Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Excellent post, love those kind of discussion, makes the wait time a bit more tolerable.

Let's hope the PC upgrades really speed things up, otherwise we might be waiting a lot of time for the animations to finish render. At least DPC can do other things and test the game while those happen, which probably reduces the Beta time.

Damm, even with all those PCs with super powerful hardware it takes that long?

Its a Daz limitation or somthing like that?

Also, do you have a source for that info?
It's in a few of his weekly updates. I think he also talks about it in his yearly interview type updates. All accessible on the BaD reddit. He used to have 3090s before updating then all to 4090s. So odds are he might go all 5090s at some point too. As for render times they are blindingly quick, mere seconds in some instances for a still render. So rendering times is not so much the issue. It is him piling on more animations. and static, renders. Say episode 10 has 5,200, roughly, static renders. He also has the animations which account for 25k+ total images rendered. A lot of the time is probably doing all the fiddling to get everything in position before hitting render. So what would take DPC 6 months of work might take another dev a year, or a year and a half.

Also have to keep in mind that DPC absolutely cakes on the coding. So his 10 months, or so,Dev cycle isn't actually that long, at all.

Reactions: KaiserST

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Thought I'd make a dedicated post delving into Episode 10 animation remaining development.
So what do we know already?
  • 265 Animations were reported on the 26/08/23 -> 253 Days in development
  • Episode 9 average animation length:00:05
  • During his vacation he developed 4353 animation frames
  • DPC estimates between 75 - 100 animations remain. We will use 85
Using these four data points we can analyze and make some educated guesses on the development time of episode 10s animations.
Important note:
  • These calculations are heavily dependent on the average animation length being similar to episode 9.
  • Animation durations are evenly distributed by DPC throughout
Calculating the duration of the remaining 85 animations
85*00:05 -> 07:09 minutes worth of animations to be developed
Method 1: Using entire episode 10 development time
Our first step is to identify the duration of the animations already developed for episode 10.
Using the reported 265 animation and episode 9 average duration of 00:05 we simply estimate:
265*00:05 -> ≈ 22:19 minutes worth of animations have been developed
Now to figure out our current rate of animation seconds per day.
22:19/253 -> 00:05 seconds per day
All that's left to do is to calculate the how many days it will take to finish the remaing 85 animations.
07:09/00:05 -> 81.15
Using the current average rate of animation seconds per day it will take an additional 81.15 days to finish episode 10.
Why this method isn't valid:
  • Animations do not currently possess 100% resource allocation
Method 2: Using 2 week vacation time
During the development of episode 10 DPC took a two week vacation, during which he allocated all resources to animations. Thus, eliminating one of the drawbacks of the previous calculation "Animations do not currently possess 100% resource allocation".

Our first step in this calucation is to identify how many seconds of animations were developed during this two week period.
Frames developed -> 4,353; Days -> 14
4353/14 -> 311 Frames per day
Next is to calculate the seconds developed per day.
311/30fps -> 00:10 seconds per day.
All that's left to do is to calculate the how many days it will take to finish the remaing 85 animations.
07:09/00:10 -> 41.01
Using this method it will take an additional 41 days to finish episode 10.
Why this method isn't valid:
  • Rigs have been upgraded since his vacation
  • 00:10 seconds per day will not be achieved until static renders are finished

Calculating remaining development time including static renders
Assuming that the rate of animation development will remain stagnant until all static renders are completed we can attempt to calculate an accurate development time combining the two methods. On the 01/09/2023 status update we learnt that DPC has created 293 static renders within a week. With the remaining 307 static renders remaining potentially only taking another week to complete we can assume that there is two weeks using method 1 and the remaining will be using method 2.

[26/08/2023 - 09/09/2023]
Two weeks development using method one will result in 01:14 minutes of animations being developed alongside static renders.
Leaving us with 05:55 minutes of animations to be developed.​
[10/09/2023 - ???]
Assuming that after two weeks of shared resources, animations will now receive full focus bringing the development speed more inline with method 2.
To develop the remaing 05:55 using the rate of method 2 DPC would need 34 more days.
This results with the animations for episode 10 finishing on the 14th of October.

Conclusion
There are a few factors that will impact the final time such as:
  • Rigs have been upgraded since his vacation
  • Longer duration animations already being completed. (< 00:05 average for remaining 85 animations)
  • Static renders taking longer than two weeks to complete.
But my estimate for when the animations for episode 10 will finish is close to the 14th of October.
To conclude this post is just quick guessing work to figure out when the animations will finish being developed.
You made such good analysis, but regarding animations you loose an important facts, imo. As well as averaging the animations length is an absolutely wrong approach to calculate anything. DPC himself said, that only 3 lewd scenes are left. Take a look on EP6-9 lewd scenes, how much and long animations are used there. Then, compare to EP9, where a lot of sfw animations were added and used. DPC did 265 animations already, and only 3 lewd scenes are left to done. So now I'd like to explain why 5s average is a bad calc.

I just opened EP9 movies dir, sorted them by lenght and I see a bunch of 2, 3, 4 and 5-6s animations pieces domination for lewd scenes (mostly 2-4, while 5-8+ are rare and mostly are single exceptions). There are a lot of long animations for Sage sex scenes in EP9, while most of them for... flashback (some of 8-21s). And the longest 41s anal tease Sage animation.
The 3 longest animations are not lewd ones. It's a Bella house flashback opening scene - 1m04s, it's a Halloween party opening scene 1m05s, and the party 3rd phase longest animation 1m23s. I bet that DPC already done with such complex and similar ones.

Sage lewd scenes lenght for EP9 took an absolute record with... 302s total (5 mins!), 234s for Josy & Maya (3.9mins) - 2nd place, 135s for Bella and 124s (2m06s) for Jill. The rest is for others branch (Quinn, Lily & Nicole, Sarah & Mel, Jade, CUM-petition) and the rest is sfw animations.

From EP6 lewd scenes numbers comes close to 20 every time, so 3 scenes is about 15% of them (rough estimate). So, this remaining 70-100 animations just technically can't all belong to a lewd ones. Probably half of them, at best. It also depends on scene compexity, since we had a pretty short ones, as well as very long (like EP9 ending ones). Even Josy blowjob in EP9 during drinking game is considered as a lewd scene... while there are a few renders and a short single animation only! The kiss with Jill in EP4. And... don't forget EP6, where we had DnG game and a LOT of short lewd scenes inside. Since most of us expect DnG in EP10, I will not be surprised if lewd scenes remained are DnG short scenes.

I bet that there are 1,5-2m max of animations left, at best, probably less. And since DPC moved to 4090s and got about 2x speed boost in rendering speed even 2 mins of animations won't take so long to render as it was before.

Here is a list of all EP9 animations sorted by lenght:
EP9_animations.png

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I have tbh I find those girls not very enticing lol
Still atleast you didn't say Bella
Jill did get some points from me tho for wearing stocking I find that stuff extremy hot
Nicole.. Well.. She can, effectively, give head whilst doing a psuedo handstand. Hands down top girl for me. Madame? Milf alert with a big ass, big tits and the intensity about her. Yup yup yup. Already makes her better than most of the women in the game. Jill? I like her sheltered naivety and coming out of her shell. Seeing how she slowly opens up, for me, is one of the betteer story lines. If I were 18-21 I might have said the throuple or Sage story are best. But all they give off to me, right now, are big ol' drama red flags. So nope nope nope. Off they go. I much prefer older women, especially with experience. So in that regard that only really leaves Madame and Nicole for sexual stuff. Well, There is what's her face Mrs. Burke... But she just seems too angry. Hate fucking is one thing but I feel she might devour you like a black widow.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Nicole.. Well.. She can, effectively, give head whilst doing a psuedo handstand. Hands down top girl for me. Madame? Milf alert with a big ass, big tits and the intensity about her. Yup yup yup. Already makes her better than most of the women in the game. Jill? I like her sheltered naivety and coming out of her shell. Seeing how she slowly opens up, for me, is one of the betteer story lines. If I were 18-21 I might have said the throuple or Sage story are best. But all they give off to me, right now, are big ol' drama red flags. So nope nope nope. Off they go. I much prefer older women, especially with experience. So in that regard that only really leaves Madame and Nicole for sexual stuff. Well, There is what's her face Mrs. Burke... But she just seems too angry. Hate fucking is one thing but I feel she might devour you like a black widow.
You and I are so different lol
No matter the game I'm usually not a fan of milfs
Also I love drama in these games so the throuple is perfect for me

Reactions: Orgitas
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes