Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Sage has a head cold (worst case the flu). She’s not dying, she recovers in a few days (we’ve all been there and typically would have continued our daily grind except COVID makes people treat anyone with a sniffle like a leper these days), and she just feels like a bit of company so she rings the mc.
That is not totally accurate. It is not Sage that calls the MC, but the other way around. And this is clearly stated in the official game's guide.

If you’re Sage’s fuck buddy, call Sage. If you’re not her fuck buddy, only call her if you don’t intend to date Jill, or you’ll be forced to pick who to disappoint.

Reactions: shazba and bo77om

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I love those double standards....

So you fucked around with sage (otherwise you dont get the hangout with her anyways) and ditched Jill to go take care of Sage...

And it doesnt cross your mind that Jill maybe sensed that Sage means more to you/the mc than her? and blame her afterwards for breaking up? oO And btw, there is no such selfish thing in life than love... the girl you love has to be ALWAYS fucking number one, otherwise you disappoint her... if she tells you otherwise, she is a liar. That how it goes... and of course, guys are nothing different. If a girl you want to be with, dithced you for whatever reason, you are for sure not "fine" with it... and no, taking care of antoher girl cause she has a little cold, is for sure not a very good reason...

Its so easy to see it out of Jills view... until this very point in ep 6. Jill and the MC didnt do that much together... they talked a bit, had a tennis date, which btw was a little weird cause MC told her the thing with Josy at this very date... so getting "serious" was out of the question anyways here.

After that Tennis date nothing meaningful happened with Jill... a little chat here and there... maybe a little makeout at Bellas, thats it... but on top of it, the incident at the prep mansion happened.

So overall, the MC is walking on thin ice anyways.... She went on a date with Rusty once, and learned that he wasnt really a honest guy back than. And now there are multiple hints that the MC might not be that a good guy and she has doubts all over the place regardless. And now instead of going with her to that special picnic date that she only made for him for his birthday... you decide the MC should look after some running nose. And you forget, on this very picnic the MC tells her how he feels towards her for the first time... without this happening, WHY should Jill take the risk and get serious with him? There is just no reason. Cause if you dont have the picnic with her... not many things are bringing them together. And by far not enough to trust the MC that much to give him her virginity on top of that.

Of course, HOW DPC did the branching here was not very good... but overall the decision of Jill makes PERFECT sense out of her view. It doesnt matter one bit if Sage got a cold or not... until that point the MC didnt showed that much that he cared for Jill...

To get together with a girl (much more so if it is a romantic girl like jill) jo need SOME things that connects... to create them, you need special moments, dates, whatssoever... this HUGE special moment was created at that picnic, without it... no special moment... so no Jill in the end... makes sense right?

No?

Hey, ever watched back to the future? If they dont go to the dance... they dont kiss... if they dont kiss... no marty mcfly... EXACTLY the same thing here. The reason why doesnt matter, the moment doesnt happen, so no fucking, and no Marty mcfly...

You dont create that special moment with Jill... no fucking Jill, thats it... it doesnt matter if Sage is sick or is sitting on a volcano that is about to break out... its all about creating THAT special moment, and there is only that one chance to do so...

I would have prefered it if DPC didnt created that decision with including a sick Sage... but well... it is what it is...

but other than that... i cant here the complaining anymore... "oooooh i fucked Sage all the time while i wanted a serious relationship with Jill, and now she rejected me cause i didnt went on picnic with her" come on... get real. And she doesnt even say it like that... it is never spoken out by Jill like this, its only the variable in the code that reveals the fact that this very point in the game is the "trigger" for this very branch... that has just NOTHING to do with characterization. my oh my...
Why all this huge text for such a small comment of mine? I won't read all this to not waste my time. But answering you. There are no double standards. He was single and enjoying his college life. She made the decision to not go further and date him after that episode. That is her decision. My MC is fine enjoying his college life.
Ps. in case you don't know the meaning of words I will explain: If she was dating, going out with other boys while also hanging out with MC, and he decided not to date her because of that, when he was doing the same (that is double standard). When you think that it is ok you be dating others around but it is not ok for the girl to do the same. This is not what we are talking here. So you wrote all that for nothing.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Bella's backstory has been figured out a year or so ago. So if you want to know... Major spoilers!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the ages don't add up at all

Lynette we know when and how she died, but even assuming Neil lied (i.e. she did not die in childbirth but in this accident) it would still be an event so far back in time that it would be completely forgotten by MC

James at most died 3 years earlier

the date of Lana's death is more uncertain, I don't think there is a direct reference, in any case no more than 13-14 years earlier

Reactions: JavCh and aarbei23

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
the ages don't add up at all

Lynette we know when and how she died, but even assuming Neil lied (i.e. she did not die in childbirth but in this accident) it would still be an event so far back in time that it would be completely forgotten by MC

James at most died 3 years earlier

the date of Lana's death is more uncertain, I don't think there is a direct reference, in any case no more than 13-14 years earlier
Lynette died during childbirth and I don't think Neil lied about that at all. Mc also specifically mentioned that Neil cries during his birthday because of Lynette death and never moved on.

I am not sure if Lana or James died. I think Lana might be involved in drugs and James probably left when Bella lost her child. (Another far fetched theory is Mr burke killed James cause he got the hots for Bella) The way I see it Lana, James were involved in drugs which will tie in with Vinny and main storyline. Maya route-Derek spycam (drug), Josy route- Tommy drug addiction, sage route-burke and drug, Quinn/others- directly related to drugs. Since drug is one of the most important part of the main storyline. I think James and Lana will be involved somehow since Bella and Jill routes doesn't tie with the drugs.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Lynette died during childbirth and I don't think Neil lied about that at all. Mc also specifically mentioned that Neil cries during his birthday because of Lynette death and never moved on.

I am not sure if Lana or James died. I think Lana might be involved in drugs and James probably left when Bella lost her child. (Another far fetched theory is Mr burke killed James cause he got the hots for Bella) The way I see it Lana, James were involved in drugs which will tie in with Vinny and main storyline. Maya route-Derek spycam (drug), Josy route- Tommy drug addiction, sage route-burke and drug, Quinn/others- directly related to drugs. Since drug is one of the most important part of the main storyline. I think James and Lana will be involved somehow since Bella and Jill routes doesn't tie with the drugs.
I also tend to believe that Lynette is dead as told, but Neil is such a bizarrely written character that I expect the worst, his amnesia is some of the most suspicious stuff in the game

Jill has told us that Lana is dead, so if she wasn't it would be a very strange twist

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I think the only reason some people want Lana to still be alive is that she'd be another girl to possibly fuck.

There's no reason for Jill to lie, I think the copium used is that Jill's parents told her that Lana died when she didn't. I'm pretty sure Jill would have wanted to visit her grave at some point though so that theory would fall down.

Jill's campaign is obviously something to do with Lana, and it's likely that's going to be the "in" to get Jill involved in the drugs storyline, she's either going to be campaigning for zero tolerance on drugs, or campaigning for better support for addicts, bringing her either on a collision course with Quinn et al, or actually coming in on their side if there's an attempt to remove all students involved when the drugs become public knowledge.

Whether James has any link with this I don't know. He didn't strike me as a drug addict in Bella's flashback. Bella is likely to take Cathy's place in the hierarchy of the school though. And if Burke is implicated when the restaurant becomes public knowledge it's likely Burke and Jade will be excluded from the deliberations about what B&R will do about it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why do you think Riona of all girls is the universal temptation no matter the route you play? Do you think DPC tries to make the player attached to her before he pulls his classic house fire trick? :cry::cry:
there's definitely something going on for her (besides the scene you point out there's that now the break-up with Quinn is imminent), hopefully nothing definitive

• Sad
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Why do you think Riona of all girls is the universal temptation no matter the route you play? Do you think DPC tries to make the player attached to her before he pulls his classic house fire trick? :cry::cry:
Come on, guys. Do not be that negative. What happened in his only previous game should not be taken as such a deciding indicator of what is to come.

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
Come on, guys. Do not be that negative. What happened in his only previous game should not be taken as such a deciding indicator of what is to come.
I think we'll have a giant emotional shitstorm heading our way at some point. Someone's going to get gunned down or top themselves

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I think we'll have a giant emotional shitstorm heading our way at some point. Someone's going to get gunned down or top themselves
My thought process is Quinn is too obvious of a choice and no one seems to care about Tommy, that leaves fan favorites Derek and Riona. He already did the best friendrisking death in his previous game. I obviously hope nothing happens, but the stakes have to be raised somehow for the end of the game.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
My thought process is Quinn is too obvious of a choice and no one seems to care about Tommy, that leaves fan favorites Derek and Riona. He already did the best friendrisking death in his previous game. I obviously hope nothing happens, but the stakes have to be raised somehow for the end of the game.
Riona is the most obvious candidate for me. We've already seen she's having doubts aobut everything going on with Quinn and I think the two talks she had with the MC during the party will tip her towards wanting to walk away from it all. That could put her on a future collision with some sort of trouble

bZokko1

Feb 2, 2019
Riona is the most obvious candidate for me. We've already seen she's having doubts about everything going on with Quinn and I think the two talks she had with the MC during the party will tip her towards wanting to walk away from it all. That could put her on a future collision with some sort of trouble
Obviously we are going to get rug pulled out under us, but maybe in a way we don't expect. Riona maybe end up going for Camilla, because of the serious relationship talk (MC Friendzoned). Thus both pulling out of Quinn's gig, causing her trouble.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Bella's backstory has been figured out a year or so ago. So if you want to know... Major spoilers!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are no spoilers here because that is total BS. Bella tells us she entered college 18 years ago, Jill is at least 20-21, maybe even 22, years old and the age difference would not put them in school together. If she would have known Bella had a child before that died, why did she not know about the locked door or what was behind it. If she was "besties" with Bella's child she would have known it was their room.

The kiss in the library was probably an emotional reminder of James when he would come into the library and make out with her as was shown in a scene in the past of a younger Bella. I've always gotten the feeling Bella's response to the MC is both maternal and lover and that's because she is at the age of the infamous "biological" clock ticking, but is also in need of intimacy that is missing from her life.

It's more likely that Bella was pregnant and lost the baby because of something James did. That would be something you keep to yourself and not talk about. It would also be something that unravels a marriage. If Bella had a child that lived several years she'd have photos in the house, that's what people who have children do even if they have died. They don't banish them from their life or memories. Plus other people would know about her child.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
If she would have known Bella had a child before that died, why did she not know about the locked door or what was behind it. If she was "besties" with Bella's child she would have known it was their room.
Anyway, there's something scary behind the locked door.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes