ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I wouldn't exactly call it lazy when the reason for delays is piling up more and more extra work to cram into the episode. Lazy would be to sit on his ass and release once a year ep.1 worth of content, or less.
You seem to missed out when I specifically pointed out, he didn't feel the need to put more, useless shit in to it. Interestingly, he was able to tell the story, with less renders, and in many people eyes, Season 1 is supperior to season 2 .

It had a visible progress, inside and outside of the game. and as much as I enjoyed the overall story of Dng, let's be real, the actual, imaginary Sex scenes, didn't add anything to the story at all.

the Dng, could work without it anyway, and it would been faster too.

and the sex scenes overall, very similar anyway. MC always end up magically, full naked even if the girls keep some cloth part on themself, MC is fully naked, in the very first moment the animation start .

The speed of the sex is always as slow as a turtle. The girls make-up, never once ruined, except one time Sage's. the position and method, is pretty much the same.

all these "extra work " somehow, less and less justifiable when the development 8-9 month.

and don't even start with the " He is a Perfectionist" bullshit, we have very nice collection of images and animations that show, just how much not true that is. I didnt even realized how stupid, even Josy can look sometime.
BeingADIK 2022-10-08 01-01-46-43.jpg
Lilly's ass, is another intresting one, and Jill have a running joke about her that will forever be in history, long after world war 3 .
and a list can go on and on.

No, he definitely, worked way harder, when he had less patreon, when this was just a hobby side project. Nowadays he simply, comfortable, with this above 10.000 patreon, He know, he does not have to provide the content in reasonable, time, people like you will celebrate him, like he can walk on water no matter what he does.

Some even go that far, that try to be smart ass arrogant little pricks, by telling others that "you not paying him, so you can't criticize him". Pathetic.:rolleyes:

Guess what, I'm glad, I don't give him a single penny. I could pretty much just throw my money out of the window, or legit burn it, for 8 month and I would be in the same position.:LOL:

Sep 9, 2021
So, where are the guys who keep telling us: "stop whining: everythin' is fine. DrPinkCake knows best. Oh, by the way, Interlude was such a great thing"?

Come on, don't be shy.
Stop being a cry baby, No one need to share your pov to make you happy.
He became a comfortable lazy motherfucker, there is no other way to tip toe around it.
Before DPC became the "big developer", who he is now, he had a proper, real life daily job, and Badik was just a side project, he worked on during his "free" time.

Interestingly, with less time, and less developed equipment, he was able, to bring out the pretty much, the majority of season 1, in one year. and also somehow, he didn't feel the need to reach 4000-5000 render, to tell the story of an episode.

But now, with all the time he has, and way better equipment, He just keep dragging things out..... Lazy motherfucker.
Hmmm . . .:rolleyes::cautious::FacePalm:

I can't afford tesla but I really hate that tesla production got delayed while I don't know full details, why is that happened to this big company but I am damn sure. Elon musk, a lazy muthrfuker.

I hope you see the irony.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Stop being a cry baby, No one need to share your pov to make you happy.

Hmmm . . .:rolleyes::cautious::FacePalm:

I can't afford tesla but I really hate that tesla production got delayed while I don't know full details, why is that happened to this big company but I am damn sure. Elon musk, a lazy muthrfuker.

I hope you see the irony.
You really gonna compared him to mister: " I buy Twitter, but then I realized It's not worth the money and now try to back out, only that the judge force me to buy it anyway "

Ohh, The Irony....... :FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:

Reactions: PashafromRussia

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You seem to missed out when I specifically pointed out, he didn't feel the need to put more, useless shit in to it. Interestingly, he was able to tell the story, with less renders, and in many people eyes, Season 1 is supperior to season 2 .
I didn't miss you've said that. I simply don't agree it's "lazy" to put more work into your creation, whether you personally think this additional effort was useful or not.

To quote a classic, "You keep using this word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I didn't miss you've said that. I simply don't agree it's "lazy" to put more work into your creation, whether you personally think this additional effort was useful or not.

To quote a classic, "You keep using this word. I don't think it means what you think it means."
"Oh look Daddy, I made The Princess Bride reference, I'm so cool right ? "
Daddy DPC : Yes, you told him, You just discredit everything he said I'm proud.

:rolleyes:
Your Daddy, stopped putting out proper status update for a while now, So we can't see just how lazy he is. "This week I worked on this and that".
Right. :LOL:
He put more effort, to the leading words he use, than the Jill special render.
FACT:LOL:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
"Oh look Daddy, I made The Princess Bride reference, I'm so cool right ? "
Daddy DPC : Yes, you told him, You just discredit everything he said I'm proud.

:rolleyes:
Roll your eyes all you want, but you didn't have any actual retort to the point i made, and that you skipped in favor of whining about a simple quote. And i think you realize it just as well as i do.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Roll your eyes all you want, but you didn't have any actual retort to the point i made, and that you skipped in favor of whining about a simple quote. And i think you realize it just as well as i do.
I realized that you are only joined in this year, so you literally have no zero knowledge about actual History regarding this game or the Developer.
May be you are the type of person, who want to Rewrite history, but that's only work if the people you try to sell the shit, is not aware of the real things.

I can assure you it won't work with me. I know the history of this guy and the game. so Yeah, he is comfortable lazy, for a while now.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018

I want to start this update with two important news. For the first time since I started working in this game I have hired a new artist to help me speed things up. This is going to be a permanent adition and I am quite excited that it would make development way faster. I will introduce him in the following days.

I also decided to remove a couple scenes I was planing to include wich means the actual target of animations left to render has been severely reduced. All things considered, with the new aditions and the new goal I think we can start beta testingin a couple weeks aiming for an early November release. Don't get too excited thought, the release may be delay a couple days if things don't go smoothly.

When it comes to this week I have been working and mostly completed a new scene I was hoping to work on for a long time now. I don't want to spoil anything but I think you will like it guys. It's the first foursome ever in the game and I am hoping this to be a new feature in every update. Special thanks to Heycock for sugesting me some of this changes.

Have a nice weekend
Love ya
Dr PinkCake

(Just a joke, no real update)
Dude, it's not April 1st!!!

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I realized that you are only joined in this year, so you literally have no zero knowledge about actual History regarding this game or the Developer.
What does my registration date on this forum has to do with your lack of understanding what a simple word like "lazy" means and using it completely wrong?

(for what little it's worth, i hope you realize it's possible to read the entirety of this thread regardless of one's registration date, thus being quite aware of the development history of this game, irrelevant as it is to the subject at hand)

Reactions: DickHard and sava75

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
What does my registration date on this forum has to do with your lack of understanding what a simple word like "lazy" means and using it completely wrong?

(for what little it's worth, i hope you realize it's possible to read the entirety of this thread regardless of one's registration date, thus being quite aware of the development history of this game, irrelevant as it is to the subject at hand)
How else would you describe when one person work harder and more effective when he only worked on his free time in a project, compared to when he has all the time in the world, and take longer ? than not Lazy? .

May be you should take your own advice and actually read what I was pointing out. when you dismissed with a stupid quote because you didn't know it better.

Oct 18, 2021
Chip, stop embarrassing yourself :rolleyes:
At first, when I saw your long ass post about 'DPC laziness' I thought it was written as sarcasm
But when people actually started calling you out, you continued going down the rabbit hole with your subsequent posts with the same rhetoric... I don't know, it might still be just an attempt at 'sarcasm', but it doesn't seem like it

Just tell us that you don't like long waiting times for high-quality content, no need to suddenly come up with random arguments with basically no ground to them and just suddenly go at it with others for no good reason. You probably don't believe in what you're writing in the last few posts yourself, just frustrated that it's taking longer this time. We get it, we all would probably want it to come out quicker, but if you actually look at the numbers/output provided in the status updates, you can't say that 'the end doesn't justify the means'
If DPC is 'a lazy motherfucker', then there isn't a single AVN developer who wouldn't be a 'lazy motherfucker'

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 2086902

This week I started off making animations and renders for a lewd scene. After that, I felt like playtesting Sage's branch while polishing everything I found along the way.

I created Pack quest for the episode, added all lewd scenes to the gallery, tested special renders, and fixed some code for it. I fixed a big chunk of the final free-roam event code and wrote a bit more dialogue. I added some more choices and a couple of new scenes and polished what I could spot.

I enjoyed playing Sage's branch, and I'm sure you will too. What struck me the most were the differences between Isabella's and Sage's branches, playing them back-to-back. All hard work is feeling worthwhile, and this episode is starting to come together.

Here are some stats on the current progress and what I have left to do:

Episode 9 current total:
  • 4564 static renders (0 in the render queue)
  • 260 animations (231 animations produced, 29 in the render queue)
  • 25 new songs
  • 8 new sound effects
  • 18 2D-art pieces
  • 5 2D-art animations
Work that remains:
  • 2 scenes left to write
  • 6 scenes left to make art for
  • 3 lewd scenes to make animations for (50-80 animations)
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game.
  • Add music (95% done)
  • Add SFX (95% done)
  • Special renders/2D art - Some testing remains
  • Scenes gallery - Testing and a couple of thumbnails for the missing lewd scenes remain
  • Playtest and polish (20%)
  • "Previously on Being a DIK" section
  • Ending screens for all branches
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude.
Phone content:

• Rooster (90% done)
  • Phone chats (90% done)
  • Bios (0% done)
  • Stats (Testing remains)
  • Vault (Testing remains)
Overall completion:
Static renders: 95% (Based on a 4800 render target)

Animations: 76%-84% (Final animation count is still hard to estimate)

Writing/Coding: 95%

Further insight:
I am currently alternating between writing the final scenes, posing animations, and playtesting/polishing everything. As always, I aim to keep a 24/7 uptime on my render stations while multitasking the remaining areas.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I think you all know how much I like numbers, so let's dig in! DPC has completed 450 static renders in the last 14 days and 30 animations in the last 33 days. That gives him an average of 225 statics/week and 6.4 animations/week over those respective timeframes. We can also clock his current overall average at ~147 statics and 7.5 animations per week since the Interlude was released. In addition, we learned the estimated total static count is now 4800 (slightly down from my guestimate of 4827). We also learned animations there are 50-80 animations left to animate (plus 29 in the render queue), giving us an average total target of 325. Combine all those numbers, give a upward trend on the animation completion rate to account for the supposed delay while completing the uber-complex animation at the start of September and we get the following charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think both the good news and the bad news is obvious from the charts. The good news is we finally have not only something to plot but some reasonable target numbers and a solid road map, so we have a *much* better idea where we are relative to the finish line. The bad news is that the animation gap is still gigantic. Assuming DPC maintains a pace of 8 animations per week from here on out, that means he'd hit our 325 animation target just before New Years (with the first week of December being the rosiest scenario and January 13 corresponding to the maximum animation count).

Now before anyone starts panicking, it's entirely feasible DPC will accelerate the animation pace as other aspects of the update are completed; he's previously hit 10/week early in Episode 9's development, and he's had rates in the high teens during earlier episodes. So I still think a November release is a realistic scenario. But it's no guarantee. I'm not even sure it's the most likely outcome at this point. Ideally we'd get some updated numbers soon to help dial in the estimates, but that seems highly unlikely. So we'll just have to find ways to remain sane as we wait another month for further news, be it good or ill.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
How else would you describe when one person work harder and more effective when he only worked on his free time in a project, compared to when he has all the time in the world, and take longer ? than not Lazy? .
The point is they weren't working harder before than they're working now. Neither were they working more effectively -- when you compare the metrics so helpfully supplied in the thread by a few people, the number of renders/animations produced over time is pretty much consistent over the years.

There's one change, and that's how much of content goes into each episode. As that value steadily grows, it naturally causes the time between releases of "completed" episodes to increase as well. But that's by no means something you could reasonably call "lazy" because that's literally not what the word means.

To use a simple analogy, imagine you have someone who paints one picture a day. The first year, they release a booklet of their drawings each month. So you get 12 booklets, 365 drawings. The second year, they release a booklet every other month. You get 6 booklets, 365 drawings. And then you scream how the dude is "lazy" because he used to work harder and more effectively. When in reality he's working at the same pace throughout. It's simply dumb.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Lazy isn't the right word, but I get Chip's point. Since DPC's a one man show, it's incumbent on him to edit the script down to fighting trim; rendering every single idea he has isn't necessarily optimal. Even if we ignore the time it takes, there's a definite risk of diluting focus or disrupting the the pace of an episode with all the extraneous details. Obviously we won't know if this has happened in Episode 9 until we play it, but it's a very reasonable concern. I much preferred Season 1 to Season 2 - in large part because we focused on the story and character relationships in the former and on the digressions and lewd scenes in the latter. IMHO, obviously.

So no, DPC isn't lazy, but I do think his ballooning development time is a very real problem in ways beyond mere impatience. Perhaps 'undisciplined' would be a better word?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So no, DPC isn't lazy, but I do think his ballooning development time is a very real problem in ways beyond mere impatience. Perhaps 'undisciplined' would be a better word?
Yeah, "undisciplined" is something i definitely wouldn't argue with at this point. Or maybe "unrestrained". Both are, unfortunately, not uncommon in game development and something am rather familiar with, first-hand, too ;/

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Lazy isn't the right word, but I get Chip's point. Since DPC's a one man show, it's incumbent on him to edit the script down to fighting trim; rendering every single idea he has isn't necessarily optimal. Even if we ignore the time it takes, there's a definite risk of diluting focus or disrupting the the pace of an episode with all the extraneous details. Obviously we won't know if this has happened in Episode 9 until we play it, but it's a very reasonable concern. I much preferred Season 1 to Season 2 - in large part because we focused on the story and character relationships in the former and on the digressions and lewd scenes in the latter. IMHO, obviously.

lazy. is the perfect word, especially, if we count that he did not worked because "someone hurt his business ", and his poor soul felt discouraged to work. and btw the whole issue was fixed literally a minute after he complained :LOL: . so yeah, I wont buy this 12 hour of work day speech of him.
I could call him even sloppy , that would hold some merit too. considering some of his render, and animation. lily's ass. Jill's face, etc. The way MC fuck, he literally, have the same motion in every sex scene, the same position, the same arm placement etc.

They can go and give me all the facepalm if this makes them feel better, I give them back, nice little fun, that change nothing regarding of the fact that he is lazy .
everyone know here , that he could create, the episode faster and as much effective, and probably with more consistent storytelling, like he did in season 1. back when it was a "side project", which he only worked on during his FREE TIME.

if he wanted he does not want it, simple is that. He doesn't have to because simps will pay him even if episode 9 comes out next year. and they praise it even if will not live up to expectation, which it won't , btw.
so in the end of the day what I said is true, like it or not, wont change it. He got comfortable, and he can be lazy all he want, because there is no deadline. " It will be finished when it's finished , shut up and give me your money and be greatful that you can give me your money, but be careful, i might ban you if your not a good little consumer "

DPC is not the first and wont be the last developer who is like this, so there is that if it makes folks feel better. Its always the same: "If you like the game support me, supporting mean, I can do this full time job, which mean more content and faster development time " - except that never happens.:whistle:

apparently the 4090 is like 60% faster than the previous graphic card generation :geek:, wonder how much longer the development time will be once he gets hold some of those card.:whistle::ROFLMAO:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Get used to it from now on...:sleep:

Amm yeah about this c'mon be serious its good stuff but nowhere "high quality" stuff...
Yeah it's like when you watch a tv show week by week instead of binge watch. You gonna notice the flaws way more as the time progress, and while Badik is above the average, its harder and hardeer to justify this "high quality content". :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
1 year for an update? damn
How is 7 months a year? Did math change somehow?

Each update is bigger and bigger, and it only makes sense for the production time to extend. Faster equipment only gets you so far, and now that the paths are diverging that is even more likely. Now, you can hope that this, being the first time with drastically diverging paths (i.e., post deciding who to pursue), DPC might learn some techniques to be more efficient in the future, and combined with more efficient hardware it MIGHT reduce turn around, but don't count on it.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes