Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Hi guys I need some help from someone who is familiar with the linux system/renpy coding.

I just got myself a steam deck. I can run all renpy's VNs no problem by executing the .sh , except withBaD S3, which after double-clicking, only open the file as a txt file for me. I tried to check the "Run as executable" option in the properties, but it did nothing, no error message, no log file generated.

I mean I could get it to run with wine/steam launcher as non-steam game, bbuuuuttt then I could not get access to the S2 end saves (which ae steam version btw), which means no Halloween Dik party for me D:.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
I don't have a Steam deck, so I'll try to help on the Linux side. Do you have access to the terminal? If so, go to BaDiK folder, right click>open terminal here>type in ./BeingADIK.sh and hit enter. Let me know if that works.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
If there wasn't any freeroams, every single path would demand specific scenes that while would be simpler to code, would demand more planing in writing, choosing assests, posing and rendering.
We already have scenes like that. In episode 9 we have a flashback moment where we see an exclusive passage depending on the route chosen, with a different place each time, different clothes, and so on.

In previous episodes, we already had "exclusive" scenes depending on the route taken.

I hope that episode 10 will be structured like the others before it, i.e. linear sequences of the main story, small sequences that differ according to the route, one or two freeroams (usually at parties), and sequences exclusive to sentimental choices (dates). I prefer this to a giant freeroam interspersed with small flashback sequences, as in ep9.

As I have no idea how a game is made, I don't know how this affects development time. If we say that to have (with equivalent content) an episode like the ninth in nine months or an episode like the ones before that in a year, I'll sign up for a year (knowing that it should be possible to shave off a month or two by deleting certain things, like a second mini-game or animations at 60 fps).

Reactions: sampow

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I agree, I just question if they really love each other the way they should or does it have more to do with MC. Could even be both
We read that. In EP4, Josy and Maya say they love each other. They also say so that they are both just as bad when they are apart and just as good when they are together. That explains a lot. Josy and Maya will probably always get back together. Yes, they will probably break up if the MC is not in their relationship, but they will probably get back together later.

That is also the danger. The MC can have solo relationships with Josy or Maya, but eventually the two will get back together and the MC will be alone. The only thing that prevents this is the throuple. There will only be a happy ending with the girls Josy and Maya in a throuple.

Furthermore, Josy says twice in the game so that she doesn't want to lose both. Josy loves both of them. Then in EP8 Maya said to the MC so that her hand belongs to a princess and a prince. Look at the picture of what kind of motif Josy has on her shirt.
Rooster - 009.jpg

Look at the picture. I had a thought last night. My MC tells Josy to mess around with Sage in EP9. This completes a circle. Imagine the image as a circle and mentally scroll to the neutral center. Then the DIK and CHICK order is correct again. Riona, Josy, Sage, Maya, Isabella and Jill. As you can see, Josy and Maya are not that far apart.

The original order is a question. "Which branch will you play first?"
The scroll order is a prompt. "Play first which branch will you!"
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: Charles Edward
Oct 22, 2023
I'll start with Sage, then Others manwhore, then Others focused on Zoey. Next is Bella, M/J and finally Jill. After that, specialized routes with unique conditions will go. I have a little over 20 of them, so in the winter there will be something to do and it will be a long time, considering that I will often be afk.
Same here. I will stay away from the internet for a while starting from December 8th. Because y'know...

images.jpeg

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Gonna side-bust here for a moment.

We all know I'm not on their path, but that shit between them is just that: Shit. Why did I even have to get involved with it and tell them to knock it off and why tf did I have to remind them that they love each other? No, I'm not sure they do love each other. At least not as much as they did. It's something far deeper going on. It might have everything to do with the MC. I mean Josy asked what would've happened between Trem and her if she wasn't with Maya. Even though I'm not on their path. I really think Josy isn't happy with Maya and I think losing Trem(or if you're on their path) is a huge catalyst for her. I think and correct me if I'm wrong here, that Josy is starting to actually realize how much she loves Trem and I also think she's starting to focus more on that than she is on Maya. Maybe she thinks Maya is the cause for her losin Trem. Or if on their path, thinks that Maya is in her way with Trem.

Ok, side bustin done. :ROFLMAO:
That's why it's dangerous to play multiple paths.

On my Josy and Maya path, this is never mentioned to you. On your path already. The danger is that you compare the paths with each other and something like what you wrote comes out.

You're now thinking that Josy and Maya won't really love each other, even if you play their path. The not Josy and Maya path is a completely different path through the labyrinth of BaDIK paths than the Throuple path. They are two different paths and cannot be compared. But you do and that's not how it works.

• Angry
Reactions: aykarin

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Hi guys I need some help from someone who is familiar with the linux system/renpy coding.

I just got myself a steam deck. I can run all renpy's VNs no problem by executing the .sh , except withBaD S3, which after double-clicking, only open the file as a txt file for me. I tried to check the "Run as executable" option in the properties, but it did nothing, no error message, no log file generated.

I mean I could get it to run with wine/steam launcher as non-steam game, bbuuuuttt then I could not get access to the S2 end saves (which ae steam version btw), which means no Halloween Dik party for me D:.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Give this a shot

https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/

long explanation, short:
Chances are, the archiver used isn't properly setting executable permissions while unpacking.
Let's hope this helps.

Reactions: crunchycake

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

On my Josy and Maya path, this is never mentioned to you. On your path already. The danger is that you compare the paths with each other and something like what you wrote comes out.

You're now thinking that Josy and Maya won't really love each other, even if you play their path. The not Josy and Maya path is a completely different path through the labyrinth of BaDIK paths than the Throuple path. They are two different paths and cannot be compared. But you do and that's not how it works.
I only play one path, but going by posts here, it all adds up. I think that relationship is doomed. Unless you're on their path and can prevent it.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Quinn says that, but that just proves that she's not a good chess player. Quinn didn't steal any customers from Vinny. Vinny should understand that too. Quinn sells to Lily and Lily sells to the Pink Rose Girl.

Quinn goes along with Vinny's deal because Lily is a student. What Lily does with the drugs doesn't matter to Quinn. Quinn sticks to the deal.
laughs-no-seth-meyers.gif

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
This wait feels like forever
I need to see the fallout from episode nine on the throuple path

Although it will probably be swept under the rug in the first scene

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I'm not obsessed with these "100 RPs" and I didn't dream them up, I just achieved them. Everyone should have noticed so that I don't always believe coincidences. That's why I asked if it's a coincidence so that I can only reach these 100 RPs if the MC, through his penultimate decision in the game, can get exactly the RPs that make it possible to reach these 100 RPs. I repeat myself. I don't always believe in coincidences.
It's easy if you following guide OR if you know the game so well that you remember proper choices and what/where/when to do or not to do. I'll repeat again, games is made for "average" players and so on. That means, that most of "blind", average, etc players will have about 60-70-80 etc at the point you mentioned. While you did a perfect playthrough w/o missing any opportunity to get RP and avoiding their loss as well as balancing points between girls as best as you can. We haven't got any checks for their RP or summ of their RP since EP8. And it was clear that last check in scene with MC returned from Maya dorm to his room was for a summ of 60 RP for both. It's not that low bar, but still much lower than perfect result you may get by using guides or being a game guru. My best playthroughts mediate from 69 to 79 for the end of season 2 depending of affinity and some very early choices (eg Maya scene on campus where the VERY chick MC can hug her) the worst is 69 for DIK aff and the best is 79 for Chick aff. 74-76 for Neutral. In EP9 you can achieve 22 points in total, maximum, for both. In my case it gives 96-98 for Neutral runs and 101 for Chick. While DIK run hangs around 89 and is much more balanced regarding points between them, because Maya didn't get a bunch of bonuses in the late episodes because of MC aff and some of the blocked opportunities to get extra RP.

Now tell me the that the only and successful outcome since EP9 end is to have a 100+ RP and that it's not a coincidence. DPC putted a good signal for players during EP8 scene in MC room. 60 RP for both is enough to consider you are doing well with J&M. Scene shows that girls trusts MC and comfortable near and with him.

Will you eat your words back if in next EP10 we will have similar check, but only for 75-80 RP at max? Of course it depends on EP number where such check may occur if it will not happen in EP10. The later it will happen the more RP we will gain naturally up to that moment, but still. Do you expect similar checks at the levels that are only achievable for guide/cheats users or for ones, who obsessed with this game? It's ridiculous.

Lying is not good. Josy didn't wear her HOTs uniform to parties, but only wore it to one party, the HOTs party in EP7. Of course, it may have been spread through rumors and gossip for Josy to be HOT. I'll give you this. But please also note that Tommy spread the rumor in college that his sister Josy was fat and ugly. We find out about Lily in EP4.
I repeat. You didn't see every moment of characters life, you don't see it and you will not see it. It's a game and game can't contain AND show you (player) every moment of characters lifes. It's impossible and it's common for every entertainment like a books, movies, games etc. You get hints, you get narrative, you get facts and overall picture of what is going on. To compensate the such boring and impossible way to show you what's going on with characters real time it's getting replaced by building and creation of certain constants, provisions, rules, features that explain or replace at one time or another the need to show and tell you what someone is wearing, how they behave and in general what to expect from the character, etc. - everything that remains behind the scenes as secondary and self-evident. So you can concentrate on really important things around, on plot twists, on relationships, on character interactions, etc, etc, etc.

Let's analyze the example with Josy again. We know that:

1. She and Maya were officially accepted into HOTs
2. Everyone who was at the ceremony saw and knows it
3. Maya voluntarily refused later and informed both Quinn and Sage about it
4. Josy wore her outfit for the first time after the ceremony to a HOTs party where there were a lot of people, including dormies
5. We were given a hint several times as players that B&R is a place where: everyone knows everyone, rumors spread instantly
6. We see how the girls from HOTs put on their uniforms at completely different random times. Sage, Quinn, Arieth and all the others. Most of the time we see them in casual clothes, but their outfits are completely unrelated to any events and parties. On the contrary, at parties they are more often in casual clothes than vice versa.

Further facts:

1. Becky knows that Josy is already in HOTs, but doesn't know that Maya is also already in HOTs
2. Maya declares to her face that she is now in HOTs
3. Becky knows Josy and Maya as friends from school and they studied together with her
4. Becky is a dormie and hangs out with all the people you mentioned, including Oscar
5. Becky talks a lot and it's a well-known fact
6. Sarah is Becky's friend and this is an additional source of information and exchange between HOTs and dorms

Connect points with the facts above and it will become obvious why you are wrong and where exactly.

I agree with you so we don't know if Josy wore her HOTs uniform in public or not. But we know that Tommy spread the rumor that his sister is fat and ugly. Damn, I just remembered something. Because Tommy spread the rumor about his sister, Quinn takes Josy into the HOTs. She loves pushing buttons, but Tommy doesn't like this button that much. Why? Tommy knows about the restaurant, it's not even hard to imagine. It's Tommy's own fault so he has to look after Josy so that she doesn't get approached by guys about restaurant sex. This can be fun.
Josy will learn about Tommy do drugs soon or later. Because almost half of the HOTs do it. AND probably not only about weed, but about injections too. Tommy still can't forgive her for telling Pete and Monica a few years ago that he tried to get high with her nail polish. And here everything is much more interesting. It was an innocent childish stupidity, mostly. So it's not that he needs to keep an eye on her or care - it's just an excuse. He doesn't want her to find out the truth about him doing drugs and tell her parents again. That will have serious consequences this time.

Quinn explicitly tells Riona (It's written, so don't ignore it) so that Melanie and Sarah have achieved that and even something more that Quinn and Riona also want to achieve.
She tells this as terms of motivation. Like, look Riona how good they go and what they got already. Work hard, sweetie.

So something happened in the past and Sage wouldn't believe them. So Sage knows what happened in the past. The only reason Sage lets Melanie and Sarah off the hook on the Chad issue is because Sage trusts the MC. But that doesn't undo Melanie and Sarah's past.
We are back to the "everyone knows everyone, rumors spread instantly". Sage knows that they fuck around a lot, well, they are "sluts". No chances that she doesn't know. The only thing she doesn't know that they do it for money and that Quinn is their pimp.

So, she tried to do 1+1 - they are sluts, she saw them often and recently with Chad. She assumed that one of them is the bitch with whom he cheating on her. It's simple. While you complicating such things too much.

Plot is decent for AVN (or a top avn if you want) but it doesn't go THAT deep. You treat BADIK as some very VERY good detective or something like that while it's not. Your overall expectations is too high, and you expect things to happen that never existed and will never happen or even will be mentioned. I don't know how to say it even easier. It's like - you think you'll need a calculator, but in fact you can calculate everything in your mind.

I won't comment part about Lily, as well as starting menu renders and assumptions based on them, while most of them shows what is happening in this game world but never shown to a player as some specific scenes. Too much secret agents, complicated personas, double or triple bottoms, etc. Sometimes you just have to listen to specific characters and trust them. Lily explained all points quite well in EP8 Pink Rose scene. Since you can't get this scene, because you are not playing this way, I can't help you.

I remember Quinn and Mona's scene clearly.
M: "But I don’t want it anymore. You never told me I had to do old guys!"
(Read this carefully. It's clear to her that Mona doesn't want to fuck old guys. The reverse is so that she doesn't have a problem with young guys.)

Q: "Do you think Professor Stephen Burke will allow a student to solicit sex on campus?"
(So Mona approached someone during the Preps Party and offered to fuck him for money. Was it Stephen Burke? No Mona didn't approach Stephen Burke, but a Prep Boy. Why? Did you read that carefully? Mona doesn't want any old ones Fuck guys, then why would she offer an old guy to fuck her for money. That's a contradiction.)

Q: "Doing what you did, put you on his radar."
(Because Mona made this offer to a Prep Boy, Mona came onto Stephen Burke's radar because that Prep Boy spread the word and eventually Stephen Burke found out.)
ohh.gif

Well, to remember something does not mean to understand and realize.

Mona doesn't want free tuition anymore if this proposal includes fucking the old guys like Stephen (well, here I would object, he is still not 60 or 80 years old, but this is her view of age and attractiveness or the permissibility of a sexual partner for her personally) or a one-time thing like "initiation" - my assumption that Stephen do it 1 time with each new recruited girl. Why 1 time? Because it's to risky to do it on regular basis at first, at second he is rich man and, and at third it can be just a part of agreement between him and Quinn. He cover her "little" business, she brings him new freshwomen she hire to her restaurant.

Mona didn't approached anybody at the preps party except what she had to do with Stephen. When MC is getting able to walk through the first floor, the room where Stephen tried to fuck Mona is locked and there is no Mona everywhere as well. They are in that room. Then after scene with Camila we see how Mona rages out of the room and Stephen comes next after her. After that we have access to the room, Stephen appears in scene with Jade and Mona leaves the party, while Camila follows her. She clearly knew what she had to do! Why you quoted only a part of their dialogue, suspending the most important parts?

mn "I'm sorry, I couldn't do it."
mn "I thought I could, but as soon as he started touching me I felt sick."
qu "You know what you agreed to."
mn "But I don't want it anymore. You never told me I had to do old guys!"
qu "Mona, Mona, Mona..."
qu "What do you expect me to do now?"
mn "I won't tell anyone."
qu "That's a promise that means nothing to me."
qu "Oh, Mona..."
qu "I understand you. You had a change of heart."
qu "There's nothing wrong with that."
qu "It's one less girl I have to provide a future for. I can live with that."
qu "But you know too much and that is a problem."
qu "And you lost my trust."
qu "Doing what you did, put you on his radar."
qu "I know how to handle him, but I'm sure he wouldn't like hearing that you're out there blabbering about how he tried to buy sex from you."
qu "A man in his position, would probably reverse such a rumor and take action."
qu "Students have been expelled for far less and the whore label you'd get would be hard to shake."
qu "Don't ruin your future, Mona."

The only unknown moment up to now is the Stephen "took action" and expelled her OR he cornered her and she leaved by herself. Or she was finally emotionally crushed by the scene at the HOTs party, after Maya's question, the scene with Quinn and other things, although she promised Quinn to be silent, but still blurted out too much.

Stephen tried to convince Maya to leave B&R after he found out that she knows the secret or at least have a key to it, while she has nothing to do with it, did not pass the selection from Quinn and from him personally. He offered her a letter of recommendation and other nonsense as a payoff. But his hands were tied at that moment, because he was at home and two steps away from his wife, son and daughter. He could not threaten Maya or be "more convincing". Therefore, after they leave, he calls a certain Priscilla.

Now imagine his potential talk with Mona, being 1 on 1 in his office and taking in mind that she knew ALL, but rejected him and now trying to stay in B&R as nothing happened. It WOULD have worked if she had shut up after leaving that room and not chatted about it with anyone. But she told Camila about it, Lily overheard their conversation. And so on... according to the same scheme, rumors and gossip spread instantly. Quinn gave her a hint. But she fucked up again.

But I'll give you a hint about Lily and Mona. Look closely at Lily's pose. Lily's left hand is hidden from Quinn, but Mona can see it. Suddenly Mona suddenly drops in front of Quinn and Lily so that Quinn can also deal drugs. Oops. Clever of Mona. She proves to Quinn that she said everything by mistake. But Lily finds out that the whole Quinn thing is even worse than she thought. Stephen Burke and Lily can't bust the restaurant yet because Lily has experienced a new problem. Drug trafficking. Oh, before you forget, only Stephen Burke was able to get Lily back into college. It's not Quinn and Stephen working together, but Lily and Stephen.
Knowledge about prostitution and drugs was intended to be separated. Some girls (like Riona) do both, while Camila had to do only prostitution, not being involved in drugs. Mona had framed Quinn much that time. Camila learned about drugs and Lily about both things. So I think Quinn tried to convince Stefan to exclude her (or just convince her to leave on her own). That was her motivation.

Because there are two prostitution situations at B&R. One about 3 years ago and the other in the present.
Only in your imagination. You even dragged Lily in here. So, this three fucked up before, but unlike Mona and Maya they got grants or excuse and continue their study in B&R as nothing happened. Very plausible.
Especially to allow to join the student who have been expelled before (in your version it's Lily). Again, very plausible. Stephen could find hundreds of reasons to refuse her join and keep her at a distance.

Apparently Stephen's caution is very selective. He blackmails some, threatens them and forces them to leave for good or for bad, and gives grants to others and even allows them to return after a couple of years. Well, well... :HideThePain:

The newspaper accuses Stephen Burke in the present (EP8) of informing the old story again because there is a rumor about "free tution" among the HOTs. That's why Stephen is very sensitive to it when he speaks to Maya in EP9. Cathy points this out to the player in EP7. Of course, if you ignore such hints, then you cannot understand the context.
Cathy: "Just like news papers print old stories once in a while, this will never disappear."
:FacePalm:
He is sensitive because it's first time when he faced this shit. Quinn was also very pissed off that this rumor spreaded. Why AMONG the HOT's?! Wtf? Becky blabbering about this "free tuition" everywhere, she mentioned that to Maya again like it's natural and all know that. That it's like a HOT's secret code.

So let's go back to the dormies. Well, Maya lived in a dorm for a couple of weeks and quite naturally communicated with many of those we saw at the dorm party. She already knew about this rumor. From where? From the dormies. It doesn't matter who it was Becky or her friends, or friends of friends. But the rumor was already circulating in the dorms. What does "among HOTs" have to do with it?

Why can't you just listen and read more carefully what the characters say to each other and what they mention? Why give out wishful thinking when there is more than enough information? But instead, you fantasize about what is not there and distort any, even the most innocent and quite direct and understandable information in order to fit it to your theories and their justification.

It depends on who these prostitutes had sex with. Are they little nerds, dorm boys, alphas or boys from wealthy families (prep boys). This rich family has to fear a scandal if the prep son fucks prostitutes and this comes out.
You know perfectly well what guarantees the absence of problems (well, if everything is done flawlessly). No person - no problem.
All these attempts to buy someone's silence... all of this is unreliable. And if a lot of money is at stake, place, reputation and the threat of criminal prosecution and the loss of everything, then this is not the way out.

the MC decides whether the Preps are allowed into the DIK Mansion or not. If not, it's canon so they'll still be at the party. The MC then has the opportunity to throw these preps out of the party. But Gordon definitely saw Beth. This is absolutely canon. But this is absolutely bad for the relationship between Preps and DIKs, especially considering what happened to Prep Mansion in EP5.

But when the MC lets the preps in, consistency is so that the MC makes friends. Tommy won't be happy when he finds out. But that doesn't matter to me as a player and besides, it was Tommy's job. Tommy just wanted to shift this task onto the MC.

These new friends are good because they don't like Tybalt either. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. When the stories about the restaurant, drugs, Beth and Avery come out, the new friends will stand by the MC.
Where I wrote that I have somethings against it? This decision about bonding with a good part of preps or staying in war with all of them. Same with Jocks. Beat up Troy or not (and consequences, even if they were so little so far), defend Chad or not, tell the truth to Sage and/or Josy or not (what's better still not clear at the moment). There are a few cool guys in Alphas as well. While Anthony is dumb, but he is not that bad, he mostly a kind person. Chad & Troy probably too. The rest there are mostly jerks.

You raised Quinn because you believe Quinn opened the restaurant with Stephen Burke. Stephen Burke, would be a millionaire investor. That's your theory, not mine.
It's my reaction on your theory. Like Quinn makes so much money, while she is not. The income between her and Stephen incomporable. It's absolutely different levels. Stephen can afford a lot thanks to money - including very specific entertainment. That's all.

No, I don't lose any fun because I enjoy finding the details and clues and connecting them into theories.
I hope you understand that you act like a reader, who read only some part of the book, heared something about the rest and trying to develop theories and make conclusions. Don't like example with book? Ok, you watched only a half of TV series. Or you kissed with your girlfriend during almost the half of the movie. All is the same and equal.

You just considered the order of the EPs. But there is a hint that the EP order does not necessarily correspond to the chronological order of the story. This chronological sequence only corresponds exactly to the EP sequence from the beginning of the DIK Mansion destruction and to the completion of the renovation work on the DIK Mansion. I think we should prepare for some surprises.
Oh, god... :FacePalm::PogChamp:So we are in a time loop? I forgot, does it include the fucked up DPCs asset with the wrong date on calendar or not? He worked on that episode in 2019 and it is quite natural that the current date was set in DAZ, but he just fucked up and didn't correct it for the one in the game universe - 2017 (and most likely 2018 for the second half of the game, because the new year is approaching). One year. DPC's words. We are ending in late spring-summer 2018. So you expect we seen some future during our current gameplay. Ok, mate... And MC had his old phone I suppose, all those Rooster posts, texts, etc. Contacts in his phone are also dissapears and appears randomly according to your time loop theory? Or flashback-flashforward narration type, whatever.

It's my decision which path I play and which one I don't. I definitely won't let you tell me that.
I'm not going to tell you how to play. I just pay attention to the fact that you can't build theories without seeing and going through half of the content (and the further the game goes, the greater the percentage of content you miss by playing this way). Forums and posts will not replace the original source. You can't help but understand that, since you're so serious about details and theories.

Would you argue with a person, who read a half of the book, seen a half of tv series or movie and seriously builds theories, and even more so far-reaching as your ones? Read a 1 or 2 books of "A Song of Ice and Fire" and go to the fan-forums with theories based only on what you had read. I would like to see it.

But I think we should end our conversation at this point because I don't feel like explaining anything to you anymore. I accept so you don't want to understand. Believe me, this is an offer of friendship.
Well... it's a last round in this particular argue from my side too. But I'm watching you :HideThePain:
I'm not going to let this ship with theories just sink so easily and peacefully. We will celebrate it with a grand salute! It doesn't matter with or without the captain of this ship, though :KEK:

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Good thing that nothing is forcing you to pay anything to play the game

You're in a pirate forum after all, no need to defend yourself.

However, do remember that this is a solo developer who wouldn't be making this game without his suporters.

There are plently of people who abuse their Patreons, I dont think DPC is among them, is he a control freak and unable to receive feedback? Sure, but as long as he delivers a good game people will pay up.

I hope so at least, no other game matches this one in my opinion.
Yup, I'm in a pirate forum because I have spent too much money paying in advance for games that I didn't like. So I came here and downloaded a bunch of AVN you can find on Patreon.

Most of them simply aren't worth one month of $5 tier subscription, and I just deleted it after trying them for half an hour.

This is not one of them, and I would have considered pledging for it, if there had been a release every three or six month max.
If the Developer concentrated himself in progressing the story instead of on useless minigames and upscaling frame rate (who does notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps... and if they notice it, are they willing to pay the cost in terms of more gigabytes to download and more time to wait to see the progress of the story??? Shouldn't upscaling framerate be postponed for a redo once the story is concluded???).

I also would have bought Acting Lessons on Steam after having finished it as a pirate download if it hadn't had that forced sacrifice of one girl in the fire crap!
Because if Acting Lessons had at least one or two possible really good ending without trauma, it would be totally worth his $9 Steam price to me. I would happily pay up to $20 for it. But... hell! Not $5 - $15 every fucking months for I don't know how many months it took to complete it!

---

Unfortunately (more for me than for DPC) I don't have the financial means of George Harrison who put 2 MILLION POUNDS upfront in the production of "Life of Brian" because he wanted to see the movie...
(N.B. He put 2 million Pounds upfront ONCE, not 100 thousand Pounds every month for an indefinite nuber of months... :WeSmart::sneaky:)

So, I'm not pledging $5 per month for the next four or ten years.

If at the end of the story he doesn't fuck up (meaning that there is at least a possible good ending with each LI and you are not forced to let one die) I will pay for the finished product on Steam if it has a reasonable price, because I do believe that creative work has to be paid.

Only I do not believe that it is fair to ask for more money the more slow you are.
And I don't think $60 is a reasonable price for a single episode!

And $60 is how much $5 tier patreons spent for Episode 10 alone... (and unless they don't download Ep 10 from here, they will get it with a consistent delay!!! :HideThePain: :HideThePain: )

---

Besides, I guess that George Harrison by putting 2 million Pounds upfront producing "Life of Brian" wasn't just paying his personal copy of the movie, but probably he got an agreemente for a percentage of the royalties... like any producer gets. And which is just fair.

Instead what are patreons doing?
They are acting as producers at all effects until supporting producing costs is concerned, but then... when the finished product is put on the market, they're not treated as producers anymore, since... ONLY THE DEVELOPER gets a return on their investment! Not fair at all...

Reactions: sampow

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
By the way, cocaine is sometimes called snow. Probably has a double meaning. The calm before the blizzard and the calm before the drug trip/drug problem.
Will the cocaine (snow) be found? Who is pregnant? Arieth. Why is she pregnant? Dawe birth control pills (sugar). In the search for the origin of Dawes birth control pills (sugar), will some cocaine (snow) also be found?

Who knows all this so that Quinn sold the Alphas sugar instead of birth control pills? Riona, Tommy? Riona turns away from Quinn and if Tommy has fucked Arieth again in the meantime, then Tommy will blame Quinn.

The only problem is that the MC has a new haircut that gives him some resemblance to Tommy. Derek finds a camera. This can all be quite fun.
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: John Ness

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
And that's where you're wrong. Again. The individual paths cannot be compared with each other in terms of the personality development of the characters in the different paths.

If the MC is not on the Throuple path, Josy and Maya will fight. But if the MC is on her throuple path, then Josy and Maya will get along.

You can play multiple paths in a row, but not at the same time. Therefore, you cannot compare what happens on one path to another path because different decisions were made. What happens on one path does not happen on the other path.
That's not true. Everyone on their path has mentioned the shit going on between them. You're either blind or being willfully obtuse. I don't give two shits about J&M. If Trem is on their path he can save it, if not, I don't really care.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
And that's where you're wrong. Again. The individual paths cannot be compared with each other in terms of the personality development of the characters in the different paths.

If the MC is not on the Throuple path, Josy and Maya will fight. But if the MC is on her throuple path, then Josy and Maya will get along.

You can play multiple paths in a row, but not at the same time. Therefore, you cannot compare what happens on one path to another path because different decisions were made. What happens on one path does not happen on the other path.
Wel,, Josy and Maya are still bickering even if MC part of their relationship, he just play a peacekeeper. :ROFLMAO:
and that part is completely false. roughly at least 70% of the game is the same regardless of the branching. ;)

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
It's easy if you following guide OR if you know the game so well that you remember proper choices and what/where/when to do or not to do. I'll repeat again, games is made for "average" players and so on. That means, that most of "blind", average, etc players will have about 60-70-80 etc at the point you mentioned. While you did a perfect playthrough w/o missing any opportunity to get RP and avoiding their loss as well as balancing points between girls as best as you can. We haven't got any checks for their RP or summ of their RP since EP8. And it was clear that last check in scene with MC returned from Maya dorm to his room was for a summ of 60 RP for both. It's not that low bar, but still much lower than perfect result you may get by using guides or being a game guru. My best playthroughts mediate from 69 to 79 for the end of season 2 depending of affinity and some very early choices (eg Maya scene on campus where the VERY chick MC can hug her) the worst is 69 for DIK aff and the best is 79 for Chick aff. 74-76 for Neutral. In EP9 you can achieve 22 points in total, maximum, for both. In my case it gives 96-98 for Neutral runs and 101 for Chick. While DIK run hangs around 89 and is much more balanced regarding points between them, because Maya didn't get a bunch of bonuses in the late episodes because of MC aff and some of the blocked opportunities to get extra RP.

Now tell me the that the only and successful outcome since EP9 end is to have a 100+ RP and that it's not a coincidence. DPC putted a good signal for players during EP8 scene in MC room. 60 RP for both is enough to consider you are doing well with J&M. Scene shows that girls trusts MC and comfortable near and with him.

Will you eat your words back if in next EP10 we will have similar check, but only for 75-80 RP at max? Of course it depends on EP number where such check may occur if it will not happen in EP10. The later it will happen the more RP we will gain naturally up to that moment, but still. Do you expect similar checks at the levels that are only achievable for guide/cheats users or for ones, who obsessed with this game? It's ridiculous.

I repeat. You didn't see every moment of characters life, you don't see it and you will not see it. It's a game and game can't contain AND show you (player) every moment of characters lifes. It's impossible and it's common for every entertainment like a books, movies, games etc. You get hints, you get narrative, you get facts and overall picture of what is going on. To compensate the such boring and impossible way to show you what's going on with characters real time it's getting replaced by building and creation of certain constants, provisions, rules, features that explain or replace at one time or another the need to show and tell you what someone is wearing, how they behave and in general what to expect from the character, etc. - everything that remains behind the scenes as secondary and self-evident. So you can concentrate on really important things around, on plot twists, on relationships, on character interactions, etc, etc, etc.

Let's analyze the example with Josy again. We know that:

1. She and Maya were officially accepted into HOTs
2. Everyone who was at the ceremony saw and knows it
3. Maya voluntarily refused later and informed both Quinn and Sage about it
4. Josy wore her outfit for the first time after the ceremony to a HOTs party where there were a lot of people, including dormies
5. We were given a hint several times as players that B&R is a place where: everyone knows everyone, rumors spread instantly
6. We see how the girls from HOTs put on their uniforms at completely different random times. Sage, Quinn, Arieth and all the others. Most of the time we see them in casual clothes, but their outfits are completely unrelated to any events and parties. On the contrary, at parties they are more often in casual clothes than vice versa.

Further facts:

1. Becky knows that Josy is already in HOTs, but doesn't know that Maya is also already in HOTs
2. Maya declares to her face that she is now in HOTs
3. Becky knows Josy and Maya as friends from school and they studied together with her
4. Becky is a dormie and hangs out with all the people you mentioned, including Oscar
5. Becky talks a lot and it's a well-known fact
6. Sarah is Becky's friend and this is an additional source of information and exchange between HOTs and dorms

Connect points with the facts above and it will become obvious why you are wrong and where exactly.

Josy will learn about Tommy do drugs soon or later. Because almost half of the HOTs do it. AND probably not only about weed, but about injections too. Tommy still can't forgive her for telling Pete and Monica a few years ago that he tried to get high with her nail polish. And here everything is much more interesting. It was an innocent childish stupidity, mostly. So it's not that he needs to keep an eye on her or care - it's just an excuse. He doesn't want her to find out the truth about him doing drugs and tell her parents again. That will have serious consequences this time.

She tells this as terms of motivation. Like, look Riona how good they go and what they got already. Work hard, sweetie.

We are back to the "everyone knows everyone, rumors spread instantly". Sage knows that they fuck around a lot, well, they are "sluts". No chances that she doesn't know. The only thing she doesn't know that they do it for money and that Quinn is their pimp.

So, she tried to do 1+1 - they are sluts, she saw them often and recently with Chad. She assumed that one of them is the bitch with whom he cheating on her. It's simple. While you complicating such things too much.

Plot is decent for AVN (or a top avn if you want) but it doesn't go THAT deep. You treat BADIK as some very VERY good detective or something like that while it's not. Your overall expectations is too high, and you expect things to happen that never existed and will never happen or even will be mentioned. I don't know how to say it even easier. It's like - you think you'll need a calculator, but in fact you can calculate everything in your mind.

I won't comment part about Lily, as well as starting menu renders and assumptions based on them, while most of them shows what is happening in this game world but never shown to a player as some specific scenes. Too much secret agents, complicated personas, double or triple bottoms, etc. Sometimes you just have to listen to specific characters and trust them. Lily explained all points quite well in EP8 Pink Rose scene. Since you can't get this scene, because you are not playing this way, I can't help you.

View attachment 3114897

Well, to remember something does not mean to understand and realize.

Mona doesn't want free tuition anymore if this proposal includes fucking the old guys like Stephen (well, here I would object, he is still not 60 or 80 years old, but this is her view of age and attractiveness or the permissibility of a sexual partner for her personally) or a one-time thing like "initiation" - my assumption that Stephen do it 1 time with each new recruited girl. Why 1 time? Because it's to risky to do it on regular basis at first, at second he is rich man and, and at third it can be just a part of agreement between him and Quinn. He cover her "little" business, she brings him new freshwomen she hire to her restaurant.

Mona didn't approached anybody at the preps party except what she had to do with Stephen. When MC is getting able to walk through the first floor, the room where Stephen tried to fuck Mona is locked and there is no Mona everywhere as well. They are in that room. Then after scene with Camila we see how Mona rages out of the room and Stephen comes next after her. After that we have access to the room, Stephen appears in scene with Jade and Mona leaves the party, while Camila follows her. She clearly knew what she had to do! Why you quoted only a part of their dialogue, suspending the most important parts?

mn "I'm sorry, I couldn't do it."
mn "I thought I could, but as soon as he started touching me I felt sick."
qu "You know what you agreed to."
mn "But I don't want it anymore. You never told me I had to do old guys!"
qu "Mona, Mona, Mona..."
qu "What do you expect me to do now?"
mn "I won't tell anyone."
qu "That's a promise that means nothing to me."
qu "Oh, Mona..."
qu "I understand you. You had a change of heart."
qu "There's nothing wrong with that."
qu "It's one less girl I have to provide a future for. I can live with that."
qu "But you know too much and that is a problem."
qu "And you lost my trust."
qu "Doing what you did, put you on his radar."
qu "I know how to handle him, but I'm sure he wouldn't like hearing that you're out there blabbering about how he tried to buy sex from you."
qu "A man in his position, would probably reverse such a rumor and take action."
qu "Students have been expelled for far less and the whore label you'd get would be hard to shake."
qu "Don't ruin your future, Mona."

The only unknown moment up to now is the Stephen "took action" and expelled her OR he cornered her and she leaved by herself. Or she was finally emotionally crushed by the scene at the HOTs party, after Maya's question, the scene with Quinn and other things, although she promised Quinn to be silent, but still blurted out too much.

Stephen tried to convince Maya to leave B&R after he found out that she knows the secret or at least have a key to it, while she has nothing to do with it, did not pass the selection from Quinn and from him personally. He offered her a letter of recommendation and other nonsense as a payoff. But his hands were tied at that moment, because he was at home and two steps away from his wife, son and daughter. He could not threaten Maya or be "more convincing". Therefore, after they leave, he calls a certain Priscilla.

Now imagine his potential talk with Mona, being 1 on 1 in his office and taking in mind that she knew ALL, but rejected him and now trying to stay in B&R as nothing happened. It WOULD have worked if she had shut up after leaving that room and not chatted about it with anyone. But she told Camila about it, Lily overheard their conversation. And so on... according to the same scheme, rumors and gossip spread instantly. Quinn gave her a hint. But she fucked up again.

Knowledge about prostitution and drugs was intended to be separated. Some girls (like Riona) do both, while Camila had to do only prostitution, not being involved in drugs. Mona had framed Quinn much that time. Camila learned about drugs and Lily about both things. So I think Quinn tried to convince Stefan to exclude her (or just convince her to leave on her own). That was her motivation.

Only in your imagination. You even dragged Lily in here. So, this three fucked up before, but unlike Mona and Maya they got grants or excuse and continue their study in B&R as nothing happened. Very plausible.
Especially to allow to join the student who have been expelled before (in your version it's Lily). Again, very plausible. Stephen could find hundreds of reasons to refuse her join and keep her at a distance.

Apparently Stephen's caution is very selective. He blackmails some, threatens them and forces them to leave for good or for bad, and gives grants to others and even allows them to return after a couple of years. Well, well... :HideThePain:

:FacePalm:
He is sensitive because it's first time when he faced this shit. Quinn was also very pissed off that this rumor spreaded. Why AMONG the HOT's?! Wtf? Becky blabbering about this "free tuition" everywhere, she mentioned that to Maya again like it's natural and all know that. That it's like a HOT's secret code.

So let's go back to the dormies. Well, Maya lived in a dorm for a couple of weeks and quite naturally communicated with many of those we saw at the dorm party. She already knew about this rumor. From where? From the dormies. It doesn't matter who it was Becky or her friends, or friends of friends. But the rumor was already circulating in the dorms. What does "among HOTs" have to do with it?

Why can't you just listen and read more carefully what the characters say to each other and what they mention? Why give out wishful thinking when there is more than enough information? But instead, you fantasize about what is not there and distort any, even the most innocent and quite direct and understandable information in order to fit it to your theories and their justification.

You know perfectly well what guarantees the absence of problems (well, if everything is done flawlessly). No person - no problem.
All these attempts to buy someone's silence... all of this is unreliable. And if a lot of money is at stake, place, reputation and the threat of criminal prosecution and the loss of everything, then this is not the way out.

Where I wrote that I have somethings against it? This decision about bonding with a good part of preps or staying in war with all of them. Same with Jocks. Beat up Troy or not (and consequences, even if they were so little so far), defend Chad or not, tell the truth to Sage and/or Josy or not (what's better still not clear at the moment). There are a few cool guys in Alphas as well. While Anthony is dumb, but he is not that bad, he mostly a kind person. Chad & Troy probably too. The rest there are mostly jerks.

It's my reaction on your theory. Like Quinn makes so much money, while she is not. The income between her and Stephen incomporable. It's absolutely different levels. Stephen can afford a lot thanks to money - including very specific entertainment. That's all.

I hope you understand that you act like a reader, who read only some part of the book, heared something about the rest and trying to develop theories and make conclusions. Don't like example with book? Ok, you watched only a half of TV series. Or you kissed with your girlfriend during almost the half of the movie. All is the same and equal.

Oh, god... :FacePalm::PogChamp:So we are in a time loop? I forgot, does it include the fucked up DPCs asset with the wrong date on calendar or not? He worked on that episode in 2019 and it is quite natural that the current date was set in DAZ, but he just fucked up and didn't correct it for the one in the game universe - 2017 (and most likely 2018 for the second half of the game, because the new year is approaching). One year. DPC's words. We are ending in late spring-summer 2018. So you expect we seen some future during our current gameplay. Ok, mate... And MC had his old phone I suppose, all those Rooster posts, texts, etc. Contacts in his phone are also dissapears and appears randomly according to your time loop theory? Or flashback-flashforward narration type, whatever.

I'm not going to tell you how to play. I just pay attention to the fact that you can't build theories without seeing and going through half of the content (and the further the game goes, the greater the percentage of content you miss by playing this way). Forums and posts will not replace the original source. You can't help but understand that, since you're so serious about details and theories.

Would you argue with a person, who read a half of the book, seen a half of tv series or movie and seriously builds theories, and even more so far-reaching as your ones? Read a 1 or 2 books of "A Song of Ice and Fire" and go to the fan-forums with theories based only on what you had read. I would like to see it.

Well... it's a last round in this particular argue from my side too. But I'm watching you :HideThePain:
I'm not going to let this ship with theories just sink so easily and peacefully. We will celebrate it with a grand salute! It doesn't matter with or without the captain of this ship, though :KEK:
My good one. I play goal-oriented. If I hadn't used the Sachos MOD after playing through EP9, I wouldn't have even known that I had reached 100 RPs. Until yesterday I didn't even know about the 60 JM RPs or that they had any meaning. I've never seen that before. All I knew was that DPC gives rewards for a certain number of RPs.

I then concluded that for these 100 RPs to have meaning. I don't know exactly what the reward will be. Stable throuple, anal sex, foursome sex, etc. But there will be something. Let us surprise

I won't answer the other one because I don't feel like it. You have your perspective and I have mine. We'll see who was closer to the truth sometime in 10 years.

Reactions: Kpyna

sampow

May 14, 2023

That's not true. Everyone on their path has mentioned the shit going on between them. You're either blind or being willfully obtuse. I don't give two shits about J&M. If Trem is on their path he can save it, if not, I don't really care.
Wel,, Josy and Maya are still bickering even if MC part of their relationship, he just play a peacekeeper. :ROFLMAO:
and that part is completely false. roughly at least 70% of the game is the same regardless of the branching. ;)
The ironic thing is if you're on Maya & Josy's path you see just how much they bicker. Maya comes across like a cunt.

when update
December 8th I believe.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
To be fair, he chose this job to avoid having to answer to a boss. If I remember well during Acting Lessons he had a wage job on the side, must have been exhausting so I don't blame him for taking the opportunity to do this full time

The update are slower to come out but there's more and more content (whether it's good content is another debate) many devs here get too comfortable and make slower updates with as much content if not less than they used to, DPC is not one of them.

The only thing I blame him for is his inflated ego like KaiserST said
Ok, but if you don't want to have a boss, you still have to work in a way that attracts customers.

The assumption that if piracy didn't exist people here would be forced to pledge on Patreon is wrong.
Not with one year or more per episode and a minimum pledge of $5 that makes a minimum price of $60 per single episode, that is $600 for Episode 1 to 10 and what? At least $1000 for all the four seasons???

Come on!
Those prices are just for a few wealthy people. Regular people can't afford such an expense for a VN, not even for the best one.

With these monthly fees and this development speed (slowness), should he smack piracy down he just would remain with the same patreons he has today (minus those he bans) and he would not earn a cent more.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
The ironic thing is if you're on Maya & Josy's path you see just how much they bicker. Maya comes across like a cunt.
That's what I'm saying. dalli_x is either blind or being obtuse about it, just for the sake of being obtuse. Maybe obtuse isn't the word for it, but it's what came to mind. Anyway, I feel there should've been a choice of: "Don't bring me into your arguments." But there wasn't. They need to figure this shit out on their own.

sampow

May 14, 2023
Ok, but if you don't want to have a boss, you still have to work in a way that attracts customers.

The assumption that if piracy didn't exist people here would be forced to pledge on Patreon is wrong.
Not with one year or more per episode and a minimum pledge of $5 that makes a minimum price of $60 per single episode, that is $600 for Episode 1 to 10 and what? At least $1000 for all the four seasons???

Come on!
Those prices are just for a few wealthy people. Regular people can't afford such an expense for a VN, not even for the best one.

With these monthly fees and this development speed (slowness), should he smack piracy down he just would remain with the same patreons he has today (minus those he bans) and he would not earn a cent more.
But you don't need to pledge, you just donate when the episode comes out. That means you pay $10 an episode. That's $10 dollars a year. You could even be paying $5 a year for the patches. It's not unreasonable. Considering how obsessed people are with this game, it's quite a good deal.

That's what I'm saying. @dalli_x is either blind or being obtuse about it, just for the sake of being obtuse. Maybe obtuse isn't the word for it, but it's what came to mind. Anyway, I feel there should've been a choice of: "Don't bring me into your arguments." But there wasn't. They need to figure this shit out on their own.
For better or worse, dalli just sees things differently to the average joe.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes