dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I've never understood it and I don't think I will.

Example 1 - your wife is cheating on you and openly declares it, but you haven't seen it in person. So everything is OK? We saw such a scene in Acting Lessons, for example.

Example 2 - your girlfriend/fuck buddy bangs with someone else besides you (because you have no obligations to each other) and openly declares it, but you haven't seen it in person. Is it ok or not ok? This is what MC and some other girls have been doing for the first 2 seasons.

Example 3 - a girl with whom you are not in a relationship, but would like to fuck with someone, and maybe you even saw it in person. But you hooked up with her and now she's your fuck buddy/girlfriend/wife. Is it ok or not ok? We have seen this countless times, including in the BADIK.

So what's the difference? To know that a fictitious character that you are interested and/or invested in emotionally fucks with someone else, but not to see it, or to know it and see it? For real? It's like someone is ok with everything girl is doing, until he see it personally, lol. It's like pretending that every girl is a virgin and don't fuck with everybody and you are always her first.

Let's think about examples, and then think about the reasons why we don't see "scenes" with someone else fucking MG/SG or side girls.

We have some blatant and explicit prostitutes in game, in the person of Riona, Camila, Sarah, Melanie and Quinn, at least. We clearly know that they are fucking with a lot of other people. But it doesn't stop people dreaming of them, "wife material", etc or just to be their fan.

Regarding scenes, for the sake of what DPC should waste his time, the game scenes and renders space, etc? Just to show us some scenes with MG/SG/side girls fucking with somebody else? In the past? Or currently? The cucks will be grateful, the rest of players are at least annoyed by the fact of wasting time and resources on completely useless scenes. Fans and white knights who can't imagine and handle having their imaginary girlfriend fucked (or oh my god!) fucking someone else will be furious. In short, the creation of such scenes will be approved only by the cucks, i.e. a clear minority. For the rest of healthy people, hints in scenes or words in dialogues are enough to understand what is happening. While white knights and just sissies can go and suck a dick, because DPC doesn't follow all of this "unspoken" rules. He keeps a good balance so as not to attract cucks, but also not to reject normal players. And I hope we, as MC, will be able to "help" some of MGs/SGs which we had rejected before to find a soul mate at the end. DPC made it in Acting Lessons before, so, why he wouldn't do it again in BADIK?

View attachment 2897475
View attachment 2897477
View attachment 2897479
ahh, sorry, Joshy92 :HideThePain:
View attachment 2897480
View attachment 2897482
ahh, sorry Joshy92, again :KEK:
View attachment 2897484
How right you are Kpyna.

I'll give you a Rooster hint as to why the MC shouldn't fall in love with Lily and who the two pairs of legs in Tommy's room from EP7 belong to.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Reggie32 and xtrema

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
How right you are Kpyna.

I'll give you a Rooster hint as to why the MC shouldn't fall in love with Lily and who the two pairs of legs in Tommy's room from EP7 belong to.
We know Lily's list of things to do was much tamer than Maya's. It involved things like buying alcohol and stuff like that.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
How right you are Kpyna.

I would read that as her telling him she is too busy - remember, only Maya and Josy had all the sexual stuff on their list. Basically, she more or less told him she was washing her hair.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yea, I kind of hate to admit at this point since ep 9 left me feeling sour but this is definitely the best overall VN. There are probably only a handful of others that can compete. I say "compete" because those other VNs usually have at least one thing they do better:
  • character writing
  • interesting settings
  • more comprehensive world building
  • shorter dev cycles
  • better renders
  • scene building
  • more impactful choices
  • more organized dev team
  • less soap opera drama and more actual intrigue
  • etc, etc.
but they end up lacking several things that BADIK has/DPC does.

Just as one example: You can say, "X has better writing than BADIK" but BADIK also has a better soundtrack, a fun college setting that executes the American Pie/Rockstar's Bully-theme perfectly, a fuck ton of interesting gameplay features, been around for longer and already has hours of content, etc. That's just something I've seen all across the board when compared to this VN. It's like sending someone in with a sword to fight 100 unarmed people. Yea, you've got a sword but you're not going to win here.

I've mulled it over and I still feel kind of conflicted. There are times when I can appreciate the amount of detail and care DPC puts into this game and at other times dislike it because it starts to feel more "pedantic" than "perfectionist". It's hard for me to believe this VN not getting more popular as time goes on and at the same time, it feels like I'm never going to think it's as good as it was before ep 8. (Not really a problem with the crossroads, ep 8 just felt flat for me overall). I will never donate again or sit on my hands waiting around but I'm definitely going to play an update if I see it. BADIK is what got me heavily interested in VNs and my disappointment with ep 8 and 9 is probably what killed my enthusiasm for the most part in an indirect manner. I feel like the writing was a little "phoned in" for ep 8 and it feels like it increased in ep 9 but at the same time, I still recall a lot of my favorite scenes from previous episodes. I can't even say I have favorite scenes at all for most other VNs.

BIGGER, LONGER (dev cycles that is), BETTER with not much substance and relationships on repeat to create more melodrama. I still don't like ep 9 (haven't even done the Bella playthrough yet to this day) and I still think 1 update/year is just a waste of time but BADIK is a titan at this point. There are some games I personally like better but DPC ultimately blows them out of the water in terms of production level and having a setting that attracts a bigger demographic. He's also built up enough trust that assures people this game will be finished. Even if it takes 10 years...

I've made my peace with this. I would absolutely love it if ep 10 proved me wrong about my assumptions and all the miscellaneous, little details he's been working on end up making it all work together into something immersive and expansive. I'm just not holding my breath. It's more like I've just shifted to indifference and accepted that this is just the trajectory from now on. Still, it's not like I'll be paying for it so it's whatever.

In conclusion, it's definitely got its problems but so do many other VNs. For as long as I'm still interested in this medium of entertainment I'll still be playing BADIK. You can't be playing VNs and not still have at least a modicum of interest left for this one.

Anyway if you made it this far, thank you for your time. I will now proceed to go back to lurking and/or putting this one in the back of my mind until an update comes out.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I have been watching this thread for updates to the actual game. In my naivete, I can see now that this was a mistake. I can now die.

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Looks like DPC's favorite LI is Isabella.. ha ha mine too!
Was the Nurse not his favorite too on his previous Novel?
This gives me chills, only to remember what the nurse did.

think anything similiar might happen at some point?

Not to mention it kinda feels like building up already with vinny around now in ep9.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
How right you are Kpyna.

If I remember right, Tommy admitted that he had a threesome with Tanya (Pink Rose) & Heather, if MC tells Heather about Tommy's +3 at the HOT's party. Post at the Rooster takes much earlier than a 3-some with Tanya, during the end of the HOT's Scavenger hunt in EP6. Lily's post and reply in Rooster is about her Scavenger hunt task to post the boobs pic publicly, since Ashley, most probably, was not ready to do such task.

And why you call invitation to 3-some a "date"?

Extra pair of legs in Tommy's room belongs to Tanya, because she have a more tanned skin than Lily.

We as a players seen Tommy attitude to Lily when she showed for a first time (EP3). He doesn't have any feelings for her, he just like to fuck with her from time to time, as well as lot of other DIKs do the same, probably.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes