Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, I like to bitch about it whenever occasion comes. And this argument is the dumbest thing you can say, if that's the case then oh boy, how stupid these all software companies are employing so many people... Even here we got many devs working on games in teams, we should tell them that it would be more efficient to just work alone lol.
How about you actually do some math first? DPC's output quantity is not lower than other devs. The issue here is he lumps all of that into a single release instead of doing multiple releases of smaller chunks.

Seriously, you don't know what project management is about. Project managers in all those s/w company are, when you boil it down, just a hired gun to move things along, and not a true stakeholder. As long as it's decent enough that's all fine and the PM can pass the buck. Being the owner with the entire stake, and a project manager is a whole different ball game.

I'm not saying DPC shouldn't look for ways to have quicker releases (by chopping things up into smaller chunks), but no, having someone else do the art work is not gonna be a good way to do it. There's a reason why most top AVN devs are solo developers.

elumiknotty

Jun 30, 2023
You mean that you used a software tool to check the frame rate, am I right?

I mean... Do you think that the difference from an animation at 60fps and the same animation as 30fps is noticeable by the human eye?
Uhm, because 60fps animations are made to please the robot crowd?

Hell yes the human eye can tell the difference. Nobody would bother if we couldn't.

Reactions: KaiserST

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
No, because he never use it to shorten the development time, but to keep add more stuff. if he could the final episode would be fully animated like the Playstation Games that are rather an interactive movies than games :whistle::ROFLMAO:
Ah ha! :LOL:
I'm running out of reactions but I found your answer amusing :)
More seriously, I don't have the perspective to see the development cycle from year to year since I discovered the game only a few months ago but I was thinking more about a release in September or October thanks to its new equipment .
Obviously I'm wrong, but I'm still hopeful! ;)

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
Quinn apologizing to Tommy doesn't symbolize a redemption arc. She should apologize to Maya so we can consider a redemption arc. Tommy is just a junkie who is no good at anything and who envies the MC in every way.
It's just a start or a hint that it will happen soon. Consider the fact that she didn't apologize to Tommy because of Tommy, but because she genuinely reflected on her mistakes when it comes to the DIKs. She did it after learning that Vinny threatened MC with a gun. At that moment it occured to her that it was her stubborness and unwillingness to apologize earlier that drove Tommy into buying from Vinny, giving Vinny leverage over him and inviting his appearance at the DIK party. It's not about Tommy, but about Quinn learning from her mistakes.

And maybe she will apologize to Maya in the future. Right now it's still a long way, but you can't negate the fact that her personality begun to change.
tl;dr. All that furious typing the wall of text and Quinn is still a side girl, no matter how hard it makes you cry.
It was far from furious. Writing about things like this makes it easy to organize one's own thoughts ;) But if you ever decide that a viewpoint different from yours has a right to exist, I'll appreciate your reply to my arguments.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can't you tell if an animation is 60 fps just by looking at it? WTF?!
There's this common misconception that because it only takes some 24 fps to fool human eye into thinking it's continuous motion, that humans can't perceive difference between 24 and more fps.

Which is obviously false to anyone who saw animation rendered at faster rate...

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Every new episode I go and count how many lewd scenes there will be to unlock. The first I unlocked was Madame's 3rd lewd scene, I knew the first two were also Madame scenes and was so pissed.
I feel you:HideThePain: That was easier for me, someone spoiled about her scene. That moment, whrn you just Ctrl lewds and doing quick load after watching.
True but that isn't a job for MC to solve unless we going to play cops. Of course that will be a big part or part of the story but honestly I think it just the start and it gets even worse but I could be wrong
Vinny has already become part of the MCs and DIKs storyline, he is the main antagonist in Season 3, so somehow these stories will be intertwined.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
False.

I checked all the 13 (of course unlucky) animations that feature Madame in this Episode.

Not a single one of them are 60fps.

I mean... Do you think that the difference from an animation at 60fps and the same animation as 30fps is noticeable by the human eye?
He's talkin out his ass.
1702686468339.png

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Yes, 60fps vs 30fps can be demonstrably and objectively noticeable. But whether 60fps is preferred, that's a whole different can of worms that I'll stay away from.

Ah ha! :LOL:
I'm running out of reactions but I found your answer amusing :)
More seriously, I don't have the perspective to see the development cycle from year to year since I discovered the game only a few months ago but I was thinking more about a release in September or October thanks to its new equipment .
Obviously I'm wrong, but I'm still hopeful! ;)
Ok newbie, allow me to pour cold water on this hope. DPC has said time and again that whenever he upgrades his equipment and/or get more equipment, it's for doing more, not going faster.

• Sad
Reactions: Ekzou

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
I feel you:HideThePain: That was easier for me, someone spoiled about her scene. That moment, whrn you just Ctrl lewds and doing quick load after watching.

Vinny has already become part of the MCs and DIKs storyline, he is the main antagonist in Season 3, so somehow these stories will be intertwined.
are you sure it's not fluffy?

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
There's this common misconception that because it only takes some 24 fps to fool human eye into thinking it's continuous motion, that humans can't perceive difference between 24 and more fps.

Which is obviously false to anyone who saw animation rendered at faster rate...
Anyone who does gaming with a good monitor of 144 refresh or above knows well that you can easily distinguish up to around 150 fps and lower in 30 fps increments.

From 30 to 60, it's literally a double increment, so very noticeable.

But it requires you to have a good monitor with minimal ghosting.

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
Yes, 60fps vs 30fps can be demonstrably and objectively noticeable. But whether 60fps is preferred, that's a whole different can of worms that I'll stay away from.

Ok newbie, allow me to pour cold water on this hope. DPC has said time and again that whenever he upgrades his equipment and/or get more equipment, it's for doing more, not going faster.

Well, fortunately there are big games that should make me spend a good part of the coming year and “forget” Being a Dik until next year.
I'm especially thinking of Cities Skyline 2 and Baldur's Gate 3, which I haven't had time to do yet. I should be able to wait until next summer, at least.
That said, thank you for destroying the meager hope I had! Ahaha :LOL: ;)

Come on, I wish everyone a good night/day.

Reactions: Darkwen

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

But is he the main antagonist a antagonist for sure

• Thinking Face

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Well, fortunately there are big games that should make me spend a good part of the coming year and “forget” Being a Dik until next year.
I'm especially thinking of Cities Skyline 2 and Baldur's Gate 3, which I haven't had time to do yet. I should be able to wait until next summer, at least.
That said, thank you for destroying the meager hope I had! Ahaha :LOL: ;)

Come on, I wish everyone a good night/day.
Lots of people here have PTSD from waiting for DPC expect a December release that way if it comes sooner you get a nice surprise. But as Josy once said we totally going to make it!

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Anyone who does gaming with a good monitor of 144 refresh or above knows well that you can easily distinguish up to around 150 fps and lower in 30 fps increments.

From 30 to 60, it's literally a double increment, so very noticeable.

But it requires you to have a good monitor with minimal ghosting.
What? You are so wrong... You are mixing apples and rocks my dude. You are also mixing other things when you are watching an animated already rendered sequence. It's not the same as playing at "144 fps" where the difference is actually minimal.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes