Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes, you do. Once. After that it has a skip option where you make a trivial decision or two and you're done.
Hmm, I vaguely recall someone mentioning that the interlude is optional and if you skip it, the start of Ep9 will ask you some questions to generate the key interlude variables?

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Not necessarily. DPC itself has written that season 3 is 33% complete. There are 4 EPs per season, ergo 67% remains for the remaining 3 EPs, which gives 22.3% per EP.

Now if we take into account that DPC needed time to configure season 2 for Steam and GOG, and that he leaves out the Patreon special reder thing, he could manage to create 2 EPs per year. That would be 44.6%.

But we'll know more precisely when EP10 is released by 6/30/2023. If he can't release it until later, there will only be EP10 in 2023.
Maybe, but tbh I don't really trust DPC's word. He's not as overexaggerating (or straight up lying) as other devs on this website, but he does overpromise sometimes, like I believe he said episode 8 was supposed to be a shorter episode and then it was the longest by a long shot. There are obviously reasons for why it was longer than other episodes, but I just don't think DPC (like pretty much every dev in the world) has an accurate measure of how long things will take.

If we were to go by DPC's promises, like you said he would have only 22.3% of the content in the season that he needs to do next episode. That would make the next episode 2/3 the size of this one, making development time estimated around 6 months. But DPC also said that custom renders, which he is cutting out, takes 10% of the time, so now it's closer to 5 months if DPC is accurate with his estimates. I just don't see it. Thats a HUGE cut in development time, one that we've never seen before in his development of all 9 episodes, so I just can't get my hopes up for it. The only times we've seen DPC go down in development time, it was by a few days, maybe 2 weeks. And then those were immediately followed by almost month-long jumps in dev time.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Not necessarily. DPC itself has written that season 3 is 33% complete. There are 4 EPs per season, ergo 67% remains for the remaining 3 EPs, which gives 22.3% per EP.

Now if we take into account that DPC needed time to configure season 2 for Steam and GOG, and that he leaves out the Patreon special reder thing, he could manage to create 2 EPs per year. That would be 44.6%.

But we'll know more precisely when EP10 is released by 6/30/2023. If he can't release it until later, there will only be EP10 in 2023.
You honestly think DPC will shrink the future episodes in Season 3 down by a third? (33% of a season to 22% of a season)

By the way, I got a marvelous piece of swampland in Florida to sell to you at a bargain price!

Seriously though, I think a more reasonable conjecture would be that the episodes has gotten so huge that Season 3 will be 3 eipsodes only.

Reactions: Ivyxxx

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hmm, I vaguely recall someone mentioning that the interlude is optional and if you skip it, the start of Ep9 will ask you some questions to generate the key interlude variables?
Nobody knows that fir sure yet, there is ni episode 9.

But the interlude itself supports this already.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
So the only way he’d had the same surname as his mom would be if his mom’s maiden name was the same as his dad’s surname.

Definitely a coincidence (I’ve actually never heard of that happening in real life, but I guess it does).
Have this one in the family, my cousins maiden name is the same as her husbands name, saved them a lot of money for changing all the cards after been married.

• Wow
Reactions: shazba

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
more or less like this:
Season 1 - took 12 months to develop
Season 2 - took 19 months to develop
Episode 9 + interlude - 13 months

Yes, the episodes are longer, but the trend towards longer development times is discouraging.
Season 3 - 36 months (Preliminary estimate). But judging by the amount of content in Episode 9, the total size of Season 3 will be larger than Seasons 1+2

ksceraaato

Mar 7, 2021
Since the whole interlude is from Zoey's perspective, I wouldn't have minded some more romantic paths for her. Maybe Bret? Idk, some might consider it approaching NTR once you're back in character (even though you're not dating Zoey). But personally I played the interlude so long after finishing Season 2 that it was basically a new game altogether. Can't wait for S3!!!

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
I was thinking if DPC wanted to be really evil, he would make Episode 9 dual protagonist. Imagine how fucked up you could make the story if given response choices for both Fuckface and Zoey:

Reunion MC 1.jpg
Reunion MC 2.jpg
Reunion Zoey 1.jpg
Reunion Zoey 2.jpg

I can see if I had control of both characters, they could potentially start fucking on the park bench or Zoey would smash her skateboard across his face. I don't see a way I could discipline myself for a middle ground.

Oh, well. Back to waiting for the update...

Floating around.gif

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes