ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Does anyone have 'others' path walkthrough/save at the start of last episode?

In the attached archive it is the 102-6-LT1.save file; the one named "Dik Hots and Sides".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I didn't make these saves (I just moved them from page 2 to page 102 by changing the first number in the file name, to avoid conflict with my previous saves).

I don't remember the user who firstly shared these. I couldn't find their post since the "find" function on the forum sucks, so I just reuploaded the copy I downloaded month ago.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
my game always crashes at beginning of 9.1. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Hard to tell if you don't share the error message.

There should be a file named traceback.txt in the base directory (the directory in which the executable is).

(Maybe I won't be able to help you even once I see that file, but maybe someone will be able. Without it... nobody can guess)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Your post is very interesting, some people hate the freeroams since they either just want to skip to the lewds scenes (use the gallery) or hate repeating the same tasks many times (a fair complaint)

While it's true that repeating tasks on freeroams, specially in ones as big as the party in episode 9, gets tiring and boring after a few times they (freeroams) are a way to do different paths without having to make fully diferent paths.

If there wasn't any freeroams, every single path would demand specific scenes that while would be simpler to code, would demand more planing in writing, choosing assests, posing and rendering.

Updates are already talking a full year to make, imagine the wait times if DPC had that extra work, it would simply be too much.

Now, your suggestions aren't bad, if we had the option to skip those repeating tasks it would surely help people who want to see all paths.
I don't really agree about this story that freeroams are NECESSARY when a story takes many ramifications

freeroams only change the way in which content is accessed in the game, but they don't reduce the amount of content, in the end the content for each individual "room" will be there the same, only instead of accessing them sequentially by clicking anywhere on the screen, they will only be activated if after doing something we go to that particular room

the content needed for the story is exactly the same, not one render more, not one render less

I give a practical example to explain myself better: when we need to find beer for the party with freeroam we have to click randomly on all the rooms or go to the sure thing after asking Tommy, without freeroam at some point after a certain dialogue by clicking we would be in the room where the beer is.

personally, after DPC solved the problem of navigating between rooms with randomly placed arrows, I find the freeroams a pleasant distraction, and if the tasks are story-driven also quite enjoyable, e.g. when the alarm for Cathy's picture goes off, looking for Rusty's laptop makes sense.

the huge freeroam, or rather the 3 freeroams set in the same place, of the last chapter, on the other hand, was not so enjoyable, both because the fact that the setting remained the same made me claustrophobic, but mostly because the tasks to be tackled were for the most part unrelated to what was going on, a constant having to look for person to talk about who knows what for who knows what reason

as in almost all things it is not a matter of black or white, but of balance

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Still, a minimum of $5 monthly pledge makes a minimum of $60 per episode, and having the episode with a delay of TWO WEEKS is an instigation to piracy...

One single episode is not worth $60. Not of this VN nor of any other.

And DPC seems to be aware of that because currently on Steam the bundle of "Acting Lessons" + "BaD Season 1" + "BaD Season 2" is sold at less than 28 Euros (about 30.60 USD).

---

It's not a problem of DPC only.

It's a problem of every developer on Patreon.

They can't possibly ask their patrons to pay FOR A SINGLE EPISODE more than twice what they charge for TWO SEASONS of the finished product!

Because they are exploiting patrons as producers when it comes to pay expenses, but they are not treated as producers anymore when it comes to sharing revenues!
That's simply unfair.

---

Basically patrons are paying developers so that they can work as they like without having to respond neither to a boss nor to their patreons, and what do they get in return at the end of the development?

That they have paid $1000 to play one episode per year of a game which the general public can buy two seasons of for $30 and play it all in a row without infinite wait.
Tell me you don't understand the Patreon model, without telling me you don't understand the Patreon model.

It's not about buying the product, it's about supporting the creator.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I've more or less made my peace with it. Doesn't mean I want to play it again (even though I'll have to at some point) which makes me indifferent to Ep 10's release date since I still have the huge barrier of Ep 9 to hurdle over. But free McDonald's is free McDonald's. I'm not paying them Chick-Fil-A prices anymore. No, sir.
the best thing is not to get carried away by expectations and keep calm. :HideThePain:
Ha.jpg

Sep 10, 2023
Same material in the background as Preview #26.
View attachment 3040047
We can confirm from this that Preview #26 takes place within a tent during the Thanksgiving party.

Graphic I created to showcase the assumed order of events from previews.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are you still going to release the "final version"? From the timeline. I really liked her

ZeroV2

Jul 16, 2023
Definitely one of the best coomer games I've ever played. Really enjoyed getting to know every character, Derek being the classic example of "oh boy this douchebag" proving to be a great friend especially in the context of frat brother. I appreciate that the game at least has a valid reason for the MC to have girls constantly around and fucking with multiples of them since the whole thing is wrapped up in the party Greek life, and the fact that several main girls may be willing to play a little bit but if you want something real you actually have to be a guy they would want to be with.

I dont want to read thousands of pages of posts, but I see there is a debate about the freeroaming aspect of the game. I have to agree that I'm not a fan of "Talk to X" checklists where you have to wander around several mansions to find people. The fast travel button definitely helps, but there are usually a couple of rooms that aren't on the list. I'm already geographically challenged in real life, the shifting perspective when you are moving around rooms of the mansions throws off my sense of where I actually am and the actual physical geography of each mansion is nearly impossible for me to discern.

Anyway, just wanted to drop my two cents. BTW Massive DIK is best route and Melanie best girl

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Definitely one of the best coomer games I've ever played. Really enjoyed getting to know every character, Derek being the classic example of "oh boy this douchebag" proving to be a great friend especially in the context of frat brother. I appreciate that the game at least has a valid reason for the MC to have girls constantly around and fucking with multiples of them since the whole thing is wrapped up in the party Greek life, and the fact that several main girls may be willing to play a little bit but if you want something real you actually have to be a guy they would want to be with.

I dont want to read thousands of pages of posts, but I see there is a debate about the freeroaming aspect of the game. I have to agree that I'm not a fan of "Talk to X" checklists where you have to wander around several mansions to find people. The fast travel button definitely helps, but there are usually a couple of rooms that aren't on the list. I'm already geographically challenged in real life, the shifting perspective when you are moving around rooms of the mansions throws off my sense of where I actually am and the actual physical geography of each mansion is nearly impossible for me to discern.

Anyway, just wanted to drop my two cents. BTW Massive DIK is best route and Melanie best girl
Well here's your first like

About the freeroaming when you have 13 saves like me you get to know the DIK house more than your own :KEK: Massive DIK is the best route and while I don't really like her character I have to admit Melanie had the best glowup from episode 7 to 8, goddamn is she fine in that pool scene :BootyTime:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
About the optional tasks in the phone, it would be better if "talk to X" were clickable and clicking it made the talking scene display, instead of forcing again another navigation in the mansion to find the character.
That actually sounds like a fun idea. Not sure how he'd implement it but it would save some time if you don't feel like looking for a person for the 5th time in a row.

(I played it a few times and still I have some locked scene in the gallery)...
Same. I know I'll have to do it eventually but I stopped trying around maybe March.
the best thing is not to get carried away by expectations and keep calm. :HideThePain:
View attachment 3115535
LOL. Yea pretty much. I'm not walking in with hopes of eating that triple-stack, Wagyu beef burger just to have it slapped away. I'm expecting a dollar menu burger and will just be glad if he doesn't jizz all over it.

Jokes aside:
Nah I'm really leaning towards the belief there won't be another behemoth free roam like Ep 9. The previews show several "date scenes" with individual characters. And again, Ep 9 had the Halloween Party to account for as well as a shit ton of other poorly timed things DPC had to cover that made it a big clusterfuck.

There might be another big ass free roam but I doubt it's going to be that big. Ep 8's dorm party was barely over 600 renders. Ep 9's Halloween party had 3 separate folders for the images and altogether it was over 2700 renders. Possibly 2800.
He's not going to keep including every single character for every party from now on either.

You don't want to read all that, these are just receipts for the future:
I think it was either cover everything equally and make the 2-year wait for the Halloween party disappointing or just say, "Fuck it" then make it the center piece of the story while covering all other loose ends with flashbacks.

It just wouldn't make sense for him to keep doing this kind of story structure. It'll basically mean no progress at all in the story/relationships or the impact will be decreased if it's revealed in the form of a flashback. We'll most likely go back to what we're used to.

I already had doubts about Ep 9 because I didn't think he'd be able to cover all of it sufficiently. I just thought that with a record number of renders we'd at least have gotten a more balanced approach with some progression with everything, planning the party, then the party at the end. Instead it was more than half of the renders going to the free roam and barely catching all the balls he threw up in the air at the end of Ep 8 and the Interlude.

As a side note: Zoey was actually done well at least. Her integration into the cast was pretty smooth. It didn't devote a large chunk of time at the expense of all the other crap happening but it also didn't make the Interlude seem pointless by not just shoving her aside for the rest of the episode after the initial talk with the MC.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes