Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
We still have 10 months of waiting boys and girls, there wont be much to discuss until we have couple of previews and a theme for the 3rd party.

However, its not that hard to predict what is going to happen. This is the first episode that starts road towards the end, so he is going to be extra vague from now on.
My prediction about the first preview.
Jill in warm clothes from the poll goes where with MC.
Don't thank me.

• Haha
Reactions: KaiserST

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Found some good post on reddit recently, regarding previews and how it should go in the future episodes as well:

u/Obi-Wan_Gregobi said:
I feel like, as we get into these later episodes of the story, more and more of the content will become too spoilery to show because the serious dramas are beginning and DPC doesn't want to give away any potential surprises or even lead people to rightly speculating on something they don't want people to know until they play the episode.

It will also be greatest when we get to the end of the game with the final episode and the epilogue because pretty much all of those renders may be too much of a spoiler to show before release and we may end up not seeing anything of those episodes before they're released.
Can't agree more with this. Preview numbers in EP11-12 and Season 4 especially probably won't grow and will be less than it was before. 30 previews for the EP10 could probably become a record and the last time DPC got this much to us.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
DPC releases status updates for Ep 11 with numbers

"That's shit, he should have done more by now!"

DPC releases status updates for Ep 11 without numbers

"Why won't he tell us anything, he's shit!"
Exactly why he's not giving numbers, they are low, this way we can only guess they're low rather than be able to confirm it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Exactly why he's not giving numbers, they are low, this way we can only guess they're low rather than be able to confirm it.
This early on numbers are pretty meaningless this time last year there was people that thought we would have a release by May or June

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
ReallyNotTina picked “Pinky” as her MC’s name… because she’s his brain. I told her Dr. PinkCake uses “Pink” as his MC’s name, and her response was
GF. VINDICATION! I… have… been… vindicated. Yes!
Me. Yeah, but he uses that because his name is Pink. It’d be like naming your guy ReallyNotTina.​
GF. That’d be weird.​
Me. Which is why I don’t name him ReallyNotTimmy.​
GF. No; it’s weird because giving him a girl’s name is weird. I don’t have a problem with ReallyNotTimmy.​
Me. Of course you don’t; it’s my name.​
GF. But I don’t mind switching him to Trey once we’re able to. Then he’ll match all your other saves, and you’ll stop telling me, “Now put your Pinky inside her.”​
Me. You know it’s a solid joke.​
GF. Solid dad joke.​
Me. Oh fuck you; you say “dad joke” every time it’s wordplay you don’t like. How come your puns aren’t “mom jokes”?​
GF. I’m a girl; I get to have double standards.​
Me. Very Republican of you.​
GF. Oh fuuuuuuck you.​

But enough of our sexy banter. Time to take our Sage run to Episode 7! We did it a day earlier than usual, so you get it a day earlier than usual.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It turns out that from the DIK options you have:
- Smoking weed with Quinn, Ep.4
-Punch Tybalt, Ep.5
- Fight with Tommy, Ep.6
- Take fake ID, Ep.6
- - Kick the alphas out of the party, Ep.7.
More DIK choices next will result in
permanent neutral affinity.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It was actually expected given the ending of ep10. The ending hints at some drama on the Sage, Others and Maya/Josy branch, so it's no wonder there's no preview.
Some sort of plot crisis won't last long, the game's narrative is jumpy after all.
So I guess the first one will be Jill's preview, simply because she doesn't have any unexpected twists and turns and is generally quiet.
take the most meaningful scene you can think of, scroll through it one render at a time, and at least you'll find a couple that are publishable for sure.

He must have very few of them for him to have started from the heart of the scene and have nothing to show, or he has devoted himself to environments that would not be an appreciated preview

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is it just my opinion or episodes 9-10 are not as good as the previous ones ? Of course, there are lots of different path to build, but the stories looks shorter end shorter... Waiting one long year for this is quite disappointing even if i still want to know what happen next (with Riona...)
About the amount of content (per playthrough) :

Splitting the game into 5 exclusive paths has the effect that the player sees less content on every path.
If we assume a split of ca 50% content for base story and 10% content for each of the 5 paths (for variations of scenes, side events), then a single playthrough of Ep. 9-10 would cover only ca. 60% content compared to maybe 80% in Season 1-2 where a playthrough could include several of the Main Girls.

The party planning mini-game for the Halloween party features twice the content than can be seen in one playthrough. You need to play the party twice to see all the events.

Additionally the number of lewd scenes is not distributed evenly on all paths, so if you play eg. Jill or Bella you have less content compared to other paths.

Lewd Scenes in Interlude + Episode 9-10 :
- Interlude : 2
- Others : 17 (Jade, Cathy, Nora, Lily, Nicole, Camila, Riona, Sara & Mel, Quinn, Heather, Madame)
- Sage : 5
- Josy & Maya : 6
- Isabella : 3
- Jill : 3

About the quality of writing :

This is a difficult topic.
+ I liked the Halloween party very much. Great ideas, renders, animations, music, ... Episode 10 content was also fine.
- What I disliked was the forced decision to choose between Others and a monogamous path with one of the Main Girls (Sage, MJ, Bella, Jill) at the end of Episode 8. This lead to a lot of artificial drama where mc broke up with all the (other) Main Girls. Most of the scenes were completely out of character where he dumped his (girl)friends to now concentrate only on his true love. I had a Season 1-2 CHICK game where mc was loving friend with Sage, Josy, Maya, Bella and Jill ... maximum drama and tears.
- It should have been a player decision if mc breaks up with the girls or not. If several girls are in love with mc, they could have talked about it and maybe find a sharing/harem solution instead of mc dumping them.
- The 5 exclusive paths mean that you now have to play at least 5 times through Season 3 (with all the free roams) to see all the content. In Season 1-2 it was sufficient to do 2-3 runs.
- As result of the path decision the game became more kinetic ... the mc now spends more time with his girlfriend but there are less decisions ... the player has no influence how the relationship evolves, it is mostly kinetic writing.
- There is much less interaction with the other girls. The gameplay felt different and lonely compared to Season 1-2 gameplay. As mentioned above on some paths it also reduced the number of lewd scenes drastically since mc now automatically turns down other girls if he is in a relationship.
- On the Others path mc now tries to talk the girls into a serious relationship instead of just having fun together.
- Many of the date events felt "out of character", some were just funny. mc had sleepovers and sex with most of the girls before, so no need to go out on a date to talk and see if you want to try sex and sleepover with each other ... Sage seemed to be completely out of character except when she talked about anal sex in the restaurant ... (After the first dialog in the HOT swimming pool I actually expected a foursome Sage+Camila+Heather+ mc with pizza as date.)

As a summary : high quality game ruined by 5 exclusive paths

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Wouldn't be at all surprised if that was why. For example given the teasers for the next episode in the last two, anything that happens in Bella's home is probably in DPCs mind a giant spoiler.
we've been around Bella's house enough, so unless he's devoted his heart and soul to the famous closed room (finding out what's in it when they're all there would be unexpected) I don't think he has much left to create

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
we've been around Bella's house enough, so unless he's devoted his heart and soul to the famous closed room (finding out what's in it when they're all there would be unexpected) I don't think he has much left to create
I don't think it's the location itself so much as preview renders are typically aimed at showing a character in a certain situation (see the teasers for Ep 10 of Nicole that suggested there'd be some form of date night with the player). So for example, given there's meant to be a big confrontation in Bella's house coming up, if he's currently doing renders for that location then showing any character there would likely spoil that character's involvement in that confrontation.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I don't think it's the location itself so much as preview renders are typically aimed at showing a character in a certain situation (see the teasers for Ep 10 of Nicole that suggested there'd be some form of date night with the player). So for example, given there's meant to be a big confrontation in Bella's house coming up, if he's currently doing renders for that location then showing any character there would likely spoil that character's involvement in that confrontation.
So do a preview of Bella then, Bella being in Bella's house is not a spoiler. In fact Maya and Sage being there would not be a spoiler either as that's where they were headed at the end of ep 10 (if you told Josy about Chad and Troy.

• Haha
Reactions: jd8097619

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Don't put words in my mouth, if he's only done less than a hundred renders then that would be disappointing, I think that's the situation we're in, he's only started on renders this week, which is why he is now thinking about preview renders for the first time two months after the release, he couldn't provide one when he had zero renders done.

True, but last time he hadn't done many animations by this stage which is why he had done a lot of renders.

DPC's said that with his new setup he has dedicated animation workstations and dedicated render workstations, but reading between the lines on the updates it seems he can only do animations or renders at one time and he can't do both. Whether he overestimated what his stations could do but doesn't want to admit it, or his electricity supply couldn't handle it, but he won't admit he made a mistake thinking it could before upgrading I don't know.
I don't how a lot about Daz hence my bad renders well that in lack of skill, but I believe you can only to one render at a time in daz which is why DPC has so many computers

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
you're talking about a group image, which will definitely be there, but there will definitely also be single close-ups (which are the ones most used in previews).

the fact that in the next chapter we will be at Bella's house is for sure, we may not know if Jill's lawyer will be involved or if MC will make it in time to go to her father's (other 2 events however very likely). i would consider it a spoiler-free preview

Reactions: ChipLecsap

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
i would consider it a spoiler-free preview
Depends on what DPC considers spoiler-free at the end of the day though, and they like to play things close to the chest from what they've spoken about during development so far. If they've only done static renders for a couple of days following a period of animations I can imagine they're still only posing static scenes and/or the stuff done so far is spoilery. I'm sure stuff will start getting previewed soon enough.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes