felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm personally ok with players missing story parts due to LI branching. There are sure to be universal consequences for some paths, but I would much rather prefer players losing out than having it all narrowed down a thin tunnel in end. But seeing how MC's mom is a big thing plot wise, I doubt that going down the Quinn route will void the players of anything mom related.

Even tho there are lots of characters and mysteries in the game, it's actual structure and plot web is rather simple.

I'd prefer the game to warrant multiple runs, but I doubt DPC would risk it. DPC likes his narratives narrow, unavoidable and well cooked.
the very question of Lynette raises an oddity, however.
only MC who went to the picnic has seen that house and can, sooner or later DPC permitting, recognise it. for the other MCs it remains just another photo, of course one can always think of a way in which MC casually shows it to Jill, to Bella who should recognise the place anyway, or perhaps to Bianca. but it still remains a path that will necessarily be quite different for different players.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
And, I think if you're with Quinn, you'll probably be forced to use that money on drug deals or whatever. You'll make money that way, but it's risky. You'll make money if you're with Jill for certain (investing in stocks).
Exactly. Saint Quinn gives real opportunities, development. And Jill is dragging MC into some dubious scams.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Amazing song from Ep9....

JAM Studio - Gucci Like 007

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
This is the true answer. But DPC wrote the story he wrote. When George Lucas wrote Star Wars, Han Solo was a bit part. But he ended up needing the character more and more, so the part kept filling out. Also, he had his friend Ford filling in, who basically defined the character. Then you had the pivotal scene where he wastes Greedo, by shooting first. Supposedly it was a technical limitation at the time and GL was never happy with it. But it defined the character. And that's my point. Sometimes the needs of the story make a character better (Han Shot first!), sometimes the needs of the story make a character worse. It's art. That's how art is.
That didn't help. Now I can only picture Han Solo in a Banana outfit.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Just an opinion. The Sage path in Ep8 and now Ep9 is sub-par for a character that could have been written in such depth.

1. Ep8, you only get something with her if you do the Quinn double.

2. Ep9. DPC trolls us by having MC talk about Sage's family while he is banging her. Everything but insurance and investment advice is mentioned. And the whole self-slut shaming tell me I am a whore/slut etc was just silly.

3. Ep9 early on has some sweet interactions with Sage at the start, but all you get with her at the end is prison sex; then self-slut shaming (wanting to do the walk) and announcing to anyone that will listen including MC is that she is going to line up a list of group bangs.

4. OK, if that had been some kind of DiK route option but there is no choice. This character could have been written really well with a great story line and well, that is all we get. I did like the Sage character a lot. Now. I put her at the bottom of the list of LIs with even some of the sides having a more interesting storyline.

5. Again, this is only MY opinion and it is the DPC show. So, I get it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just an opinion. The Sage path in Ep8 and now Ep9 is sub-par for a character that could have been written in such depth.

1. Ep8, you only get something with her if you do the Quinn double.

2. Ep9. DPC trolls us by having MC talk about Sage's family while he is banging her. Everything but insurance and investment advice is mentioned. And the whole self-slut shaming tell me I am a whore/slut etc was just silly.

3. Ep9 early on has some sweet interactions with Sage at the start, but all you get with her at the end is prison sex; then self-slut shaming (wanting to do the walk) and announcing to anyone that will listen including MC is that she is going to line up a list of group bangs.

4. OK, if that had been some kind of DiK route option but there is no choice. This character could have been written really well with a great story line and well, that is all we get. I did like the Sage character a lot. Now. I put her at the bottom of the list of LIs with even some of the sides having a more interesting storyline.

5. Again, this is only MY opinion and it is the DPC show. So, I get it.
Sage's merit has always been that she has the most complex character, on the one hand she is MC's best advisor both for the firm and for the DIKs' ascent, on the other hand she is a wild party girl

lately this richness has been a bit lost, or at least it has become confused

you forgot one point in my opinion: we just found out that Sage is a Burke, but that's not enough, now we know she's also a Morgan and that will bring some confidences

Reactions: SomboSteel

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
I'm personally ok with players missing story parts due to LI branching. There are sure to be universal consequences for some paths, but I would much rather prefer players losing out than having it all narrowed down a thin tunnel in end. But seeing how MC's mom is a big thing plot wise, I doubt that going down the Quinn route will void the players of anything mom related.

Even tho there are lots of characters and mysteries in the game, it's actual structure and plot web is rather simple.

I'd prefer the game to warrant multiple runs, but I doubt DPC would risk it. DPC likes his narratives narrow, unavoidable and well cooked.
Maybe DPC likes his narratives narrow. But will be able to get that? The only previous work of DPC I know is AL, a way less complex story than BaDIK, and we all know the way it ended. It's like he was tired of that game because he wanted to start with BaDIK (he said that he started working in BaDIK at the same time he was with AL) and decided to end it up the fastest possible way. There exists risk that DPC will decide to end up BaDIK with Vinnie shooting all Lis except the one you chooses to run away with you, or something like that :LOL:

For instance, the MC's mom subplot. A key of that subplot seems to be the photo of Jill with the Royces' mansion behind, and the photo of Lynette and friends with that same mansion behind. But you only get that photo if went to Jill's picnic, so... that photo actually means nothing? All other clues and pieces of information that DPC let here and there in all paths, actually at the end will not mean anything, because you will know everything of all paths even if you didn't get them during your gameplay?

My point is, I would prefer too that DPC won't try to tie up all loose ends in one universal ending and the only thing that can change is the Li you end up, because I have little faith in him, according what we already saw in AL.

Reactions: Roroorigina

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
For instance, the MC's mom subplot. A key of that subplot seems to be the photo of Jill with the Royces' mansion behind, and the photo of Lynette and friends with that same mansion behind. But you only get that photo if went to Jill's picnic, so... that photo actually means nothing? All other clues and pieces of information that DPC let here and there in all paths, actually at the end will not mean anything, because you will know everything of all paths even if you didn't get them during your gameplay?
I am curious how he would try to tie that up, because if Jill sees that on the wall and makes the connection, she should also comment on all your 2d artwork of Quinn you keep all over the walls :cautious:

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
I don’t know, I think this entire episode on her branch just added another endearing layer to her character. Sure there’s steamy sex and chaotic party energy pouring out of her. However you get emotional scenes where the MC and Sage open up to each other, she confesses to be in love with him on the dance floor, you share many laughs and have a great time with a fun gf at a party. Overall very endearing and gave her some growth.

Sage has went from absolutely no feelings allowed, and blowing up with rage every time things get emotional, to having genuine talks, exhibiting patience with the MC, and openly committing to a relationship.

When she walks out with that DIK jacket and lays out the law to the dudes, that’s her way of openly stating that she really likes the MC.

One of the reasons this episode varies a lot is also influenced by the mood that LIs bring to the party. I’m sure you’ll get to see smart, genuine, and emotional Sage again. Hell she even shows it a lot with her expressions if you favor Zoey while on her path.

Sage being arguably the happiest LI at the party, like a fish in water, is probably why she grew a lot for allot of players during this episode.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Maybe DPC likes his narratives narrow. But will be able to get that? The only previous work of DPC I know is AL, a way less complex story than BaDIK, and we all know the way it ended. It's like he was tired of that game because he wanted to start with BaDIK (he said that he started working in BaDIK at the same time he was with AL) and decided to end it up the fastest possible way. There exists risk that DPC will decide to end up BaDIK with Vinnie shooting all Lis except the one you chooses to run away with you, or something like that :LOL:

My point is, I would prefer too that DPC won't try to tie up all loose ends in one universal ending and the only thing that can change is the Li you end up, because I have little faith in him, according what we already saw in AL.
I am curious how he would try to tie that up, because if Jill sees that on the wall and makes the connection, she should also comment on all your 2d artwork of Quinn you keep all over the walls :cautious:
One thing that really annoys me, is MC being retarded for the sake of plot very often.
Case in point, mom's diary. I mean, you grew up never knowing your mom, you get her diary served on a plate.
But MC reads it at the plot's convenience, like a page a week, which is just dumb.
Because if MC reacted like a normal person and read it in 2-3 days, all the mysteries would probably be solved.
But nooooooo, 1 page per week, for the sake of plot. MC has the time to fuck every girl on campus, but can't read more than a page a week, sure thing DPC.

Than again, maybe he is basing MC on himself. MC reads the diary as often as DPC reads criticism.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Sage has went from absolutely no feelings allowed, and blowing up with rage every time things get emotional, to having genuine talks, exhibiting patience with the MC, and openly committing to a relationship.
it's not like this phase lasted that long... more an exception than a change, because it's not like Sage never shared anything with MC

Sage has always been a varied character, here she essentially showed only one flavour, in the most showy and shouty way possible

• Sad
Reactions: NebulousShooter
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes