felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
small correction, there is a mandatory Date With Jill, the Tennis date. (y) oh and there was an unavoidable Bella Date, that lead to MC getting drunk and kiss Bella. I think there is at least 1-2 moment that is fully unavoidable with every main girl for the sake of plot, Sage might have the least, or more specifically Sage is the one where the player get a choice how to react to her approach. in this list Bella is the second, out side of the drunk scene there is one more scene where MC goes to thank her, and they end up kissing in the library. Jill has the mandatory Date, MC climbing at her balcony ask her out on a date. Wiht Maya you get a bit more freedome also, one mandatory kissing scene, but everythign else is player choice, Josy is the one that is Really a canon no matter what MC has feelign for her at least until episode 5, where you get the first choice to say, I fully moved on

now with zoey arrival, I would say, at least this is how I see it that, the canon girls are Zoey and Josy, I might add Jill a bit, because before Zoey arival , the plot was a bit of MC leaving his old crush Josy, and meet his new crush Jill and it is so awkward when the two of them develop a friendship , at least for MC , the plot was kind of lean in to this a bit, - until dpc decided Zoey need to come back - , but this was a very visible concept of the earlier episodes, of course there was also implemented a free for all playstyle at the same time , but episode 4 was the first so called turning point where things started to deviate from each other.

in short, Josy and Jill was already serving the " ex-girlfriend come back scenarios " in some extend , so Zoey really add nothing to the game that was already not there. thats why she not really works, because the game not started with MC tending his wounded heart because of Zoey, but it started with him gushing over Josy, and he start a new chapter in his live with the possibility of never finding out what might have been, until Josy arival at B&R.

and if MC decide to stay friend with them or they reject MC in episode 4, this whole concept of " What could have been " is still an ongoing plot, in some extent regarding MC and Josy.

so whether folks like it or not, but you are a bit right, Josy is every possible way the Canon Girl of the story of Badik , so looks like she is one of the most important character after all.:whistle:
:coffee:
a small correction to the small correction.

with Jill it is true that there is an unavoidable date, but it is also true that before this date there is a choice by the player, whether to go there out of interest in Jill or to spite Tybalt, and during the date there is no repentance in this. and Jill, depending on how MC behaves (more out of affinity than direct choices) may not have a great impression of him.

with Josy what is inevitable is the crush between the 2 and the 2 dates Josy arranges. but they really talk to each other 2 times, and say goodbye to each other at least 2 times (canon). so there remains a crush and more on Josy's part.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Is there any where to see which decisions have an impact on which outcomes? For example, on my first run Sage was with us when we went to Maya/Derek's home. Second time round, she was not.

Wondering whether that had an impact on the successful of the "mission" or not. There's so many other things I'm keen to see too.
Oh yes. You either can:

1) play and see the outcome after a few episodes;
2) or read the walkthroughs;
3) or decompile the code game and read it.

Sage being with you / not being with you doesn't change the outcome, BUT it's crystal clear to me that you get a far more interesting / better story if she is with you.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is there any where to see which decisions have an impact on which outcomes? For example, on my first run Sage was with us when we went to Maya/Derek's home. Second time round, she was not.

Wondering whether that had an impact on the successful of the "mission" or not. There's so many other things I'm keen to see too.
If you look at the character biographies on mc's phone you can see all important player decisions regarding each character. This may give a hint why some characters react different compared to a previous playthrough.

And as already mentioned in the post above : If you want to have the full picture, read the Official Walkthroughs linked in the OP under Extras or use "unren" tool to extract and decompile the script files.

Reactions: dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
a small correction to the small correction.

with Jill it is true that there is an unavoidable date, but it is also true that before this date there is a choice by the player, whether to go there out of interest in Jill or to spite Tybalt, and during the date there is no repentance in this. and Jill, depending on how MC behaves (more out of affinity than direct choices) may not have a great impression of him.

with Josy what is inevitable is the crush between the 2 and the 2 dates Josy arranges. but they really talk to each other 2 times, and say goodbye to each other at least 2 times (canon). so there remains a crush and more on Josy's part.
True, Jill does indeed react more negatively toward a Dik affinity guy, but that is kind of a wider subject, you know my stance about the whole affinity system.

as for josy, also true, but it also a wider subject. episode 5 is the one where you actually can get a closure as a player. I think you might even decide to not be there when Josy's father arrive, - I'm not sure never tired it, so i dont know if the game force you to either help josy or go to find maya, - but generaly speaking you get a chance to have a conversation with them, and only after you get the choice to tell Derek what you as the player feel, and from that point it indeed can be interprated as a one sided crush, but the recet episode when you visit Josy still give the implication, that " Yeah girl its to late now, I'm with someone else "

its a bit complicated when its come to Josy and Maya, I used to think dpc write himself in to a corner, but I think now, that he wrote himself into a freaking Maze and he not find the way out in an organic way , so to speak, thanks to his previous miss-steps. They are the earliest that can shut the player down from their path, and that also happen at least 2 different way.
He over complicated the things a lot when its comes to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
True, Jill does indeed react more negatively toward a Dik affinity guy, but that is kind of a wider subject, you know my stance about the whole affinity system.

as for josy, also true, but it also a wider subject. episode 5 is the one where you actually can get a closure as a player. I think you might even decide to not be there when Josy's father arrive, - I'm not sure never tired it, so i dont know if the game force you to either help josy or go to find maya, - but generaly speaking you get a chance to have a conversation wiht them, and only after you get the choice to tell Derek what you as the player feel, and from that point it indeed can be interprated as a one sided crush, but the recet episode when you visit Josy still give the implication, that " Yeah girl its to late now, I'm with someone else "

its a bit complicated when its come to Josy and Maya, I used to think dpc write himself in to a corner, but I think now, that he wrote himself into a freaking Maze and he not find the way out in an organic way , so to speak, thanks to his previous miss-steps. They are the earliest that can shut the play down from their path, and that also happen at least 2 different way.
He over complicated the things a lot when its comes to them.
Josy would be in love with the player anyway regardless of his actions. The player just won't know it.
I don't see this as any kind of canonicality, but just plain ego on the part of DPC.
It's no secret that the MC is DPC's own Marty Sue.
The player will be happy to see that Josy will be in love with him anyway, even if he's in a relationship with another girl and has no intention of breaking up with her. The same goes for Zoey.
You could call it something like a pseudo-harem or even an anti-harem. The game isn't really harem by definition, but it is harem-like in the sense that the girls around MC are still hanging around and suffering from love for him.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Josy would be in love with the player anyway regardless of his actions. The player just won't know it.
I don't see this as any kind of canonicality, but just plain ego on the part of DPC.
It's no secret that the MC is DPC's own Marty Sue.
The player will be happy to see that Josy will be in love with him anyway, even if he's in a relationship with another girl and has no intention of breaking up with her. The same goes for Zoey.
You could call it something like a pseudo-harem or even an anti-harem. The game isn't really harem by definition, but it is harem-like in the sense that the girls around MC are still hanging around and suffering from love for him.
The player will be happy to see that Josy will be in love with him anyway,

No they dont, did you not saw all the comments when people freak out about how Josy forced herself on MC and raped him in the latest episode?! :cautious:

Sep 26, 2023
Meh, the players will be happy to see that Josy and Zoey aren't fucking other guys. That's a shame because that would be super hot but the anti-NTR crowd is more insecure than a virgin in a brothel and DPC has no guts.

Only hardcore Josy simps begging for a Josy solo path may have found that flattering. Obviously most players in a relationship with another LI were more annoyed that anything. Check the average reaction on reddit.

screen_01.png

And if haters like me were supposed to feel sorry for her complete lack of dignity, that's another EPIC FAIL, DPC !

ep10_fr1_sage_event6.jpg ep10_fr1_sage_event7.png

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
is that the case? She has a bunch of the DIK pictures, but the Cathy flyer? My hypothesis is that she rather posts those DIK photos as a revenge for Cathy, blaming them that she had to quit?!

Granted one could argue that she would take that picture down first and then post the DIK pictures if that would be the case. :unsure:
EP8 left | EP10 right
pay attention to hands, nails and outfit

ep8_ending14b.jpg ep10_ending4.jpg

maya "I'll help remove the posters I find."
mc "Could you?"
maya "Yeah, it's not a problem. I did it with Cathy's posters, too."
maya "I don't get it. Even after she quit, someone still puts them up in the hallways."

We know that Cathy quit at the EP7, while Beth continued to spread this posters in EP8 and so far.

Something tells me that Dawe won't be an Alphas president anymore :whistle:

ConejoSSJ

Nov 4, 2019
What are the steps to follow to have a threesome with the black-haired girl and the other white-haired girl, I was never really able to access them, they ended up rejecting me.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
We know that Cathy quit at the EP7, while Beth continued to spread this posters in EP8 and so far.
The Cathy posters are still negatively associated with the DIKs, so they should still work as anti-DIK-advertisement.

My impression after Ep 10 is that the Chad and Alpha stories are mostly finished. The alphas are now busy training for competition next year and will even sacrifice parties for this goal.
Dawe and the Arieth pregnancy story will likely continue for more jokes ... for Dawe the paternity test regarding Arieth baby should be important theme ... and if he acknowledges paternity, he will likely drop out and need a job to support his small family, maybe in the gym of his parents.

There are only 4 story episodes left, so DPC is likely already in clean up mode to finish all the small storylines.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
What are the steps to follow to have a threesome with the black-haired girl and the other white-haired girl, I was never really able to access them, they ended up rejecting me.
Do you mean Josy and Maya in Ep 4? Please add names or a screenshot ...
see the walkthroughs in OP under "Extras" ...

For Josy + Maya :
- "Try for something more"
- fuck Josy in Ep2 or fuck Maya in Ep3
- neutral/chick affinity

Reactions: ConejoSSJ

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
Beefs with jocks is far from over. Caleb and MC will throw hands sooner or later.

I think by the end of season 3, alphas will turn into background npcs.

Main 2 arcs of season 4 are going to be MC discovering more about his past and his mother's family and tracking down whoever is fucking with DIK's.

Thats the way I see it. And it makes sense, because he can't drag Maya's loan into season 4, and with Rionna getting kidnapped and Burke leaving, its going to be hard for Quinn to keep secrets, and it's time for Mona to return.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
EP8 left | EP10 right
pay attention to hands, nails and outfit

View attachment 3348031 View attachment 3348033

maya "I'll help remove the posters I find."
mc "Could you?"
maya "Yeah, it's not a problem. I did it with Cathy's posters, too."
maya "I don't get it. Even after she quit, someone still puts them up in the hallways."

Okay, I didn't remember that render from Ep. 8, but that seems rather conclusive. :unsure:

Reactions: Kpyna

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Our main problem in discussing theories of this game, which gives rise to multi-page theories, is that we do not consider the game holistically, but only piecemeal.
DPC looks at the game as a whole product, in his mind there is a beginning and an end.
Once the game is finished and released on steam, the player will play it as a holistic project, without months of waiting and digging into the code. The player is unlikely to go through more than two branches. And in order for the player to have a lot of freedom of action, he needs to be given a wide variation, and often very strange.
When dalli_x expounds his craziest theories, I get lost. Either he really thinks that the game will go according to such fantasy / thriller / fairy tale scenarios, or he just makes 100 shots to hit only 1 target, like a betting on the whole table and fields in roulette. In the first case, it is sad, in the second case such theories lose their value, because there is not much joy from the fact that one bet out of 100 won, it is not a victory but a waste of time, because you can "guess" absolutely anything with such approach, and something will work sometime. You can be considered a "winner" if you are consistent, adhere to a certain logic and several theories or even single ones, defend them and subsequently if some of them come true, at least partially - then there is some joy and sense in it. While filling the entire space with information noise and sitting around waiting for some of this to work or come true is absurd, imo.

So, for example, why is Maya fixated on the DIK MC and admits to thinking about him even though she herself rejected him because of his status? A player can avoid her altogether the entire game, but Maya has feelings for him for some strange reason? It made more sense to make Maya exclusive to Chick, but DPC realizes that the path of the Others is mostly players with DIK affinity and he therefore gives the option for everyone to go the path of Maya.
I am of the opinion that the theory that someone expounds should reflect his vision of the game and what he assumes or would like to see implemented in it (at least partially). And only then goes arguing about the meanings and so on.
That kiss doesn't mean anything at all. He's kissed practically every girl in the game.
Also, the MC doesn't act like he's in love with Maya.
He leaves to party all night in ep2 even though it's obvious Maya wants to spend time with him. He may go off for a threesome with Riona and Quinn and leaves Maya alone in the room again.
Regarding Maya in general and example you chosed to explain you point. I think you misunderstand the meaning of narrative linkage tricks which is made and intended to connect different playstyles together and a part of writing of the story. The theories regarding characters or their connections in general as well as ones regarding the plot are mostly another thing. If we theorize about what some character would do with MC or what motivated him to do something, then your example with Maya is a narrative feature and trick partially. Most of the time you won't get any hints from it. It's like asking yourself - why Josy likes MC and will always like. Because it's her feature. She is written in this way. It's like to ask why ice-cream is sweet. It's both part of the genre feature and part of the narrative in case with BADIK.

I can't agree with most of the part regarding affinity and other things you mentioned here, either.

Any proofs that Maya is "fixated" on a DIK MC? You don't get RP points with her being a DIK or even lose some. Josy is more tolerate, but still doesn't like MC being a DIK with her, same thing goes with RPs. They both are "fixated" on MC in general. But at important moment of time his affinity (personality) makes a deciding factor to them.

Even Josy doubts in DIK MC before the library scene. Even fucking her at their date doesn't help here:

Code:
js "Talk to her. Talk to us!"
js "I've realized I already made my bed with my choices..."

if ep2_fuckedJosy and affinity != "DIK":
    js "...but if I got the chance to go back and change them...I wouldn't."

elif True:
    js "...and if I got the chance to go back and change them...maybe I would. I'm not sure..."
Why it's so? Because solo paths are not so complicated and you don't need to get the approval of another relationship participant. Throuple is a more delicate thing and especially at that moment of time. DIK MC sound and act mostly as a womanizer and they wanted feelings at the first place and to make it work out at the second.

Regarding the party - it's fully depends on your choice. If you roleplay your MC as a party guy and "parties first, girls next" then you going to the party. If your MC is interested in Maya he will offer her to make their own little party and then come back early. If you roleplaying a womanizer you can make your MC to pretend as a good guy, while fucking everything that moves and Maya would become just a one of them. You can promise her to help with scavenger tasks and go to have a 3-some with Quinn. It's not a choice between "1" and "2" but a much more complex one.

---

If you'll play the game after Season 2 only with one branch you will only get content for your choosen path. The "canon" part is still visible, but you can easily feel and tell the difference. When you romancing all MGs and a bunch of SGs at a time in Season 1-2 and how then it looks and feels in Season 3. This is where a lot of controversy and discontent comes from some players who want to see and go through everything in 1-2 runs. Well. You are playing the game. Each game have it's own rules. You may accept them and have fun, disagree and abandon it or try to use cheats and get fucked :ROFLMAO: Because to "de-branch" the game - the modder must literally rewrite most part of the code, remove all checks and traps and fix all potential conflicts. Even after such hypothetical fix game would most likely look ridicolous. For example EP9 with different characters outfits and mixing then in one playthrough. It named "replayability". You can complete almost any game just one time, but you deprive yourself from getting through all possible content, endings, interactions, etc. Your right to sacrifice it, but where the author is wrong? He planned and writen the story and it's impossible to tell such story without branching, because author in his game implies different endings, while most of them dedicated to choosen LI path. Excuses and petitions like the "let us fool around till the end and move the path choice from EP8 to the last episode" is absolutely ridicolous. Don't tell an artist how to draw a picture, how to write music for a musician, how to write a book for a writer. You either like the result or not, or you find some compromises. Everything else is kindergarten.

Some things are always forced, like in any movie/book/tv show. Difference with games like BADIK is ability to make some choice (at some point), some things will still stay linear till the end, while some will change according to your choices. The most important is if they just decorative or emulate the feeling of choice or they are really changing something significantly. True interactivity, not the fake one. Imo, the more true interactivity you get in games like BADIK the greater game is. 1-run lovers will scream and piss, though.

ConejoSSJ

Nov 4, 2019
Do you mean Josy and Maya in Ep 4? Please add names or a screenshot ...
see the walkthroughs in OP under "Extras" ...

For Josy + Maya :
- "Try for something more"
- fuck Josy in Ep2 or fuck Maya in Ep3
- neutral/chick affinity
How should I keep the bar at neutral/chick affinity?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
In EP10 Josy herself tells Maya that a beard is the solution for Maya and Maya doesn't even ask what a beard is. Ergo, Maya knows about the "Beard" agreement, as does Josy because she explains it to the MC in EP8. Given the information, it can be assumed that Josy or Maya already had a "Beard"
That's a big reach, Josy gets the "Beard" idea from MC and it wasn't a real beard because Maya is in relationship with MC. Josy and Maya aren't using MC and they haven't had a bread before that doesn't make any sense. From what Josy told MC in ep 8 using someone as a beard would be a very bad thing to do to someone

• Wow
Reactions: dalli_x

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The player will be happy to see that Josy will be in love with him anyway,

No they dont, did you not saw all the comments when people freak out about how Josy forced herself on MC and raped him in the latest episode?! :cautious:
People hate greatness so of course they going to hate Josy's ep 10 scene it says more about them than it does Josy
:ROFLMAO:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Meh, the players will be happy to see that Josy and Zoey aren't fucking other guys. That's a shame because that would be super hot but the anti-NTR crowd is more insecure than a virgin in a brothel and DPC has no guts.

Only hardcore Josy simps begging for a Josy solo path may have found that flattering. Obviously most players in a relationship with another LI were more annoyed that anything. Check the average reaction on reddit.

View attachment 3348024

And if haters like me were supposed to feel sorry for her complete lack of dignity, that's another EPIC FAIL, DPC !

View attachment 3348029 View attachment 3348030
Throughout Ep.10, every time Josy started talking about her feelings again, I was like: Damn it, woman, leave me alone! I already told you that I'm with Sage/someone :sneaky: /Jill! This is DPC’s mistake, maybe he did it according to his own views, but he can’t make everyone feel empathy for Josy and some people just don’t like girls who keep hanging on to you. They must remember that no means NO.

And a small bonus, something you should like:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes