Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
MC can be with Jade in 4 different states at the end of Ep.4.
1. Absolute CHICKs who rejected her from the beginning (footjob in class), fo*ls.
2. MC do not make a move on her (after finishing class with Karen Rebeca Johnson).
3. MC make a move on her (after class with Karen Rebeca Johnson), but he ditch her.
4. MC make a move on her (after finishing class with Karen Rebeca Johnson) and enjoy the ride until the end.

1 and 3 case are definitely out of the game, but what about 2 case?

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Well, there are going to have to be consequences of saying you have an interest in her and then not turning up. She's hardly likely to forgive and forget so easily.
The first consequence is that mc misses the scene with her.
It really depends on how convincing and charming mc is (and how much Jade needs a F..k) if he gets another chance with her or not.
(Second chance is ok, but third chance probably only if he can prove that it wasn't his fault.)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The first consequence is that mc misses the scene with her.
It really depends on how convincing and charming mc is (and how much Jade needs a F..k) if he gets another chance with her or not.
(Second chance is ok, but third chance probably only if he can prove that it wasn't his fault.)
Have to say i don't believe there will be another change with Jade if the protagonist didn't show up at the meeting spot. That was pretty much the choice to have a affair or not with her.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
No, it's just common sense that you have that chance with Jade and don't show up she's taking a hell of a risk just for the MC being a no show she has to deal with Burke not giving her attention and now the MC thinks he can just ditch, or in your world does she forgive right away and forget? Because that ain't going to end well.
Obviously she won't be pleased about it and it might not be easy to get another shot, but making an excuse that he got caught up in an inescapable pledge activity at the DIK mansion would be believable, plus the chaos caused by the Cathy picture also provides a convenient excuse.

It's another thing that feels like it's ripped right out of the college comedies that DPC has based this game on, where a character is supposed to meet up with a hot girl but gets caught up at a party and then he goes grovelling to her and she gives him another shot. It wouldn't be true, but it seems plausible that it could work.

Significant choices regarding your relationship with the girls are permanent. Choosing friendship will remain that way until the end of the game otherwise would be the point of choosing for something more if you can obtain it later while being friends. It wouldn't make sense.

If Bella doesn't like you due to the choices you made do you think she'll suddenly changer her mind for whatever reason in the future or if you reject Sage she'll still want to be FWB with you later on in the story?

Having 2 options yet being able to obtain both would be both a waste of time and coding for the dev nor would it be a VN with meaningful choices. You want Maya or Josy solo? You're gonna have to suck it up and be with them and hope a solo route will open up for them.

MC's Bio: "I told Maya and Josy I only wanted to remain friends"

Later

MC's Bio: "Maya and Josy broke up and I decided to make a move on Maya"

:WaitWhat:

Doesn't make much sense doesn't it?
Who says the MC will the be one to try something with them as friends? The prevailing theory around here is that the friend choice just locks you out of a threesome path, but that M and/or J might gravitate back to the MC if their relationship continues to struggle.

I'm hardly the first person to say this and it's a fairly persistent theory. Even our very own Mormont believes so.

I think some people forget that it's only the end of season 1 and it's more than likely somewhere down the line that Maya and Josy will become separate at some point it will only be fair to both fanbases.

Reactions: FLTFFS

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Obviously she won't be pleased about it and it might not be easy to get another shot, but making an excuse that he got caught up in an inescapable pledge activity at the DIK mansion would be believable, plus the chaos caused by the Cathy picture also provides a convenient excuse.

It's another thing that feels like it's ripped right out of the college comedies that DPC has based this game on, where a character is supposed to meet up with a hot girl but gets caught up at a party and then he goes grovelling to her and she gives him another shot. It wouldn't be true, but it seems plausible that it could work.

Who says the MC will the be one to try something with them as friends? The prevailing theory around here is that the friend choice just locks you out of a threesome path, but that M and/or J might gravitate back to the MC if their relationship continues to struggle.

I'm hardly the first person to say this and it's a fairly persistent theory. Even our very own Mormont believes so.
No, choosing to stay friends prevents you from romancing M&J. Allow me to make it very simple to understand

Try for something more = Romance with both or either Maya & Josy

Choose to stay friends = NO romance with EITHER Maya or Josy for the rest of the game. (You reject them as the variable states)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
No, choosing to stay friends prevents you from romancing M&J. Allow me to make it very simple to understand

Choose to stay friends = NO romance with EITHER Maya or Josy for the rest of the game. (You reject them as the variable states)
When you say "variable" are you talking about a line hidden in the code that explicitly states this is it closed for good, or do you just mean the choice presented in the game?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm hardly the first person to say this and it's a fairly persistent theory. Even our very own @Mormont believes so.
Yes but I'm meaning on the romance route that could happen nothing will happen on friends route apart from maybe helping them out now and again.

Reactions: michael1984

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I agree, i don't like them but i have no problem to say that scene was completely out of character for both, they are not bad people and both cared about the mc, for me that was a case of bad writing, no more no less. glad to see you actually spent time to reply btw, way better than the facepalming gang spamming the emote because i don't like josy and maya.
I agree with the numerous complaints about the poor writing and rushed resolution to the scene, but for the most part I think all three remain in character.

The only part that seems like something they would never do is when an MC settles for being friends and Maya and Josy go back to kissing. That would be cold odd even if the MC was thoroughly DIKish and largely disinterested in them sexually. It's flat out ridiculous for an MC who qualifies for 'something more.'

Well, there are going to have to be consequences of saying you have an interest in her and then not turning up. She's hardly likely to forgive and forget so easily.
I agree Jade will be displeased with an MC who blows off their date, but I'm not sure it would be an unforgivable sin.

Her affair with the MC is already, objectively speaking, a stupid idea; *very* high risk for a short term reward. The fact that Jade was willing to fool around with the MC in class indicates a big part of her interest in the MC is down to impulse. That impulse will likely survive a blown date, at least if the MC can make a half-decent excuse.

It would be different if the MC did something to indicate he was untrustworthy; that I think really would be a permanent Jade Over. (Which should worry people who show Derek the video...)

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
On that note, I was coincidentally browsing the beginning of this thread looking for some stuff, and this, ladies and gents, was the 1st 100% accurate speculation/theory to appear on this thread 3 days after the game's initial release.

Kudos to RanchFTW (y):love:(y)

Link to go like his post
View attachment 659540
Judging by the criminally low likes it got and responses such as this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...it's funny how so few people believed it at the time.

So a retrospective congrats to Ranch. Now that's how you write a concise and well backed up theory - you should do it more often :D
On my very first play thru of v0.1 back then, during the MC+Maya lunch at a cafe scene, I literally said to myself, "Maya is Josy's lover", although I never posted about it.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I get the logic, but I'm not sure I agree. When you go for the threeway relationship with Maya and Josy, the character summary screen at the end of Episode 4 flat out says he's not sure what their relationship is and he's still dating other girls.

If the decision to pursue a romance with them is explicitly presented as a work in progress, I don't see why a decision to stay just friends is necessarily set in stone.

• Angry
Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I agree with the numerous complaints about the poor writing and rushed resolution to the scene, but for the most part I think all three remain in character.

The only part that seems like something they would never do is when an MC settles for being friends and Maya and Josy go back to kissing. That would be cold odd even if the MC was thoroughly DIKish and largely disinterested in them sexually. It's flat out ridiculous for an MC who qualifies for 'something more.'
Due to previous decisions the game is quite complex at the JM-decision point to narrow it down to only 1-2 options :
- mc can choose to not have sex with Josy on 2nd date.
- mc can choose other activities than staying with or helping Maya.
- mc has RP (reputation points) for both Josy and Maya
- mc's sex scene with Maya before Josy arrives depends on how much she likes mc.

Going for more than friends makes sense if mc had sex with both and high RP with both (independant of affinity).
Having sex and high RP with only one of them would be a reason to break the relation and get one of them. However this cannot be done since it would have consequences with the Bro-relation to Derek who would probably never forgive mc ruining Maya's relationship with Josy.

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes