Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
What is she doing? Kisses with Josie, wants to makeup with Maya, flirting with MC regardless of the route. She likes MC, and kissing girls for fun is normal. Sage loves to party hard.
I don't think she actually wants to makeup with Maya, she's just joking. The real purpose of that scene is not saying us that Sage is horny and wants to makeup with Maya, but introduce the dialogue.

S: Have you kissed a boy?
M: Yes
S: For fun?
M: No, it was real.
S: So, you aren't 100%?
M: I don't know what I am.
S: Must be a hell of a boy.
M: It was Jack.

Now, Sage knows that somehow, something real happened between MC and Maya, not only "MC had a crush on Maya and Maya refused him because she's lesbian" (what I think Sage believed so far). If MC is not into Sage's path, this is just gossip. That scene if not even needed, is just filling material. BUT, If MC is into Sage's path, it means that somehow, Maya enters into MC's "Exes" category, and some jealousy can be expected from her, the same way she may be jealous for the fact that MC invited Zoey to the party or if MC flirts with other girls.

About kissing Josy, it's like the HOTs and daughters kissing each others during the game of "spin the dildo", as a dare and to turn on the boys looking. Sage is playing there and trying to turn on MC, both if they are fuck buddies or not. That's why her first interaction with MC is asking him if that costume is for turning on girls with his "hot body". Again, that interaction makes sense if MC is into Sage's path, if not is just filling material.

The problem with most of the scenes of a given girl is that should work the same if MC is following the route of that girl, and if not, because DPC only can create a limited number of specific scenes for any given girl. Some of the scenes and interactions with Sage only make sense if they are fuck buddies and almost couple. I don't think that makes a lot of sense that Sage flirts with MC during the party in several occasions and try to turn him on, if MC rejected Sage, specially if it was after the scene when he tells Sage that he wants to have dates with her and have something real together, not only sex.

DPC needs that Sage and MC remain friends for the sake of the plot, but character-wise, a proud girl like Sage that also has been dumped by another guy a few days before, wouldn't react the way she does in that scene. She should react like Quinn, simulating indifference, or even with repressed anger, and would not continue involved with MC in party planning and would not interact with MC in the party. But again, it would go against the plot, so we have to suspend the incredulity if MC rejected Sage. I think that Quinn's, Bella's or Jill's path after MC's rejection has way more sense. They react the way their characters should react, according what we know about them.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I don't think she actually wants to makeup with Maya, she's just joking. The real purpose of that scene is not saying us that Sage is horny and wants to makeup with Maya, but introduce the dialogue.

Now, Sage knows that somehow, something real happened between MC and Maya, not only "MC had a crush on Maya and Maya refused him because she's lesbian" (what I think Sage believed so far). If MC is not into Sage's path, this is just gossip. That scene if not even needed, is just filling material. BUT, If MC is into Sage's path, it means that somehow, Maya enters into MC's "Exes" category, and some jealousy can be expected from her, the same way she may be jealous for the fact that MC invited Zoey to the party or if MC flirts with other girls.

About kissing Josy, it's like the HOTs and daughters kissing each others during the game of "spin the dildo", as a dare and to turn on the boys looking. Sage is playing there and trying to turn on MC, both if they are fuck buddies or not. That's why her first interaction with MC is asking him if that costume is for turning on girls with his "hot body". Again, that interaction makes sense if MC is into Sage's path, if not is just filling material.

The problem with most of the scenes of a given girl is that should work the same if MC is following the route of that girl, and if not, because DPC only can create a limited number of specific scenes for any given girl. Some of the scenes and interactions with Sage only make sense if they are fuck buddies and almost couple. I don't think that makes a lot of sense that Sage flirts with MC during the party in several occasions and try to turn him on, if MC rejected Sage, specially if it was after the scene when he tells Sage that he wants to have dates with her and have something real together, not only sex.

DPC needs that Sage and MC remain friends for the sake of the plot, but character-wise, a proud girl like Sage that also has been dumped by another guy a few days before, wouldn't react the way she does in that scene. She should react like Quinn, simulating indifference, or even with repressed anger, and would not continue involved with MC in party planning and would not interact with MC in the party. But again, it would go against the plot, so we have to suspend the incredulity if MC rejected Sage. I think that Quinn's, Bella's or Jill's path after MC's rejection has way more sense. They react the way their characters should react, according what we know about them.
I noticed a difference in Sage's reaction at the moment of dialogue with Maya. These are the little details that I love to look for. If you're in her way, then when Maya said "That was Geralt", Sage was more confused. I don't think she liked it, but it's a normal reaction. Hopefully this won't cause any problems.

Reactions: Roundell

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
I noticed a difference in Sage's reaction at the moment of dialogue with Maya. These are the little details that I love to look for. If you're in her way, then when Maya said "That was Geralt", Sage was more confused. I don't think she liked it, but it's a normal reaction. Hopefully this won't cause any problems.
It will cause problems in Sage's path, the same it will cause Zoey. If not, why to introduce that scene, and the one of Josy asking MC if it's true that invited his ex-girlfriend to the party? Chekov's gun principle of drama: In a story shouldn't be unnecessary elements. That scene is totally unnecessary for the story if MC is not following Sage's path. As you say, her reaction is the one of a simple gossip. "What about that...?" she says with a smile. Like thinking "Ha ha, this MC is a fucking playa". DPC could have cut it and pass directly to the dialogue with Jill and the story would be the same, but it works as filling material, like other unnecessary scenes with other girls if MC is not into their paths, so the update is not too short. But it has relevance for Sage's path. She says "I see... Umm..." with a concern look. Like "What is this about? It was just a kiss, or there was more? Why MC hasn't told me about it?" or something like that.

But I don't think is going to be a big deal if MC doesn't shows too much interest in Maya or Zoey in the future (or Josy, when Sage knows that she's an MC's ex too, something that probably will happen too at some point).

By the way, "Chekov's gun principle" says something like "if a character flashes a gun, at some point of the story, someone must shoot it. If not, that gun is not needed and shouldn't be flashed". It applies literally to Vinnie. ;)

Last edited:

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
anyone else find the sex scenes in ep 9 a bit meh? the only scenes I replayed are Jade's and the Sarah/Mel ending scene.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Jacob after meeting Zoey at the Halloween party. :Kappa:
View attachment 2312565
LTG, one of the biggest idiots on the interwebz. But the FGC wouldn't be the same without him and his low skilled RQ ass xD

Good analysis, but I disagree a little about Sage's regression. Maybe i'm biased, but...
As a personality, Sage is very versatile, she is very fair and caring, at parties she behaves differently, like a real party girl,but there is nothing slutty about her behavior. What is she doing? Kisses with Josie, wants to makeup with Maya, flirting with MC regardless of the route. She likes MC, and kissing girls for fun is normal. Sage loves to party hard.
I agree about the costume, it was lazy and even the MC commented on it.
Her walk of shame is a fucking legend, incredible charisma, self-confidence and thus she declares her relationship with the MC. Loud, with theatrical effect and fireworks. It was strong.
As my friend who plays the game said, I'll quote: "After that I don't think we deserve Sage. Not at all."
I also highly recommend trying the remaining routes, especially Bella, the dialogues there are top notch.

My costume list is similar to yours, except instead of Sarah and Melanie, I have Josie. The fairy costume really suits her, and these two are wearing bunny costumes, it's sexy but a little boring. I'm add Heather to the list of boring and worst costumes, seriously, a beach swimsuit? Who would think of dressing up like this for Halloween? :LOL:
Sage wise, I agree there is no regression too. She was tender at the beginning. But the entire episode is 1 party.
She was in party mode, up for having fun, she is known to party hard, knew MC was working hard and was all about rewarding him and having a great night. I believe that she will be "back to normal" in the next episode. It's just that a party setting with drinks brought out this side of her. Because lets face it, SHE is the president of the HOTs. She wouldn't be it if she wasn't a party person and a freak. She's slowing down a bit maybe due to studies, but I bet she was even wilder before.

That's my take on it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

there are two points where I see it quite differently from you.

I don't see why the fact that there was a kiss between Maya and MC makes any difference, now either Sage is as naive as Jill or I don't see how she can think that there was "only" a rejection between Maya and MC.
even if MC doesn't take refuge in her room on the night of Josy's arrival, there is still the movie night episode with all the HOTs, where Mc asks her not to invite them and when he finds them there he is visibly upset.

At this point in the story there is very little room for the LIs to be unaware of the special relationship that might exist between each of them and MC, the only exception being Bella, of whom only Jill may be aware.

in my opinion that kiss only serves to start the speculations about other possible threesome (the same happens later in Maya and Josy's confessions) whether it's a real omen or a simple joke, we'll see as we play

and the other point where we don't agree is Sage's pride, she is in theory, and in some episodes she shows it, but not with MC, with MC she's the ultimate in humility. if Mc rejects her as a fuckbuddy (who would do that? ) she still tries to propose again when they are in Tybalt's room and is rejected again automatically, and then at the HOTs party she's there again to ask him for a chance. and in case we pursued her path but discarded her at the last decision in chapter 8 Sage wants us to know that if things change she might be available.

the word pride, at least in the relationship with MC, doesn't really exist for Sage, so the fact that she still flirts with him at the party, even if only "friends" is believable, a bit sad but believable.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
anyone else find the sex scenes in ep 9 a bit meh? the only scenes I replayed are Jade's and the Sarah/Mel ending scene.
in what sense? technical or content-related?

they were all quite rich in alternatives, and apart from Jill's two which I found quite embarrassing, Maya and Josy's threesome and Bella's final scene are for me among the best scenes in the game

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes