Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
No benefit. They are really optimized for A.I., physics research, and data analysis. For the kind of game engine rendering DPC needs to do, the 6000's are less productive per dollar. The only "benefit" would be extra GPU RAM, which would allow larger, more complicated scenes, which would be a problem for the people constantly bitching about the size of the game, but I'd be surprised if even DPC was tempted by that. For what he is doing, the RTX4090 can't be beat.
I know. Ofc, 48 GB of memory is tempting for large complex scenes. Especially after Nvidia abandoned Nvlink and two RTX4090 together are useless.
I suppose DPC and a lot of other DAZ artists are using this:

It relieves a VMEM usage and requirements a lot. And I suppose it was the only chance for DPC to create EP9 Halloween scenes with 30+ characters in scene.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Is it possible to pursue a relationship with Bella Jill and Sage at the same time without any issues?:unsure:
I am solely interested in them.:)
you can play around with a combination of girls when with Sage. But trying to be a fool with Bella and Jill will likely just cause you to be buried alive. Regardless by the end of episode 8 you have to come to a decision on who to properly pursue (This is not a harem game, after all.. There are/will be consequences.) Episode 9 introduce a cheating point mechanic. So if you want to stay on your chosen path come the end of the game best to keep those as low as possible, I feel.

Reactions: Badrok

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

It relieves a VMEM usage and requirements a lot. And I suppose it was the only chance for DPC to create EP9 Halloween scenes with 30+ characters in scene.
Or just use Blender. Render Layers is a wonderful thing. If Daz could do something similar they would really make life easier if you solely just use Daz.

Xisorr

Apr 29, 2023
Morning all, ive gone through the last ten pages or so and cant see Fridays update. can anyone advise which page its on please?

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
Morning all, ive gone through the last ten pages or so and cant see Fridays update. can anyone advise which page its on please?
Shoulda just asked immediately.
Im sure nice people here will help you, they usually like to help, they really nice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Better to buy a deck of Ada Wong cards.
The special ones.Under the name Waifu Card.That are around Ebay.
For inspiration.
Why, if the market can offer a better option? There is one caveat, this only works well with male models, so it is suitable for creating a Chad / Troy scene. uvT_LNTLFa-HxGUzB0qyKg (1).jpeg

As a man who uses this script: it's a life saver. But it reduces the visual quality.
And the DPC created Ep.9 when he used 2xRTX 3090 in each build, which gave him 48GB of memory. I think that he had enough without this script.

Reactions: Kpyna and KaiserST

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
View attachment 2897408
DPС started playing Starfield. Good thing the game turned out to be a typical Bethesda game, and as usual everyone will abandon it after 10-20 hours. Well the optimization sucks of course.
At least he has some 4090s that might actually be able to run it. The performance of it seems to be a complete joke for a game without RTX.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
All this talk of GPUs made me curious about something, do we know how many PCs DPC has right now?

According to some of the recent status reports he appears to have upgraded at least 2 rigs, but is that the total amount or are there more?
iirc it is around the 8 mark. All with 4090s. Yup. Living his best life right about now. All that BaD steam money!

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
As a man who uses this script: it's a life saver. But it reduces the visual quality.
And the DPC created Ep.9 when he used 2xRTX 3090 in each build, which gave him 48GB of memory. I think that he had enough without this script.
Looking at the settings and their quantity this plugin/addon offer, I suppose you can tune it in the way, that you will not notice any degradation of image quality, since optimization could only touch things, that are not noticeable because of distance or their size, but still need to be calculated by rendering engine. For example objects on the backround or just small things, which takes a couple of pixels size in a final render. W/o optimizations rendering engine will spend a lot of time to calculate lighting/shadowing etc that will never be visible at least in image resolutions we have in BADIK. And even if it's not saving a lot of VMEM, such plugins reduce rendering time by several times. I think it's the only real and working option for animation sequences rendering tasks.

To render 1s animation (30 renders/frames total) if an average rendering speed is 30 minutes per frame you will need 15 hours to complete it. And only 5 hours if there are 10 minutes per frame average.

Depending on options such plugins/addons may reduce rendering time or VMEM usage or both, depending on settings, tuning and goals you targeting.

I mentioned it before, but DPC using webm video format for his animations, and it's not the best codec and format as well. I mean, it's useless to spend a lot of time to render a lot of frames with higher quality only to compress them later to levels, when artifacts of compression takes place. Look at animations which have dark areas or made in environments with dim lights. You will notice a lot of details loss and "J-P-E-G" things.

Finally it's a RenPy limitations too. Shame, but there are no HEVC H.265 or H.264 formats support or other similar ones.
Ren'Py is capable of using FFmpeg (included) to play movies using the video codecs:
  • VP9
  • VP8
  • Theora
  • MPEG-4 part 2 (including Xvid and DivX)
  • MPEG-2
  • MPEG-1
and the following audio codecs:
  • Opus
  • Vorbis
  • MP3
  • MP2
  • PCM
inside the following container formats:
  • WebM
  • Matroska
  • Ogg
  • AVI
  • Various kinds of MPEG streams.
DPC uses VP8 codec and webm format/container, while, I suppose VP9 would produce better quality, since it simply newer. No AV1 and more modern codecs is supported though.

badik webm vp8.jpg

VP8 uses a fixed block size of 16×16 pixels, whereas VP9 supports block sizes ranging from 4×4 to 64×64 pixels. This flexibility allows VP9 to adapt better to different types of video content, resulting in more efficient compression and improved visual quality.

it's a pity that so much of the work done is packed into a crappy old format like VP8 :(
I hope he have all the original frames/scenes, etc on hands, so it's easy to release a "remaster" version later when the game development will be finished.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Lily kicks arse
DPC has made some side characters that are better than main girls imo

Riona is better than Bella
Lily is better than Jill

I know Lily said not to fall in love
But I'm totally going to do a playthrough where hopefully my mc does
Hopefully he can get her to agree to a relationship

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: ottercon and Kpyna

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
how much money do you think he made from bad?
well iirc he made a couple of mill from steam, alone, with season 1 and 2. How ever since he has had 10-18k patreon subs for the last few years... I would wager he has more than a mill to his name currently. I do not envy his electricity bill though. Must be through the roof.

• Wow
Reactions: bellaisdabest
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes