Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Throughout Ep.10, every time Josy started talking about her feelings again, I was like: Damn it, woman, leave me alone! I already told you that I'm with Sage/someone :sneaky: /Jill! This is DPC’s mistake, maybe he did it according to his own views, but he can’t make everyone feel empathy for Josy and some people just don’t like girls who keep hanging on to you. They must remember that no means NO.

And a small bonus, something you should like:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course if no really meant no why go see her, one could blame dpc for forcing it but isn't it based on player pass choice, personally I wouldn't blame a girl for making a move when I invited her to and by going to see Josy in ep 10 you invited her too it doesn't matter if player doesn't want to see that, mc still invited her to do that

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
No, I didn't mean it like that. Josy probably already knew about the rules of a "Beard" agreement before the MC blurred out Steve's picture. Josy and Maya had been separated for a while at this point and Maya was already having problems with Patrick. She had to find a solution, so they knew beforehand.

But good to write it again. What if Josy's reaction to the MC's "Steve Beard" artwork was a DPC teaser of what's to come?

Josy: "That's perfect! That's just what I see when I look at him."

But Steve will not have been the "beard" of Josy, but of Maya, because Josy's family did not know that she was in a relationship with Maya.
Steve doesn't have anything to do with this. I'm talking about what Chad did to Sage and that's where Josy got the idea not a bread on someone face. These are totally unrelated, MC can't be a beard since he is dating Maya and Josy so they not using him like that but he can grow a beard

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
How should I keep the bar at neutral/chick affinity?
There are 7 Major (DIK) Choices up to this point in Ep 4 :
Ep 1 - Beat up Troy
Ep 1 - Get the number of Quinn's restaurant
Ep 2 - Mini-mart : Ignore Steve
Ep 2 - Gym : Fight the Jocks
Ep 3 - The Pink Rose : Party without limits
Ep 3 - Gender Studies (Jade) : Take it further
Ep 4 - Roof : Smoke weed

Make 3 DIK and 4 CHICK choices for neutral/chick affinity.
You can check mc's phone for the current affinity.
The game mechanic is explained ingame when you reach the first Major Choice in the scene with Troy.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Compressed? Search function doesn't work on f95, and they removed them from the OP of all threads for no reason.
Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [Dr PinkCake]

NOTE: If you have my previous compressed copy, you can just get the patch.

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
- GOOGLE DRIVE - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN

COMPRESSED: PATCH ONLY (only needed if you are running any version below v0.10.0)
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

PATCH ONLY: Use this ONLY on top of v0.10.0, nothing else.
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN <--Make sure to thank Bob69 for that you filthy animals :whistle:

Reactions: SilentType

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
True, Jill does indeed react more negatively toward a Dik affinity guy, but that is kind of a wider subject, you know my stance about the whole affinity system.

as for josy, also true, but it also a wider subject. episode 5 is the one where you actually can get a closure as a player. I think you might even decide to not be there when Josy's father arrive, - I'm not sure never tired it, so i dont know if the game force you to either help josy or go to find maya, - but generaly speaking you get a chance to have a conversation with them, and only after you get the choice to tell Derek what you as the player feel, and from that point it indeed can be interprated as a one sided crush, but the recet episode when you visit Josy still give the implication, that " Yeah girl its to late now, I'm with someone else "

its a bit complicated when its come to Josy and Maya, I used to think dpc write himself in to a corner, but I think now, that he wrote himself into a freaking Maze and he not find the way out in an organic way , so to speak, thanks to his previous miss-steps. They are the earliest that can shut the player down from their path, and that also happen at least 2 different way.
He over complicated the things a lot when its comes to them.
affinity is a strange mechanism and one that all characters seem to suffer, MC suffers it, so it becomes a kind of prejudice, but LIs also suffer it, who it is true actively reject MC, but do so almost unwillingly.

but in my opinion the issue goes beyond affinity. the fact that there are so many possible situations is a merit of the game, so with all the limitations we still have to be happy about it as players. but the continuous multiplication of scenarios has made it necessary for BADIK to have a series of obligatory "crossroads" (not just the one in the chapter named after it) to pass through, which reset in part what we did before. they are "technical" simplifications that help DPC pull the strings of the narrative, from our point of view as players they are forcings that we have to accept.

staying with the main one: we find ourselves in the situation of having to manage a choice that in most games has only one option or 2 (but with only one logical choice) when in our game we have already made it implicitly and explicitly.
so we have to give up Bella even though we have only drunkenly kissed her, Sage when we have never encouraged her in any way, Jill even though our date was little more than a sports afternoon, Maya and Josy when we have declared to both them and Derek that we are only interested in them as friends (not being able to emancipate ourselves from that as well).

unfortunately, even that was a fake decision, so we end up at the Halloween party with Jill dressed as a sexy bee (what is she doing at that party? what's the point of her being there?), Sage continuing to wag her tail around us like a puppy in a kennel, Bella taking us to yoga just to test us (of what? why?) and Josy continuing in her long, long grieving.

to me what is most disturbing is their passivity (so all in all Josy's Chapter 10 is for me less worse than some of her other performances), this constant sighing in the background, while we either don't care, or even if we did we are prevented by DPC from doing anything useful.

alarm767

Jan 18, 2018
Im I the only one here who think this game sucks? First half of season 1 was great, after that, sorry bullshit. 80% of the updates is minigames and sandbox shit. The only thing I love is that this is not a harem game.

Reactions: 04Fireac

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Because of her financial situation, Quinn now sells Dawe sugar pills that she passed off as birth control pills. Damn, I don't know when we'll find out about Quinn's sugar pills, but I don't think it matters because Quinn couldn't sell the sugar pills to Dawe before EP5.
EP5 is just like 1 day. It starts Saturday Night with the DIK's failed Hell Week Evaluation party and moves on to the preps party, then Bella's house and next day meeting with the DIKs.

Saturday night after the preps party Tommy and Quinn talk about money and the sugar pills :

qu "Dawe stopped ordering birth control pills."
tm "Birth control pills?"
qu "Yeah, there's some stuff in it that's good for muscle growth."
qu "Not that he will see it, because lately, I've been selling him sugar pills to turn a bigger profit."

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
When dalli_x expounds his craziest theories, I get lost. Either he really thinks that the game will go according to such fantasy / thriller / fairy tale scenarios, or he just makes 100 shots to hit only 1 target, like a betting on the whole table and fields in roulette. In the first case, it is sad, in the second case such theories lose their value, because there is not much joy from the fact that one bet out of 100 won, it is not a victory but a waste of time, because you can "guess" absolutely anything with such approach, and something will work sometime. You can be considered a "winner" if you are consistent, adhere to a certain logic and several theories or even single ones, defend them and subsequently if some of them come true, at least partially - then there is some joy and sense in it. While filling the entire space with information noise and sitting around waiting for some of this to work or come true is absurd, imo.

Regarding Maya in general and example you chosed to explain you point. I think you misunderstand the meaning of narrative linkage tricks which is made and intended to connect different playstyles together and a part of writing of the story. The theories regarding characters or their connections in general as well as ones regarding the plot are mostly another thing. If we theorize about what some character would do with MC or what motivated him to do something, then your example with Maya is a narrative feature and trick partially. Most of the time you won't get any hints from it. It's like asking yourself - why Josy likes MC and will always like. Because it's her feature. She is written in this way. It's like to ask why ice-cream is sweet. It's both part of the genre feature and part of the narrative in case with BADIK.

I can't agree with most of the part regarding affinity and other things you mentioned here, either.

Any proofs that Maya is "fixated" on a DIK MC? You don't get RP points with her being a DIK or even lose some. Josy is more tolerate, but still doesn't like MC being a DIK with her, same thing goes with RPs. They both are "fixated" on MC in general. But at important moment of time his affinity (personality) makes a deciding factor to them.

Even Josy doubts in DIK MC before the library scene. Even fucking her at their date doesn't help here:

Code:
js "Talk to her. Talk to us!"
js "I've realized I already made my bed with my choices..."

if ep2_fuckedJosy and affinity != "DIK":
    js "...but if I got the chance to go back and change them...I wouldn't."

elif True:
    js "...and if I got the chance to go back and change them...maybe I would. I'm not sure..."
Why it's so? Because solo paths are not so complicated and you don't need to get the approval of another relationship participant. Throuple is a more delicate thing and especially at that moment of time. DIK MC sound and act mostly as a womanizer and they wanted feelings at the first place and to make it work out at the second.

Regarding the party - it's fully depends on your choice. If you roleplay your MC as a party guy and "parties first, girls next" then you going to the party. If your MC is interested in Maya he will offer her to make their own little party and then come back early. If you roleplaying a womanizer you can make your MC to pretend as a good guy, while fucking everything that moves and Maya would become just a one of them. You can promise her to help with scavenger tasks and go to have a 3-some with Quinn. It's not a choice between "1" and "2" but a much more complex one.

---

If you'll play the game after Season 2 only with one branch you will only get content for your choosen path. The "canon" part is still visible, but you can easily feel and tell the difference. When you romancing all MGs and a bunch of SGs at a time in Season 1-2 and how then it looks and feels in Season 3. This is where a lot of controversy and discontent comes from some players who want to see and go through everything in 1-2 runs. Well. You are playing the game. Each game have it's own rules. You may accept them and have fun, disagree and abandon it or try to use cheats and get fucked :ROFLMAO: Because to "de-branch" the game - the modder must literally rewrite most part of the code, remove all checks and traps and fix all potential conflicts. Even after such hypothetical fix game would most likely look ridicolous. For example EP9 with different characters outfits and mixing then in one playthrough. It named "replayability". You can complete almost any game just one time, but you deprive yourself from getting through all possible content, endings, interactions, etc. Your right to sacrifice it, but where the author is wrong? He planned and writen the story and it's impossible to tell such story without branching, because author in his game implies different endings, while most of them dedicated to choosen LI path. Excuses and petitions like the "let us fool around till the end and move the path choice from EP8 to the last episode" is absolutely ridicolous. Don't tell an artist how to draw a picture, how to write music for a musician, how to write a book for a writer. You either like the result or not, or you find some compromises. Everything else is kindergarten.

Some things are always forced, like in any movie/book/tv show. Difference with games like BADIK is ability to make some choice (at some point), some things will still stay linear till the end, while some will change according to your choices. The most important is if they just decorative or emulate the feeling of choice or they are really changing something significantly. True interactivity, not the fake one. Imo, the more true interactivity you get in games like BADIK the greater game is. 1-run lovers will scream and piss, though.
I don't know why write such a big post on such a simple thought. Are you guys really not lazy to write so many letters?
The game is designed in such a way that a player who just started the game can go for Maya or Josy's solo after ep10 even being an Affinity Dik player, which generally devalues the scene in ep4.
The game certainly has suspensions of disbelief, ludonarrative dissonances, and just trivial plot inconsistencies. There's nothing wrong with that. DPC is growing as an author and developer. He makes mistakes and learns.
For example, there are a lot of weird things in ep10 that have been said more than once. Derek's strange motivation, some excessive and even cruel humiliation of Tybalt, incomprehensible complexity with the code for the sake of some hypothetical Sage & Camila.
Okay, I accept that. DPC is not Liu Cixin, and he didn't write The Three-Body Problem. Sometimes you have to make some obvious or non-obvious mistake to get the plot moving.
On the other hand, it seems strange to me to see some deep meaning in these obvious plot inconsistencies and to theorize unnecessarily. But that's just my opinion. The game comes out once a year and I don't see anything wrong to see some hidden clue in a poster or a poorly written phrase in the dialog. People are bored, I get it.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
EP5 is just like 1 day. It starts Saturday Night with the DIK's failed Hell Week Evaluation party and moves on to the preps party, then Bella's house and next day meeting with the DIKs.

Saturday night after the preps party Tommy and Quinn talk about money and the sugar pills :

qu "Dawe stopped ordering birth control pills."
tm "Birth control pills?"
qu "Yeah, there's some stuff in it that's good for muscle growth."
qu "Not that he will see it, because lately, I've been selling him sugar pills to turn a bigger profit."

I still laugh my ass off every time when Quinn finds out Arieth is preggers due to her fake pills :ROFLMAO:

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
Wow...We have a philosopher simp here.
View attachment 3348822
yeah, his love for josy has clearly driven him bat shit crazy.
that comment feels like he is getting close to making josy a religion, and dropping posts that read like sermons.
that would just be awkward ......... ;).......:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

jk. i dont drop in much anymore, but im glad that very little has changed. fight on, waifu warriors!

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Of course if no really meant no why go see her, one could blame dpc for forcing it but isn't it based on player pass choice, personally I wouldn't blame a girl for making a move when I invited her to and by going to see Josy in ep 10 you invited her too it doesn't matter if player doesn't want to see that, mc still invited her to do that
Partially there is a player choice, the game chooses if you chose "Still have feelings for Josy/Maya in Ep.5". She says the same thing if you had no residual feelings for her and chose to go to her. So Josy’s feelings for MC are a constant, unlike us on the other side of the screen.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
that comment feels like he is getting close to making josy a religion, and dropping posts that read like sermons.

jk. i dont drop in much anymore, but im glad that very little has changed. fight on, waifu warriors!
Weird that he don't used my gift for his pfp
sj2.png

• Love
Reactions: Darkwen

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

I'll build an empire for Goddess Josy not a religion

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes