ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
There is a vast difference between consuming content which the creator has put onto a pirate site and getting butt hurt over someone providing perks for the people who actually pay for content. Hell, MOST of the Patreon perks (such as the weekly updates and most of the previews) actually get released here by DPC's own moderators, one presumes at DPC's direction!!!!
Yeah and none of thing are free on DPC patreon either. He even ask money for thing he post on Twitter. :LOL:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
What the hell are you even talking about?????? Pay more, get more. That doesn't make it any less of a perk.
You were the one who was defending the idea that "people donate not because of the benefits, but to support the DPC". Now the Patreon page has become an online store and no longer a donation page?

Reactions: KАRАMBA

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Your comparison is not correct.

A car manufacturer, let's take Mercedes, also has several models in its portfolio. As a buyer of a vehicle, you can't expect to get an S Class for the price of an A Class, for example.

The same is true for DPC Patreon. If the Patreon only pays $20, he can't get the goods (pictures) of the $40 level. This is market economy.
Sorry, I couldn't answer you sooner :)

A car manufacturer deals with customers (since they sell stuff), not donors.

Is DPC dealing with buyers or donors? If he's dealing with buyers then we can talk all the shit we want about the ridiculous amount the DPC charges for a preview image.

This is what our little friend seems not to have understood yet.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
What the hell are you even talking about?????? Pay more, get more. That doesn't make it any less of a perk.
But someone who has been a $10 (for example) patron for 5 years can't access this image, but someone who subscribes for $40 today can see that picture and then immediately cancel the subscription. That's the element that's unfair regarding the patreon system and this sort of perk. This is not just on DPC, it's on every person who offers things on patreon and on patreon itself as a company. I don't believe there's a way on the site to offer perks to longstanding patrons at any level rather than just high value patrons of any length of time, perks should be linked to total amount donated over time, not just being able to afford a high amount for one month. That's what makes it fundamentally unfair to people in developing countries, who may just be able to afford to be a low level subscriber and have been for years.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Different perks for different levels, like EVERY Patreon ever. There is nothing "all of a sudden" about this. DPC, like every other developer, has always had some previews only for higher level Patrons. And DPC has always protected them more vigorously than lower tiers. I've been a $40 dollar Patron of DPC at times (not currently, thanks to late stage capitalism), and yeah, when I pay more, I expect to get more perks.

Some of y'all have a unhinged grasp of capitalism and intellectual property.
What do you mean not all of the sudden. All renders from the same series are in lower tiers and then suddenly people want this one. So its like lets screw the lower tier people and charge them $40. Come on now this is to make more money out of people. Capitalism at its finest. As for expecting more in a higher tier sure You can get "other" extra perks with your higher sub but leave the same series in same tiers heck if you really want to make another render for those higher tier people then. I will be fine with that. And yes I am also a patreon and bought the game. And this whole thing about this being a pirate site from some people. Yeah its like the pot calling the kettle black what are they doing here. Not one person here can tell me they haven't pirated a mp3 or a movie or at least something in their lives. Anyone that say that is lier.

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
Its clear DPC wants to scam yall and you argue over 40$ image lol
Cant even jack off to it, it just doesnt do it for me

• Haha
Reactions: KАRАMBA

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Whether they are customers or donors is completely irrelevant, because neither of the two is forced to spend his money. That's what it's important to understand, my even smaller friend.

Furthermore, it is Patreon, not DPC, that is incorrectly named as donors. We consume what DPC creates. Ergo, it is a product. Consequently, we are customers, not donors. You can't blame DPC for that.
Actually no you are both. You bought the game your a customer. You support him in completing the game you are a donor or investor.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Whether they are customers or donors is completely irrelevant, because neither of the two is forced to spend his money. That's what it's important to understand, my even smaller friend.

Furthermore, it is Patreon, not DPC, that is incorrectly named as donors. We consume what DPC creates. Ergo, it is a product. Consequently, we are customers, not donors. You can't blame DPC for that.
F95zone reached the apex.

We're on a pirate site and we can't criticize the absurd amount of money DPC charges for certain "benefits" without one of his ass kissers showing up to give us a lecture about how people donate money to support DPC and not to receive benefits.

This world has gone wrong... very wrong...

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

We're on a pirate site and we can't criticize the absurd amount of money DPC charges for certain "benefits" without one of his ass kissers showing up to give us a lecture about how people donate money to support DPC and not to receive benefits.

Nice try to insult me. But this has nothing to do with ass-kissing, but with common sense.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
My final word on this thing is. It is sad how money changes people. Going from a humble guy that is just happy that people support his game and asking for donations to finish it on page 1 of this forum to charging these insane amounts of money for things. Anyway it is what it is.

c0gnomen

Dec 25, 2022

We all have different opinions, but we also have something in common. Our love for Being a DIK. Isn't that what really matters? This is the bond that unites us.

Reactions: Lexkar83

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
But someone who has been a $10 (for example) patron for 5 years can't access this image, but someone who subscribes for $40 today can see that picture and then immediately cancel the subscription. That's the element that's unfair regarding the patreon system and this sort of perk. This is not just on DPC, it's on every person who offers things on patreon and on patreon itself as a company. I don't believe there's a way on the site to offer perks to longstanding patrons at any level rather than just high value patrons of any length of time, perks should be linked to total amount donated over time, not just being able to afford a high amount for one month. That's what makes it fundamentally unfair to people in developing countries, who may just be able to afford to be a low level subscriber and have been for years.
this more or less applied to me. i was a low tier supporter ($5 a month) since right after AL was put up on this site, and stayed that way for many years. until we got to a super severe dry spell here and i upped it to $40 a month in order to post the preview pictures here so we had something to talk about and think about.

there wasnt really any reason if i basically supported him from the early days and had already paid him more than enough to buy the game at full price a few times over, that i shouldnt be allowed access to the stuff at the $40 dollar tier just for being a loyal supporter for many years. it's a rigged game and the scales are heavily weighted towards greed, as opposed to rewarding loyal donors or just overall appearing more grateful that people like me existed and were giving him money in the first place

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Is there really idiots ready to pay 40$ just to see an image, this is the usual price for a good indy game and many AAA games are at that price after a while.
This Patreon system is starting to get corrupted, it should be a sponsorship only and not a market place where you buy some features or addons.
I guess that Patreon doesn't react just because they get their share from that money.
What DPC does on Patreon is not really wrong but it's quite on the edge of breaking the rules.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
What do you mean not all of the sudden. All renders from the same series are in lower tiers and then suddenly people want this one. So its like lets screw the lower tier people and charge them $40. Come on now this is to make more money out of people. Capitalism at its finest. As for expecting more in a higher tier sure You can get "other" extra perks with your higher sub but leave the same series in same tiers heck if you really want to make another render for those higher tier people then. I will be fine with that. And yes I am also a patreon and bought the game. And this whole thing about this being a pirate site from some people. Yeah its like the pot calling the kettle black what are they doing here. Not one person here can tell me they haven't pirated a mp3 or a movie or at least something in their lives. Anyone that say that is lier.

The Zoey special render pic, which is not part of the clone series, was for $40 patrons, but that's nothing new - DPC has made things like that for upper level patrons before. That's not part of the clone series. The Mel clone series picture is available to all patrons. I JUST downloaded it for a $1 patronage. So again, what is all of a sudden??? Which render are you talking about????

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
The Zoey special render pic, which is not part of the clone series, was for $40 patrons, but that's nothing new - DPC has made things like that for upper level patrons before. That's not part of the clone series. The Mel clone series picture is available to all patrons. I JUST downloaded it for a $1 patronage. So again, what is all of a sudden??? Which render are you talking about????
Who the heck said anything about the clone series. No idea where you got that from. Anyway I am done discussing this. You can have your views its all good and I will have mine.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Who the heck said anything about the clone series. No idea where you got that from. Anyway I am done discussing this. You can have your views its all good and I will have mine.
This is the first picture from the Zoey special render preview released, so how could it possibly be that "other renders from this series" were released for lower tier patrons?

Edit: I just checked, and going all the way back to Season 1, the special render previews have been released as perks for different tiers, and since season 3 it has included a few at the $30 tier, and one or more at the $40 tier. This isn't "my view," it is a simple statement of fact - this is exactly how DPC has ALWAYS handled the release of special render previews.

A whole lot of bitching about something you'll get to see when the game is release, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75 and shazba

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
God, what are you doing here without me, it was worth going to sleep for a few hours, and returned to see here is a big posting about DPC's financial behavior. :KEK:
Well, at least not another waifu war.
Well once you have one of the more successful AVN series out there... You can do as you please. Supply and demand. But, hey, be thankful DPC actually does shit. Could be far far far worse. Milfy City or Halfway house Devs? Hah. At least DPC actually does something!

We shouldn't complain though. Imagine moaning about not get a single image when we pirate a whole host of things. Madness.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes