Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Probably not as long as that give or take another year or two left to go.
Only if the game doesn't have 20 episodes. If it does, this is what we're looking at:
  • 15 more episodes with a 3 month update gap = 45 months. 45 months from May 2020 = February 2024.
  • 15 more episodes with a 4 month update gap = 60 months. 60 months from May 2020 = May 2025.
Best case scenario is just 3 seasons and 12 episodes which would be:
  • 7 more episodes with a 3 month update gap = 21 months. 21 months from May 2020 = February 2022.
  • 7 more episodes with a 4 month update gap = 28 months. 28 months from May 2020 = September 2022.

Reactions: otranu

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That's not right either as we don't know only DPC knows so right now it's much more of a guessing game.
Well, they did say it would be between 10-20, right?
Also, this first "season" was 4 episodes so subsequent seasons are also likely to contain 4 episodes each, right?

When you consider these factors, plus the fact each update has so far taken 3 or 4 months to complete, those dates aren't exactly an unreasonable estimation, at least in terms of the earliest possible dates.

Reactions: curseofthesky

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
DPC on Discord>
Yesterday at 12:05 PM
Patron custom renders (Isabella & MC, Maya/Arieth/MC, Sage/Riona/Sarah, Jill/Isabella/MC) For April, 2020.

join now for $75 per month :ROFLMAO:
$75 is just to have access to those custom renders, but you have to be top-tier (i.e. $100) to order them.
That means that one guy paying $100 a month decided to request a render with Maya and Arieth :KEK:.
Fortunately, the other 3 seem men of culture.

lets get super meta, I don't even care about the next update, when is the game complete? 2025ish?
The game will have 12 updates. It will be finished by early 2022.

• Haha
Reactions: Iruna.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I wasn't for real asking, I was poking fun at the people that ask for when the next release is daily, but I appreciate the answer though. Thanks
It's not that I gave you a serious answer. I was talking out of my ass, no worries :ROFLMAO:
But hopefully I'm right there. 20 updates... 2025... some people are saying those things seriously and it freaks me out.

Has this been confirmed? Last word was that DPC didn't have a fixed number yet and that it could be anywhere from 10 to 20 episodes.
No, but I'd find it reasonable. Anything other than that would be ridiculously long.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
No, but I'd find it reasonable. Anything other than that would be ridiculously long.
Yeah, there seems to be a bit of a consensus about this. Obviously it's entirely up to DPC and if they feel like they have enough in the tank, both in terms of the story and their own motivation, to do 20 episodes, then all power to them because that will be one hell of a commitment.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
It's not that I gave you a serious answer. I was talking out of my ass, no worries :ROFLMAO:
But hopefully I'm right there. 20 updates... 2025... some people are saying those things seriously and it freaks me out.

DPC stated on discord before that he'll extend BaDIK if he feels it to be necessary so there's a good chance it will be more than 12 episodes.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
DPC stated on discord before that he'll extend BaDIK if he feels it to be necessary so there's a good chance it will be more than 12 episodes.
Well, if that's the case I hope his release schedule will be shortened to 2 months per update.
I don't care how good the game is (and you all know how much I love BaDIK) but 5 or 6 years to fully develop an H-game working full-time would seem absolutely unbearable to me and possibly to many other fans. You can only catch people's interest for so long.
2024, 2025... Damn. I'm not even sure DPC would be able to keep his own commitment and interest in the game all that time.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't buy his statement. Sorry but I don't. I'm sure DPC laid out the structure of the game before he even started working on it. He wrote the story and knows exactly how many updates it will take for him to wrap it up. Maybe instead of 12 he will end up requiring 13? That's possible. But I don't believe for one second that he doesn't know whether he will be needing 12 or 20 updates. This is DPC we are talking about, not Icstor.

Last edited:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Well, if that's the case I hope his release schedule will be shortened to 2 months per update.
I don't care how good the game is (and you all know how much I love BaDIK) but 5 or 6 years to fully develop an H-game working full-time would seem absolutely unbearable to me and possibly to many other fans. You can only catch people's interest for so long.
2024, 2025... Damn. I'm not even sure DPC would be able to keep his own commitment and interest in the game all that time.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't buy his statement. Sorry but I don't. I'm sure DPC laid out the structure of the game before he even started working on it. He wrote the story and knows exactly how many updates it will take for him to wrap it up. Maybe instead of 12 he will end up requiring 13? That's possible. But I don't believe for one second that he doesn't know whether he will be needing 12 or 20 updates. This is DPC we are talking about, not Icstor.
He has a lot of content planned for this game I'm sure so it isn't that surprising to hear.

Triaxe

Mar 16, 2019
Personally, I don't mind if BaDIK goes on forever. The MC is a freshman at the moment and finishing college takes 3-4 years. Right now we're in season 2 and MC has yet to finish his first year of college. I believe large story arcs should come to a conclusion at some point but it doesn't have to be the end of the game. As long as the story stays fresh, new girls get introduced, new plots emerge, and Derek stays alive then I'm down to being a DIK forever.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The game will have 12 updates. It will be finished by early 2022.
That's what I think too makes the most sense a year or two give or take is what I said but try explaining that to a brick wall :LOL:

Personally, I don't mind if BaDIK goes on forever. The MC is a freshman at the moment and finishing college takes 3-4 years. Right now we're in season 2 and MC has yet to finish his first year of college. I believe large story arcs should come to a conclusion at some point but it doesn't have to be the end of the game. As long as the story stays fresh, new girls get introduced, new plots emerge, and Derek stays alive then I'm down to being a DIK forever.
Don't want it to be too much and risk a burnout besides I think this thread will have died out by then kind already has, although spin-offs could also be a possibility with various side characters.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes