felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While taking lessons 5 days a week there's not much too room to advance stories.

You mentioned in another post Maya meeting the Royce lawyer. Unless the lawyer is willing to make a special exception for Maya it's likely that would have to wait until the next break in term, they're unlikely to set up a meeting after their normal working hours or at the weekend to accommodate Maya.

Bella will be too busy during the week as a teacher (as well as Fuckface being busy with lessons himself), the only room to advance her plot is the weekend, and it's entirely possible to have 6 days (three weekends) of plot building in an episode and still reach Thanksgiving in a single episode.

I really don't see the point of day to day counting at this stage as Monday-Friday would simply be lessons, study, sleep which if shown 5 times in a row would be seriously boring. There will only be 6 days of other content before Thanksgiving.
I am not talking about a time jump of a couple of days, but of whole weeks

And we're not just talking about some random lawyer, but Jill's family lawyer. Maya's problem is urgent enough

On Bella I might even agree with you, since they have not been able to deal with the subject even living every single day, skipping a couple of months would not make the story much more unrealistic than it already is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Speaking of Bella... After the midterms tests, did you not have any more classes at B&R? I was quite confused that I didn't get any flashbacks to the MC at school. (in Ep.9)
I think Halloween came at the end of a half-term break after the midterms, it's quite possible that all the flashbacks were from the week prior to the party. It would make sense that the teachers need time off lessons in order to be able to focus on marking the midterms rather than also having to deal with student's homework and lesson planning at the same time as marking the midterms.
I am not talking about a time jump of a couple of days, but of whole weeks

And we're not just talking about some random lawyer, but Jill's family lawyer. Maya's problem is urgent enough

On Bella I might even agree with you, since they have not been able to deal with the subject even living every single day, skipping a couple of months would not make the story much more unrealistic than it already is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Jill's family lawyer yes. That means it's likely to be Jill's parents who pay them not Jill herself, Jill's friend having a problem with her tuition would not be seen as an urgent situation unless they knew what we know about Maya's tuition problem, as far as we know they don't, so Maya wouldn't be seen as a priority by them. I know as players we want to see movement on that plot, but realistically having it not move until the next break of term would be the likely real life outcome.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
With a 3 week timeskip it's pretty likely we'll have Jill and Bella's reconciliation in Ep.10. At least for those who only pursued Bella romantically. Because I refuse to believe that Jill will still be mad at Bella in this scenario (where the MC doesn't mean shit to Jill). If you're still upset... Grow up, Jill!

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I think Halloween came at the end of a half-term break after the midterms, it's quite possible that all the flashbacks were from the week prior to the party. It would make sense that the teachers need time off lessons in order to be able to focus on marking the midterms rather than also having to deal with student's homework and lesson planning at the same time as marking the midterms.

Jill's family lawyer yes. That means it's likely to be Jill's parents who pay them not Jill herself, Jill's friend having a problem with her tuition would not be seen as an urgent situation unless they knew what we know about Maya's tuition problem, as far as we know they don't, so Maya wouldn't be seen as a priority by them. I know as players we want to see movement on that plot, but realistically having it not move until the next break of term would be the likely real life outcome.
What if Jills father ends up being the real bad guy here, just thought of that assuming he's not dead

• Thinking Face
Reactions: StultusAnglicus

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Chapter 9 was the big capstone event for the story so far and the resolution to the DIKs mansion getting trashed. Halloween is also one of the biggest party holidays in the US, and very likely the biggest one celebrated by college students. So it kind of makes sense for almost an entire chapter to be dedicated to the party alone.

I think that chapter 10 will primarily be story focused, with the Thanksgiving party being the finish to the chapter, with maybe Fuckface and his LI having a short scene with his father after the party. Thanksgiving, while being an important holiday in the US, isn't really a big "party" holiday, unlike Halloween. Stands to reason that it might not have as involved a free roam event this time around. I honestly think we'll likely see a scene / short free roam each week between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

The biggest storyline scenes I'm expecting to happen in the three weeks are Jill / Bella talking, especially if on Bella's route and another step in the Josy / Maya storyline. Smaller story beats that I'm expecting is Riona / Quinn / Lilly having some form of confrontation, and Sage's first kinky whatever with fuckface. I think we can hold off one more chapter on the Jade storyline for Sage.

Reactions: Emea7

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I personally believe the Royce lawyer will turn out to be called Priscilla. I actually had to change a few mentions in my recent posts from she/her to they/them :LOL:
Could very well be, I've said before I think Priscilla is Quinn proper name or middle name but I might be on a very weak branch

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Most likely, Episode 11 will end with Christmas and Episode 12 will start with New Year.
There have been other timeskips through the series. Episode 6 skipped a day at the end. Episode 7 skips more than a week before the HOTs party. Episode 8 skipped several days before Jill's piano thing and a week after you chose your main LI.
Episode 10 will most likely be skipping days between events and be similar to Episode 7 and 8.
I'm thinking by Ep10 DPC will start focusing on single LI's, which I'm hoping will take us to Xmas.
cause I suspect that Thanksgiving will be only a party minigame with maybe a little drama from side girls and aftershocks of having shown the fucking Jade video(that should make a Burke Xmas Dinner quite interesting).

Time skips at this point are inevitable to become more and more frequent until the final moments where everything is 'exposed' plot-wise. And by the time we enter into the downslope of DPC's stoy will become "how to resolve all the shitstorms" the MC will have started until the end of the educational year.

Here's to hoping.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

If you need to talk to a lawyer, you don't wait weeks to do so (weeks when Patrick would only have to cross paths with Josy in the BR for everything to fall apart). , in the real world. Then if I have to accept it for the plot, fine. But let's not talk about realism

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
has never been highlight-able for me. I'm thinking you've got a bug?
:unsure:

Edit:
I'm currently running through the game again so I'll pay more attention to it when it comes up again.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's hard to see the difference since the prop is so small, but if you go back and forth between these two pics, you'll see the highlight. Just like magazines and such.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
I heard it was recommended to play an older version of the game the first time because he was forced to remove some music in later updates, what is your opinion on that?
I think all first-time players should install the mod that replaces the soundtrack with Baby Shark on loop. It's the only way to experience DPC's true vision of the college experience. Drugs sold separately.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Good analysis, incredible work that probably took several hours.

To reassure you a little, the DPC is not as old as George RR Martin. BaDIK is inspired by high school/college comedies from the 00s, so he's most likely an early millennial born in the mid-80s. I don't think his life cycle is close to the end.
thx ;)

George Martin was just an example. And age is not the single factor, unfortunately. There are so much ways to die, get in some accident, become a disabled person, and whatever else. While he is doing his job great being alone, it's also the biggest cons in this case. A couple of people/team may continue work if somebody gets off, while single person - not.

I will also add a few, the number of previews doesn't determine the development time, if it increases, he just uploads more previews. Episode 8 has 16 previews and was developed in 7 month.
Good to know. EP9 was bigger (at least by renders quantity) than EP8 as well as took 2 extra months to release. It's hard to say what factor played out - size or dev time or both. Also one guy give me another clue, that DPC said at some moment that he doesn't want to spoil main intrigue and part of EP9 - characters costumes, while other content was mostly limited to flashbacks as we know. So, if not that costumes factor, maybe he had to be able to release 25, for example.

DPC said that the episode is likely to be a record-breaking number of renders, and they still need to be prepared for posing. Considering that the game is ready for 70% of the content and now we have 3900 renders and 213 animations, the final number will be about 5500 renders and 300 animations.
I agree with your estimations. 5.5k would be a reasonable number. But, tbh, he need to make just +1 render more than EP9 had and he is would be eligible to say the same :KEK:

The good news is that DPC will prepare the animations for rendering and PCs will do their work while it rests. Animations is the hardest job, and their rendering delayed Ep.9 almost for month. With RTX4090 it will not happen.
But he also needs to prepare another ~1600 renders, given the current average speed of 160 per week, that's 10 weeks of work + 2 weeks for vacation. We get 12 weeks - almost 3 months + a week for a beta test.
Even if DPC speeds up a little, the most optimistic scenario is the end of August(8,5 months), but the most realistic now looks like early-mid September (9 months). Episode 9 dev cycle was 9.5 months.
Yeah, it's great that this time will not be wasted. And knowing him, I bet that he will work periodically for little things like dialogues or some episode scheduling tasks, when he will have "free" time on his vacation, lol. Previously, he continued to work even when he was sick.

fingers crossed for August :giggle:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's hard to see the difference since the prop is so small, but if you go back and forth between these two pics, you'll see the highlight. Just like magazines and such.
I just checked and in my game I can't notice anything when I hover the mouse cursor over it. That being said, it is at the very least curious that the lollipop only appears during the third phase of the free roam event.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
after the long wait, personally unrewarded, for the ninth chapter this in my opinion is almost a zero point. a lot has changed so everything is really possible.

DPC, on the subject of timing, always gives foggy and often political answers: on the one hand it says that it does not want to rush the timing so as not to damage the quality of the product (which is the phrase that any craftsman would tell you, even the painter who comes to paint your house, but that in practical terms means nothing), on the other hand it continues to proclaim himself enthusiastic about the speed of his new machines.
Craftsman/painter, if he really good and skilled will warn you and give you an estimate. Like, you may ask to speed up the process, but the cons could be a lower quality. Like, something won't dry out there and there will be stains, something will come off here, because we started painting until the glue caught, etc. Comparing it to the game it would be a bunch of bugs in their worst form, like when you can't progress, game crashes, whatever else. He will have to fix it and spend some time, and you - as player have to wait for each fix too.

The only alternative to quality degradation due to increased development speed and the complete opposite at the same time is to limit & reduce the size of each new episode. But is it worth it? Yes, we get a piece of new content faster, but given the current branching of the game, it will be a 2-hour run for each individual branch, although for the 9th episode it was 4-5h. Also a dubious way, you will have to increase the number of episodes and seasons. And despite the faster release of each episode, some time is spent on the release side tasks anyway, let it be 2 weeks on average (testing, compilation, uploading, etc.). Anyway it's a useless speculations, because DPC already rejected following such way as well.

Then if in mid-August DPC decides to spend 2-3 weeks making a fantastic animation of a leaky faucet, in those 2-3 weeks he would earn the same money he is earning now, so this too is possible, unfortunately.
I suppose he don't think about such tricks to get money exactly. He got very well income already and we are in several years from final episode. Also I don't expect that he want to literally "die" or "burn out" while he making the game. Because following this logic may take him to the point when he just don't want to do anything more. So, I would trust him in a way which he described it, that sometimes he become "too creative" and want to unexpectedly implement something at the last moment of time.

sampow

May 14, 2023
For people asking for the game to be turned out faster, is there a single game on this site that has a great turn around between episodes and is actually a decent game? All the good games take months and months, and they’re not even that good really. And the games that I see showing up on the updates page regularly have appalling ratings. BaDIK takes longer than most games here, but it’s also better than most games here.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes