Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
2. He backstabs you when you least expect it. Well isn't she lovely? 2 minutes later? I freaking hate this bitch. You know the good stuff when you see it.
Can honestly say that I never felt this way about any character in AL. I did hate what Leah did, but I never got attached to her because I cut her off after the first date, so I didn't switch from like to hate because I never liked her in the first place.

Doesn't matter who. I can guarantee that every chick in this game will have at least 2 twists. One that makes you hate her and one that makes you fall in love with her. That way you get torn in between and thats the great stuff about it.
Again, haven't felt any hate for a female character in BaDIK. Disappointed, yes. Heartbroken, most definitely. But I don't hate anyone...yet.

Reactions: ExDeath730

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but in a conversation with Derek or even Maya, it is said that she was really close to her father before things went sour between them. A lot of people here is thinking that we will need to make Maya's father exit her life, i'm thinking that maybe we will need to help them reconcile.

This and i can't really just trust what Maya, or even Derek says at face value about each other anymore. So, maybe she is blowing things out of proportion and things are not as bad we heard. That would be a surprise twist, since most players are already in arms about this situation.

Not that there's a lot of Maya fans left anyway.
Well, you can only try reasoning with someone to change their views you can come across many brick walls in life that just won't listen to reason, Maya's Dad seems really set in his ways of being dead set against her being with Josy any kind of Dad would put that aside for his girl and get over it. Reconciliation would be good but a lot has to be asked of the Father and accepting his daughter.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but in a conversation with Derek or even Maya, it is said that she was really close to her father before things went sour between them. A lot of people here is thinking that we will need to make Maya's father exit her life, i'm thinking that maybe we will need to help them reconcile.
Nah, someone like that doesn't deserve reconciliation. Maya needs to get as far away from him as possible, live a happy life, and make her own family. After all, that's what the game starts off with, right? About family being what you make it not who what you're born into. Seems like that might have been some foreshadowing there.

This and i can't really just trust what Maya, or even Derek says at face value about each other anymore. So, maybe she is blowing things out of proportion and things are not as bad we heard. That would be a surprise twist, since most players are already in arms about this situation.
I can totally believe it's as bad as it seems, especially if he's as devoutly religious as they say. I have a feeling he was a travelling preacher, given what Maya tells Josy about how the camp site reminds of her growing up because they moved around a lot and stayed in places like it all the time. It's quite common that very religious parents such as this disown their children if they reveal themselves to be gay and that appears to be the case here.

Also, her story is much like Kate Perry's who had a similar religious upbringing with a preacher father who travelled around America with his family in tow. Her family didn't disown her or anything, but Maya's childhood environment sounds similar to hers.

Not that there's a lot of Maya fans left anyway.
Well, there's one right here because whilst I was hurt by the whole situation, I still really like Maya and think she's lovely, so I'm perfectly willing to give her a second chance because I think she's more than worth it.

Red469

May 18, 2018
But that's just like so many TV shows and movies. How often have you watched something where you just think, "no, don't do that", or, "why did they do that when they could have just done this". Fictional characters always do dumb things when it seemed like there was a better choice, but then so do people in the real world. So even if some people make objectively poor decisions, or even if they do things that are subjective, it's not so unreasonable that they would do them because everybody deals with things differently.
No arguments from me here... Point of all this is that its as simple as a matter of choice.

The first one is gonna be Bella. There was some hint in the library about bad things happening in the future when the MC and her were making out.
I Really like Bella and Jill, so long as theres no, no win scenarios, What ever comes is likely to just be part of the story...
Lets be honest, Both these girls Deserve to be LI

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Iruna. and Mormont

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Still don't know how she is going to get the money when she finds about this
yeah, i also don't understand why MC didn't tell her what he knows
MC: look Maya, i have to tell you something serious, the girls that work for Quinn fuck for money, go get a job :)
Get a real job :LOL: that was going around for a while too.
IKR, nevermind warning her about Quinn, here's something MC definitely knows and what he really should have told her:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Well, there's one right here because whilst I was hurt by the whole situation, I still really like Maya and think she's lovely, so I'm perfectly willing to give her a second chance because I think she's more than worth it.
I agree. Maya was the first one who literally offer us a helping hand.

It occurs to me, that people, who hate Maya because of the M&J drama, are on the same boat with her father. He also threatens to disinherit her because of M&J drama.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I agree. Maya was the first one who literally offer us a helping hand.

It occurs to me, that people, who hate Maya because of the M&J drama, are on the same boat with her father. He also threatens to disinherit her because of M&J drama.
That's a ridiculous comparison.

Maya's father treatment of her stems only due to her sexuality.

The dislike of Maya from players stems from who hypocritically deceitful she was with MC.

One reason is far greater then the other.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
That's a ridiculous comparison.

Maya's father treatment of her stems only due to her sexuality.

The dislike of Maya from players stems from who hypocritically deceitful she was with MC.

One reason is far greater then the other.
You are unequivocally convinced that it is only about her hypocritical insincerity. That the object of this insincerity, has no effect?
Of course, I can't say why people feel what they feel. I can only ask.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I believe it was brought up way back when. As far as I recall it's not really clear who the MC is saying let me tell you what happened to in the opening narration. I don't think there's actually anything to rule out that the MC is dead and narrating what happened to some afterlife entity. Not sure it would make sense unless one of the later episodes involves the MC being sent back to life to lead the DIKs out from the oppression of super genius Anthony who now runs the entire school. Or if there's a "dead protagonist" tag for games. Either way one of the registered thread experts may know more about the narrations.
Or maybe he's recounting the story to his future grandkids? Or maybe they're talking to nobody? Not all narration in films and TV shows by the lead protagonist is being spoken to anyone, so it doesn't have to mean anything here either.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I believe it was brought up way back when. As far as I recall it's not really clear who the MC is saying let me tell you what happened to in the opening narration. I don't think there's actually anything to rule out that the MC is dead and narrating what happened to some afterlife entity. Not sure it would make sense unless one of the later episodes involves the MC being sent back to life to lead the DIKs out from the oppression of super genius Anthony who now runs the entire school. Or if there's a "dead protagonist" tag for games. Either way one of the registered thread experts may know more about the narrations.
I think it's from the MC after the events or it's his recollection of what happened in his time at B&R I just hope he's not explaning it to some shrink or something but you never know with DPC.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I think it's from the MC after the events or it's his recollection of what happened in his time at B&R I just hope he's not explaning it to some shrink or something but you never know with DPC.
Way back in the thread I pictured the narration as a Forrest Gump scenario

The MC suffering a catastrophic brain injury and wiling away his days telling random strangers the few details he remembers of his previous life feels very DPC

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
To clarify I did not mean you when I said registered thread experts. Given some of the inane things you argue about I would think you'd have more for someone who asked about the narration than "here's an improper lesson on narration it doesn't mean anything move on". But hey. When in Rome.
If I felt it mattered, I'd have said more. The point I was trying to make was that not everything DPC does has a hidden meaning or is foreshadowing something. Sometimes things are just what they seem and the narration feels just like what it is; narration. I don't think it means he'd dead or dying and is recounting the story of his life, or that he's speaking to anyone. It could just simply be a storytelling device that gives context to certain scenes or alludes to something we'll see later, like the narration during the scene with Bella in the library.

Reactions: P3zz0
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes