allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

View attachment 2086902

This week I started off making animations and renders for a lewd scene. After that, I felt like playtesting Sage's branch while polishing everything I found along the way.

I created Pack quest for the episode, added all lewd scenes to the gallery, tested special renders, and fixed some code for it. I fixed a big chunk of the final free-roam event code and wrote a bit more dialogue. I added some more choices and a couple of new scenes and polished what I could spot.

I enjoyed playing Sage's branch, and I'm sure you will too. What struck me the most were the differences between Isabella's and Sage's branches, playing them back-to-back. All hard work is feeling worthwhile, and this episode is starting to come together.

Here are some stats on the current progress and what I have left to do:

Episode 9 current total:
  • 4564 static renders (0 in the render queue)
  • 260 animations (231 animations produced, 29 in the render queue)
  • 25 new songs
  • 8 new sound effects
  • 18 2D-art pieces
  • 5 2D-art animations
Work that remains:
  • 2 scenes left to write
  • 6 scenes left to make art for
  • 3 lewd scenes to make animations for (50-80 animations)
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game.
  • Add music (95% done)
  • Add SFX (95% done)
  • Special renders/2D art - Some testing remains
  • Scenes gallery - Testing and a couple of thumbnails for the missing lewd scenes remain
  • Playtest and polish (20%)
  • "Previously on Being a DIK" section
  • Ending screens for all branches
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude.
Phone content:

• Rooster (90% done)
  • Phone chats (90% done)
  • Bios (0% done)
  • Stats (Testing remains)
  • Vault (Testing remains)
Overall completion:
Static renders: 95% (Based on a 4800 render target)

Animations: 76%-84% (Final animation count is still hard to estimate)

Writing/Coding: 95%

Further insight:
I am currently alternating between writing the final scenes, posing animations, and playtesting/polishing everything. As always, I aim to keep a 24/7 uptime on my render stations while multitasking the remaining areas.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Ah yes. Give me those sweet numbers.

Reactions: ename144

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So, where are the guys who keep telling us: "stop whining: everythin' is fine. DrPinkCake knows best. Oh, by the way, Interlude was such a great thing"?

Come on, don't be shy.
I don't see any problem. The fact that the game will not be released within a month, and the release will be at the end of November- duringDecember is not a catastrophe of a universal scale. For you, this game is the meaning of life?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
And one time at the HOTs house (don't know the Ep, but it was the one Maya visiting Josy after she got a HOT), Ashley and Derek both entered a room (i'll think, it was empty before and no one went in with them), so this also could be the source of the later pregnancy test.
You mean EP8. But Derek doesn't go into her room with Ashley. That was Elena with John.

In EP7 there is another opportunity for Ashley and Derek to fuck when the MC interferes. Then Ashley has her walk of shame.

But looking at my mentioned Rooster Cluck from EP4 and reading Derek's list from EP6, Derek fucked with Ashley because her name is crossed out on the list. If the MC doesn't intervene in EP7 and leave Ashley with Anthony, here's what could happen. Ashley is pregnant by Derek but thinks the father is Anthony. Or Derek's swimmers were too slow and Anthony is the father. How could this be? In EP3 on the Pink Rose Chick Trail, Derek tells the MC that it already burns when he pees. Gonorrhea. Derek fucks with Ashley in EP4.

I actually have 4 girls that are eligible for pregnancy.

Heather: Okay, that's not a big surprise. Possible father Tommy.
Ashley: That doesn't make for big eyes either. Possible fathers Derek or Anthony
Camila: Is pregnant. Possible father Anthony
Lily: Pregnant. Possible father Anthony
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Look at the background. Anthony can be seen with Ashley, Lily and Camila. All three are on the DIK (left side) of Anthony. So my guess is that Anthony impregnated one of the three. Where. during EP7 Hot's party. If the MC is Behave, he can still send Ashley to Derek. But Anthony stays at HOT's house. Lily wants nothing to do with Jimmy. Understandable. If the MC isn't screwing Lily, maybe Lily snagged Anthony. And why? Ashley is screwing Derek and Lily, her friend, is screwing Anthony. But if the MC screwed Lily, Anthony doesn't stand a chance and will stay with Camila. As we learn later, Camila was very drunk and therefore easy prey.

DPC shows us some things, but it's hard to see anything like this. I just found something yesterday that made me laugh.
XOXO. X is the Roman numeral for 10. The 10th letter in the alphabet is J. JOJO. What is the name of JOJO on Rooster? MsSunshine.

Why am I writing this? There is a picture on Rooster. "Sisters ln Crime." I suppose the MC should stay away from these three girls.

Ashley is probably pregnant and might try to pin that on the MC, especially if the MC was on the Sage Branch of EP4 in the HOT'S sauna.

Lily is involved with drugs, is a stripper and prostitute. VIP Pass.

Melanie is the vampire in the threesome Bert talks about in EP8. You can only drive her away with JOJO (MsSunshine) in EP8. When the MC with Jojo enters the room where Elena and John are, Melanie disappears.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Looked through the DPC report of the previous month (September 4) and watched at how much work was done. I can conduct a control analysis of the work performed. The DPC has been focused for most of the month on producing static renders and the work was almost complete, with approximately 200 static renders left, but at the moment the processing queue is empty, which means all the computing power is busy working on animation.
As for animations. Last month, he finally completed a huge animation 1 minute 20 seconds long and also rendered complex threesome animations. In the last week, he seems to be focusing on working with animations, a lot of animations have been added to the queue. Most likely this will continue in the future, and if you believe his words that further animations will be easy, then the speed of their production will increase. It's hard to say the numbers, I think it will be 10-15 animations per week, probably by the end of October we will have 270-290 animations completely ready.
It is very difficult to predict the release window with such conventions. It is not known exactly how many animations there will be according to the available data: 260 (231 fully ready) + 50~80 = ~310-340. In the optimistic scenario, we will get the completion of work on animations before mid-November, in the most pessimistic scenario, they will be rendered until late December. This is provided that there is a maximum number of them and the average rendering does not exceed 10 animations per week at all times. Anything is possible, so the release window is expanding to mid-November - 2023 first week.
Positive moment. The DPC started testing and polishing the finished parts of the game in advance, and at the moment it is 20% complete. Most likely, testing will be completed along with the rest of the work, so there will not be a big delay after the work is completed.
Work done per month:
1. 995 static renders processed. About 220 per week, which is a very good productivity. :coffee:
2. 49 animations posed. Very good numbers:cool:
3. 30 animations processed.:rolleyes: About 7.5 per week, yes it's slow, the reasons for the slow speed are understandable, these are large complex animations, as well as parallel processing of statics.
4. Six scenes written, two left.
5. Art for ~44 scenes drawn, 6 left.

The previous report was disappointing when I saw the sheer amount of work to be done. But a huge amount of work has been done over the past month and now I see a light at the end of the tunnel. And if the work on animations will be productive as on the statics in the previous month, then we can see a release at the end of November, around the anniversary of the Episode 8 release, which would be symbolic. I hope in a month to respond even more positively and optimistically to the October report. Time will tell.
Снимок.JPG

Last edited:

CJelly36

Feb 2, 2022
I actually have 4 girls that are eligible for pregnancy.

Heather: Okay, that's not a big surprise. Possible father Tommy.
Ashley: That doesn't make for big eyes either. Possible fathers Derek or Anthony
Camila: Is pregnant. Possible father Anthony
Lily: Pregnant. Possible father Anthony
I dont think its any of these, my take is its a flashback scene with Lynette finding out shes pregnant with the MC.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I dont think its any of these, my take is its a flashback scene with Lynette finding out shes pregnant with the MC.
Why do we need a flashback scene of Lynette looking at a pregnancy test?

The MC is 19 years old and no longer an embryo. The MC doesn't need to see a pregnancy test from his mother to confirm that he was born.

A flashback of this really only makes sense if in such a flashback Lynette was previously fucked with someone other than Neil and thus Neil's paternity was questioned.:unsure:

Reactions: ename144

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Yeah, you could just go to N7 profile and see the last post, no need of reading 15 pages of stupidities (let´s face it, this forum is 99% stupidities from people with no life and bored to death)
Mods could spare us from that and create a little thread with just oficial updates, previews and relevant information about the development.
Well, discussing only about updates would be boring, and regarding stupidity: nobody is here to find a cure for cancer. But I agree that the important posts should be easily reached by people looking for them. That's why I once proposed the staff to implement a search filter that returns only the most liked posts, that way you could only have the "best of" and find update info. Many forums have that option and it's very useful.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
SevenMonthsLater!

• Progress Report since the 23 September table(2 weeks ago):
    • 450 Renders been completed, 32.1 R/D
    • 19 Animations completed, 1.36 A/D
    • 3 additional Music, 4975 $ total if all Premium, as it's the trend to be
  • Renders target been pushed to an extra +150:
    • Renders Progress: 89% > 95% | Animations Progress: 71% > 77%
  • DPC finished produce content for 11 scenes out of the 17 previously left.
  • Now the major issue with the animations left, with the rate of 1.36 animations per days:
    • if we need 79 left to be produced it would need 58 days (8 weeks)
    • if we need 109, 80 days (11 weeks)
  • With that data in mind, a Release Estimate would thrust to mid-December as Early 2023 (40-44 weeks)...
Renders
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
95%
Animations
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ▰▰▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰ 77%
Release Estimate
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰ 85%
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
Music*
Size (GB)​
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/D
A/D
sA/D
EP1130151 (3:29)≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
—​
EP21709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
22.1​
19.6​
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
24.5​
0.94​
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
3.22​
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
1.11​
3.65​
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
22.8​
19.7​
0.96​
3.04​
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34 (6.8K$)≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
19.7​
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP94564 (+23%)
Target ≈4800
231 (260)
Target ≈300
25 (5.0K$)
in development
217 (7 months, 3 days |≈31 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 8 months (44 months / 191 weeks / 1,338 days / 31,112 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music ; Total: 22,288$ — Ratio values exclude EPI/EP9 ; Ratio: (Renders/Days + SecondsAnimations/Days) [Average: 24.0 ; Last Two: 28.5 (+19%)]
Renders/Days [Average: 19.8 ; Last Two: 21.3 (+8%)] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15 ; Last Two: 1.62 (+41%)] — SecondsAnimations/Days [Average: 4.19 ; Last Two: 7.12 (+69%)]

(y)Thumbs Up to:
| Casiope's DIK Walkthrough | AchedCroissant's EP9 Preview Collection | shazba's Q/A Story Summary |
He became a comfortable lazy motherfucker, there is no other way to tip toe around it.
Before DPC became the "big developer", who he is now, he had a proper, real life daily job, and Badik was just a side project, he worked on during his "free" time.

Interestingly, with less time, and less developed equipment, he was able, to bring out the pretty much, the majority of season 1, in one year. and also somehow, he didn't feel the need to reach 4000-5000 render, to tell the story of an episode.

But now, with all the time he has, and way better equipment, He just keep dragging things out..... Lazy motherfucker.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes