Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
How is 7 months a year? Did math change somehow?
If you don't count the interlude it will be a year since episode 8. The interlude didn't advance the story, characters or relationships of BaDIK it just gave us some background of a basically new character and had some characters we will probably never see again. It has been a year since the last update to the main BaDIK game.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You know what, after some careful thought and saw how triggered some fanboys became, may be Lazy was not really the right word. MILKER is probably the proper word for him Now. I gave him to much credit , and assumed he just simply lazy, but in reality, he entered to the Milker road a long time ago we were just refusing to admit it.
Now, he is just all about milking that sweet patreon money for his retirment.
May Be DavDR was right all along, yeah, if I own somone to an appology that's him

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
No idea if it is. I'm just surprised that DPC explicitly mentions it, because he never mentioned it before, because it's not really worth mentioning.:rolleyes:
Nah, it definitely is. That's not even ... that's like someone saying 1 + 1 = 2 then saying "no idea if it is". Like what? That's basic.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
If you don't count the interlude it will be a year since episode 8. The interlude didn't advance the story, characters or relationships of BaDIK it just gave us some background of a basically new character and had some characters we will probably never see again. It has been a year since the last update to the main BaDIK game.
But you can't ignore the interlude. It's there. It's part of the story. Like it or not, it IS an update. And given the whole game isn't out yet, you have no idea how important it is to the story, but DPC (who, after all, is the only one who DOES know the whole story) felt it was important enough to take the time. And, of course, he spent time before the release on the Steam release as well. So, again, you've got 7 months on this update so far, and approximately 85-90% completion. How do imagine future releases would be a year?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
You seem to missed out when I specifically pointed out, he didn't feel the need to put more, useless shit in to it. Interestingly, he was able to tell the story, with less renders, and in many people eyes, Season 1 is supperior to season 2 .

It had a visible progress, inside and outside of the game. and as much as I enjoyed the overall story of Dng, let's be real, the actual, imaginary Sex scenes, didn't add anything to the story at all.

the Dng, could work without it anyway, and it would been faster too.

and the sex scenes overall, very similar anyway. MC always end up magically, full naked even if the girls keep some cloth part on themself, MC is fully naked, in the very first moment the animation start .

The speed of the sex is always as slow as a turtle. The girls make-up, never once ruined, except one time Sage's. the position and method, is pretty much the same.

all these "extra work " somehow, less and less justifiable when the development 8-9 month.

and don't even start with the " He is a Perfectionist" bullshit, we have very nice collection of images and animations that show, just how much not true that is. I didnt even realized how stupid, even Josy can look sometime.
View attachment 2087878
Lilly's ass, is another intresting one, and Jill have a running joke about her that will forever be in history, long after world war 3 .
and a list can go on and on.

No, he definitely, worked way harder, when he had less patreon, when this was just a hobby side project. Nowadays he simply, comfortable, with this above 10.000 patreon, He know, he does not have to provide the content in reasonable, time, people like you will celebrate him, like he can walk on water no matter what he does.

Some even go that far, that try to be smart ass arrogant little pricks, by telling others that "you not paying him, so you can't criticize him". Pathetic.:rolleyes:

Guess what, I'm glad, I don't give him a single penny. I could pretty much just throw my money out of the window, or legit burn it, for 8 month and I would be in the same position.:LOL:
Yea the "slow as a turtle sex scenes" were always something that just seemed kind of unimpressive but I would always forget about. No real changes to the renders either. That was actually an interesting point to bring up. I wonder if ep 9 will be different in that regard with how long the animations are holding things up.
Idk. I think at this point it's probably not going to "blow my mind" relative to the time it took to develop it but it'll probably still be really great. Ep 8 wasn't that great and that one took longer than the previous ones so I just don't really believe the notion that "longer development times will always mean better content to match". I think the relationship of time vs quality is more like the law of diminishing marginal returns. At a certain point, the optimal peak has been passed and now you're just wasting resources (time, in this case). Not to mention, he's fine on Patreon but less releases per year on Steam and those platforms means less revenue from those things since on there, it's strictly a product to buy. Could be proven wrong once ep 9 comes out (hoping for it, really) but we will see if the trend continues. Not enough "data", I suppose.
Still, I don't think DPC is "lazy" or "milking". I just think it's a matter of project management like what other people are saying. There were incidents here and there that messed up his work flow throughout the year but I don't think it took that much time from the whole process. Referencing ep 8 again, there weren't any things that made him have to stop working on the game during that time that I know about but ep 9 is on track to only be a little longer in development time compared to ep 8. I think.

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think you all know how much I like numbers, so let's dig in! DPC has completed 450 static renders in the last 14 days and 30 animations in the last 33 days. That gives him an average of 225 statics/week and 6.4 animations/week over those respective timeframes. We can also clock his current overall average at ~147 statics and 7.5 animations per week since the Interlude was released. In addition, we learned the estimated total static count is now 4800 (slightly down from my guestimate of 4827). We also learned animations there are 50-80 animations left to animate (plus 29 in the render queue), giving us an average total target of 325. Combine all those numbers, give a upward trend on the animation completion rate to account for the supposed delay while completing the uber-complex animation at the start of September and we get the following charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think both the good news and the bad news is obvious from the charts. The good news is we finally have not only something to plot but some reasonable target numbers and a solid road map, so we have a *much* better idea where we are relative to the finish line. The bad news is that the animation gap is still gigantic. Assuming DPC maintains a pace of 8 animations per week from here on out, that means he'd hit our 325 animation target just before New Years (with the first week of December being the rosiest scenario and January 13 corresponding to the maximum animation count).

Now before anyone starts panicking, it's entirely feasible DPC will accelerate the animation pace as other aspects of the update are completed; he's previously hit 10/week early in Episode 9's development, and he's had rates in the high teens during earlier episodes. So I still think a November release is a realistic scenario. But it's no guarantee. I'm not even sure it's the most likely outcome at this point. Ideally we'd get some updated numbers soon to help dial in the estimates, but that seems highly unlikely. So we'll just have to find ways to remain sane as we wait another month for further news, be it good or ill.
7.5 animations per week. That's a big "Ouch". Also that long animation was finished at the start of September? Jeez, I could've sworn that it was at the end. Why is that whole month just a blank for me?
If it comes out in January then, man. I ... yea. That's excessive. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like I'm owed jack shit or anything but I also don't have an obligation to closely follow something that'll only come out once in a blue moon.

Last edited:

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
But you can't ignore the interlude. It's there. It's part of the story.
Yeah it is there. I can easily ignore it and just get some bullet points about it from someone. Even after having a game about her I feel like I know more about Maya's past and her relationship with Josy from some talking and flashbacks than I do about Zoey's past and her relationship to the MC. It isn't really a part of the story just a bit of background on Zoey.

And given the whole game isn't out yet, you have no idea how important it is to the story, but DPC (who, after all, is the only one who DOES know the whole story) felt it was important enough to take the time.
I know it isn't that important to the story because we only saw a small part of the MC and his relationship with Zoey. We don't know why DPC made it. He could have had no idea what to do with episode 9 so he made a new short game while he was fleshing out the story for ep 9. Zoey may be his favourite character he has made and wanted to put a huge focus on her. This could have also just been a test for his next game to see if he could make a game with a female MC and see how his patreons reacted to a female MC. We don't really know why he made it.

So, again, you've got 7 months on this update so far, and approximately 85-90% completion. How do imagine future releases would be a year?
Yes 7 months to make this update but it is still a year since the last episode that advanced the story, characters and relationships in BaDIK. I never said future releases would be a year and if DPC concentrates on BaDIK and doesn't make new games I don't think future releases will take a year for a while. If he doesn't lose Patreons and they don't complain I can see episodes taking a year when he gets to episode 13+ especially if Zoey becomes a main LI with her own branch which I am sure is going to happen.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Yes 7 months to make this update but it is still a year since the last episode that advanced the story, characters and relationships in BaDIK. I never said future releases would be a year and if DPC concentrates on BaDIK and doesn't make new games I don't think future releases will take a year for a while. If he doesn't lose Patreons and they don't complain I can see episodes taking a year when he gets to episode 13+ especially if Zoey becomes a main LI with her own branch which I am sure is going to happen.
Again, it is 7 months since the last update. End of story. You don't get to pretend the interlude isn't an update, and you have no idea if it progresses the story. It doesn't matter if you don't like it. It is an update. Any suggestion of "a year since the last update" is factually incorrect. It is, as it were, a dead parrot! It's not just resting. It's not stunned. It's plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead. It's not pinning for the fjords.

THIS IS A DEAD PARROT....

Sorry, but all`y'all sound a lot like Palin's character in that skit. You can call it a Norwegian Blue all you want, but it's always going to be a dead parrot. It's seven months. Not a year. Seven months. The interlude is and always will be a release.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I'll think, we can compare development time when Ep9 is out, then we have the full count of pics, anims and all other.

Yes, waiting sucks, DPC is like a motorbike rider compared to a car driver (car driver: i'll take the higway to the destination; motorbike rider: oh, there is a curvy mountain road to the destination, oh, another one, oh ... i'm wondering why it's so late reaching the goal), in his head all the story is ready but transferring it to the computer makes him distracting thoughts to enrich the story.

As long as he has that many patreons to continue his way, as long he does it this way (not necessarily by looking at the income, that's his wife's part :cool:) but with the knowledge that every delay doesn't have any harsh consequences for him in financial things (speaking of he hasn't enough money to pay the primary bills).

Reactions: Gunizz and dalli_x

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
lazy. is the perfect word, especially, if we count that he did not worked because "someone hurt his business ", and his poor soul felt discouraged to work. and btw the whole issue was fixed literally a minute after he complained :LOL: . so yeah, I wont buy this 12 hour of work day speech of him.
I could call him even sloppy , that would hold some merit too. considering some of his render, and animation. lily's ass. Jill's face, etc. The way MC fuck, he literally, have the same motion in every sex scene, the same position, the same arm placement etc.

They can go and give me all the facepalm if this makes them feel better, I give them back, nice little fun, that change nothing regarding of the fact that he is lazy .
everyone know here , that he could create, the episode faster and as much effective, and probably with more consistent storytelling, like he did in season 1. back when it was a "side project", which he only worked on during his FREE TIME.

if he wanted he does not want it, simple is that. He doesn't have to because simps will pay him even if episode 9 comes out next year. and they praise it even if will not live up to expectation, which it won't , btw.
so in the end of the day what I said is true, like it or not, wont change it. He got comfortable, and he can be lazy all he want, because there is no deadline. " It will be finished when it's finished , shut up and give me your money and be greatful that you can give me your money, but be careful, i might ban you if your not a good little consumer "

DPC is not the first and wont be the last developer who is like this, so there is that if it makes folks feel better. Its always the same: "If you like the game support me, supporting mean, I can do this full time job, which mean more content and faster development time " - except that never happens.:whistle:

apparently the 4090 is like 60% faster than the previous graphic card generation :geek:, wonder how much longer the development time will be once he gets hold some of those card.:whistle::ROFLMAO:
You can say many things about DPC but he's not a lazy dev. There are hundreds of devs around to compare his work with.
Wait for the updates or forget about the game if it's affecting you so much that you can't wait.

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
Again, it is 7 months since the last update. End of story. You don't get to pretend the interlude isn't an update
Why isn't the interlude called episode 9 then? it's a year since the last episode or update that progressed the story.

you have no idea if it progresses the story
I played it and know it doesn't progress the story. The final few seconds of the interlude start a new story of the MC and Zoey but it does not progress the story or anything that happened in the last 8 episodes. Also an interlude is a break in the story.

It's seven months. Not a year. Seven months. The interlude is and always will be a release.
It is a year since the last episode of BaDIK. The interlude may be referenced in BaDIK and a character will be in BaDIK but it is not episode 9 and does not contain any of the BaDIK story.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
You can say many things about DPC but he's not a lazy dev. There are hundreds of devs around to compare his work with.
Wait for the updates or forget about the game if it's affecting you so much that you can't wait.
right? I was reading through the latest comments to see how far along episode 9 is and all I see is people bitching about the dumbest shit. Being a dik is a really good game but come on to get so heated over a game is pathatic. Does these people not have anything better to do than to bitch about release dates or who's right and who's wrong? Worse part of all is most of em are probably pirates who aren't contributing shit to the game or DPC but for some reason feels entitled to bitch:FacePalm::FacePalm: if DPC's a milker or Lazy than don't support him, don't play his game. But the reality is each and every one of those people bitching aren't going anywhere, they'll still play his game for free and they'll still come here to bitch afterwards.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
right? I was reading through the latest comments to see how far along episode 9 is and all I see is people bitching about the dumbest shit. Being a dik is a really good game but come on to get so heated over a game is pathatic. Does these people not have anything better to do than to bitch about release dates or who's right and who's wrong? Worse part of all is most of em are probably pirates who aren't contributing shit to the game or DPC but for some reason feels entitled to bitch:FacePalm::FacePalm: if DPC's a milker or Lazy than don't support him, don't play his game. But the reality is each and every one of those people bitching aren't going anywhere, they'll still play his game for free and they'll still come here to bitch afterwards.
Well said this is going to be fair chunk of an update but people moaning just look at the other high quality games that have just released or going to be soon these dev's all have hurdles to overcome especially with the music

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You know what, after some careful thought and saw how triggered some fanboys became, may be Lazy was not really the right word. MILKER is probably the proper word for him Now. I gave him to much credit , and assumed he just simply lazy, but in reality, he entered to the Milker road a long time ago we were just refusing to admit it.
Now, he is just all about milking that sweet patreon money for his retirment.
May Be DavDR was right all along, yeah, if I own somone to an appology that's him
How can you call him lazy or a milker? Chip, I'm trying to understand your logic, but I can't. Update sizes are growing, and this is inevitable. In a branching story, the number of paths grows as you develop, and nothing can be done about it. DPC is a perfectionist fanatic who is obsessed with his game and tries to get the most out of it. Have you seen the quality of the visuals in the Ep9 preview? This begs the question why it's taking so long. He constantly tries to surpass his previous work and raises the bar of quality.
I agree with you that some content is useless. For example, this idiotic D&G and Madame Rose. Okay, let's assume they don't. How much time does this save in total from those 3.5 years of development? A month, no more. Drop in the ocean.
And what do you suggest? Cut what to get faster releases? Can kill one of the LIs? Cut out some side girls? The audience won't accept it.
Cut out Zoey? This is also impossible, Zoe yis a plot twist in the middle of the work, such moves are always present in good plots. If it weren't for Zoey, it would have been an alive Lynette or something.
Maybe cut the graphics back to the level of the first season to render faster? Then the game will not look like a AAA project and will look like another VN, of which there are thousands.
I also don't like that the game is being developed for a long time, but nothing can be done about it and baseless accusations of milking and laziness do not change anything. Take a chill pill. I won't facepalm you just because I don't agree with you, try to look at the situation from a kind of logic. You are on emotions right now.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Seems to me, CL is missing some pals here, especially AC to whom he is complaining about that blue haired delay (called Interlude). ;)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
There are a bunch of ways to optimize development. As I said earlier, development is primarily about optimization and compromise. A compromise between what needs to be added and what you want to add. If there was no compromise, the games would be released once every 10 years. Offhand, it was possible not to render a dubious animation in a minute long for a whole month (we would have saved a month of development). I don't think the difference will be that strong. Or it is not necessary to make the free-roams so large or make them 5-6 pieces as in the last update.
For example, I like free roams. This gives the feeling that I'm playing a serious game, rather than point and click to scroll through the pictures. I feel more immersed in the world. I also like mini-games (not all of them). You need to be careful when cutting content, because it will always cause dissatisfaction.
The problem I see is this: one person creates AAA game. By oneself. He needs an assistant, for example, a person who will draw and render some of the animations. This will be good optimization.
But the DPC is unlikely to want it, he is a control freak dictator and wants to do everything himself.
And I think it's too early to talk about that huge animation. We need to see her in Episode 9 and then we can conclude.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes