JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
I definitely see Burke's bullshit coming to a head in the near future. Bella, of course, will not play those games. But there will certainly be the threat of her losing her job... This plays into the repeated theme of her losing her previous job. It will test the love for sure. The MC will be challenged with exposing Burke for his cheating. That may be a problem depending on whether or not Jade is with or against the MC. Maybe one version includes Jade aiding in Burke's fall.
I think there are lots of ways this can play out. If MC is on the Bella path it's going to be hard to keep it under wraps. Clueless Tybalt may talk about how MC and Bella were together a lot when sabotaging his chances with Jill. Even if they aren't in a relationship someone may have seen or heard about him staying over at her place a lot, or they have a moment in the library when MC is working there that someone misinterprets (or Burke sees when he's just dropping by) that he calls her in about. She may confess to having fooled around a little bit with a student but quashed to try and save her job. Her job is a big stick to use against her: this is a small college town without a lot of opportunities for someone with her skill set, her wonderful home that she probably would not want to have to move from if she can't get a job there (originally her parents', now hers with all the dead bodies in the locked closet she would have to dispose of quickly), damage to her reputation from her prior job loss at the only other library in town, etc.

I don't think Jade is going to be a lot of help. If MC is still banging her on the regular she's not going to risk exposing herself as the same kind of cheater her husband is, which she alluded to earlier as the woman always getting more of the blame when it comes to infidelity. If MC called it off she's now consumed with blind hatred and isn't going to give MC the time of day much less help him upset her little kingdom of spite she's built up.

Reactions: TREXrg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There still are...what...7 episodes left and you have to fill them somehow...
James' fate has been an open question practically since the second chapter.
and Bella asked Mc to stop hanging out with other girls if he wants to get serious with her.
the fact that we know practically nothing about James is out of the logic of this world :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

on only one occasion MC asks Bella directly about her husband (on the night of her visit to his room in the setitmo chapter) and she gives him an answer that I still don't understand what the meaning of it was (I don't remember the exact words but she basically answers him that "now it's different")

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
James' fate has been an open question practically since the second chapter.
and Bella asked Mc to stop hanging out with other girls if he wants to get serious with her.
the fact that we know practically nothing about James is out of the logic of this world :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

on only one occasion MC asks Bella directly about her husband (on the night of her visit to his room in the setitmo chapter) and she gives him an answer that I still don't understand what the meaning of it was (I don't remember the exact words but she basically answers him that "now it's different")
Bella only has been comfortable enough to commit to the relationship with the MC for a few in-game days. I mean...we'll see, maybe there will be revealed more in Ep. 10, but it feels like DPC is kinda running out of interesting stuff as far as the relationships are concerned. For most games the interesting part is "getting into a relationship" and not "being in a relationship". The last part is often just implied and the game is over.

I wrote that before but right now the relationships the MC can have are in very different places and I have no idea how DPC will be able to keep everything together.

The J&M relationship still has good potential for drama, with a potential split up of J&M being hinted at. The Bella relationship of course has the "James stuff" and the ever present sword of Damocles of being a forbidden relationship above it.

The Jill relationship probably will generate drama from her parents not liking the MC or something.

And the Sage relationship is - at least as of now - kinda...done.

So he has to keep some potential for drama somehow and for Bella it will likely be the two points mentioned I would guess. Solving one of them immediately with so many episodes still to go...we will see...or maybe James will return at some point...if his corps isn't rotting in the locked room to begin with...

Reactions: Bubba McSmith
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes