Sonayte

Apr 12, 2019
my old saves includes only half of a gallery. pls tell me whats wrong with "full save" from 1 page, it didnt help me

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Here is a post and response from DrPinkCake on Patreon:

Poster A
Can't wait to see how the HOTs'll react with the MC living with them!

DrPinkCake
Sage's branch is indeed interesting. ^^

Then there was this one:

Poster B
Please don't take this the wrong way because your game is probably the best of its kind. But if the free roam events take up so much time why not ditch them in favour of creating additional characters, scenes, and story lines? I can't speak for everyone but I personally find the free roam scenes don't add anything to the experience except frustration. This is because you often have to play the game through several times to get all the scenes and they're so time consuming.

DrPinkCake
Because it's an important part of the game. Everyone likes different and I respect your opinion, but I'm making the game of my dreams not anyone else.

Free roam events elevate the game, gives you a breather, allows you to use the phone which has a big purpose in the game. They make a Visual Novel into something different and fresh.
Simply by removing the free roam events, wouldn't get you the update faster. Renders (animations) will always be the bottle neck. Besides, you're asking to add other content instead of free roam. That is not speeding up an update either, that's just shifting content.

If you don't enjoy replaying the game, you could hack renpy and use the console to unlock what you missed.

Poster B
I suggested ditching them in favour of creating addition characters, scenes, and story lines. I didn't suggest ditching them to cut down in development time. Yes you're the developer but to say you're making this exclusively for yourself is offensive to everyone contributing their money to your game. You don't have to do as I ask but at the very least don't insult me for making a suggestion.

DrPinkCake
I'm sorry if you took that as an insult Mark, it wasn't meant to be that.
This sentence has been on my front page since day one of doing this "I create these games for myself, but I love to share my creations with you." and I will always stand by it.

Every day since I started doing this, fans/players/haters want to change things with the games I make. While I appreciate feedback and ideas, there is simply no way to satisfy 100% of players. That's why I've settled for making myself happy with my creations, because if I'm not happy creating them there would be zero motivation for me to work so hard on this game, giving up a huge part of my life to do this. There's nothing that burns a creator out faster than not loving what they do.

I understand that I get huge support from patrons and you collectively make this possible for me to do. But that support doesn't mean that my creative freedom can be bought; no one is forced to donate. I've received plenty of offers to change things in my stories and games, some have offered me a lot of money for it. I've declined every single one of those offers.

To be perfectly clear, I'm not cutting/skipping content/scenes with other characters in favor to add free-roams. I'm still making every single scene and piece of dialogue that I intended for each episode. If I removed free-roams, the episode would look the same minus the free-roam.
I hope you understand and accept my apology.

Needless to say this little discussion generated quite a bit of commentary, both positive and negative.

By the way, the free-roam sections are my least favorite parts of this game. Makes it too sandboxy for me. Personal preference. Although I will admit that some of the most amusing scenes come during free roam, especially the chats and Rooster sections.

Also, I need to say that I fully agree with DPK's paragraph above about making a game that pleases himself. I hate it when developers try to appease the multitudes. It only leads to burnout and abandoned games. When those games are not abandoned, they just turn into cookie-cutter imitations of each other.
What i take from this is that Mark is a moron with a paper thin ego. "Please don't take this the wrong way" but as soon as the author explains why he isn't going to ditch free roam events the guy tries to act like a victim. :FacePalm:

No wonder Dr.Pinkcake doesn't even bother to walk around here when even some of his patrons like to act entitled.

login2me2

Sep 8, 2018
Here is a post and response from DrPinkCake on Patreon:

Poster A
Can't wait to see how the HOTs'll react with the MC living with them!

DrPinkCake
Sage's branch is indeed interesting. ^^

Then there was this one:

Poster B
Please don't take this the wrong way because your game is probably the best of its kind. But if the free roam events take up so much time why not ditch them in favour of creating additional characters, scenes, and story lines? I can't speak for everyone but I personally find the free roam scenes don't add anything to the experience except frustration. This is because you often have to play the game through several times to get all the scenes and they're so time consuming.

DrPinkCake
Because it's an important part of the game. Everyone likes different and I respect your opinion, but I'm making the game of my dreams not anyone else.

Free roam events elevate the game, gives you a breather, allows you to use the phone which has a big purpose in the game. They make a Visual Novel into something different and fresh.
Simply by removing the free roam events, wouldn't get you the update faster. Renders (animations) will always be the bottle neck. Besides, you're asking to add other content instead of free roam. That is not speeding up an update either, that's just shifting content.

If you don't enjoy replaying the game, you could hack renpy and use the console to unlock what you missed.

Poster B
I suggested ditching them in favour of creating addition characters, scenes, and story lines. I didn't suggest ditching them to cut down in development time. Yes you're the developer but to say you're making this exclusively for yourself is offensive to everyone contributing their money to your game. You don't have to do as I ask but at the very least don't insult me for making a suggestion.

DrPinkCake
I'm sorry if you took that as an insult Mark, it wasn't meant to be that.
This sentence has been on my front page since day one of doing this "I create these games for myself, but I love to share my creations with you." and I will always stand by it.

Every day since I started doing this, fans/players/haters want to change things with the games I make. While I appreciate feedback and ideas, there is simply no way to satisfy 100% of players. That's why I've settled for making myself happy with my creations, because if I'm not happy creating them there would be zero motivation for me to work so hard on this game, giving up a huge part of my life to do this. There's nothing that burns a creator out faster than not loving what they do.

I understand that I get huge support from patrons and you collectively make this possible for me to do. But that support doesn't mean that my creative freedom can be bought; no one is forced to donate. I've received plenty of offers to change things in my stories and games, some have offered me a lot of money for it. I've declined every single one of those offers.

To be perfectly clear, I'm not cutting/skipping content/scenes with other characters in favor to add free-roams. I'm still making every single scene and piece of dialogue that I intended for each episode. If I removed free-roams, the episode would look the same minus the free-roam.
I hope you understand and accept my apology.

Needless to say this little discussion generated quite a bit of commentary, both positive and negative.

By the way, the free-roam sections are my least favorite parts of this game. Makes it too sandboxy for me. Personal preference. Although I will admit that some of the most amusing scenes come during free roam, especially the chats and Rooster sections.

Also, I need to say that I fully agree with DPK's paragraph above about making a game that pleases himself. I hate it when developers try to appease the multitudes. It only leads to burnout and abandoned games. When those games are not abandoned, they just turn into cookie-cutter imitations of each other.
It's a good thing DPC is accepting critcism but at the same time standing their ground. They are already giving patrons some say about what content will be in the game, but keep complete ownership of the core elements.

I personally agree with DPC about the feeling and purpose of the free roam segments, they also offer a little more freedom than what is usually in a virtual novel.

That DPC assumed poster B was after faster releases, was telling to me. They seem to be somewhat pressured into creating content faster than currently possible. I hope they don't burn out.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I wonder if that's how she felt after the MC left her dorm room

Imagine that every ten seconds in the coming episode of this game something like that pops up but then a DPC error wait 30 seconds caus of fap overload :LOL:
That would be pretty much the killing blow for his game but I reckon those interruptions more than makeup for it.

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
Women like that are great who would do anything for the man they love very stubborn, yeah Sage has her Chad flaws but she will get over that soon hopefully I'm not sure how much longer we should be running around for her keeping tabs on him I'd rather she just confronts him and breaks up with him. I think you have been playing to much AL with that killing part :p
I agree with your thoughts about Sage, and this may come off as a shock but I haven't actually played AL yet. I saw it on the Steam store and bought it around the same time Being A DIK came out. So I prefer to just take in DPC's newest work with a fresh mind without comparing it to anything prior. But after season 1 ends I'm definitely going to play it.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So I prefer to just take in DPC's newest work with a fresh mind without comparing it to anything prior. But after season 1 ends I'm definitely going to play it.
I'd say that's for the best as to many of us here have played both but every time it's AL that sticks in the mind. At least you'll be able to enjoy this with a clear mind.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I agree with your thoughts about Sage, and this may come off as a shock but I haven't actually played AL yet. I saw it on the Steam store and bought it around the same time Being A DIK came out. So I prefer to just take in DPC's newest work with a fresh mind without comparing it to anything prior. But after season 1 ends I'm definitely going to play it.
It's a different game in many senses, but comparisons are often made. One of the reasons I played it was to be able to participate in discussions here without being spoilt.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It's a good thing DPC is accepting critcism but at the same time standing their ground. They are already giving patrons some say about what content will be in the game, but keep complete ownership of the core elements.

I personally agree with DPC about the feeling and purpose of the free roam segments, they also offer a little more freedom than what is usually in a virtual novel.

That DPC assumed poster B was after faster releases, was telling to me. They seem to be somewhat pressured into creating content faster than currently possible. I hope they don't burn out.
I agree. If the quotes in that post are typical from him, DPC is doing exactly the right thing for a dev to make a good game. He's actually reading the feedback he gets and presumably sometimes he sees an idea he likes or maybe a problem that needs to be addressed. At the same time he's sticking to his guns and making a game that he would actually want to play himself. If everyone is clamoring for something that he's not opposed to I don't see a problem with adding it, but if it was something that he really doesn't like or something he doesn't think really fits then he shouldn't do it no matter how many people want it.

On the subject of animations, I think most devs focus on them more than they should but I think DPC is an exception. He seems to be far above the skill level of most devs when it comes to animations. Some of the ones he has look like they're tweaks of some of the different Stimuli series, but a lot of them are things I've never seen any comparable plugins for, and the animations where he does that look just as smooth as the Stimuli variants. So I suspect he may use the Stimuli stuff to save some set up time if it's something that fits the scene, but unlike most people he doesn't need it. An original animation is going to take him more time but will end up looking just as good.

I also think that based on how many animations and renders he's doing, he probably has a separate box that he sets up the scenes on in Daz and then just has a batch que of some sort set up on a dedicated rendering machine that basically just renders 24x7. So it's probably really only the setting up of the scenes that impact the schedule and then he can work on the code and dialog on that separate computer while his renders run on the dedicated machine. That set up time is still significant though. Rendering out an animation might take a few days depending on how big the animation is and what settings he's using but he can do other stuff while that's running. But setting the scene up probably takes a few hours before any rendering has started and he can't do anthing else while he's doing that. That's the part that impacts the schedule (assuming he has a dedicated render box).

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes