E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
I had little doubts about DPC cutting content due to time constraints but it's good to have the confirmation!
This is great news! I think this method is the one best for us to get immersed and fully enjoy each update, even if we need to wait longer for the next update. If the content is considerable and of high quality, we can appreciate it better and can patiently await for the next one, happily discussing the previous ones with the usual enthusiasm we've been expressing.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Well seems I was rite I knew the hell week would be hard to do in 2 parts only even DPC was worried about that

But I have no problem in waiting a bit more to see hell week ending and the other stuff as well.

So probally still a early December release like I thought would be take ur time DPC your worth the wait in my humble opinion

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
But its nice that DPC is at 60 % currently and nice to hear that both his computers go 24/7

Pretty sure hes on schedule for a first week of December release

Hope he wont rush things caus we don't need a rushed episode like most game studios do electronic arts cough cough :LOL:

Still pretty pumped for this update very ready for it :D

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
ok i did that i replaced the persistent file in that folder too now.
but when i enter the game. i got the ending of the chapter 3 saved working.
but my gallery scenes didn't change or update at all. any reason for this?

sorry im really bad with this. thanks
Delete all your saves and persistent file in both folders and paste my files instead. Feel free to create a backup of your saves in a different location if you want to keep your own progress for the future obviously.
Do not start a new game before using my saves as Ren'Py games automatically create new copies of the persistent file.
Launch the game and your gallery should be unlocked.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019

The first week doing this full-time went by fast and I've enjoyed every single moment of it.

If you missed it, Being a DIK - Season 1 is coming to Steam after the Patreon release. There won't be any change in how Patreon releases are handled.

The development is basically going as fast as it can at this point.

I've been spending a lot of time writing and working on small things that needs to be done for each episode.

When it comes to art, I've posed static renders this week. PCs are rendering 24/7 as always.

Today, I started working on the free-roam events. Those usually take quite some time to code and test.

I was hesitant if I could wrap up Hell week with this Episode, but I've made the call that I'm going to fit in everything that I really wanted to include in this Episode.

If I didn't, it would feel like I'm salami slicing the Episode and I'd hate to cut planned content just to get an earlier release.

The overall progress of the Episode is somewhere around 60%.

That's the best estimation I can give you right now, I have a lot of work to do still, but rest assured that I'm working hard on it.

In poll news, the winner of the cosmetic poll this week was option number 2.

View attachment 440245

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
It's nice to see DPC is gonna take his time to include everything he had planned for this episode as opposed to just cutting things out like other devs. Safe to say this Episode might be pretty lengthy due to Hell Week and everything in between. Maybe more than Episode 3.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
It's nice to see DPC is gonna take his time to include everything he had planned for this episode as opposed to just cutting things out like devs. Safe to say this Episode might be pretty lengthy due to Hell Week and everything in between. Maybe more than Episode 3.
It's good DPC prefers quality over more releases. I'd rather have lenghtier episode more spaced out than rushed content. If he's at 60% it means it would be an early-mid december release at the very best.

But hey, that means no release during No Nut November, right? :LOL:
OK... but maybe thats not a mistake ... just a playtrough, you can re playing and take another route......the beautiful thing of playing games.....
I think he meant locking yourself out of the LI you want to pursue, which can happen due to the DIK mechanics.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Just replaying a scene that has been bugging me- Anyone else get the feeling of a bit of foreshadowing in this scene (reference to properties of the plant Belladonna) Especially considering the flashback commentary in the library later on: View attachment 436331
Nah, I believe the words in the library is because her husband is really bad news. I expect he is in prison for 3 years or something.

Random: I find this stepping on to eggshells to not even mention that a woman in the story may be getting it from somewhere (even if it is not shown) a bit bizarre.

Minengeschoss

Nov 25, 2018
It's good DPC prefers quality over more releases. I'd rather have lenghtier episode more spaced out than rushed content. If he's at 60% it means it would be an early-mid december release at the very best.

But hey, that means no release during No Nut November, right? :LOL:
It's not said at all. This was the first week him going pro, so I guess things will proceed rapidly now on. I could definitely bet on a November release. I guessed earlier Friday 22 November, and I'm gonna stick with it.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
It's not said at all. This was the first week him going pro, so I guess things will proceed rapidly now on. I could definitely bet on a November release. I guessed earlier Friday 22 November, and I'm gonna stick with it.
But I mean, he did say going pro wouldn't mean faster episodes, since his computers are rendering 24/7 anyway and he could focus on quality with that extra time. Early-mid december is my estimation based on that. If it took him 2 months to be at 60% I think we could expect another month and a couple of weeks for the remaining 40%. It's a rough estimation so I could be wrong, though.

Minengeschoss

Nov 25, 2018
But I mean, he did say going pro wouldn't mean faster episodes, since his computers are rendering 24/7 anyway and he could focus on quality with that extra time. Early-mid december is my estimation based on that. If it took him 2 months to be at 60% I think we could expect another month and a couple of weeks for the remaining 40%. It's a rough estimation so I could be wrong, though.
He was working a lot of overtime the month after he gave his notice.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
He was working a lot of overtime the month after he gave his notice.
Yes, that's true. But what does that have to do with what I just said. The limiting factor for faster episodes is rendering time, his PCs have been working 24/7 all this time. There's nothing more he can do to speed it up. He said this himself, that going pro wouldn't mean faster releases. (Someone posted here the quote, I think it was on Patreon).

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes