Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Now we know why we haven't got the release in July/August
How do you imagine this makes any sense? Aside from his vacation, he has been and continues to spend 60+ hours a week on the game of his own time, which is completely independent of rendering time. It's not like he is drawing each frame by hand. Sure, he may have been able to reduce render time to something closer to his working time by sticking to 30 fps, but it makes little to no difference in his keyboard time.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't understand what you are surprised about, we went from 7 to 11 months for no real reason, now there is a reason why we will probably go from 11 to 13. What's the problem? Everything is fine. "It will be worth it."

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
is anybody really surprised by this? like at all?? LOL
I am tbh, not because he did something that exponentially increases his work load or anything like that, but because doubling the framerate of animations was the last thing I expected him to do. I was honestly expecting him to say he created entire scenes with just animations and no still renders rather than doubling the framerate.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Gotta take the time to brag a little (through the pain) about how right I was 4 months ago about DPC always finding a new way to extend development time. It was a couple weeks after he got his new hardware and people thought this meant he would finish the episode by July. LOL. What a joke that was. Back then I optimistically said it would take at least 9 months (release in September), at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it into November. Maybe even further! Who knows at this point, not even sure if DPC does, cuz he's always waiting on the next perfectionist project to work on within the episode.

"I got some marginally better hardware to help speed up my ever-increasing development cycle? Time to double the amount of animation frames!"-DPC with a completely straight face.

OmenBR

Mar 18, 2018
60fps animations and possibly ray tracing in episode 12 might be too much for my pc.
Maybe DPC could add support for AMD FSR2.0, that would be amazing!

for real though, did we really wait an entire year for 60fps animations or am i just tripping right now?

Reactions: buggs and Redd23

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I love how DPС uses the right time for bad news. Phantom Liberty is coming out as early as Tuesday and generally no one will care anymore, they'll go off to play Cyberpunk. It was the same thing with Starfield and Baldur's Gate.
Now of course it will be harder to calculate the release time, but I'm guessing it's the end of November.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
oh well, guess DPC is just living up to his game name by..Being A DIK...still cannot wait to play it when it comes out. one of my top 10 must play VNs. and like many people here i have many saves which will keep my playing new content for a few weeks after it comes out.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I love how DPС uses the right time for bad news. Phantom Liberty is coming out as early as Tuesday and generally no one will care anymore, they'll go off to play Cyberpunk. It was the same thing with Starfield and Baldur's Gate.
Now of course it will be harder to calculate the release time, but I'm guessing it's the end of November.
And Milfy City 1.0....

The irony

Reactions: KaiserST

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Although I’m annoyed as much as the rest of you guys over this 60fps revelation, at least DPC mentioned how the fps increase improves the “jiggle”.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The imagination runs wild.

I am not really opposed the 60 fps though it would have made more sense to use the AI program for that. More of an neutral stance to it all. Sort of like "Oh, okay. Nothing we can do. Will look cool though.".

Reactions: Letum0317

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
The imagination runs wild.

I am not really opposed the 60 fps though it would have made more sense to use the AI program for that. More of an neutral stance to it all. Sort of like "Oh, okay. Nothing we can do. Will look cool though.".
I would have preferred to see more of the story, perhaps some minor scenes that were previously left out due to lack of rendering capabilities. And Joshy could use some more cuddling and holding hands with Maya, I guess. But juicy boinking at 60 fps is also not bad, I won’t deny it :)

Reactions: Joshy92 and Orgitas

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Although I’m annoyed as much as the rest of you guys over this 60fps revelation, at least DPC mentioned how the fps increase improves the “jiggle”.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and do you want to put in the rustle of the Preps' robes? it will almost seem like you can hear the sound!!!

Oppenheimer is lucky that the intro to chapter 10 will not be in the Oscars

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I've seen people saying DPC is milking his fans and I have never agreed with that until now. Episode 10 will be a couple of months more than episode 9 and so we get slightly better animations. It is smart of DPC to drag the game out he has probably the most popular AVN around and make tons of money off of it. When BADIK is finished he will have to make a new game that may not be as popular and could halve the money he makes now. The way DPC is going now making more animations and making them slightly better and making a whole episode like 9 that doesn't really advance the game much at all I can see this still going and not even being up to episode 20 in 10 years. There will probably be a lot of people that play now that will be dead by the time it is finished. DPC may even want to retire before it ends unless he does what Freeloading Family did and just make endings for the characters halfway through the game.

Hopefully episode 10 will be better than episode 9. I thought episode 9 was overall pretty boring and really annoying with all the freeroam. I still haven't even finished the episode yet I've only done Sage, Jill and possibly Josy but I don't even remember half of what happened on most routes.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I've seen people saying DPC is milking his fans and I have never agreed with that until now. Episode 10 will be a couple of months more than episode 9 and so we get slightly better animations. It is smart of DPC to drag the game out he has probably the most popular AVN around and make tons of money off of it. When BADIK is finished he will have to make a new game that may not be as popular and could halve the money he makes now. The way DPC is going now making more animations and making them slightly better and making a whole episode like 9 that doesn't really advance the game much at all I can see this still going and not even being up to episode 20 in 10 years. There will probably be a lot of people that play now that will be dead by the time it is finished. DPC may even want to retire before it ends unless he does what Freeloading Family did and just make endings for the characters halfway through the game.

Hopefully episode 10 will be better than episode 9. I thought episode 9 was overall pretty boring and really annoying with all the freeroam. I still haven't even finished the episode yet I've only done Sage, Jill and possibly Josy but I don't even remember half of what happened on most routes.
I wouldn't say he is milking. He is just his own worst enemy by wanting to do more than the episode that came before. If he were milking the fans... Well.. Go see the latest Milfy City update lol. So long in development with only 2 months of actual work done.

Reactions: NoNameNeeded
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes