excellent business man, not a perfectionist artist.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Yea the "slow as a turtle sex scenes" were always something that just seemed kind of unimpressive but I would always forget about.
I find it funny that (some) people will harp on that point, when it's just the way the MC has sex. it's not a mystery, Quinn even calls him out for it when he's fucking her on the rooftop. DPC knows, it's not accidental. When you're packing like he is, slower is always safer when you're breaking in a new partner.
In the official Walkthrouht, I just read this.

"If you aren’t on Isabella’s branch, enjoy the resolution of Jill’s third date with Tybalt."

I guess this will be the reason for Jill not to give the MC a chance after the third date with Tybalt. Someone wrote it before in this thread, I think it was Warscared, so the way to a woman can also be through that woman's girlfriend. So if Isabella doesn't like the MC, Jill will dump the MC.

The same thing actually happens with Tybalt.:rolleyes:
No. Jill will dump the MC, regardless of his relationship with Bella, if he's a DIK. You can still be a major DIK and be with Isabella. You can be on great terms with her and Jill with dump you. Just like she does if you decided to take care of Sage during her illness, even if you're a major chick AND everybody loves you. Jill kicks you to the curb.

Jill lives in her own fairy princess mentality where she can do no wrong, and she believes in stupid shit like destiny and magical portents of the future. Calling her Naive only scratches the surface of Jill's character faults.

If your goal is to reach Jill's sex scene, there are really only two things you have to make sure you do. Don't be a DIK, and don't take care of Sage. (I suppose you could argue the 3rd is "don't fuck Bella", but that's already assumed here)

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Jill lives in her own fairy princess mentality where she can do no wrong
Evidently not true; she explicitly tells the MC she recognizes she's stubborn and it's not a great quality to have, and she acknowledges responsibility for whatever went between her and Isabella.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CoalPhelps

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Evidently not true; she explicitly tells the MC she recognizes she's stubborn and it's not a great quality to have, and she acknowledges responsibility for whatever went between her and Isabella.
But she never extends that same understanding to her relationship with the MC. She even acknowledges, to Bella, that she fucked up and 'wants to fix it', but never once acknowledges to the MC that she should stay the fuck out of his business when he's told her to.

She does not treat him as someone who is allowed to live his own life, she acts like she knows better than he does, regardless of his desires.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
If we talking about Jill again...I'm wondering if anyone noticed Jill's strange and atypical behavior in the prologue of Episode 5? The moment she meets Rusty.
What do we know about Jill from the main plot? She is a very mannered, shy and modest girl. Jill has such good manners that she is afraid to quarrel with someone and it's just embarrassing for her to say no. She couldn’t even respond normally to Tybalt’s harassment until the end of Episode 8. Although at these moments it’s noticeable how uncomfortable his courtship is for her, especially in the second season. Or she will not say anything to the MC who behaves like a pig, for example, peeps at her panties. She is silent, although the MC receives -1RP Jill. This is the Jill we know.
But here's what we see when Jill meeting Rusty:
Oh, another rich boy hitting on me
20220826225444_1.jpg
20220826225542_1.jpg
When Jill finds out who Rusty is, she releases her best line in the whole game:
20220826225547_1.jpg 20220826225554_1.jpg
That smug face when Jill fried Rusty and leaves is pure gold
20220826225609_1.jpg
20220826225612_1.jpg
It's also worth mentioning her response when Rusty mentioned Romeo and Juliet:
"Haha, if you think that, you should read that book again"

And it's all very strange. And it doesn't fit with everything we know about Jill and what Bianca said about how she "pulled Jill out of the shell", which is to say, hinting that she was even more shy. What's going on here? Jill in her first year of college is a rather bold, open and charismatic girl who easily turns off an annoying guy who tring to charm her. I would say that in the prologue, she carries herself like a confident aristocrat, and not a tower princess, isolated from the world. Which we know from the main scenario.

I'm a little confused. Maybe Jill was broken after she got into B&R? Maybe the tragedy with Lana happened not so long ago? Who has theories? Is this just a DPC plot error, or could the event that changed Jill actually happen in the last two years?

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But she never extends that same understanding to her relationship with the MC. She even acknowledges, to Bella, that she fucked up and 'wants to fix it', but never once acknowledges to the MC that she should stay the fuck out of his business when he's told her to.
But given the outcome of the event in question she actually did know better than MC in that particular case. And honestly, the "she should stay the fuck out of MC's business because i tooooooold her so" holds little water when the MC constantly gets in everyone's business and it never triggers any self-reflection in the players controlling him. He gets to be on receiving end of it for once, no need to get all snowflake about it like it's some kind of end of the world and relationship breaker, that someone dared to display some agency rather than act like mere background for power fantasies, and did something you didn't want them to. (Quinn says "hi")

She does not treat him as someone who is allowed to live his own life, she acts like she knows better than he does, regardless of his desires.
Let's also not forget she's actually older than MC. It's pretty natural in such situation to presume the leading role, especially when you've had lot of first-hand experience with subject at hand, as it's apparently the case with Jill and bullying.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But given the outcome of the event in question she actually did know better than MC in that particular case. And honestly, the "she should stay the fuck out of MC's business because i tooooooold her so" holds little water when the MC constantly gets in everyone's business and it never triggers any self-reflection in the players controlling him. He gets to be on receiving end of it for once, no need to get all snowflake about it like it's some kind of end of the world and relationship breaker, that someone dared to display some agency rather than act like mere background for power fantasies, and did something you didn't want them to. (Quinn says "hi")

Let's also not forget she's actually older than MC. It's pretty natural in such situation to presume the leading role, especially when you've had lot of first-hand experience with subject at hand, as it's apparently the case with Jill and bullying.
2 years age difference does not give you any right to choose for another, maybe only if you are less than 10 years old

on what occasion would MC get involved in an affair he was told to stay away from? maybe with Quinn?

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
If we talking about Jill again...I'm wondering if anyone noticed Jill's strange and atypical behavior in the prologue of Episode 5? The moment she meets Rusty.
What do we know about Jill from the main plot? She is a very mannered, shy and modest girl. Jill has such good manners that she is afraid to quarrel with someone and it's just embarrassing for her to say no. She couldn’t even respond normally to Tybalt’s harassment until the end of Episode 8. Although at these moments it’s noticeable how uncomfortable his courtship is for her, especially in the second season. Or she will not say anything to the MC who behaves like a pig, for example, peeps at her panties. She is silent, although the MC receives -1RP Jill. This is the Jill we know.
But here's what we see when Jill meeting Rusty:
Oh, another rich boy hitting on me
View attachment 2089214
View attachment 2089215
When Jill finds out who Rusty is, she releases her best line in the whole game:
View attachment 2089218 View attachment 2089221
That smug face when Jill fried Rusty and leaves is pure gold
View attachment 2089222
View attachment 2089232
It's also worth mentioning her response when Rusty mentioned Romeo and Juliet:
"Haha, if you think that, you should read that book again"

And it's all very strange. And it doesn't fit with everything we know about Jill and what Bianca said about how she "pulled Jill out of the shell", which is to say, hinting that she was even more shy. What's going on here? Jill in her first year of college is a rather bold, open and charismatic girl who easily turns off an annoying guy who tring to charm her. I would say that in the prologue, she carries herself like a confident aristocrat, and not a tower princess, isolated from the world. Which we know from the main scenario.

I'm a little confused. Maybe Jill was broken after she got into B&R? Maybe the tragedy with Lana happened not so long ago? Who has theories? Is this just a DPC plot error, or could the event that changed Jill actually happen in the last two years?
My guess would be that DPC simply created this scene and didn't care that it doesn't line up in 100% with "current Jill". I mean it didn't bothered me until you pointed that out (and tbh it kinda still doesn't bother me :D), I just simply thought "cool comeback, nice way to present a difference between "classy" Jill and "goofy/DIK" Rusty". But yup, you're right it doesn't sound like usual Jill who's horrified she accidentaly offended random character #3 :p

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
2 years age difference does not give you any right to choose for another, maybe only if you are less than 10 years old
The whole senior->freshman and senpai/kohai dynamics so prevalent in school VNs are based entirely on this idea that people who are 1-2 years older are way more experienced and know way better. And when they tell you to jump, you ask how high.

on what occasion would MC get involved in an affair he was told to stay away from? maybe with Quinn?
When does the MC ever ask if people whose affairs he's involving himself into maybe don't want him to? Does he ask people whose secrets he spills around if they're ok with it?

• Thinking Face

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
The whole senior->freshman and senpai/kohai dynamics so prevalent in school VNs are based entirely on this idea that people who are 1-2 years older are way more experienced and know way better. And when they tell you to jump, you ask how high.
Yeah, except that he (DPC) has made it very clear this is based on an American university, and we really don't do shit like that here - the notable exception being the subservience of the pledges to their fraternity/sorority houses, and that only applies in-house. A DIK probate would not be subservient to anybody in another house.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it is in no way Jill and MC's situation.

Jill is in no way "superior" to MC just because she is a couple of years older, Tommy and Rusty would be, Sage at the limit can exert some power over MC, but Jill is not, in no way

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But it is in no way Jill and MC's situation.

Jill is in no way "superior" to MC just because she is a couple of years older, Tommy and Rusty would be, Sage at the limit can exert some power over MC, but Jill is not, in no way
What makes you say Tommy and Rusty are "superior" to MC but Jill isn't? Rusty is just as detached from reality as Jill if not more, and he's got zero experience with bullying and such. Tommy is a village idiot and drug junkie who got in college thanks to cheating. Compared to either of them Jill comes ahead in number of metrics.

• Thinking Face

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What makes you say Tommy and Rusty are "superior" to MC but Jill isn't? Rusty is just as detached from reality as Jill if not more, and he's got zero experience with bullying and such. Tommy is a village idiot and drug junkie who got in college thanks to cheating. Compared to either of them Jill comes ahead in number of metrics.
Rusty and Tommy are the leaders of the fraternity that MC wants to join, this gives them power, gives their voice extra strength

it has nothing to do with merit or even age per se

Jill is a perfect stranger to MC

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Rusty and Tommy are the leaders of the fraternity that MC wants to join, this gives them power, gives their voice extra strength

it has nothing to do with merit or even age per se

Jill is a perfect stranger to MC
Jill is the heir to family which co-owns the entire college, including all fraternities and sororities which are only allowed to exist as long as the college leadership allows it. Going by this logic, she's on top of the power pile, along with Rusty.

• Thinking Face
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes