Ghost_Gamer

Mar 17, 2020
The only way that Maya and her dad could come to some sort of agreement is with the help of the MC and Derek by having the MC and Maya get "caught" together by Maya's dad and realising that his daughter might actually like guys and girls (so he might actually accept that and that is a big IF) and help her out with money when Maya actually realises what she has to do to get the free tuition (if it actually exists) i.e. Quinn's menu.

Also with Josy coming to B&R after apparently running away after being grounded (for getting caught doing the dirty with MC) she might have also lost her way to pay for her tuition (her dad will not give her the money especially if Tommy starts ratting her our to him) and when she heard she can also get free tuition she thinks it might be an option to consider especially if she thinks her dad will not help her pay for her tuition now but has no idea what needs to be done yet.

Also the biggest mystey right now is Quinn as she seems to be the puppet master in all this (having Josy join HOTs to annoy Tommy, running Quinn's menu, selling drugs and weed, planning something with the Alpha's i.e. Dawe coming to see her, having Sage do something for her that will affect the DIKs and any other factors that I might have missed or forgetton).

Also the biggest unanswered questions from season 1 (if I recall correctly) are:
  • Who sent the photos to Chad and Dawe
  • Where is Troy going in the evenings
  • What was on Chad's photos (sidechick or sidedude or him taking steroids)
  • Who posted the Cathy photo (the DIK pledge who got out of the cumpetition first, Quinn, Sage, or someone we haven't met yet)
  • Is Jade furious we stood her up (if you chose Maya and Josy and they accepted)
  • Will we become DIKs (missed the egging the preps task)
  • What is in Bella's locked room
  • Why would we have called for help instead of kissing Bella in the library
  • What is Jill's last name for her to be wary of guys since they mostly do it for her money, etc...
  • What is Sage's last name as she can get a sponsorship for the HOTs but won't

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Casmyr

Ghost_Gamer

Mar 17, 2020
Another thing for people who keep asking about next update (as it seems to be a common theme) take this into considerartion before asking.

DPC is one developer doing everything for this game meaning that he has to design, animate, code and test every single thing before the game can go into beta where probably bugs or issues may arise which would need to be fixed and then retested before finally being released to everyone and even then there would still be some bugs and issues that still need to be fixed.

I can actually understand all this as I am currently in my final year of uni where I am studying to become a game developer hopefully or developer and believe me when I say you can have a problem and be looking at it for hours and then when someone else would see it they would say hey shouldn't this actually be like this because many times as a developer you would not be able see your own mistakes but are able to see other developers mistakes more easily

Overall it amazes me that one developer can do so much to such a high quality and keep that quality and for that they deserve all the support and respect they have and more

Last edited:

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Some people forget that the title of the game is the program the story follows in DPC games.

So when i think about it DPC did make me realize 3 things about DPC and his games.

1. DPC is a story telling master who can perfectly create immersive characters you care about so you will get involved and attached to characters. Love it or hate it but you will react one way or another.

2. He backstabs you when you least expect it. Well isn't she lovely? 2 minutes later? I freaking hate this bitch. You know the good stuff when you see it.

3. There is no mercy for any of us. Any character at any given time can turn 180 degree. So when u think about it in acting lesssons or now in Being a Dik. There is only one thing for certain! Every character has a twist.

Doesn't matter who. I can guarantee that every chick in this game will have at least 2 twists. One that makes you hate her and one that makes you fall in love with her. That way you get torn in between and thats the great stuff about it.

Can't wait for the next update.
Backstab is a rather harsh word to use bro haha, but sure he makes a number on us
Pulling out a good twist is nice and supported, but pulling a twist just for the sake of it is bad. Sure, there'll be twists but they'll have to make sense, otherwise it would be awkward and obvious. As Dr showed his quality as a writer, I don't think he'll pull bullshit twists. So, I don't think there will be a rule like this for every girl will have at least 2 twists.

Reactions: Iruna.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Backstab is a rather harsh word to use bro haha, but sure he makes a number on us
Pulling out a good twist is nice and supported, but pulling a twist just for the sake of it is bad. Sure, there'll be twists but they'll have to make sense, otherwise it would be awkward and obvious. As Dr showed his quality as a writer, I don't think he'll pull bullshit twists. So, I don't think there will be a rule like this for every girl will have at least 2 twists.
Well he asked on advice on writing for acting lessons after its first release and my impression of it. As i dont know anything about game development i gave my honest opinion about writing as i do that for a living. The Talent was already like a diamond which is rare. But the pointers i gave where basic stuff everyone gets when starting to write. But Basic stuff is what you always come back to once you start writing alot. Cause it works. And once you get a living out of it you do what works and repeat it. Sounds easy but trust me isn't.

I will elaborate and hope the Mod will not instant kill me :(

A twist is an emotional hook you as a writer need. Otherwise your character doesn't work.
You can write the best character in history of writing without a twist somewhere in the story your character becomes one dimensional and boring. Characters need to have a vulnerable or villian state for it to hook the reader or in this case the player. So that you either hate the character from the deepest part of your heart or care for said character.

As a prime example of how this works i like to always point to the old star wars. Luke's dad this and his dad that and so on and so forth. We all know the story. But once its established who is father actually is we get an emotional hook. Boom you react emotional. Denial, Anger, Shock or the complete opposite. You root for the bad guy. Hell yeah rule the galaxy etc. But you react emotional. Thats the magic.
Vader as a character gets the same attention of said hook for the same reason. Thats why those characters are loved to this day.
So does princess leia and han solo.
Now imagine those characters or stories without said emotional hook. Shallow and boring and stereotypes.
When you write you can not invent the weel again. Stick to basic stuff and you get everyone aboard one way or another.

Thats why every love interest women in this game will have at least 2 hooks. Some of them already have xD
One to hate them and one to love them. As the game is called being a dik. You cannot become a dik by every love interest being charming with no down or up sides. People are not one dimensional they have issues. Good and bad ones. Thats how DPC writes them. Like real people. Where he gets the inspiration from is beyond me but he gets good ones for sure.

We all know the story so far and know already some issues and hooks. You as a player react to those hooks already. If you wanna know more about this reread my explanation of an "emotional hook" and replay the game.
See how many you can find already :)

Thats how you write good characters and DPC understands this with such ease where even prof writers struggle in their beginning.
Hell i struggled for my first 5 years getting characters right and i do this for over 20 years now.

So kudos to DPC :)

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Alright, I enjoyed the game so far and I wish I could say I was torn between the various girls but that would be a lie. I see a redhead, I pursue a redhead. After all the secrets and lying I am done with everyone else. can't wait for another update.
Thats also my approach so far. In all this lying and BS talking she is at least honest and direct. But then again she might follow the lead of the others in which case......depending on how severe the lie is...... i would..... ah who am i kidding she is a redhead so she gets extra points for it anyway xD

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thats also my approach so far. In all this lying and BS talking she is at least honest and direct. But then again she might follow the lead of the others in which case......depending on how severe the lie is...... i would..... ah who am i kidding she is a redhead so she gets extra points for it anyway xD
Yep! TBH I found all of the characters to be cute but I knew there was something going on that I wasn't going to be happy about so I went with the redhead option. With all the amazing renders I decided to follow my rule "always bet on red."

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Thats why every love interest women in this game will have at least 2 hooks. Some of them already have xD
One to hate them and one to love them. As the game is called being a dik. You cannot become a dik by every love interest being charming with no down or up sides. People are not one dimensional they have issues. Good and bad ones. Thats how DPC writes them. Like real people. Where he gets the inspiration from is beyond me but he gets good ones for sure.
I must be very different then because from everything we know about all the female characters so far there isn't anything I'd say I hate about any of them. There might be some things I dislike and that irritate me, but so far their positive qualities far outweigh any negatives as I don't see anything in them to warrant anything as intense as hate.

She hasn't been completely honest, though. Her honesty has extended only as far as setting the ground rules of her and the MC's relationship, but she's still keeping secrets because we still don't know much about her as she hasn't said an awful lot about herself. She also knows what goes on in the HOT house and about Quinn's business and this is likely to come back on her in a bad way once the MC finds out because whether he's in a relationship with Maya and Josy or just friends with them, he's not going to like it.

There's also her feelings for Chad because, for whatever reason, she seems like she might still be carrying a torch for him and if it turns out Chad isn't gay, they could get back together which will end up becoming another disappointment for the MC like Maya and Josy if he starts to think he and Sage have a chance but then it gets taken from him.

By the end of this game I reckon every main LI will have lied to and BSd the MC at least once. It might be to varying degrees, but each one will still sting and make players really question whether or not they want to be with any of them.

Cheems

Jul 26, 2017
I do not know if this question has already been answered, but is this game a prequel or a sequel, or does it happens at the same time of Acting Lessons???

Red469

May 18, 2018
They are LI's... they're both literally main girls :rolleyes:
I do get that, but, what I was trying to say is out of the cast those deserve it the most.
Both Girls are gorgeous, with a loving nature.

I do not know if this question has already been answered, but is this game a prequel or a sequel, or does it happens at the same time of Acting Lessons???
Since BaDik is still running then this would make it VN no. 2
The Sequel to AL? That I am not sure about.
Since this VN stands alone with a completely new cast.

Reactions: Iruna. and Mormont

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
If MC stayed at Bella's, they did the thing in the pool and bathroom and goes on the second date with Jill and he likes her even more, we already know Jill is totally into him and the sparks are flying... how will Bella handle that? Will she tell Jill what they did? If Jill knew she would be heartbroken :cry:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Iruna.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
If MC stayed at Bella's, they did the thing in the pool and bathroom and goes on the second date with Jill and he likes her even more, we already know Jill is totally into him and the sparks are flying... how will Bella handle that? Will she tell Jill what they did? If Jill knew she would be heartbroken :cry:
:censored:
screenshot0084.png

It's gonna be another messy love triangle since apparently 1 isn't enough.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
:censored:
View attachment 630612

It's gonna be another messy love triangle since apparently 1 isn't enough.
Well isn't she a great friend.... NOT! :cautious:

Idk is it the best choice to go to someone else like Derek and not have that Bella mess that will possibly bite you in the ass afterwards or stay with her and get more bonded with her and Jill as we saw from that last tweet from Pink when the three of them were making pancakes :unsure:

i can't remember, it's been a long time since i played ep4, can we deny Bella in the shower and in the pool?

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes