Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well, if that's the case I hope his release schedule will be shortened to 2 months per update.
I don't care how good the game is (and you all know how much I love BaDIK) but 5 or 6 years to fully develop an H-game working full-time would seem absolutely unbearable to me and possibly to many other fans. You can only catch people's interest for so long.
2024, 2025... Damn. I'm not even sure DPC would be able to keep his own commitment and interest in the game all that time.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't buy his statement. Sorry but I don't. I'm sure DPC laid out the structure of the game before he even started working on it. He wrote the story and knows exactly how many updates it will take for him to wrap it up. Maybe instead of 12 he will end up requiring 13? That's possible. But I don't believe for one second that he doesn't know whether he will be needing 12 or 20 updates. This is DPC we are talking about, not Icstor.
Given how big this game is becoming, update times are far more likely to get longer than shorter. Even if you don't take the rendering time into account, there's still the posing, lighting, coding, writing, animating, etc, and that probably takes the longest amount of time.

Obviously we're all on the player side of the game and don't know what DPC's plans might be, but I personally find it hard to see how this game goes to 20 episodes. The first 4 episodes have already pretty much wrapped up the Maya/Josy arc, the other main girls can also apparently have their paths shut, and Quinn's plans seem like they're about to come to fruition. That last one is also what seems to be the main underlying story of this game.

It might seem like the story is all about getting girls and joining the DIKs, but that's what movies often feel like too and then you find out there's other stuff going on that the lead character will get swept up in and the story is really about that whilst also trying to get the girl. It feels to me like this is the case, and so how that could stretch to 20 episodes when it's moving at such a swift pace already is what's hard to see right now. We've had a good first act/season and it feels like it could easily be wrapped up in 3 acts/seasons.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Given how big this game is becoming, update times are far more likely to get longer than shorter. Even if you don't take the rendering time into account, there's still the posing, lighting, coding, writing, animating, etc, and that probably takes the longest amount of time.
You see here is the thing ,despite each update becoming larger than the previous in terms of the raw content, the release windows have remained fairly similar.

Initial release Feb 2019
Second release May 2019
Third release August 2019
Fourth release January 2020

While looking at the fourth release we should also take into account the 3 different paths he designed, each with it's own respective content, him quiting his job during the development time which required him to take care of certain obligations before leaving his workplace which ofc took away time from the development of the game and finally the steam release that he was working for behind the scene. Taking all of those things together we can see why there was a delay in the fourth update

As for now, he is working on this full time and also being backed by 5k patrons which ofc would provide him the monetary means of getting better equipment to develop the game which reduces the time required for developing each update but also allows him the leeway to add even more content with each new update while keeping the same release window as before. And that factor is likely to grow even further as he will surely keep getting more patrons as new updates get released

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Having their paths shut doesn't mean their arc is over just the relationship side of it there is going to be much more of those characters stories to play out just yet. we have barely scratched the surface of Maya situation with her father.
Yeah, I agree that having one arc come to completion isn't anywhere close to the end of content for a character. Really, it's just that one problem/area of drama has come to resolution, with a whole slate of problems still existing. And that's not counting the possibility of new problems or areas of drama coming up.

I initially made the mistake of thinking that the end of Season 1 felt like the game was heading towards a conclusion, but I think my instinct was based on assuming the scope of this game was like a movie. Most of the major problems/areas of drama are established relatively early, characters generally have a single arc, and the story ends once those are resolved.

But I think this game is more like a TV series. There are a lot more fans in the fire, and I certainly want to see what a relationship with Josy and Maya looks like. Them getting together is really only the beginning. I have a lot of friends who have poly relationships, and I'm eager to see more representation in stories.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Having their paths shut doesn't mean their arc is over just the relationship side of it there is going to be much more of those characters stories to play out just yet. we have barely scratched the surface of Maya situation with her father.
Of course they'll still be part of the story, I didn't mean that they wouldn't be if their paths are closed in the first 4 episodes. It was just to say that, to me, being able to close all 5 paths at the potential 1/5th point of the story seems a little odd. I know AL could lock you out of paths too, but that happened at different points throughout, not the beginning. Obviously most people won't close all paths at this stage, and I suppose there might be some who don't mind if they don't romantically end up with any girl at the end, but for as good as this game is I just feel that having 20 episodes when you can cut off all romantic paths after the first 4 is a bit excessive.

12 feels like the right amount as it also fits into a nice 3 act format, although I wouldn't be opposed to having another 4 or 8 episodes as a spin-off/epilogue to the main story. Maybe call it, "Being a DIK: The Wacky Misadventures of Derek". :ROFLMAO:

You see here is the thing ,despite each update becoming larger than the previous in terms of the raw content, the release windows have remained fairly similar.

Initial release Feb 2019
Second release May 2019
Third release August 2019
Fourth release January 2020

While looking at the fourth release we should also take into account the 3 different paths he designed, each with it's own respective content, him quiting his job during the development time which required him to take care of certain obligations before leaving his workplace which ofc took away time from the development of the game and finally the steam release that he was working for behind the scene. Taking all of those things together we can see why there was a delay in the fourth update

As for now, he is working on this full time and also being backed by 5k patrons which ofc would provide him the monetary means of getting better equipment to develop the game which reduces the time required for developing each update but also allows him the leeway to add even more content with each new update while keeping the same release window as before. And that factor is likely to grow even further as he will surely keep getting more patrons as new updates get released
They have been fairly consistent and I hope it stays this way, I was just cautioning people not to expect it to get any shorter and to be prepared for possible long waits, like the 5 month gap between Eps 3 & 4. I know that was because of the branching paths, but if other branches are added or the existing ones are expanded, it could lead to longer times and people should be prepared for that.

satoshi bae

Tʜᴇ Cʏʙᴇʀ Sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ
Donor
Compressor
Jul 16, 2018
Wassup guys, I missed something? The EP9 is out already? Coronavirus was defeated? Apple broke and now iPhones is free?

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
The first 4 episodes have already pretty much wrapped up the Maya/Josy arc
Nah I think that was just the beginning of the Josy/Maya story. There has only really been one episode with the Josy/Maya stuff and so far not much has happened. Tommy is Josys brother and dating her will probably cause some problems and Josy and Maya will probably break up later and I doubt they would be ok with the MC dating both of them so we will probably have to choose between them. There is still plenty more drama with those two.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Nah I think that was just the beginning of the Josy/Maya story. There has only really been one episode with the Josy/Maya stuff and so far not much has happened. Tommy is Josys brother and dating her will probably cause some problems and Josy and Maya will probably break up later and I doubt they would be ok with the MC dating both of them so we will probably have to choose between them. There is still plenty more drama with those two.
"Wrapped up" in terms of a huge chunk of their drama being done after the first 4 episodes. I'm sure there's still more to come but after so much happened in these episodes, 16 more episodes of it, even in smaller doses, just seems a bit much.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
As a whole NO paths are actually "wrapped up" at this stage. It may switch focus or take a back seat from episode to episode but no paths are near done. Keep in mind also that while some paths may be shut down for you and I, it doesn't mean that it is for others. e.g. Some people may have closed the Sage path since c.1 by refusing to help her spy on Chad. This doesn't mean that content for Sage ends. Content was made and will continue to be made for Sage as there are plenty of peops who are still active in it. This applies to all the girls including M&J.

Early path shut down options for individual players actually increase DPC's workload overall because that commits him to making alternate scenes/dialogues for those that are on that path and those that are not, as well as make sure that content doesn't accidently bleed into each other. There are also minor variations to account for as well e.g. The pic of Bella & MC at the pool must, from now on, never appear in the Rooster of MCs that didn't stay with her. People that stayed with the HoTs should now have different dialogue options with the likes of Heather and Rionna compared to those that didn't etc.

Each new update can only ever increase in size (in terms of breath, if not of length) because of this I feel.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
here

Normally, I work 7 days a week, but next week I have to take two days off for a personal matter. Knowing this, I pushed myself extra this week, staying up later than usual to compensate. I'll make sure that my PCs will render when I'm gone.

This week I worked on static renders and free-roam events.

1835 static renders and 134 animations are produced.

I tried to roughly estimate what's left to do in the update, before proofreading and beta testing. Take these numbers with a grain of salt.

• Scenes left to write and produce art for: 7
  • Static renders left to produce: ~400-700
  • Animations left to produce: ~15
  • Some phone features during free-roam
  • Writing and adding bios to the code
  • Writing Episode 5 ending report
  • Implement Replay gallery and rewards (partially done)
  • Some mini-game code
  • Some free-roam code
  • Music and sound effects have been added to ~75% of the episode.
  • Playtest and Quality control
Thanks to all of you I reached 5000 patrons this week and to celebrate the final poll for Episode 5 is open for all patrons. The poll isn't over yet and it's a close fight for the third spot, cast your vote .

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
There's also Maya's father, 'MuH FrEe TUiToN' and Quinn to deal with as well. Their routes are only beginning.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
"Wrapped up" in terms of a huge chunk of their drama being done after the first 4 episodes. I'm sure there's still more to come but after so much happened in these episodes, 16 more episodes of it, even in smaller doses, just seems a bit much.
Season 1 was just the beginning. For both Maya and Josy the only thing that has somewhat wrapped up are their conflicting feelings for each other which they clarified towards the end of ep 4 BUT with the MC mixed up with the two of them things are just starting to heat up. Throw in Jill into that equation plus Sage who is slowly but surely opening up more and more plus our sexually frustrated and morally conflicted librarian , it's gonna be like opening pandora's box so nah the drama has just begun for all the girls , we only got a little snippet of it in ep 3 with M & J.

The best way of going about looking at this game is like a tv show and honestly it even reminds me of one called One Tree Hill. Drama,romance, personal conflicts that help characters grow as people ....i mean it has all the hallmarks of a good tv show script and if players treat it as such than the wait becomes much more tolerable and also builds up the anticipation and removes that feeling of being burnt out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Will the newest update come to steam?
No steam won't be getting the update but once all the episodes of season 2 are complete he is gonna release it as DLC so unfortunately steam players will have to wait for what is likely a year

Bawheed

Apr 17, 2020
Season 1 was just the beginning. For both Maya and Josy the only thing that has somewhat wrapped up are their conflicting feelings for each other which they clarified towards the end of ep 4 BUT with the MC mixed up with the two of them things are just starting to heat up. Throw in Jill into that equation plus Sage who is slowly but surely opening up more and more plus our sexually frustrated and morally conflicted librarian , it's gonna be like opening pandora's box so nah the drama has just begun for all the girls , we only got a little snippet of it in ep 3 with M & J.

The best way of going about looking at this game is like a tv show and honestly it even reminds me of one called One Tree Hill. Drama,romance, personal conflicts that help characters grow as people ....i mean it has all the hallmarks of a good tv show script and if players treat it as such than the wait becomes much more tolerable and also builds up the anticipation and removes that feeling of being burnt out

No steam won't be getting the update but once all the episodes of season 2 are complete he is gonna release it as DLC so unfortunately steam players will have to wait for what is likely a year

Jesus, fuck that any suggestions on what I should do? dont fancy waiting that long

• Angry
Reactions: VOYEUR
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes