Faraklit

May 4, 2021
I am going to play this game but I have a question for downloading. It says season 1-2 and season 3 should I download the first 2 season then download and play the season 3 or does season 3 link contains all of the gameplay ?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, to some point i trust him... thats it. Of course he could lie his ass off all the time, what do i know about that? But if i would approach everything in life like that... well, bullet to the head would be a better idea i guess.

DPC made some posts like that a long time ago, some in discord, some on patreon, where he said that the maingirl paths and endings are already planned out beforehand, same goes for the mainplots (where we can argue which is mainplot and what not) I tend to believe him there and considered how things out of earlier episodes appear again later on its kind of obvious he did planned that way before.

"Trust" is a difficult thing, it has to be earned, especially if we are talking about DEVs on F95 games around here... lets face it, 99% of them are liars.

You can accuse DPC of many things (again, i said it, he is in general a prick) but flat out lying about the game and how he approached it? Nah, not so far.

We all know the excuses many devs give "my cat died, my dog has eaten the dead cat is dying know too because of the disease you get from eating cats, so... yeah release will not be october, it will be next month" next month... "ah i had technical issues, so yeah... not gonna happen" and so on and on and on. There is not much to be trusted about when a DEV starts giving ETAs and has one excuse after another without ever making his ETA in the first place. And ETAs are only one example... some others talk much about "going fulltime" and well, the amount of content they are creating for a release could be done in one month if they really would work 8 hours a day.... all that you cant say about DPC. So... all in all, DPC is a prick, but i wouldnt say a liar, and he has no reason to lie about the fact that he has a overall storyboard for the game from start to end for the main-parts. And that he wanted to do 16 epsiodes wasnt mentioned by him only once, but several times, why say it when he doesnt want to? No reason for that. Last time he kinda "underlined" it was with the interlude, and before the interlude he talked a lot about his work and how he has done it in the past... but that he has to change it cause he cant go on like that cause he was near a burn out.

But nontheless, he is pretty much the only DEV on F95 who makes weekly DEV reports, who else does that? And we get serious and correct numbers along the way too, who else does that? I wish he would give us more numbers, he clearly could give us some numbers now, but i guess... those numbers arent that impressive yet, so he waits for it.

If he would lie flat out about some important things, this trust is down the drain forever... so far he didnt gave a reason for that. To be sceptical or suspicious is ok, but just cause a DEV tells us something and than to think "well, i dont buy it could be shit-talk" is kinda a difficult appraoch to handle things dont you think? I would say... innocent until proven guilty and until than, i trust his word, even if it was years ago. But of course you can call that "knowledge" or that i KNOW things... but, well, thats kinda counting peas in my book.

But 99% of the DEVs around here are indeed already guilty, and i dont believe a single word from those DEVs... and i will never understand people who still throw money to them. The numbers of DEVs who i think can be trusted so far is really really small. Maybe... 10? Not more. At this date, i support 4 of them. DPC is not one of them by the way... but the reason is easy. The DEVs i support give the updates out for "small" supporters too, so i can get a update for about 10 bucks... Thats not the case with DPC, so i pay when and update comes out for one time... and thats it. But its support too i guess? Just not during the dev cycle.
your answer goes a little out of focus.

you can trust whoever you want, but to determine that DPC's word should be taken by everyone as unquestionable truth goes a bit beyond trust, it's faith.

it doesn't even sound like such a terrible lie to me, the BADIK project has been going on for 6-7 years, that in those 7 years DPC has decided on even major changes doesn't seem like a cardinal sin to me. they might even lead to an overall improvement of BADIK. but DPC would have no advantage, except honesty, to admit it, because it would create doubts and discontent anyway.

by the way, DPC's statements in which he claimed that the story was well laid out are also quite old, I would say at least a couple of years old, so they may well have BEEN true.

Reactions: DavDR

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Which lead us to this question...

What is considered main plot and what not? (DPC himself never made that clear by the way, besides the maingirls)

And to be honest, i couldnt tell anymore...

Is Maya-Tuition a mainplot? It feels like it, cause its more or less the mainfocus... but i would rather say the burke-plot is the overall "mainplot" and this had not much progress so far...

I couldnt tell what was added, or made bigger on the way... there was a lot added no doubt. One reason could be, that DPC was confident along the way that he can handle "more" but didnt thaught so at the start... i mean looking back, each epsiode got bigger and added more and more stuff, not just minigames and subplots, compared to epsidoe nowadays episode 1 is a joke...

He planned out the route for each maingirl, namely... Sage, Josy, Maya, Jill and Bella (no not Quinn), he made that very clear and it feels like it too. And than he planned out some mainplots... but iam not sure which are those mainplots, and DPC never told us, because it would kinda be a spoiler no? But we can be very sure that the Burke plot is a mainplot, and the drugs/prostitute-circle too i would say, they are even intertwined...

We have to consider here too, that DPC is capable of doing MORE than he was at the start. Just comparing Acting LEssons with being a dik now shows that... with "selfimprovement" there comes more opportunities too. And... DPC isnt able to let go of those opportunities. He rather adds something to the game instead of cutting something even if it means that it will take longer to develop everything... that goes for animations, mingames and such, like it goes for additional plots and content for already established plots too i guess. Which doesnt mean the "mainpart" isnt planned out. More like... it "improves" the whole game along the way. (or adds unnecessary things too... sadly)
the definition is quite simple: the main story is the one that has real consequences, not minor cosmetic and dialogue changes, that persist; the side stories are all the others.

I have a lot of doubts that Madame was part of the main plan, or at least that she had the role she has had up to now (a punishment for those who decide to use the VIP pass? the most uneconomical way for MC to have sex?).

I don't want to exaggerate but I would say that the 2D arts 99.99% were not planned.

i have a hard time believing that when the first chapter of BADIK came out, DPC already had the interlude on Zoey in mind as it was proposed and not just a flashback.

then there are so many scenes that seem like clarifications between DPC and the players, a kind of official response to story controversies.

Reactions: DavDR

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I wonder what kind of sex animation this is. He worked on the poses for this sex animation for almost a whole month.

Fun tip: A DIK revenge gangbang for Beth.:eek::ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I think DPC encouraged first foursome sex or group sex. He once wrote in such a way that it was very difficult for him. The only question is, which people took part in four-way sex or group sex?

I'm just wondering if the animation might have something to do with the MC's nightmarish memories?

There will be no four-way sex with Jill and Isabella. Things are different with Josy, Maya and Sage and we shouldn't forget the “other” girls. The Pink Rose Girls are also candidates for this.
A foursome is not much different from a threesome. I don't see any difficulty in creating such a scene. The partners simply pair up and pleasure each other. For example, while MC is fucking Josy, Sage is pleasuring Maya. Boring and uninteresting. In general, to understand how it works it's enough to play NLT games, where there is a lot of this sex in foursomes. And it's very boring.
Speaking of complexity, he may have something else in mind. For example, it could be shower sex and DPC would probably have to animate the water and the trickles of water running down the leg. Or if the scene takes place at a panty party, for example the scene takes place in a room full of soap bubbles and he has to draw each bubble separately in photoshop.
He never implied anywhere that it was a threesome. It could be as big a scene as the Bella scene in ep10.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
For me, Zoey is one of the “other” girls. But if it was supposed to be a Zoey sex animation, then that animation wouldn't be difficult if that animation was just with Zoey and the MC. But then it would be damn long.

Zoey said I think in Interlude so she won't be proud of a few bar incidents. I think to myself so that it was just about these age bands. But what if not?

I have another thought regarding Zoey. In EP10 she mentioned that she should have brought popcorn if the DIKs were already reenacting a horror movie, or something like that. The DIKS had a movie night, as we know, and Tommy also invited Zoey to the BBQ. Was Zoey perhaps at the DIK movie evening?

I'm also worried about Zoey. She runs into a scary forest at the BBQ and Tommy has handed out the mushrooms. Zoey also doesn't respond to the MC the day after.
We don't have the information. The only thing we know is that for some reason, DPC started creating this particular scene long before the episode was planned.
He also said that he didn't create a separate environment, but just used a ready-made one, which means that the lewd scene takes place in familiar locations. And thirdly since he created 200 renders for the obscene animations and 200 renders for the story, that means the scene is plot driven and most likely takes place some time after the ep10 ending.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
it's general knowledge that he has an outline, but he tends to change things during production.

And guess what that is true for every major production, that's why breaking bad which is arguably the greatest series ever made introduced main characters later on.
In fact series that "stick to the plan" tend to do bad, that's the reason how i met your mother is considered as having the worst finale ever, because the producers decided to stick with the finale they had pre recorded on the first season even though so much had changed since then.

So you might want to take a page out of the pros book, and ignore your own advice.
Slight correction, it's generally thought, amongst fan's of DPC, that he has an outline for the story. Personally I've never seen any convincing evidence of such an outline. As just one argument against such an outline is the fact that at various times DPC has announced ever changing numbers of episodes before BaDIK is complete

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Well, to some point i trust him... thats it. Of course he could lie his ass off all the time, what do i know about that? But if i would approach everything in life like that... well, bullet to the head would be a better idea i guess.

DPC made some posts like that a long time ago, some in discord, some on patreon, where he said that the maingirl paths and endings are already planned out beforehand, same goes for the mainplots (where we can argue which is mainplot and what not) I tend to believe him there and considered how things out of earlier episodes appear again later on its kind of obvious he did planned that way before.

"Trust" is a difficult thing, it has to be earned, especially if we are talking about DEVs on F95 games around here... lets face it, 99% of them are liars.

You can accuse DPC of many things (again, i said it, he is in general a prick) but flat out lying about the game and how he approached it? Nah, not so far.

We all know the excuses many devs give "my cat died, my dog has eaten the dead cat is dying know too because of the disease you get from eating cats, so... yeah release will not be october, it will be next month" next month... "ah i had technical issues, so yeah... not gonna happen" and so on and on and on. There is not much to be trusted about when a DEV starts giving ETAs and has one excuse after another without ever making his ETA in the first place. And ETAs are only one example... some others talk much about "going fulltime" and well, the amount of content they are creating for a release could be done in one month if they really would work 8 hours a day.... all that you cant say about DPC. So... all in all, DPC is a prick, but i wouldnt say a liar, and he has no reason to lie about the fact that he has a overall storyboard for the game from start to end for the main-parts. And that he wanted to do 16 epsiodes wasnt mentioned by him only once, but several times, why say it when he doesnt want to? No reason for that. Last time he kinda "underlined" it was with the interlude, and before the interlude he talked a lot about his work and how he has done it in the past... but that he has to change it cause he cant go on like that cause he was near a burn out.

But nontheless, he is pretty much the only DEV on F95 who makes weekly DEV reports, who else does that? And we get serious and correct numbers along the way too, who else does that? I wish he would give us more numbers, he clearly could give us some numbers now, but i guess... those numbers arent that impressive yet, so he waits for it.

If he would lie flat out about some important things, this trust is down the drain forever... so far he didnt gave a reason for that. To be sceptical or suspicious is ok, but just cause a DEV tells us something and than to think "well, i dont buy it could be shit-talk" is kinda a difficult appraoch to handle things dont you think? I would say... innocent until proven guilty and until than, i trust his word, even if it was years ago. But of course you can call that "knowledge" or that i KNOW things... but, well, thats kinda counting peas in my book.

But 99% of the DEVs around here are indeed already guilty, and i dont believe a single word from those DEVs... and i will never understand people who still throw money to them. The numbers of DEVs who i think can be trusted so far is really really small. Maybe... 10? Not more. At this date, i support 4 of them. DPC is not one of them by the way... but the reason is easy. The DEVs i support give the updates out for "small" supporters too, so i can get a update for about 10 bucks... Thats not the case with DPC, so i pay when and update comes out for one time... and thats it. But its support too i guess? Just not during the dev cycle.
Well for one Akaman, the dev of Witch Trainer and several other games, has been making a Monday post of his patreon for 313 weeks without one miss. Several other devs I follow post regularly as well. I guess you just don't follow many games

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Slight correction, it's generally thought, amongst fan's of DPC, that he has an outline for the story. Personally I've never seen any convincing evidence of such an outline. As just one argument against such an outline is the fact that at various times DPC has announced ever changing numbers of episodes before BaDIK is complete
I thought he's always been consistent about four seasons/16 episodes, with perhaps an epilogue at the end.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I thought he's always been consistent about four seasons/16 episodes, with perhaps an epilogue at the end.
I can remember post on Patreon where DPC stated 8 episodes, and later 12 episodes. 16 episodes has only been a thing for the last couple of years. In 2020 there were many questions about how long the game would be, something that DPC always answered vaguely

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes