NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
It's in a few of his weekly updates. I think he also talks about it in his yearly interview type updates. All accessible on the BaD reddit. He used to have 3090s before updating then all to 4090s. So odds are he might go all 5090s at some point too. As for render times they are blindingly quick, mere seconds in some instances for a still render. So rendering times is not so much the issue. It is him piling on more animations. and static, renders. Say episode 10 has 5,200, roughly, static renders. He also has the animations which account for 25k+ total images rendered. A lot of the time is probably doing all the fiddling to get everything in position before hitting render. So what would take DPC 6 months of work might take another dev a year, or a year and a half.

Also have to keep in mind that DPC absolutely cakes on the coding. So his 10 months, or so, Dev cycle isn't actually that long, at all.
Except that he shit on people telling him to upgrade for months, then when proven wrong that the speed is worth the upgrade and at his budget the price is insignificant, he started upgrading without apologizing, or admitting he was wrong in the 1st place. So, he will upgrade only when he pulls another ep9, where even his most ardent supporters, started to question his dev cycle, so much so that he had to address it both in a patreon post and in his annual Q&A.

Speaking of which, remember when he said to that one guy that he should just stop supporting if he is not down with 1 episode per year, but then cut the Custom Renders Patreon reward? He said it will make him be 15%(?) faster. Do you think he ever acknowledged that guy was right and there are things he can cut for time? Of course not, because thats who he is. His ego will always come first.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I mean he has always said he will do things his way. So it is no surprise, at all, that he has quite the ego. An ego, however, that he can back up with skill. Like him, or not, BaD is one of the best AVNs out there. So it really is a matter of having to separate the art from the artist otherwise you are only going to get angry over something you cannot change.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Except that he shit on people telling him to upgrade for months, then when proven wrong that the speed is worth the upgrade and at his budget the price is insignificant, he started upgrading without apologizing, or admitting he was wrong in the 1st place. So, he will upgrade only when he pulls another ep9, where even his most ardent supporters, started to question his dev cycle, so much so that he had to address it both in a patreon post and in his annual Q&A.

Speaking of which, remember when he said to that one guy that he should just stop supporting if he is not down with 1 episode per year, but then cut the Custom Renders Patreon reward? He said it will make him be 15%(?) faster. Do you think he ever acknowledge that guy was right and there are things he can cut for time? Of course not, because thats who he is. His ego will always come first.
It's just basic PR: Never paint yourself in a negative frame admitting you was mistaken.
And it's work, you can see how devs that are constantly asking for sorry and making excuses to his patrons are spitraosted over time by the community

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
It's in a few of his weekly updates. I think he also talks about it in his yearly interview type updates. All accessible on the BaD reddit. He used to have 3090s before updating then all to 4090s. So odds are he might go all 5090s at some point too. As for render times they are blindingly quick, mere seconds in some instances for a still render. So rendering times is not so much the issue. It is him piling on more animations. and static, renders. Say episode 10 has 5,200, roughly, static renders. He also has the animations which account for 25k+ total images rendered. A lot of the time is probably doing all the fiddling to get everything in position before hitting render. So what would take DPC 6 months of work might take another dev a year, or a year and a half.

Also have to keep in mind that DPC absolutely cakes on the coding. So his 10 months, or so,Dev cycle isn't actually that long, at all.
That's true, other developers also take months to deliver a fraction of an BAK's episode, even if its has a similar quality.

It all comes to animations then...

Speaking of which...

You made such good analysis, but regarding animations you loose an important facts, imo. As well as averaging the animations length is an absolutely wrong approach to calculate anything. DPC himself said, that only 3 lewd scenes are left. Take a look on EP6-9 lewd scenes, how much and long animations are used there. Then, compare to EP9, where a lot of sfw animations were added and used. DPC did 265 animations already, and only 3 lewd scenes are left to done. So now I'd like to explain why 5s average is a bad calc.

I just opened EP9 movies dir, sorted them by lenght and I see a bunch of 2, 3, 4 and 5-6s animations pieces domination for lewd scenes (mostly 2-4, while 5-8+ are rare and mostly are single exceptions). There are a lot of long animations for Sage sex scenes in EP9, while most of them for... flashback (some of 8-21s). And the longest 41s anal tease Sage animation.
The 3 longest animations are not lewd ones. It's a Bella house flashback opening scene - 1m04s, it's a Halloween party opening scene 1m05s, and the party 3rd phase longest animation 1m23s. I bet that DPC already done with such complex and similar ones.

Sage lewd scenes lenght for EP9 took an absolute record with... 302s total (5 mins!), 234s for Josy & Maya (3.9mins) - 2nd place, 135s for Bella and 124s (2m06s) for Jill. The rest is for others branch (Quinn, Lily & Nicole, Sarah & Mel, Jade, CUM-petition) and the rest is sfw animations.

From EP6 lewd scenes numbers comes close to 20 every time, so 3 scenes is about 15% of them (rough estimate). So, this remaining 70-100 animations just technically can't all belong to a lewd ones. Probably half of them, at best. It also depends on scene compexity, since we had a pretty short ones, as well as very long (like EP9 ending ones). Even Josy blowjob in EP9 during drinking game is considered as a lewd scene... while there are a few renders and a short single animation only! The kiss with Jill in EP4. And... don't forget EP6, where we had DnG game and a LOT of short lewd scenes inside. Since most of us expect DnG in EP10, I will not be surprised if lewd scenes remained are DnG short scenes.

I bet that there are 1,5-2m max of animations left, at best, probably less. And since DPC moved to 4090s and got about 2x speed boost in rendering speed even 2 mins of animations won't take so long to render as it was before.

Here is a list of all EP9 animations sorted by lenght:
View attachment 2900717
You bring an excellent point friend, most lewd animations are very short (excluding some oddities like that monstrous Sage Anal tease).

From your data, we can see that 227 out of 303 animations (75%) in EP9 have less than 4s, also 74 out of 303 (24%) have less than 3s.

According to DPC's latest report the remaining art (static and animation) that still must be posed and rendered are from the following in his own words. (plus the 28 animations already on queue to render)

Three lewd scenes - One is written and has partial art. Two scenes need writing and art.
(2 whole lewd scenes need all of their art and one is incomplete, which means plenty of small animations will be needed to finish those)​
Three free-roam events - Less than 100 renders remain across these free-roam events. All need a different degree of testing and additional phone content.
(Those Free-roams wont get any animations, so only static and code are the worry here, also DPC can probably pose 100 statics in less than 3 days considering his productivity from the last reports)​
Two normal scenes - One has partial writing and one is planned. Neither scene has any art.
(Normal scenes normally dont have many animations, but when they do have them, those are usually bigger than lewd animations)​

What that all means, is that since most of the remaning animations are probably from lewd animations, those wont take as long to render, since they are usually very short.

If we adjust the math in ElectronicRoberts excelent post with an lower average animation it would reduce the necessary render time.

Of course we cant know for certain how much lower the average duration of the animations would be and there are lewd animation that are longer.

But, if the usual trends are followed, it would make sense that the remaining ones are mostly in the 4s range for the lewds ones.

If there are 100 animations left (worst case scenario acording to DPC) and those have 5s in average as previously thought that would mean a total of 15000 frames to be rendered, which would take 48 days to get done using his post vacation numbers.

However, if the average duration is just a bit lower, lets say 4,5s, then the total of frames drops to 13500 and 43 days to render.

Not a bad reduction and not entirely improbable considering most animations in the game are lewd and those, more often than not, are shorter than 5s.

DPC's new GPUs could also speed things up.

Just for fun, the best case scenario, if there are only 70 animations left to be posed, they the number of frames to be rendered is only 9450, which would take just a bit over a month to render.

I dont expect this to be the case, DPC cant help himself after all, but a man can dream.

Of course none of my calculations considers the 28 renders already on the queue. They probably arent that long either, 90% of EP9's animations had less than 5s after all.

Being pessimistic with those at a 7s average puts around 6000 frames to be rendered (about 20 days to render)

All in all, I probably spent way too much time doing this and probably need to touch some grass.

And play the damm update, but we get there when we get there, the madness has gotten me, but at least I'm not a waifu maniac or an obsessed with NTR, small blessing.

Just wanted to say that the episode is almost done and we probably will be playing it by 27/10, unless my pessimist prevision is right, because in that case 17/11 is my bet.

Last edited:

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
Read it and weep Orgitas love wins again
View attachment 2900709
Joshy, are you sure that you are a chick rather than mega dik?
Maya goes for a kiss and you are looking in another direction with a look of utmost disgust as if asking "what is that bitch is doing".
It would be more polite if you told her few days before wedding to fuck herself rather than humiliating her like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

Speaking of which, remember when he said to that one guy that he should just stop supporting if he is not down with 1 episode per year, but then cut the Custom Renders Patreon reward? He said it will make him be 15%(?) faster. Do you think he ever acknowledged that guy was right and there are things he can cut for time? Of course not, because thats who he is. His ego will always come first.
It's scary to imagine what would happen if he didn't stop releasing pointless custom renders. Though I'm sure he still releases them for his secret chat of top patrons and without publicity.
But overall yeah, DPС is the kind of guy who will never admit they screwed up. It's a trait of normal arrogant people, which DPC certainly is.
Like Madame. Obviously Madam is one of DPC's biggest failures, if not the biggest. I'm sure if he does animate Madame again in a new episode, he'll come up with a stupid justification like she's related to Burke or something. But we all realize that he originally wanted to use Madame to balance the economy in the game. Or maybe he just likes older moms.

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
A new topic to discuss huh?
i dont think there's anything to discuss. For me it looks like she just told him what she is gonna do, not agreed to join them in threesome, since we dont know(?) what was her final thing for scavage hunt.

Reactions: xtrema

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It's scary to imagine what would happen if he didn't stop releasing pointless custom renders. Though I'm sure he still releases them for his secret chat of top patrons and without publicity.
But overall yeah, DPС is the kind of guy who will never admit they screwed up. It's a trait of normal arrogant people, which DPC certainly is.
Like Madame. Obviously Madam is one of DPC's biggest failures, if not the biggest. I'm sure if he does animate Madame again in a new episode, he'll come up with a stupid justification like she's related to Burke or something. But we all realize that he originally wanted to use Madame to balance the economy in the game. Or maybe he just likes older moms.
As someone that's never gotten a scene with Madame I don't think she is DPC biggest failure she isn't even a side girl more a side side girl. The true biggest failure is Jill Royce she is the only girl that looks worse and worse as the game moves on the only episode she look good was one and maybe two. Jill story is weakest of all LI's in fact at this point she doesn't even have a story just a dead sister and a hot mom and friends. People foolishly say Josy doesn't have a story that's bullshit it's Jill with no story and it isn't even close

Last edited:

xtrema

Oct 24, 2022
i dont think there's anything to discuss. For me it looks like she just told him what she is gonna do, not agreed to join them in threesome, since we dont know(?) what was her final thing for scavage hunt.
yeah after some posts it was cleared that she is just playing

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes