buggs

Apr 24, 2020
I think the 33% comment was just a fun observation from DPC, not sure why people are getting riled up by it.

And regarding delivery times, I've said before, some people can't even get their dinner cooked on schedule, so accurately predicting an evolving product that will take more than 6 months to produce is not easy.
I agree and that's basically what I was saying. I don't blame DPC for underestimating, like I said, every dev does it cuz it's hard to give estimations, I was just saying that what he says and predicts aren't really reliable.
it just took longer to get out seemingly because of all the extra long animations
I also said this in a previous reply, and yeah I agree that that's pretty much the exact problem. DPC, in a lot of his progress reports, talks about how much he likes to experiment with longer and more complex animations, which is a massive load on development time. I don't blame him, he can do what he wants with his "Magnum Opus", but that's pretty much why I'm not optimistic about dev times getting any shorter.

tristan118

Jun 29, 2018
When i try to save at the end of ch8 i get this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/season2/scripts/misc/mp_save.rpy", line 4028, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Tristan Chausse\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/persistent\\BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845.new'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "season2/scripts/misc/mp_save.rpyc", line 4028, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/persistent.py", line 460, in save
with open(fn + b".new", "wb") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Tristan Chausse\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/persistent\\BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845.new'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Wed Dec 14 16:45:40 2022

even uninstalled the whole game and replayed from scratch. still have this error

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
You think any of the games on this site are not trivial? They're just fucking games, a literal waste of time. Luckily we all have time to waste. BaDIK is just light entertainment. It's not important in the slightest to anyone except DPC since it earns him a living. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it and get obsessed over the trivial bs the game is littered with. But if DPC just dumped the game tomorrow and said, "Sorry, got burned out". We'd just go, "Fucking cunt!" and then get on with the less trivial things in our lives.

But in the context of the game, and the return of Zoey, the Interlude is not trivial to her character's existence. It's no more trivial than all the other random bullshit that has made up the last 8 episodes.

It was arguably just longer than it needed to be.

You don't remember lemonfreak? :ROFLMAO:
All of the games on this site are unimportant and just fucking games? What great life lesson do you have for me next? Santa Claus isn't real? All I can respond with from your first paragraph is no shit Sherlock.

So the interlude isn't trivial to it's central characters existence? One would certainly hope not. Nothing in the interlude couldn't have been communicated with 15 to 20 renders in this upcoming episode. Which to my mind renders 90% to 95% of the interlude trivial to the rest of the game. The fact the rest of the game is full of trivialities is not the point I was making.

I agree that the game itself is full of trivialities but unlike the interlude they are mostly fun and interesting. Anyway in a few days no one will care about the interludes bloat.

Kingstanups

Dec 13, 2021
So I'm doing a replay just to remind myself of what my baseline would be. I generally play through once with natural stuff, then walkthrough or mod to see everything. Pretty sure that's common.

Do a natural playthrough, it seems pretty obvious that Sarah and Mel are on some shit and Jade is trying to get caught getting smashed. Probably by a camera in a hallway outside the closet she set up then asks if you want to continue and she's like...bet, lemme find the next spot my husband can get video cucked at.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3

even uninstalled the whole game and replayed from scratch. still have this error
There's an issue in your appdata (it doesn't delete when you uninstall). You can find it through C drive, users, owner, local, appdata, beingadik. Delete those files and try again.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3

My guess? YOUR PC HAS AIDS

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.Brule and Puyi

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3

Did you download the game from this forum? Is a compressed version?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Interesting. I work in a multinational company and many Americans speak more or less like the way DPC wrote.

But then again a New Englander speaks differently from a New Yorker from a Southerner from a Texan from West Coaster and so on. So I suppose it all depends on the region you are from.
Your right, it is down to the region. That's why I said where I'm from. I live in NY and people just speak differently. For example a bit would be a little or wait a moment would be wait a minute and you must is you have to etc. I guess were not "proper" around here. :) We tend to communicate in a more, I don't know, laid back way.

Reactions: ename144

Darius89

May 23, 2021
Can i delete previous BAD 0.8 (18.5 gb) and Interlude?
I mean i will download new version so i only need save files right?

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes