thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Rip with this update I will just focus on only Bella + Others playthrough and watch scenes from other routes through mods... the excessive free-roaming makes it too tedious and there is barely any difference either way. It is understandable, but I hate when content gets spread thin between so many branches.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote - Music Replacement

You might want to bookmark this for later. These will be the instructions for getting all the music back like it was pre v0.8.3 (either SanchoModded or un-modded) and are to be used in conjunction with the pending SanchoMod S1/S2 v0.8.3 update OR the separate patch for you folks running virgin (un-modded), both of which should be available later this evening.

Q: But Sancho, is there a difference between the two?
A: Yes, I'm so glad you asked. The difference between the pending SanchoMod update and the un-modded patch are as follows: you virgins running un-modded will get MOST of the music back but I'm not about to change hundreds of files and more code lines than I already have to get you 100%. If you want 100% then the SanchoMod multi-mod will get you done. That's the breaks Sparky, there's always a trade off.

Enough yammering, instructions are as follows (don't worry, I know what I'm doing as I recently reverted almost all the music for another very popular VN (LoF) recently and it went seamlessly for thousands of players):
  • From either your v0.8.2 installation OR it's original zip file grab one file being exactly "music_ep1.rpa" found inside the "game" folder (directory).
  • After you've installed the new SanchoMod v0.8.3 OR the separate patch for those playing un-modded, copy that old "music_ep1.rpa" file inside your v0.8.3's "game" folder, overwriting the one that exists currently.
  • Done.
Easy, right? Yeah, but I'm sure there's a ton of folks that will still fuck it up as always. Don't be that DIK, follow the instructions for the sake of both your sanity and mine, please. My nightly Crown & Cokes only provide me so much tolerance so cut me some slack.

Works in-game, at the Main Menu, on the Old Phone, and on the New Phone:

It's just one of the many new features the pending SanchoMod update gives you (and a bonus patch for you mod virgins).

Regards.
Music reversion done for Episode 9. Includes putting the original theme music back in the Main Menu like Season 1 & 2. Now on to the next hurdle.
1671227925959.png

Exalted Text

Writer, kültist, esoteric bodybuilder, pervert.
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2020
I'll share my initial impressions after having played through my main route (Massive Dik, Others) and sleeping on it. I have mixed feelings about this episode and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of fans end up being unhappy with it. However, if you consider someone from the Others as your /main girl/, this episode has a lot to enjoy. Quinn, Jade, Melanie and Sarah, Heather, Riona and Camilla (we'll get to that), Nicole and Lily... it feels like they all got a pretty fair shake.

Jade -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Melanie and Sarah - Bruh,

Heather - Ahah... ahahah,

Nicole and Lily -

Bella and Jill -

Maya and Josie -

Camilla -

Riona, Sally, Elena, a couple others -

Quinn -

Yeah, I think that's all I can share based on the one playthrough. Ahah, I'm pretty excited for the banter and reviews that are going to be rolling in over the next few weeks.

Pros, thus far:

Cons, thus far:

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Reading the reactions, this might be the first BADIK update I will just SKIP. I play this game because of the story (which seems to have not only taken a backseat, but got killed off in this update with a lot of inconsistencies) and always hated free roam and the mini games(mansion, hello, that was torture right form hell, except the brawler, I am a sucker for that one) According to what I have read, this one is a big free roam with sex and like 0 progression only having one at the end as a cliffhanger. It really seems DPC fucked this up this time quite badly. Not that it will matter, considering how many patreons he has, still, something changed here and our ultrafeminist/sjw/simp writer/dev lost his touch. Prove me wrong.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Dunnu what to think about this episode.
The exhausting Free-Roam makes it less "re-playable" than any episode before.
(Hate to say this. I enjoyed Interlude more)
After this EP, I went from "I'm looking forward to next EP", to "Maybe it's time to let it rest for a few years and come back later". But who am I kidding, I'll likely continue playing each episode on release..

It is making me wonder, if it's a way for DPC to "reboot", prolong the VN, throw more LIs and/or different routes into the mix.
It is also making me think that choice of path, in EP8 don't really matter.
As a lot of things suggest to me, the "long game" is what matters in the end.
More than ever, he seem more and more like a devious lil'fucker! ><

My further thoughts on this get put in a spoiler tag. Cuz reasons! If not played through the game, don't read!

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Huhm... first time iam really disapoointed by a being a dik episode (interlude excluded).

Dont know... felt like many things were just missing to me.

but i have to try every path of course to make a final decision... but just playing by the J&M route, i have to say... ep9 is more on the weaker side.

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
Honestly, DPCs implementation of free roam just sucks. If you take away the time you waste trying to figure out how to make the story progress (or play the pack quest), the playtime of this update (per branch) is actually not that long, and comparing it to the development time is just a joke at this point.

Renders and story were good as expected, but that kind of takes the fun out of playing

snarknado317

Aug 29, 2021
Or can nobody complete this "Restock Cake"? And I cant seem to find the fruit punch for Sarah either.
Both can be achieved at the table outside the MC's room in the hallway. Click on the plate and the punch bowl. You'll have to get cakes from the refrigerator and take them back, then go find Sarah again.

Fran94la12

Feb 6, 2021
Could you help me? After the initial dialogue that Tommy and Jacob have, I don't know if a video is coming or what, but the game closes for me.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
eh kinda got pissed by the end with the constant free-roam, jumping left and right all the time trying to find people. I just don't see the appeal. This episode in particular I feel they overdid it way too much. This episode (and pretty much the whole game) could have been played out in half the time if they skipped the free-roam sections and just gave us the content straight away.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes