dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
In my personal opinion, it's probably gonna be one episode per year most of the time. If he releases an episode in like January, then yeah, he will probably have 2 that year, but like next year, since he released an episode in December, he will probably have only one episode next year. This episode development was 9 damn months long considering the interlude and I'm pretty sure this episode was "supposed to be" a shorter one (DPC says that a lot even though the episode length keeps growing pretty consistently).

I personally can't see him getting the development time below 7 months and that's being optimistic considering the general trend of longer development times. So, I mean yeah if he releases an episode in May, he might be able to get another out by December, but I don't see him getting one out by May next year.

But if you mean literally 1 year between episodes, yeah I doubt it will get that bad.
Not necessarily. DPC itself has written that season 3 is 33% complete. There are 4 EPs per season, ergo 67% remains for the remaining 3 EPs, which gives 22.3% per EP.

Now if we take into account that DPC needed time to configure season 2 for Steam and GOG, and that he leaves out the Patreon special reder thing, he could manage to create 2 EPs per year. That would be 44.6%.

But we'll know more precisely when EP10 is released by 6/30/2023. If he can't release it until later, there will only be EP10 in 2023.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
View attachment 2232244
This is the second time Riona tries to put the blame on Sage, once with MC and once with Heather, so I don't want to hear you guys ever again about saving poor Riona from the evil Quinn, they are both to blame :cautious:
Yeah, people always defend her since she's supposed to be another victim of meany Quinn and I'm always like, dude, if she's "so nice and Quinn is so mean" then why they hang out? To me she's not bad nor Quinn, they are more like in the Huge DIK tier from chicks.

Reactions: Doowacko

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
more or less like this:
Season 1 - took 12 months to develop
Season 2 - took 19 months to develop
Episode 9 + interlude - 13 months

Yes, the episodes are longer, but the trend towards longer development times is discouraging.
Season 1 probably took more time considering that making a first version of a VN DPC had to create all the the characters, build the locations, write the plot and make the base code for the game.

All this work was made before ep 1 was released, so I wouldnt be surprised if season 1 took 15 months or even more.

Also, 3 days huh...

It was quite a journey, I normally dont post much, but I'm always lurking in this thread, it is an hobby at this point.

I'm very hyped, yeah the wait suck, but no game gets me excited as this one, so I will always be happy to wait.

Also, I'm a pirate, so it's not like I can complain.

I wish to all here (except the people who make simple questions that can be answered using the search) a good friday.

May your internet be stable, may your friends and family leave you alone in the weekend and may you have a blast playing this update, because I sure will.

P.S please don't spoil anything for a few days!

Last edited:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Once she graduated from high school, she applied for a course in graphic design in San Diego, but she didn't get in:

zo "But Jonah did teach me a few things about college. That dude should be like a guidance counselor or something..."​
zo "He showed me these classes in graphic design that seemed fun."​
zo "I had to do something else aside from working at Tattoos when I couldn't surf. So, I applied for a course."​
zo "But it turns out, I'm not good enough to get accepted for anything over here."​
zo "Any joy I actually felt from graduating was gone after that."​

So what she needs is a college with lower standards, one which will accept any fuckwit... :unsure:
A response in pictures.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
The more profitable the games the more they get fluffed

That's not fair, TPC had already released a complete game, a very good one, and deserves more credit than this. At least until proven otherwise.

Not necessarily. DPC itself has written that season 3 is 33% complete. There are 4 EPs per season, ergo 67% remains for the remaining 3 EPs, which gives 22.3% per EP.

Now if we take into account that DPC needed time to configure season 2 for Steam and GOG, and that he leaves out the Patreon special reder thing, he could manage to create 2 EPs per year. That would be 44.6%.

But we'll know more precisely when EP10 is released by 6/30/2023. If he can't release it until later, there will only be EP10 in 2023.

So... That means either episode 9 is 33% is the season (and 10-12 are significantly shorter) or TPC works parallel at least on sone parts of future seasons while working on current)

It does sound like there were things that were new and out of the ordinary (steam, special renders) that significantly impacted dev time, and it does sound the TPC is aware this is a long time and wants to shorten it.

more or less like this:

Season 1 - took 12 months to develop

Season 2 - took 19 months to develop

Episode 9 + interlude - 13 months

Yes, the episodes are longer, but the trend towards longer development times is discouraging.

I'm not in the know but look at what this guy said above. Can we be optimistic maybe?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I just had a thought. Actually, I often have them.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

This screenshot implies so Josy and the MC are being watched. But by whom?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zoey.

At the end of Interlude Zoey told Bret so they don't just keep in touch by phone, that she will visit him and they can meet. What wen Zoey was visiting her mom and saw Josy with the MC driving to their first date. She rolled behind on her skateboard and watches the two of them.

She returns to San Diego, without speaking to the MC, for about 2-3 months. Then she runs out of money and college in San Diego turns her down. After all, she only wants to take one class. So she has no more perspective in San Diego and returns. She already knows so the MC is dating another girl (Josy).

Only to get ahead professionally, she needs the graphics course. She has no more money. What if she starts working in the cafeteria because Beth doesn't have to work anymore since she has Gordon the Prep. That's how she finances her course.

The red haired vixen is Lisa. The DIK Zoey joins up with the Vixens to get her MC back or the neutral Zoey befriends the LIs of the MC, which can also lead to sex with.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: FjPji

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
So... That means either episode 9 is 33% is the season (and 10-12 are significantly shorter) or TPC works parallel at least on sone parts of future seasons while working on current)

It does sound like there were things that were new and out of the ordinary (steam, special renders) that significantly impacted dev time, and it does sound the TPC is aware this is a long time and wants to shorten it.
DPC has clearly written so that Season 3 is 33% complete. That includes the Interlude because it is part of Season 3.

Reactions: sava75

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Hey can anyone help me? I only have the SAVES from ep7. I didn't play ep8. Do I have to download ep8 and apply the ep9 patch when it releases? or can i wait to download ep 9 and play ep8 along? Do I need to play the interlude?
You need to play ep8, complete it and save it on the new save screen, then download interlude and start the game from those saves. Play interlude once then just skip it for you have multiple saves. Ps- You need to complete ep8 first then download interlude otherwise you can't play ep9

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
why is it Quinn's? :unsure: :Kappa:

Because we haven’t had a hangout with Tybalt yet?

EDIT: Seriously, that has the potential to be entertaining as fuck.

EDIT 2: The more I think about this, the more I want it to happen. Imagine being forced to wait with Tyballs at the Burkes’ home while some as yet to be identified parties hold a discussion in another room. You get numerous options with which to fuck with him.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes