sampow

May 14, 2023
I don't want to keep saying the same thing over and over but MC is a band-aid for Josy and Maya they might still love each other to some level but its not what it was not close. The times we seen Josy and Maya have sex its because of MC even in ep 8 it because of MC did for them. There relationship is unhealthy at best even still at this point in the game, while I could be wrong I believe once Josy and Maya breakup there is no going back thats it they done. The game is not about the throuple but your relationship with Josy and Maya MC said it best: I'm here where ever this goes.
They both forgave each other for cheating pretty fucking quickly. They didn't work that shit out at all. There will be trust issues, guaranteed! :cautious:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
That's not true. Everyone on their path has mentioned the shit going on between them. You're either blind or being willfully obtuse. I don't give two shits about J&M. If Trem is on their path he can save it, if not, I don't really care.
You absolutely don't understand.

Path friendship
You don't give a shit about J&M. That's okay, I have no problem with that. So you play like that too. You are not on their path and rejoice so that they fight. OK.

Path relationship
This path is different because the MC's player plays this way so it will work JM. Ergo, he makes decisions for this and these decisions deviate fundamentally from other paths.

Therefore, path (friendship) and path (relationship) cannot be compared because the different paths will also lead to different outcomes in the relationships.

That was my last word on it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
They both forgave each other for cheating pretty fucking quickly. They didn't work that shit out at all. There will be trust issues, guaranteed! :cautious:
Maya doesn't work so you can't work anything out with her :ROFLMAO:, They can't really be mad about the "cheating" because they both did it with MC so kind of off setting penalties

• Haha
Reactions: sampow

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

It is my absolute pleasure to announce the Patreon release dates for:

Being a DIK - Episode 10: Calm Before the Snow (v0.10.0)
  • Huge DIK ($25+) tiers: Friday, December 8
  • DIK ($10+) tiers: Monday, December 11​
  • Mini DIK ($5) tier: Friday, December 22 (Patch only, needs Season 3 base game to play)​
Beta testing is fairing well, and many issues have been found and fixed. Testers and proofreader are still working hard to help me add the final layer of polishing that the episode and you deserve.

On release, there will be a patch with a file size of 5 GB. And there will be a full version, including the Interlude and episodes 9 & 10, with a file size of 12 GB.

I recommend downloading the full version if you don't know how to patch your game. There will be clear instructions in the .zip file telling you how to patch your game.

IMPORTANT!!!
Treat Season 3 as a stand-alone game; don't merge it with Season 1 & 2 data.

Merging the game with Seasons 1 and 2 will corrupt both games. I will not assist with errors and re-downloads due to faulty patching and copy & pasting. So, please make backup copies of your games before you attempt to patch them.

Need help with something?
My time to aid with installations and issues is extremely limited. Please join my Discord server for faster help with any problems during the release. The community is excellent for providing fast help to most of your problems.

Let the countdown begin.

Love

Dr PinkCake
thx for posting.

Interesting banner for the "which branch will you play first" question. Josy and Maya seperated here, but well... iam not one to see too much in preview pictures or banner like that, but its still interesting, maybe DPC get the solo routes for them on the road in that episode. I have no doubt that there will be solo routes, at least for Josy so much is clear, but for Maya too i think, the only question is, when?

So for me it will be the 11th december, iam not gonna pay 25$ for it and go for the 10$ release, ep9 was a huge disappointment and the development time for ep10 is a huge disappointment too. at least 3 months too long. I already made a refresher playthrough just now and got reminded how many really pointless animations are in the game, especially in the interlude and ep9. we more or less just waited two months now only to get the animations done while everything else was already pretty much finished. And of course many animations will be pointless again. Some cinematics are really nice and i dont want to miss them, but DPC did way to many animations in between which didnt add anything to the game. And waiting 2 or 3 additional months only for that? Not worth it.

I really hope, but also demand, that this episode will deliver more on so many levels than ep 9 did. And iam not talking about lewd scenes. There were more than enough. No, we need progression in every single way possible. Subplots, Mainplots, you name it... nearly everything was on hold since ep8. Not much was going on in ep9, and especially the nonsense cliffhanger at the end of ep8 was just... ugh... "fuck fuck fuck fuck" and than? Pretty much nothing came out of it, except... we were able to give the MC a surname oO, oh yeah... and arieth is pregnant, wooohooo... thats.... so not important.

Well enough of that, i made it clear, ep10 has to deliver way more than ep9. Hopefully "calm before the snow" is not what it means when you say "calm before the storm" and is just a little wordplay without any meaning to it other than it will be a snowy episode at the end. cause... we dont need a "calm" episode, aka filler episode. ep9 was that already.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
also , let's not forget that, they had days to come clean to each other, and they didnt until MC confronted them :whistle:.
and at the end of episode 9 already laid out the foundation for future jealousy, considering that they start counting how many times they had sex with MC without the other presence:cautious:

Reactions: sampow

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You don't give a shit about J&M. That's okay, I have no problem with that. So you play like that too. You are not on their path and rejoice so that they fight. OK.
To be honest, you're right. I only give a shit about Rio and I give half a shit about Zoey. But, you stay blind to the issues that J&M are having. Others that ARE on their path see what's going on. Not sure why you don't, bro. But I don't rejoice, I just don't care.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
I know it is super subjective but I'm also on the team who thinks Maya's new hair looks terrible. I mean she is a beautiful blonde alright. Cute girl for sure. The question is why does she torture herself with that awful hairstyle? :FacePalm::HideThePain:

View attachment 3111121
Fixed it for you

Jos.jpg

I want to see some mysteries solved, mostly:

- who posted Cathy's picture,

- who blackmailed Chad,

- what's the link between Jill's family and MC's mother,

- who are MC's grandparents,

- what happened to Bella's marriage,

- why Jill and Bella are so close,

- who the hell is Priscilla (the woman Burke called after he dismissed Maya in episode 9),

- who really knocked up Arieth?

- who put the cameras in DIK's mansion,

- who cheated in the exams? will there be consequences?

- will Tybbie marry his beloved watermelon?
My dude, we still have at least 6 more episodes to go. You have to build that shit up and not just drop it in one episode just because y'all are impatient.

But yeah, I've also been wondering about watermelon marriage. That one is crucial.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
also , let's not forget that, they had days to come clean to each other, and they didnt until MC confronted them :whistle:.
and at the end of episode 9 already laid out the foundation for future jealousy, considering that they start counting how many times they had sex with MC without the other presence:cautious:
Maya didn't have much to add to that, kind of wish Josy told her all the times she fuck MC

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
DPC takes a long time, but no ones delivers updates as big as him. He probably could updatae every 6 months if he divided each episode, but those updates wouldn't be as good as a complete one.
Still, a minimum of $5 monthly pledge makes a minimum of $60 per episode, and having the episode with a delay of TWO WEEKS is an instigation to piracy...

One single episode is not worth $60. Not of this VN nor of any other.

And DPC seems to be aware of that because currently on Steam the bundle of "Acting Lessons" + "BaD Season 1" + "BaD Season 2" is sold at less than 28 Euros (about 30.60 USD).

---

It's not a problem of DPC only.

It's a problem of every developer on Patreon.

They can't possibly ask their patrons to pay FOR A SINGLE EPISODE more than twice what they charge for TWO SEASONS of the finished product!

Because they are exploiting patrons as producers when it comes to pay expenses, but they are not treated as producers anymore when it comes to sharing revenues!
That's simply unfair.

---

Basically patrons are paying developers so that they can work as they like without having to respond neither to a boss nor to their patreons, and what do they get in return at the end of the development?

That they have paid $1000 to play one episode per year of a game which the general public can buy two seasons of for $30 and play it all in a row without infinite wait.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
so as we can see a perfekt example for a scamming admin..
the game is on steam.. and no more updates.. last update 1 year ago .....he made enough money on steam so why bother tomake an update

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
so as we can see a perfekt example for a scamming admin..
the game is on steam.. and no more updates.. last update 1 year ago .....he made enough money on steam so why bother tomake an update
This post is a perfect example of something, alright.

BaDIK steam releases are done when a seson worth of the game (typically, 4 episodes) gets completed. There was in fact an update regarding the Steam build literally a week ago:

NEWS
POSTED
Sat, November 18

Season 3 is ~60% complete!

dikseason3.jpg

Today, I can announce that the Episode 10 development is complete and the episode is being beta tested.

With the completion of Episode 10, Season 3 now stands at ~60% total completion.

Currently, Season 3 consists of Episode Interlude, Episodes 9 and 10.
Episodes 11 & 12 remain to be developed before Season 3 is complete.

Season 3 is roughly 12 GB today, including 12,000 images, 700 animated scenes, and 80 new songs.
Season 3 is already comparable to Season 2 in size and content, even when two episodes remain to be developed.

Among the improvements you'll discover in Season 3, you'll find an overall higher image and animation quality. I've also developed new exciting mini-games for this season.

Thanks for your support and patience while I'm putting all my efforts into developing the best game I can create.

Love
Dr PinkCake

Reactions: JiiEf

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This post is a perfect example of something, alright.

BaDIK steam releases are done when a seson worth of the game (typically, 4 episodes) gets completed. There was in fact an update regarding the Steam build literally a week ago:
Yeah. I took that as a kick in the nuts. "Steam users are plebs. If you were on my Patreon, you'd be playing the latest episodes!" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: bloodyasura

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah. I took that as a kick in the nuts. "Steam users are plebs. If you were on my Patreon, you'd be playing the latest episodes!" :ROFLMAO:
But the alternative would be what, for him to sell incomplete "seasons" at full season price as some sort of 5-year long "early access" with people whining in the comments how it's taking him a year for update to come out and what a scam it is... or making a new release for each released episode?

I think the way he handles it right now is probably the most practical.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
But the alternative would be what, for him to sell incomplete "seasons" at full season price as some sort of 5-year long "early access" with people whining in the comments how it's taking him a year for update to come out and what a scam it is... or making a new release for each released episode?

I think the way he handles it right now is probably the most practical.
I'm not saying I don't agree. Because I do agree. But it felt like he was rubbing it in our faces.

Reactions: ffive
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes