Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
The power consumption of 8 4090s alone is absurd, not to speak about the initial investment which is also huge even if he sells all the 3090s at a decent price. I hope he does it but I won't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.
4090s are already sold out here :KEK:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Wonder if he splurges on the 40 - series cards from NIVIDIA and boosts this. Anyone know his current setup?
The 40XX series gives a big performance boost,
but I hope he doesn't think of improving the graphics again and adding Ray-tracing to animations, for example.:HideThePain:
As someone who understands a little about electrics: 4090s will consume a lot of electricity. And if he has a lot of working machines, then he will still have to change the wiring in the house (weak wires can just catch fire) and redo the distribution of electricity. I don't know how it is in Sweden, but in my country it is forbidden to install fuses in households with a capacity of more than 40 amperes.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
The numbers are concerning, and with DPCs self professed lack of ability to keep himself reigned in it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if the only update we get in 2023 is episode 9, the dude's a family man, December is brimming with social obligations. We probably are in the timeline where we get episode 9 in Jan '23 then episode 10 in 2024 the way this is going. :(

Yeah, reportedly one 4090 draws 450-500W at peak, 450 * 8 is a whopping 3600W. Man is gonna blow every fuse.
I wonder where in sweden he lives. In the south the prices on electricity is enormous compared to up here in the north because we are selling so much to the continent and mismanagement of nuclear power for political reasons etc etc. Whatever, its academic in any case. Theres fearmongering here every day about an energy crisis coming this winter. If he is down south his electric bill is probably like 15-20k sek a month already.

woling

May 10, 2020
The 40XX series gives a big performance boost,
but I hope he doesn't think of improving the graphics again and adding Ray-tracing to animations, for example.:HideThePain:
As someone who understands a little about electrics: 4090s will consume a lot of electricity. And if he has a lot of working machines, then he will still have to change the wiring in the house (weak wires can just catch fire) and redo the distribution of electricity. I don't know how it is in Sweden, but in my country it is forbidden to install fuses in households with a capacity of more than 40 amperes.
It will be ironically funny if this leads to a fire in which Dr PinkCake dies

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I wonder where in sweden he lives. In the south the prices on electricity is enormous compared to up here in the north because we are selling so much to the continent and mismanagement of nuclear power for political reasons etc etc. Whatever, its academic in any case. Theres fearmongering here every day about an energy crisis coming this winter. If he is down south his electric bill is probably like 15-20k sek a month already.
One dev said that his electricity bill is almost 700€/month right now (I think electricity is even more expensive in Germany).
I think he doesn't have as much hardware as DPC does though :unsure:

Reactions: BigBlueDude

icloutshit

Mar 4, 2020
The numbers are concerning, and with DPCs self professed lack of ability to keep himself reigned in it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if the only update we get in 2023 is episode 9, the dude's a family man, December is brimming with social obligations. We probably are in the timeline where we get episode 9 in Jan '23 then episode 10 in 2024 the way this is going. :(

Up north where I live it's a bit more manageable, but I can bet on that he's not really starving for cash.

BAXON

Apr 3, 2022
Will I miss something if I play the Brawler minigame on medium difficulty? Or should I play on Hard difficulty? I'm going for 100%.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Depends how close to an update, today his work, immediately after ep 9 release DPC.
In such a scenario, and you can only save one or the other, do you save DPC or his computers which contains his work?
If you saved him, he would throw himself back into the flames to save his business. Might as well save the PCs at this point

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Numbers two weeks in a row! Christmas has come early! :D

DPC completed 198 static renders and 9 animations this week. This brings his overall average up to ~149 statics and 7.5 animations per week since the Interlude launched. We also have revised target numbers, ~4875 for statics and 280-320 for animations; that's a net win for us as the tiny increase in statics is well worth the 25 fewer animations expected (on average - actual results may still vary). Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks to the lowered targets and a slight increase in animation rendering, we're now on target to complete animations around the start of December. With a bit of luck (DPC did say there are up to 40 more animations to pose so it might be fewer) I think we could make up enough ground to permit a (late) November release. So all in all I'd say the news is good, though we still have a while to wait. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.
Another nice write up but the only thing that I would consider "good" is the fact that it relatively close to a release. If it is a December release it will still be nine months for a single episode to be playable. At the current rate the second half of the game will likely be in development for close to a decade. That's a ridiculously long time for one game, I think.

For me personally, the extended dev times of the updates won't be worth it. I'm in these things for the stories but to me it looks like DPC's mind set has switches to quantity over quality. I wont know until I play it of course but the outlook for this is grim in my book.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
You'll play for an entire day and then wait another year for episode 10!!!! Whoopi!!!
I mean to be honest the last update took me about one and a half week to finish it if i remember right (played about 2-3 hr per day or one nut bust:D) but still i think the waiting periods for an update is becoming ridiculous...

Reactions: Razrback16

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Interesting nvidia is boasting double the performance of the 3090 with the 4090, hopefully he upgrades. Maybe in the best case scenario it lowers development time. But I doubt it.
It does not, unless what ever rendering programs he uses use DLSS 3 which I doubt, otherwise it's probably a +20% upgrade.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Will I miss something if I play the Brawler minigame on medium difficulty? Or should I play on Hard difficulty? I'm going for 100%.
I don't think it makes any difference. If playing on Steam there might be an achievement for playing it on the highest difficulty, but as far as the game goes, you don't need to. In fact, you don't need to play any of the minigames. If you select not to play minigames, the game will give you other avenues for making money and unlocking special renders.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Ok I used the Search function to find an an update on the game but saw nothing in the first few pages. So, has anyone leaked the Status Update from today yet?

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes