Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Guys, help me figure something out. He says it will take 24-28 days to render the entire animation queue. The last status, if I remember correctly, was 52 or 56 animations in the queue. So the guy basically says he bakes 2 animations a day? Not 1 animation in 2 days, but 2 animations in 1 fucking' day?
And what is an animation? If to look at every lewd scene, there is a menu of sex positions, each menu choice shows a short animation. Is that what was meant by this?
Animations are short (3 to 5 seconds) movements you see during the gameplay. A sex scene can have more than one (looping) animation. Many animations are not during sex scenes (people walking, and so on). They used to be at 30fps, now DPC is making them at 60fps, so they take double the time to render. Result: increased development time despite using new cards (he dismissed the old ones, inexplicably). In case you don't know, most films made for cinema in the last year are still 24fps (that had been the standard for decades). 60fps is used mainly for action films. Did BaD need 60fps? No. Did DPC needed 60fps? Yes. :)

There was a guy who made the list of all animations in BaD, but I cannot find it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC convinced me, I redo the only 2 runs where I had left the minigames on and disable them there as well

so from here to chapter 10 I can comfortably make time

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Animations are short (3 to 5 seconds) movements you see during the gameplay. A sex scene can have more than one (looping) animation. Many animations are not during sex scenes (people walking, and so on). They used to be at 30fps, now DPC is making them at 60fps, so they take double the time to render. Result: increased development time despite using new cards (he dismissed the old ones, inexplicably). In case you don't know, most films made for cinema in the last year are still 24fps (that had been the standard for decades). 60fps is used mainly for action films. Did BaD need 60fps? No. Did DPC needed 60fps? Yes. :)

There was a guy who made the list of all animations in BaD, but I cannot find it.
Damn reaction limit(y)
Yeah, I see, but it's still impressive total number of the animations. And I can understand his desire to play his favorite game by himself :) Some software developers also suffer from this disease, they tend to complicate the architecture of their applications, trying to make it perfect (in their opinion), to optimize things that consume a tenth of a percent of the total time, spent by the application on useful work. What difference does it make whether the file is saved for a second or three, if the creation of this file itself takes tens of minutes :)
So I get it, annual updates then, okay. :HideThePain:

RK - Milf

Apr 30, 2023

For this week's update, I've tried to estimate the remaining render time by monitoring the number of frames per day and average frames per animation. Render time varies depending on many factors, such as render quality, animation duration, environment, number of characters, light, camera position, etc. I estimated the remaining render time with mean values.

Given that there are no problems with any animations that would cause me to re-render something, we're looking at 24-28 more days of render time before all animations are 100% rendered and post-processed. I will keep you posted as time progresses with new estimates, but right now, mid-November is looking promising for the start of beta testing and proofreading.

I still have tests to complete, but it's going well. Every day, I feel more sure about the episode, and it looks much better than it did when I started this process a few weeks ago.

This week, I played several times, mainly focusing on choices. While playing, I noticed a few bugs and room for improvement with mini-games and the in-game phone. As I worked on improving these areas, I updated the Stats app by making it more useful for mini-game players and other purposes.

I wanted to show you some of these changes today, as it doesn't spoil anything major, and it's always useful to read feedback and consider more changes that players would wish for QoL improvements.

I've added buttons at the bottom of the Stats app, allowing you to browse different useful stats. The general tab is almost the same as in the past, and it's the default tab you view when opening the Stats app.

As you unlock mini-games while playing, more tabs become available at the bottom of the Stats app. The Party Planner tab and other mini-game tabs are exclusive to mini-game players. In this tab, you can see your current build for the party planning mini-game.

You can view everyone's current happiness, your inventory, and perk choices, and also read a log of how activities and choices affected DIKs' happiness and more.

You may have noticed in episode 9 how there's a pop-up message to the top-right of the screen saying that DIKs' happiness increased after activities. Such events will be listed in detail in this log in real-time, and you don't have to replay episode 9 for this to work; your saves and logs will be synchronized at the start of episode 10. Other events relevant to this mini-game will also be added to the log. I hope this will make it easier to plan, evaluate and discuss strategies for this mini-game as it progresses.

Similarly, I've also added tabs for other mini-games: Brawler and a new unannounced mini-game that has become an addictive favorite of mine. I'm not spoiling what it is today, but I believe you will like the new mini-game if you enjoy planning and resource management.

The Brawler tab will show your current skill point allocation and overall stats for the mini-game.

Lastly, there's a tab named Girls, which is available to all players. If you're like me and can be slightly confused about who you've had a lewd scene with on your save and don't want to browse the Bios app every time to find out if you did something with a girl, this new tab will be useful.

It will show which girls you've been with, making remembering what you did in the past easier. This tab will look clean for purists and...not so empty for other players - I'm not judging.

I hope you will come to enjoy these upcoming changes.

I will continue to playtest and polish next week. I'm going through all branches again with the changes I've made and plan to focus extra on getting 100% collectibles and testing them next week.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
images (16).jpeg

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
While saying next dev cycle would be shorter AND upgrading his systems, mind you. When we cross 2024 with no updates I want to see his paypigs eating shit and his mental gymnastics why it couldn't be done any other way. :BootyTime:
He will definitely spend all this time further polishing the episode, improving the quality (NO) :KEK:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I fully expect him to fix Jill's and Josy's smile, Maya's old skin, Sage's weird deceased looking skin, all of Kathy's face, etc...... because DPC is such a perfectionist.
At least Cathy face makes sense (She was wearing braces and it didn't look like they were helping her).
Jill model is cursed, here we can forget about it. The rest can be fixed, but we know that 10+ new mini-games are more important, right? :ROFLMAO: :geek:

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Pretty sure I remember my college days as everyone fucking everyone. The thing that cracks me up is how harem guys flipping out about NTR, IN A GAME, don't realize it's exposing their projected inferiority complex, selfishness, their control issues, but also how they have a real difficult time separating fiction from reality.
It's a game. Relax. You're not actually being cucked. Relax. Shhhhhhhh relax. It'll be over soon. Shhhhhhhhh.
I too want to study in your college. NGL, most people didn't have that hectic or crazy life shown in games or movies. (Different cultures/lifestyle and not everything revolves around western culture) It a major misconception that everybody fucks eachother in college but you do you. Also, most people don't play these games/read books for realism or just want to see watch pixels fuck. As most things, it a escape to another world. (Musics are tunes until you resonate with it). Personally I think it a matter of preferences. I don't mind if people enjoy Ntr/other kinks but that doesn't mean I should enjoy it and I think it highly offensive to make fun of other people kinks. There are already fucked up kinks like rape/loli stuff/necro/vore. Most importantly if you can't connect or let the plots/games influence your emotions or atleast feels something, then I think it pointless to even play games or read books. I somewhat connected with RDR2 Arthur emotions and that is because of how it was written which just made it more fun to play. Then again, people should be free to enjoy whatever they like but before you judge others, take a good look at your kinks lmfao. I think enjoying Ntr is more of a inferiority complex lmfao, not to mention you have to be a real masochist to enjoy it. I would throw a bunch of more words to describe Ntr enjoyers but that just be offensive and rude. :Kappa:Eh.. some people enjoys incest, while other enjoys rape or harem, some like harem but hate lesbians. (Very weird) :HideThePain: At the end of the days, these are people with issues(preference or taste) and I wouldn't waste my time arguing or even talking to them unless our thoughts/kinks align. (Unless of course it about the plot or theories). This is just like some nerds arguing about Dc or Marvels lmfao.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I fully expect him to fix Jill's and Josy's smile, Maya's old skin, Sage's weird deceased looking skin, all of Kathy's face, etc...... because DPC is such a perfectionist.
Maya's crater skin is iconic at this point. Also it helps her fit in with the feminist crowd since they're usually all fat or dirty. She provides the dirty with her disgusting skin.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
At least Cathy face makes sense (She was wearing braces and it didn't look like they were helping her).
Jill model is cursed, here we can forget about it. The rest can be fixed, but we know that 10+ new mini-games are more important, right? :ROFLMAO: :geek:
Jill's model is fine until she opens that mouth. Everything is wrong with Cathy's face. That's a face you see when you turn around in a horror movie.

I forgot to mention MC's vagina. It's more noticeable when he's in the cowgirl position. It's so distracting and weird.

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Well don't have to be shocked knew it was going to be December everyone should have a happy holiday only to have it shattered when they realize the next update is more than a year away after this one

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

For this week's update, I've tried to estimate the remaining render time by monitoring the number of frames per day and average frames per animation. Render time varies depending on many factors, such as render quality, animation duration, environment, number of characters, light, camera position, etc. I estimated the remaining render time with mean values.

Given that there are no problems with any animations that would cause me to re-render something, we're looking at 24-28 more days of render time before all animations are 100% rendered and post-processed. I will keep you posted as time progresses with new estimates, but right now, mid-November is looking promising for the start of beta testing and proofreading.

I still have tests to complete, but it's going well. Every day, I feel more sure about the episode, and it looks much better than it did when I started this process a few weeks ago.

This week, I played several times, mainly focusing on choices. While playing, I noticed a few bugs and room for improvement with mini-games and the in-game phone. As I worked on improving these areas, I updated the Stats app by making it more useful for mini-game players and other purposes.

I wanted to show you some of these changes today, as it doesn't spoil anything major, and it's always useful to read feedback and consider more changes that players would wish for QoL improvements.

I've added buttons at the bottom of the Stats app, allowing you to browse different useful stats. The general tab is almost the same as in the past, and it's the default tab you view when opening the Stats app.

As you unlock mini-games while playing, more tabs become available at the bottom of the Stats app. The Party Planner tab and other mini-game tabs are exclusive to mini-game players. In this tab, you can see your current build for the party planning mini-game.

You can view everyone's current happiness, your inventory, and perk choices, and also read a log of how activities and choices affected DIKs' happiness and more.

You may have noticed in episode 9 how there's a pop-up message to the top-right of the screen saying that DIKs' happiness increased after activities. Such events will be listed in detail in this log in real-time, and you don't have to replay episode 9 for this to work; your saves and logs will be synchronized at the start of episode 10. Other events relevant to this mini-game will also be added to the log. I hope this will make it easier to plan, evaluate and discuss strategies for this mini-game as it progresses.

Similarly, I've also added tabs for other mini-games: Brawler and a new unannounced mini-game that has become an addictive favorite of mine. I'm not spoiling what it is today, but I believe you will like the new mini-game if you enjoy planning and resource management.

The Brawler tab will show your current skill point allocation and overall stats for the mini-game.

Lastly, there's a tab named Girls, which is available to all players. If you're like me and can be slightly confused about who you've had a lewd scene with on your save and don't want to browse the Bios app every time to find out if you did something with a girl, this new tab will be useful.

It will show which girls you've been with, making remembering what you did in the past easier. This tab will look clean for purists and...not so empty for other players - I'm not judging.

I hope you will come to enjoy these upcoming changes.

I will continue to playtest and polish next week. I'm going through all branches again with the changes I've made and plan to focus extra on getting 100% collectibles and testing them next week.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
He didn't give numbers for how many renders are left but hope he right about Mid November

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes