Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
We shouldn't rush an ar---teeeest. If it takes 2054, so be it.
Dude, I suggested 10 episodes. Are you now pretending there would be 30? Or that the average dev time would be triple the longest up to now? Or are you just bad at math?

People who resort to hyperbole know they are wrong. 1 year each for 10 episodes would be Dec 2033. Adding five years to that would be cynical, but not hyperbole. You added two decades.

Jul 29, 2017
Yoga Girl is part of the problem. Just like the Vixen's and Zoey. DPC continuing to add more characters to an already over populated story is the clearest indication that he is in fact milking. This whole mess could easily be over in 11 or 12 episodes
If we get an actual path with Yoga Girl, like at least on par with Lily or Nicole, I would not complain... as much.

Are the Vixens supposed to be actual characters? I thought it was just about the introduction of real temptation. Now that you can be monogamous, every other girl is a vixen—Sarah, Mel, Lily, Cammy, Rio, and more give you those tc points when you get too flirty with them. If the Vixens are actually supposed to be those 3 girls in the intro animation, then that's just stupid.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Well... Since this became mostly a kinda slice-of-life game, it could theoretically go on forever (even if Mr. DPC dies, if he has children, they could carry on his legacy), but, when it comes to plot -- and, if actually still there's one, it's a matter of debate, but let's not touch this point yet --, it could perfectly end in 16 episodes. In fact, about a year and a half ago I posted that Mr. DPC seemed to be following the "Save the Cat" recipe. I still think it's so, thus, six episodes are more than enough to wrap around everything that's going on right now. Of course, if he decides to end after this cycle, there'll be people pissed off that some things could have been deepened; and, of course, after this cycle -- as it happens with many TV shows -- he can decide to continue, creating new plots (or mini-plots, side plots, etc.) and keep going on until he gets bored. But, according to the image in the post I linked, he's exactly in the middle of the third quarter, reaching the "dark night of the soul when all is lost". Since, as it has been mentioned, he has to add comedy and debauchery, it may happen in the next or in episode 12, but the time is coming to shit hit the fan--and Riona's kidnapping was the tell to it. I think the downfall will happen at the end of episode 11; in episode 12, Mr. Tremolo, after the tribulation period will start to prepare his revenge against his enemies, which will start in episode 13 and, probably, will last until episode 14; and the last two episodes will serve to wrap around the side plots and romance paths. Whether it will continue after that, depends on Mr. DPC's mood--if he wants to enjoy his fortune or continue with the game.
Now this is actually reasonable and well thought out. However, it assumes that all open plot lines gain progress in every episode. This is exactly what I mean about the episodes bulking up to the point of being roughly double the size. You have to expect some story lines to take a break for each episode. It's what every episode has done so far.

Reactions: The Dick
Jul 29, 2017
Yeah, I haven’t posted anything for several weeks. ReallyNotTina and I had some illness stuff to deal with, then wedding and honeymoon stuff. But everything’s back to normal… well, our awesome new normal.

Anyway Friday night she said, “When’s the last time we played Being a DIK?” and so we did some of that. Just to remind you, we’re on a Maya/Josy run, and episode 3 begins with a cold open, not “Previously on…” clips.

Wife. Wait, I need the “previously” part. It’s been too long!​
Me. We’ve played this before.​
Wife. Yeah but I don’t remember what’s different.​
Me. Very little is different. But I think the “previously” part comes after. You’ll see it.​

The ep starts with someone knocking on the Alphas’ door, and envelopes for Chad and Dawe tucked under it. (In two different fonts. Don’t know why.) The message to Chad is, “Is this the secret you’re hiding?” and he immediately thinks of the MC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey welcome back, glad you're both okay. I enjoy reading these, no matter how long they are.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
If we get an actual path with Yoga Girl, like at least on par with Lily or Nicole, I would not complain... as much.

Are the Vixens supposed to be actual characters? I thought it was just about the introduction of real temptation. Now that you can be monogamous, every other girl is a vixen—Sarah, Mel, Lily, Cammy, Rio, and more give you those tc points when you get too flirty with them. If the Vixens are actually supposed to be those 3 girls in the intro animation, then that's just stupid.
There's no way some random new girl, no matter how hot she is, should end with similar content to Nicole or Lily.

Nicole and Lily are right now, maybe a rung below Quinn in term of Others content.

Introducing a new character and having her overtake Riona, Camila, Jade, Zoey, Cathy, Sarah, Melanie, Sandy, Nora, Sally, Karen etc etc in content would be a baffling decision.

Pinkcakes should be working to cutting out the excess others girls and focus on elevating the ones he current has.

Jul 29, 2017
There's no way some random new girl, no matter how hot she is, should end with similar content to Nicole or Lily.

Nicole and Lily are right now, maybe a rung below Quinn in term of Others content.

Introducing a new character and having her overtake Riona, Camila, Jade, Zoey, Cathy, Sarah, Melanie, Sandy, Nora, Sally, Karen etc etc in content would be a baffling decision.

Pinkcakes should be working to cutting out the excess others girls and focus on elevating the ones he current has.
You couldn't let me pretend :cry:
1000008217.gif

*sniff* ...... it is true though. Like Cammy alone has been criminally underutilized, and just maybe that will be rectified next episode.
Still, I will continue to simp for Yoga Girl's proper introduction, bewitching romance, and showstopper sex scenes. Even if it means I subsist on nothing but copium.

Aug 29, 2023

You assume PinkCake is making up the story as he goes. He appears to be doing that with some elements, but the main story arc was figured out long ago, and will conclude, with Being a DIK, with episode 16. Plenty of room, and time, for him to squeeze in new characters.

Especially if some of the existing characters (Sally, Karen) never go anywhere, others (Jade, Nora, Riona; hope I’m wrong about Riona!) were meant to end early and poorly, and others (Camila, Melanie, Sandy, Sarah) were never meant to come to anything; they’re just dalliances.

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024

Zoey is the only exception, because she's a significant part of the big picture, but yeah, it would be weird to start building a random rapport with some other new character. Still want to blast one in Becky's ass though, but for different reasons. :sneaky:

On the subject of Karen, has there been any special renders / reward renders that include her at this point? I know Sally had her little office rendezvous with the mc in a render set. But Karen's had fuck all, right?

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Zoey is the only exception, because she's a significant part of the big picture, but yeah, it would be weird to start building a random rapport with some other new character. Still want to blast one in Becky's ass though, but for different reasons. :sneaky:

On the subject of Karen, has there been any special renders / reward renders that include her at this point? I know Sally had her little office rendezvous with the mc in a render set. But Karen's had fuck all, right?

I think she had a clone series, but I'm not fully sure.

And she was in the April Fool's Day render with Sally, but yeah that's it, definitely needs more.

Becky needs to get it as well, I'm beginning to not trust Jacob so I don't believe him when he says she's a lame fuck.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You couldn't let me pretend :cry:
View attachment 3650669

*sniff* ...... it is true though. Like Cammy alone has been criminally underutilized, and just maybe that will be rectified next episode.
Still, I will continue to simp for Yoga Girl's proper introduction, bewitching romance, and showstopper sex scenes. Even if it means I subsist on nothing but copium.
It's becoming a habit in AVN's that anytime a dev put's a moderately attractive minor character someone will ask when their sex scene is (even KRJ has simps) And dev's always seem to cave to those demands. Dev's also use this as a good excuse to pad out their content, to the point that many games are becoming bloated, rambling messes.

I don't begrudge anyone their favorite characters, as long as it doesn't diminish the quality of the game, and unfortunately too often it does.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You assume PinkCake is making up the story as he goes. He appears to be doing that with some elements, but the main story arc was figured out long ago, and will conclude, with Being a DIK, with episode 16. Plenty of room, and time, for him to squeeze in new characters.

Especially if some of the existing characters (Sally, Karen) never go anywhere, others (Jade, Nora, Riona; hope I’m wrong about Riona!) were meant to end early and poorly, and others (Camila, Melanie, Sandy, Sarah) were never meant to come to anything; they’re just dalliances.
I've heard this argued before but, where's your proof that DPC has this all laid out in advance? Is it the tightly written, well reasoned script? The smooth and efficient development?

Aug 29, 2023
I've heard this argued before but, where's your proof that DPC has this all laid out in advance? Is it the tightly written, well reasoned script? The smooth and efficient development?
Remember in ep 10, when Maya said, “Do you see?” and the MC had all those flashbacks to earlier episodes? PinkCake said he’d been laying the groundwork for that for years. Obviously he has. I don’t doubt he has the ending already in mind. You’d be an idiot to create a multi-year project like this one without an endgame.

Other elements suggest he’s locked into something he can’t easily bring himself to change. Like Maya’s student loan story, which he’s sticking to even though student loans work nothing like he’s described (a fact he at least lampshaded in ep 10). Or Madame Rose, a waste of resources that he’s obligated to keep adding to every episode because if you won the Pink Rose VIP pass, you’ve gotta get something for it. (Me, I’d swap the Madame with different strippers every episode. Episode 7 you’d get Brandi. Episode 8 you’d get Tania, plus the option to rub Tommy’s nose in the fact you plowed his favorite stripper. Episode 9 got skipped. Episode 10, Sandy. Next time, Rose again; Rose was fun.)

However it’s obvious not everything was laid out in advance. You gotta make some adjustments for fan reactions. If a side girl suddenly becomes a significant fan favorite (i.e. Quinn) you gotta accommodate those fans somewhat. Maybe not kill her off, if that was the original plan. (Something How I Met Your Mother should’ve realized.) Conversely if the fans universally loathe a side girl, have her disappear like Mona. I think PinkCake allowed himself some room to experiment and adjust. Maybe too much? Or not enough, so he has to invent convoluted explanations? Sometimes it’s best to just drop an entire game at once, like Netflix drops seasons at once.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

look, these days I'm redoing a game from the beginning and I'll tell you that it seems clear to me that, at least on the sidegirls, DPC has changed direction.

I take Riona as an example: the first two times we see her she's practically tits in the wind, once she dances in front of Dawe (maybe only Tybalt occupies a lower step) while he touches her, and later in the same way at DIKs, when Mc is still a freshman to be bullied, always in the first chapter there's a hint of her ability in blowjobs.

a character far removed from the present, practically unrecognisable.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Remember in ep 10, when Maya said, “Do you see?” and the MC had all those flashbacks to earlier episodes? PinkCake said he’d been laying the groundwork for that for years. Obviously he has. I don’t doubt he has the ending already in mind. You’d be an idiot to create a multi-year project like this one without an endgame.

Other elements suggest he’s locked into something he can’t easily bring himself to change. Like Maya’s student loan story, which he’s sticking to even though student loans work nothing like he’s described (a fact he at least lampshaded in ep 10). Or Madame Rose, a waste of resources that he’s obligated to keep adding to every episode because if you won the Pink Rose VIP pass, you’ve gotta get something for it. (Me, I’d swap the Madame with different strippers every episode. Episode 7 you’d get Brandi. Episode 8 you’d get Tania, plus the option to rub Tommy’s nose in the fact you plowed his favorite stripper. Episode 9 got skipped. Episode 10, Sandy. Next time, Rose again; Rose was fun.)

However it’s obvious not everything was laid out in advance. You gotta make some adjustments for fan reactions. If a side girl suddenly becomes a significant fan favorite (i.e. Quinn) you gotta accommodate those fans somewhat. Maybe not kill her off, if that was the original plan. (Something How I Met Your Mother should’ve realized.) Conversely if the fans universally loathe a side girl, have her disappear like Mona. I think PinkCake allowed himself some room to experiment and adjust. Maybe too much? Or not enough, so he has to invent convoluted explanations? Sometimes it’s best to just drop an entire game at once, like Netflix drops seasons at once.
Mona was by far the hottest of the HOT daughters, she was far from loathed by anyone.

She's underrated by the community due to not having much content before being written out, which the way it was done was trash writing, MC can't even have a conversation with someone who not only did he hook up with but also helped him get a slap up on Derek.

Riaman

Formerly 'Lilyfan4lyf'
Nov 27, 2020

Riona and Lily are above rest of SGs only below Quinn in terms of content.

Reactions: mostwanted8

Riaman

Formerly 'Lilyfan4lyf'
Nov 27, 2020

Also I don't understand why you are putting Lily as a vixen against your established relationship when not pursuing her. She is a smart and observant gal that automatically rejects you if you pursue Sage first in ep 7 Hots party. All of Lily content is only available in Others path in which you're not in any relationship, rolling is probably the most relationship like thing aside from Quinn's path in others path.

Off route Josy is the most vixen girl.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

You have one example in one path of the game. (I don't remember that line at all, are you sure it wasn't just for players stuck with M&J?)

All the rest is just speculation.

There hasn't been any conclusion or resolution of the Loan storyline. In fact, the loan story proves that DPC hardly researched his 'master story' as the mistakes could so easily be avoided. To my mind that lack of research doesn't point to a meticulously planned story.

I've been in this thread for years and never saw any indication that the fan's universally loathed Mona, in fact if that was the benchmark for axing a character Maya and Jill, and of course Madame, would be long gone. And there's no indication that he's eliminating Madame either.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
look, these days I'm redoing a game from the beginning and I'll tell you that it seems clear to me that, at least on the sidegirls, DPC has changed direction.

I take Riona as an example: the first two times we see her she's practically tits in the wind, once she dances in front of Dawe (maybe only Tybalt occupies a lower step) while he touches her, and later in the same way at DIKs, when Mc is still a freshman to be bullied, always in the first chapter there's a hint of her ability in blowjobs.

a character far removed from the present, practically unrecognisable.
Felice is alive!

I was afraid that the almost uninterrupted thread simping had driven you to something drastic.

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes