Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I don't recall DPC ever confirming the 16 chapters...

4 chapters for 4 seasons is more our assumption
He said he was planning 4 seasons of 4 episodes each, averaging 15-17 episodes. But he said it's not a final decision yet. So he can easily extend it for one more season, explaining that the fans demand and love the game very much.

Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He said he was planning 4 seasons of 4 episodes each, averaging 15-17 episodes. But he said it's not a final decision yet. So he can easily extend it for one more season, explaining that the fans demand and love the game very much.
but you are sure?

It's normal that after 3 seasons of 4 chapters we expect the fourth to be the same too, but I don't remember DPC ever confirming this in any way, he's always been vague about the number of chapters.

otherwise 16 would be an official de facto number, to which only the epilogues could be added, instead the total number of chapters has always remained vague

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I don't recall DPC ever confirming the 16 chapters...

4 chapters for 4 seasons is more our assumption
DPC has never confirm the number but he given a ranch of 15-17 but he might have don't more then once I think the only thing we for sure there will be a 4th season because that he has confirm and another interlude. Of course plans can chance but that the only thing that official.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I can remember post on Patreon where DPC stated 8 episodes, and later 12 episodes. 16 episodes has only been a thing for the last couple of years. In 2020 there were many questions about how long the game would be, something that DPC always answered vaguely
I don't think he's ever said it would be that short, the pacing of the first 4 episodes meant it was impossible for 8 episodes to ever be possible. I've never seen him say anything other than 4 seasons, which means given each of the first two seasons were 4 episodes that around 16 episodes was always the aim.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Posing a foursome is not difficult, but DPC writes from an animation and DPC sex animations are very good. He takes into account all the movements of body parts and it makes a difference whether you do this with 3 figures or 4 figures. It also depends on the scene itself. What if all 4 are working at the same time? The MC lies down and fucks Sage. Meanwhile, Maya fucks Sage's ass and Josy sits on the MC's face while kissing Sage at the same time. That would be a challenge.
It would have been a very strange scene, especially considering Maya had never shown her dominant side, and even the opposite.
If you want to see how foursomes are likely to be presented, you can watch foursome sex scenes from the NLT games. There aren't many ready-made packs of such scenes and they are repetitive.
And besides, there's not even the slightest hint of a foursome other than some words from Maya. The unremembering between Maya and Josy is growing, the player has to balance, and so early on they decide to have a foursome?
If it does happen, it's only in the season finale, as something that's supposed to re-solidify their relationship.
I didn't read it that way or I can't remember it exactly, but I'll take you at your word. But that doesn't automatically rule Zoey out.

I strongly suspect that the foursome will have the MC present because DPC isn't known for showing us lots of or elaborate sex scenes without the MC. Therefore the whole thing will take place in a familiar environment, probably in the MC's room.
Zoey's arc ended halfway through at the end of ep10 and I expect a logical continuation for her in the form of a big solo scene. Now that she's realized she loves him, she'll admit it to him which will lead to a big scene. Given DPC's love of symbolism, this could take place against the backdrop of a snowfall or something.
Another option is a threesome between Johnny Boy, Elena, and MC. This is a really new experience for DPC, he's never animated a scene like this before.

• Thinking Face

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
but you are sure?

It's normal that after 3 seasons of 4 chapters we expect the fourth to be the same too, but I don't remember DPC ever confirming this in any way, he's always been vague about the number of chapters.

otherwise 16 would be an official de facto number, to which only the epilogues could be added, instead the total number of chapters has always remained vague
Those are his words, but I'm sure those numbers aren't final and he could easily add a few more episodes.
In fact, I believe the main game will end at episode 16 and then, as it is fashionable now, there will be a DLC in the form of an epilogue of two episodes.
I don't think there will be another Interlude because it doesn't make sense.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Those are his words, but I'm sure those numbers aren't final and he could easily add a few more episodes.
In fact, I believe the main game will end at episode 16 and then, as it is fashionable now, there will be a DLC in the form of an epilogue of two episodes.
I believe DPC said after this season there will be another interlude

• Thinking Face

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
but you are sure?

Well he said it himself in a Q&A not that long ago (again i should say, it wasnt the only time he did it) like others mentioned too, his "goal" is to set 4 episodes for 4 seasons, not including the interlude and maybe something similar (an epilogue seems kinda obvious i guess)

So yeah pretty sure... as sure as we can be. Of course, plans can change and already did... but its very unlikely that being a dik will get much more than 16 episodes... maybe he will pull something off like, release the last episode in two parts and we have a number of 17 episodes with the interlude and maybe an epilogue at the very end.

Last edited:

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I believe DPC said after this season there will be another interlude
For me, the interlude doesn't make sense because the characters are all established and their roles in the story are defined. There is no point in introducing another character.
Unless the interlude is about Lynette and her parents.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
For me, the interlude doesn't make sense because the characters are all established and their roles in the story are defined. There is no point in introducing another character.
I don't totally disagree but I think DPC did say he would do another one between season 3 and 4 but I might be wrong

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Somebody said he mentioned that there might be a interlude between Season 3 and 4.

And it wouldnt surprise me.

There are plenty things to be dealt with where a interlude would be perfect. Like some background about Jill and Bella, or maybe something about Lynette and Neil... where i would put my bet on.

And iam not against a interlude at all, if its well made and makes sense. The Zoey interlude was just... so pointless. The whole San Diego thing... wtf who cares? It doesnt add anything to the plot or her character. It would have been better to make the interlude about Zoey while she was together with the MC to understand better how deep the connection really was between them. A short fuck and the goodbye at the trainstation was not enough. The flashback when MC talked with Bella about her wasnt enough either to understand that they indeed loved each other. The whole interlude was just a wrong approach...

But making a Interlude in the first place wasnt wrong. And Zoey was the perfect character for it, with her comeback... but the the San Diego thing was jsut... a waste of time.

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Interlude. Maybe something about Bella's hubby, or Sage's graduation and departure? Most likely though, I think is something about rescuing Riona.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC commented on this in one of its questions and answers. I read that too.

Evidence from the 2020 and 2021 Q&A.
View attachment 3320292 View attachment 3320293 View attachment 3320294 View attachment 3320295
an estimate of 10 -20 episodes makes it clear that it cannot be so "official" that there are 4 seasons of 4 episodes.

furthermore that Q&A is from 2021, in that one from 2023:

How many episodes are planned?
This answer gets fine-tuned every year as development progresses. Nothing is set in stone yet, and my estimation is subject to change. My best estimate is four seasons and 15-17 episodes. We are past the halfway point now.
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9916501

17 we can also pretend that it is 16 + an epilogue, but 15 clearly means that the fourth season could also be 3 chapters.

the 2023 one should be the last Q&A

considering that in the weekly updates he writes very little about the chapter in production, I doubt he indulged in previews of the complete work

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
an estimate of 10 -20 episodes makes it clear that it cannot be so "official" that there are 4 seasons of 4 episodes.

furthermore that Q&A is from 2021, in that one from 2023:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9916501

17 we can also pretend that it is 16 + an epilogue, but 15 clearly means that the fourth season could also be 3 chapters.

the 2023 one should be the last Q&A

considering that in the weekly updates he writes very little about the chapter in production, I doubt he indulged in previews of the complete work
I just did a quick search. I started from the beginning and immediately found suitable answers in the Q&A from 2020 and 2021. Including why there have been more EPs. DPC originally planned 12 episodes.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
it will be the perfect opportunity to reach 24 months of development, in the end a surplus of concentration is necessary :WeSmart:
Could be:eek: DPC doesn't seem to have a problem with long development it and the perfect chance to make a fully animated episode maybe add ai voice acting as well very smart with his DT :WeSmart:

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: Ray_D and dalli_x

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I can remember post on Patreon where DPC stated 8 episodes, and later 12 episodes. 16 episodes has only been a thing for the last couple of years. In 2020 there were many questions about how long the game would be, something that DPC always answered vaguely
The longer he takes, the higher the earnings will be for him, at this point he will probably already pay for his children's university and as a graduation gift he will give each one a house. :KEK:

Reactions: Porthas
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes