Aug 16, 2017
By better dispostion to gender, you mean treating them like children and hand waving away their violence? No pal, you don't have the moral high ground here when you're pissed at the thought of someone fighting back if attacked.
Gender = children? I'm fucking glad I'm not your psychiatrist. Despite your attempt at deflection, what I said stands. If someone can do fuckall physical harm to you, and you use the excuse that they attacked to utterly smash them, you're the fuckwit. Not them. And I'm happy to state this fact from here to eternity.

• Haha
Reactions: KАRАMBA

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
Hi new comer here. I've heard a lot of good things about this game and would like to try it out. Which link do I download from on the first page?

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
If violence is occurring, there is no perfect solution. If a woman is in the wrong, beating on a guy, the ideal solutions would be to flee or verbally de-escalate. If that's not possible, restrain her without violence. If even that's not possible, and violence occurs, that's unfortunate. But someone assaulting another should be prepared for a similar response, regardless of gender.

Don't do to others what you don't want done to you.

It's never acceptable for a man to strike a woman first, or initiate violence with a woman. Our bodies are built stronger, and with great power comes great responsibility. :cool: (Okay that was cringe but true)

If a woman is being dangerously violent and is endangering another's wellbeing, then I could see there being just cause. Violence should always be the last resort though.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
Hi new comer here. I've heard a lot of good things about this game and would like to try it out. Which link do I download from on the first page?
Season 1-2, then Season 3 Interlude + Episode 10. At the end of season 2 you'll be asked to make a save that you can then import to season 3.

• Red Heart
Reactions: varpep

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I was a teenager myself when it happened. I was seventeen.
And the boy couldn't figure it out on his own. He was about 8-9 years old.
He was the brother of some girl who had a conflict with these girls.
They didn't find her, and decided to take it out on her brother.
Such a Jill thing to do.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Hey lads! Cool down a bit! This conversation about equality, whether one can or cannot allow one to raise a hand against a woman, will lead nowhere. It's 2020s. People are obsessed with their views and no one will give in to anyone, you will not prove anything to your opponent. Everyone will remain in their position, but they will quarrel and ruin each other’s mood.
Can we move from one retarded off-topic discussion to another retarded discussion, which at least will be about the game and on-topic?

~

Great profile picture, The Glorious LIME. Thanks for the inspiration, you gave me another dumb idea:ROFLMAO:.
Thread in recent weeks:

View attachment 3241244
posers... :cautious:

• Sad
Reactions: c.mork
Aug 16, 2017
If violence is occurring, there is no perfect solution. If a woman is in the wrong, beating on a guy, the ideal solutions would be to flee or verbally de-escalate. If that's not possible, restrain her without violence. If even that's not possible, and violence occurs, that's unfortunate. But someone assaulting another should be prepared for a similar response, regardless of gender.

It's never acceptable for a man to strike a woman first, or initiate violence with a woman. Our bodies are built stronger, and with great power comes great responsibility. :cool: (Okay that was cringe but true)

If a woman is being dangerously violent and is endangering another's wellbeing, then I could see there being just cause. Violence should always be the last resort though.
I'm glad you outlined

Glad you listed scenarios instead of the 'she hits you, you hit her' heroes on here. Your last sentence should be the absolute key. Me? A woman would have to pull a knife on me before I resorted to getting physical. I don't mean to come across as King Fucking Hero saying that, simple fact is, I've taken a lot of hits in my life. I'd cop punches, go "yeah whatever" and wrap said assailant up in a restraining hold. Fair enough, that's not for everyone. But there is ALWAYS a better avenue than 'just fucking punch her back'.

Reactions: Ekzou and Maxiom

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
When I said:
===
"Nope, not buying it.
DPC is fetching for that "Snowflake" theme for his story and I think it's lost a massive chunk of 'interests' in the story for me. "Ooooooo a wrist grab is now considered violence" fuck off!"
===

Is me saying, and putting it as politely as I can, I'm very displeased with DPC's focus on such a stupid 'topic' for Maya. Turns out I hate Derek even more now too because of it. Something he could have recorded it on his mobile and showed the cops, then have Patrick arrested! But instead he, hmmm, doesn't. The story twist is incredibly weak. But anyways, people read what they wanted into it and here we are.

So of course when it gets to how you described it when it becomes abuse. I'm not a fucking monster, but I am a very tough critic to please.

And to go further into how that entire scene ends out, I wonder if anyone's realized that when Derek takes his dad's car, he's taking a car which his dad has access to the GPS location system... I wonder if he'll track the car and stalk Bella and who ever else they drive to. I think that's about the only really interesting turnout from week-end at Maya's.

I didn't like the Episode that much. I didn't hate it either, but I was expecting more to happen on the bigger picture side of the story. I'm probably one of the very few that actually enjoyed the minigames, although the brawler was kind of on the tougher side when going for stronger opponents, grr.. But that aside, sure they're amusing. Even the new math game.
Hmm... they both were raised by him mostly single. Helen were not able to help a lot and was worse with each year. We haven't seen the whole story and how he treated them until the Maya relationship reveal. Derek said he was rough with them, but both Derek and Maya told he wasn't hitting them. But physical violence is not the only one thing that may turn child life into a nightmare. And thurthmore, they wasn't able to do anything with it. Report him in any way, then what? Who will take care about Helen? What both Maya and Derek will do after that? It was clearly pointed that their mom needed their dad. A boarding school or an orphanage?

It's both psychological and physiological. He used to hurt her this way frequently. Grabbing/holding her hands, etc. So, sometimes she cover her hand reflectively even when she just feels bad or uncomfortable, but sometimes after he abuse her, as it happened during Thanksgiving. There's no way that it happened for the first time, it was frequent and probably became especially frequent after he learned about Josy.
As much as I hate Patrick, he deserve some mercy and Derek explained it pretty well. Just put yourself in his shoes. It absolutely doesn't excuse him for what he did and still doing to Maya, but it's as it is. Derek just in a bit better situation.
It opens up better if you played the way to return to Maya early from the DIKs party in EP2. Then, she shows MC photo from graduating the school. That time Patrick already knew about Josy. J&M flashback scene happens before this photo, they talking about what it will be after graduating the school and mentioning B&R.

And all this reminds us that you can not divide everything into white and black. It won't lead to anything good and life is mostly shades of grey. Something truly white or black either does not exist or these are extreme exceptions that only confirm the rule.
If you look deeper into the situation and start looking for the culprits (which is also counterproductive), then you can even accuse Helen of being religious and it spread like a virus to Patrick later as his only escape from situation. And how brilliantly the DPC played it out. She was a religious one, full of faith and confidence, but her illness broke her down and they completely turned the tables on her husband.

He became a literal fanatic to the vows he gave her times ago. He got blinded because of this, not realising what he is doing to his children and Maya especially. Being forced to live with a parent who tricked you into a loan, not being able to escape all this because of mother, being forced to act normally with parent who said you sometime that you are "not the daughter he wanted", etc.

Aug 16, 2017
Happy to.

Objectives. We sought to examine the prevalence of reciprocal (i.e., perpetrated by both partners) and nonreciprocal intimate partner violence and to determine whether reciprocity is related to violence frequency and injury.

Methods. We analyzed data on young US adults aged 18 to 28 years from the 2001 National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which contained information about partner violence and injury reported by 11 370 respondents on 18761 heterosexual relationships.

Results. Almost 24% of all relationships had some violence, and half (49.7%) of those were reciprocally violent. In nonreciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more than 70% of the cases. Reciprocity was associated with more frequent violence among women (adjusted odds ratio [AOR]=2.3; 95% confidence interval [CI]=1.9, 2.8), but not men (AOR=1.26; 95% CI=0.9, 1.7). Regarding injury, men were more likely to inflict injury than were women (AOR=1.3; 95% CI=1.1, 1.5), and reciprocal intimate partner violence was associated with greater injury than was nonreciprocal intimate partner violence regardless of the gender of the perpetrator (AOR=4.4; 95% CI=3.6, 5.5).

Conclusions. The context of the violence (reciprocal vs nonreciprocal) is a strong predictor of reported injury. Prevention approaches that address the escalation of partner violence may be needed to address reciprocal violence.

If you'd prefer an article format, try:

I could do this all day. I work in medicine and public health and your ignorance on this subject is unsurprising. But maybe you could tone down your bad attitude, especially since you don't know what you're talking about.

Finally, I'd like to draw your attention to this quote taken from my first source:
"The context of the violence (reciprocal vs nonreciprocal) is a strong predictor of reported injury. Prevention approaches that address the escalation of partner violence may be needed to address reciprocal violence."

Notice the theme of addressing "escaltion of violence"? Protip: Your attitude of just ignoring female initiated violence is not how you prevent that escalation. You're actually pro-violence, you just don't like certain targets. "No bad tactics, only bad targets" huh? Yep, YOU'RE the piece of shit here.
Same survey: Regarding injury, men were more likely to inflict injury than were women
Same survey: approximately 1.5 million women and 835 000 men are physically assaulted or raped by intimate partners
Looks like I can cherry pick data too, given that it's from the same survey you used, you're not looking too flash right now.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
I'm glad you outlined

Glad you listed scenarios instead of the 'she hits you, you hit her' heroes on here. Your last sentence should be the absolute key. Me? A woman would have to pull a knife on me before I resorted to getting physical. I don't mean to come across as King Fucking Hero saying that, simple fact is, I've taken a lot of hits in my life. I'd cop punches, go "yeah whatever" and wrap said assailant up in a restraining hold. Fair enough, that's not for everyone. But there is ALWAYS a better avenue than 'just fucking punch her back'.
Agreed, exploring other avenues is ideal.

I can understand fight over flight if it's a super vicious woman though. If they're trying to claw your eye out or bite piece of your ear off, it's increasingly difficult to be calm. People get freaked out by spiders, further-more someone trying to disfigure them.

I never hit a woman and luckily I've never had to, but I also couldn't judge another who has been put in a tough situation. People are reacting the best way they can quickly in a super-heated moment. Tough to have a clear head there.

Temperament is another variable. If someone is raised in violence and someone attacks them, their instinct might take over and instantly defend themselves.

Reactions: azz111

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hmm... they both were raised by him mostly single. Helen were not able to help a lot and was worse with each year. We haven't seen the whole story and how he treated them until the Maya relationship reveal. Derek said he was rough with them, but both Derek and Maya told he wasn't hitting them. But physical violence is not the only one thing that may turn child life into a nightmare. And thurthmore, they wasn't able to do anything with it. Report him in any way, then what? Who will take care about Helen? What both Maya and Derek will do after that? It was clearly pointed that their mom needed their dad. A boarding school or an orphanage?

It's both psychological and physiological. He used to hurt her this way frequently. Grabbing/holding her hands, etc. So, sometimes she cover her hand reflectively even when she just feels bad or uncomfortable, but sometimes after he abuse her, as it happened during Thanksgiving. There's no way that it happened for the first time, it was frequent and probably became especially frequent after he learned about Josy.
As much as I hate Patrick, he deserve some mercy and Derek explained it pretty well. Just put yourself in his shoes. It absolutely doesn't excuse him for what he did and still doing to Maya, but it's as it is. Derek just in a bit better situation.
It opens up better if you played the way to return to Maya early from the DIKs party in EP2. Then, she shows MC photo from graduating the school. That time Patrick already knew about Josy. J&M flashback scene happens before this photo, they talking about what it will be after graduating the school and mentioning B&R.

And all this reminds us that you can not divide everything into white and black. It won't lead to anything good and life is mostly shades of grey. Something truly white or black either does not exist or these are extreme exceptions that only confirm the rule.
If you look deeper into the situation and start looking for the culprits (which is also counterproductive), then you can even accuse Helen of being religious and it spread like a virus to Patrick later as his only escape from situation. And how brilliantly the DPC played it out. She was a religious one, full of faith and confidence, but her illness broke her down and they completely turned the tables on her husband.

He became a literal fanatic to the vows he gave her times ago. He got blinded because of this, not realising what he is doing to his children and Maya especially. Being forced to live with a parent who tricked you into a loan, not being able to escape all this because of mother, being forced to act normally with parent who said you sometime that you are "not the daughter he wanted", etc.
That's a really good way of looking at it dude.
I just got so angry with Patrick for hurting Maya I wanted to kick his butt.

Stuff like the Patrick situation is why I like this game. It isn't just a boring fuckfest like most of the garbage on this site.

Reactions: dalli_x and Kpyna
Aug 16, 2017
Agreed, exploring other avenues is ideal.

I can understand fight over flight if it's a super vicious woman though. If they're trying to claw your eye out or bite piece of your ear off, it's increasingly difficult to be calm. People get freaked out by spiders, further-more someone trying to disfigure them.

I never hit a woman and luckily I've never had to, but I also couldn't judge another who has been put in a tough situation. People are reacting the best way they can quickly in a super-heated moment. Tough to have a clear head there.

Temperament is another variable. If someone is raised in violence and someone attacks them, their instinct might take over and instantly defend themselves.
Yeah it's not easy man. Had a woman at a party cracked off her head hitting others and going nuts. The situation needed de-escalating so I wrapped her in a bearhug. I copped bites to the arm, and a decent clawing when she got an arm free at one point. Did that warrant retaliation? No. Because what I could do to her was too much compared to anything she could do to me. And I do notice in true DARVO fashion, this has drifted to this stage trying to make me the bad guy from my initial comment of "gripping an arm hard enough to leave bruises is not on".

Reactions: Maxiom
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes