Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
Need help guys

I play BAD on my laptop. I recently updated it to windows 11. Before that I used to play on windows 10 but since updating, I am facing lags in renders and animations, whenever dialogue changes or scene transitions. Also game takes little more time to launch. This all is happening when laptop is running on battery.

Even when I open settings of the game, or the save screen, it takes time and it transitions slow and laggy.

While charging and playing, its working fine. Any solutions you guys have for this?

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I take it on the Discord was also a lot of whining about this, so at some point DPC just deleted all the projected Sage previews and substituted them with others, to troll the Sage Marks even more? :KEK:

Need help guys

I play BAD on my laptop. I recently updated it to windows 11. Before that I used to play on windows 10 but since updating, I am facing lags in renders and animations, whenever dialogue changes or scene transitions. Also game takes little more time to launch. This all is happening when laptop is running on battery.

Even when I open settings of the game, or the save screen, it takes time and it transitions slow and laggy.

While charging and playing, its working fine. Any solutions you guys have for this?
Are you sure, your laptop isn't switching to battery saving mode when you pull the power plug?

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
So.
He was hiding Maya in previews in episode 7, hiding Bella in episode 8, and hiding Quinn in episode 9. Now it was Sage's turn to hide.
Following his logic, he'll be hiding Josy in the preview for episode 11.
Accordingly probably some shit will happen to them in episode 10, everyone will be waiting and DPC will be hiding Josy until the very end. And in the previews for episode 12, he'll just post anyone but the main LIs.
Just remember this post. That's the way it's going to be.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
What a troll he is. It would be funny if there was no preview of Sage at all. I can't believe he doesn't have any Sage content at all. He probably has renders like this one where Sage is sitting in the library or has come to our room.
Ofc, this is just raising hype to the Sage route.
We saw a render with her during the strip beer-pong mini-game preview and lingerie poll two weeks ago.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Its always set on best performance
It should tell you on the battery status if it is or isn't in power saving mode. Another thing is that some laptops can switch the GPU if they aren't set correctly. So if you have a dedicated GPU but also a CPU with an integrated graphical unit it sometimes switches from the dedicated GPU to the CPU intern graphical unit to save power as well.

Ofc, this is just raising hype to the Sage route.
We saw a render with her during the strip beer-pong mini-game preview and lingerie poll two weeks ago.
People are just completely over analyzing everything he puts out. Most of these previews tell you pretty much nothing by design and even if they would: Why would I want to spoil myself the game instead of just playing the new episode when it comes out?

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
It should tell you on the battery status if it is or isn't in power saving mode. Another thing is that some laptops can switch the GPU if they aren't set correctly. So if you have a dedicated GPU but also a CPU with an integrated graphical unit it sometimes switches from the dedicated GPU to the CPU intern graphical unit to save power as well.
The power mode is always set on best performance. And in Advanced power settings, its set on balanced and I have no option to change it.
Screenshot 2023-07-08 144731.png

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Need help guys

You answered your own question. You are getting lags while running game on battery. Change the perfromance/energy-save plan to "balanced" or "perfomance" at least. On battery mode, it usually set to "energy save" by default. You have no lags while charging, because your laptop switches to "performance" plan at this moment.

You can also try to change and switch RenPy rendering engine. Press SHIFT + "G", pick "force ANGLE2 rendering" at the top-left. By default it's in AUTO and RenPy for some reason uses GL2 engine, which is usually very laggy and produces a freezes even on desktop PCs with decent discrete GPUs.

badik_system_settings.jpg

Try to set options as on screenshot, don't forget to "apply", restart the game.

Its always set on best performance
Then it means that you probably have a discrete GPU in your laptop as well, but on battery game uses your integrated GPU. It maybe laggish. Change settings in power plan and your discrete GPU when it allowed to be used, pick to use discrete even on battery. Both AMD and NVIDIA control panels also allows you to pick particular applications (select *.exe file) to set whether which GPU to use.

Finally - taskbar, near the clock&date, there is a "battery" icon. Click on it, the slider with "performance-energy save" should appear, drag to perfomance or best perfomance. On battery it usually in "balanced" or "energy save" state. Laptop will not allow you to set anything in control panel settings - there're always be the "balanced" plan. Click on icon instead and change the perfomance level.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I want to see a sequel set about ten years in the future
And we get to see how the mc's life has turned out with his chosen love interest

I imagine the mc kissing both Maya & Josy and then heading off to work
And then the camera pans out to show that they live in a nice house with a white picket fence
they live happily ever after the end

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes