ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
ToeSucker1974 Mormont

Bella's story is the most interesting to me and it's probably the reason why i even play this game, but i'm definitely not asking for full blown sex in the next episode. What i'm saying is her story and the scenes should go hand to hand like in the last episode with bit of teasing here and there
It's hard to say what will happen next with Bella given Episode 5 could go in a lot of different directions. I think there will have to be some sort of scene with her, since she was barely present in Episode 4 if you don't stay with her. On the other hand, it feels like their interaction will probably be relatively platonic unless the MC did stay with her.

Put that together and my guess is we will have a scene where we learn some more of Bella's backstory (possibly through Jill), plus some additional scenes for those who had been living with her (either moving out if we get accepted into the DIKs, or making new plans if they stick us in the 'pledge zone').

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Simple answer: No.
Ah, I guess it's just me. I am not a fan of being lied to or of feeling like a third wheel. The former has already happened and may again, the latter is likely since the MC is entering a pre-existing relationship.

Anyway, just curious how people feel about the dynamic. I don't really care about either of the "main" girls. My goals are Sage, Bella, or Jill.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
When you get to the denouement with Maya and Josy did anyone want a third option to say, "Fuck you and Fuck you, I'm out"? I'm just curious in that situation if there was any desire from players to end those relationships completely and move on.
I mean you have only known Maya for a couple of weeks (right?) and you've known Josy for a little more than half the summer. Why not cut your losses completely and focus on another woman or women? It's the second week of college, why tie himself to two people who have lied to him and each other?
After careful, painstaking analysis of this thread over the past month, I think I can safely say you were not alone in that feeling.

That said, I personally still don't understand the animosity towards Josy. Maya lied to the MC, but Josy was rather bluntly honest with him the whole time.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
When you get to the denouement with Maya and Josy did anyone want a third option to say, "Fuck you and Fuck you, I'm out"? I'm just curious in that situation if there was any desire from players to end those relationships completely and move on.

I mean you have only known Maya for a couple of weeks (right?) and you've known Josy for a little more than half the summer. Why not cut your losses completely and focus on another woman or women? It's the second week of college, why tie himself to two people who have lied to him and each other?
Not me. It hurt like hell, sure, but that was only because they got back together so quickly when they really shouldn't have. Everything else they did I can understand and forgive them for because I like them, particularly Maya, and aren't ready to give up on them.

But there are others that feel the same as you, many of whom express their feelings in much harsher words that aren't always warranted.

Ah, I guess it's just me. I am not a fan of being lied to or of feeling like a third wheel. The former has already happened and may again, the latter is likely since the MC is entering a pre-existing relationship.

Anyway, just curious how people feel about the dynamic. I don't really care about either of the "main" girls. My goals are Sage, Bella, or Jill.
Sage, Bella and Jill are also main girls.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
After careful, painstaking analysis of this thread over the past month, I think I can safely say you were not alone in that feeling.

That said, I personally still don't understand the animosity towards Josy. Maya lied to the MC, but Josy was rather bluntly honest with him the whole time.
I don't really have animosity toward Josy, it is more that obviously the MC is a distant second option for both of them and it is only the second week of college. Why the hell would you tie yourself to an existing turbulent relationship? Sure there were strong emotions involved but some people have strong emotions when they eat their favorite food. Why not sever ties and explore in safer and saner pastures?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Not me. It hurt like hell, sure, but that was only because they got back together so quickly when they really shouldn't have. Everything else they did I can understand and forgive them for because I like them, particularly Maya, and aren't ready to give up on them.

But there are others that feel the same as you, many of whom express their feelings in much harsher words that aren't always warranted.

Sage, Bella and Jill are also main girls.
Eventually, in these games, you have to make a choice (usually) and I would like to be able to make choices as we go along instead of having the choice made for me or waiting until the end of the game to choose between X number of routes. In addition I can't help but feel that if the MC did care about both of them he is either going to get hurt by continuing to be friends (and watching them from the outside) or by trying to be a part of something he doesn't really belong in (by wanting something "more").

With Sage, Bella, and Jill as viable options (who the game doesn't treat as the center of attention nearly like it does Maya and Josy) why not nuke the situation and move on?

I am more curious to know what people think than arguing for a third option to be implemented (it's not my game and I don't make decisions around here).

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Eventually, in these games, you have to make a choice (usually) and I would like to be able to make choices as we go along instead of having the choice made for me or waiting until the end of the game to choose between X number of routes. In addition I can't help but feel that if the MC did care about both of them he is either going to get hurt by continuing to be friends (and watching them from the outside) or by trying to be a part of something he doesn't really belong in (by wanting something "more").

With Sage, Bella, and Jill as viable options (who the game doesn't treat as the center of attention nearly like it does Maya and Josy) why not nuke the situation and move on?

I am more curious to know what people think than arguing for a third option to be implemented (it's not my game and I don't make decisions around here).
Because even as friends, Maya and Josy still have a part to play in this story and they can't be gotten rid of because of that. There's also the possibility that they break up either on the friendship path or the threesome path and that this opens them up to a solo path if players want that which some do, so it's too early to burn those bridges.

Reactions: MrFriendly

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020

I wouldn't say they lied to the MC as opposed to withholding certain bits of information from us. Then while Josy said that she WAS seeing someone and Maya, for obvious reasons stemming from her homophobic father, confidence and trust issues potentially as to why she didn't tell us, even with our supportive and caring treatment towards Maya.

Was it right of them do not tell us everything? No but from where they are coming from, I can understand why they wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag right off the bat. And I still love the softies for their imperfection.

Reactions: Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Got to remember it's DPC story to tell here and not ours so we are stuck with them in some form in one way or another sadly. But see trying to explain that it's all DPC story boy that sure was fun :LOL:

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
How about just staying actual friends? They've made their choice and I have mine. I may have some issues with them but at the end of the day all three knowlingly cheated on one of the others. They got over it and actually got back together, good for them. I got over them and am no actively pursuing Bella, good for me.

And I know it's just a personal opinion, but at least once every update I have wanted to yell "Fuck Off! Fuck off and FUCK YOU!!" at Quinn more than M&J.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Because even as friends, Maya and Josy still have a part to play in this story and they can't be gotten rid of because of that. There's also the possibility that they break up either on the friendship path or the threesome path and that this opens them up to a solo path if players want that which some do, so it's too early to burn those bridges.

Too early to burn bridges?

Fine, I'll cancel the order for a gas tanker and blowtorch.

I wouldn't say they lied to the MC as opposed to withholding certain bits of information from us. Then while Josy said that she WAS seeing someone and Maya, for obvious reasons stemming from her homophobic father, confidence and trust issues potentially as to why she didn't tell us, even with our supportive and caring treatment towards Maya.

Was it right of them do not tell us everything? No but from where they are coming from, I can understand why they wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag right off the bat. And I still love the softies for their imperfection.
Eh, I feel like the MC got too invested too fast while at the same time he is going to fuck around on them. It isn't like the MC is going to suddenly stop pursuing Bella, Jill, or Sage even though it seems like he is going to be in a committed relationship with Maya and Josy. And again, he could completely sever ties and still be drawn into their lives by his maggot brother, the HOTS situation, the DIK fraternity, etc. No reason that he needs to have a friendly relationship with them just because he had some strong emotions happen in the first two weeks of his college life. He has 4 years to go and he is so emotionally invested in these two that he has to have them in his life forever?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
How about just staying actual friends? They've made their choice and I have mine. I may have some issues with them but at the end of the day all three knowlingly cheated on one of the others. They got over it and actually got back together, good for them. I got over them and am no actively pursuing Bella, good for me.

And I know it's just a personal opinion, but at least once every update I have wanted to yell "Fuck Off! Fuck off and FUCK YOU!!" at Quinn more than M&J.
Yeah, Quinn... My rooftop, high as a kite, chimney fuck... Just another reason that M&J should be running away from the MC. LOL

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I don't really have animosity toward Josy, it is more that obviously the MC is a distant second option for both of them and it is only the second week of college. Why the hell would you tie yourself to an existing turbulent relationship? Sure there were strong emotions involved but some people have strong emotions when they eat their favorite food. Why not sever ties and explore in safer and saner pastures?
The friendship you give will return to you twice.
The game does not force you to invest in M&J emotionally. You can always choose only friendship.
I don't understand how it should be better to have not friends compared to have friends.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The friendship you give will return to you twice.
The game does not force you to invest in M&J emotionally. You can always choose only friendship.
I don't understand how it should be better to have not friends compared to have friends.
Friends who lie or keep things from you are not better than no friends. Additionally they have their own shit that they will be going through that they will drag the MC into (tuition, sorority pledges, etc). Finally, as I've said many times it has been two weeks, two weeks of college and the MC is unable/unwilling to walk away. Especially when he is already fucking multiple women outside of this triad.

Anyway, I was just curious how everyone felt. I am not, in any way, trying to make some crazy statement about how DPC should write his game or that my viewpoint is the only viable one. I wanted to know if anyone felt that they would like a "burn the bridge down" third option.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes