Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
When you say "variable" are you talking about a line hidden in the code that explicitly states this is it closed for good, or do you just mean the choice presented in the game?
If you reject J&M or they reject you, your save has this code in it:

_defaults_set > ep4_rejectedMayaJosy 1/0 : (1)

pathMayaJosy 1/0 : (0)

So they pretty much are out of the picture unless you change the .save file

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Just tell her you suddenly had to drop a deuce or something.
I don't have to never once occur to me that I'd ever turn her down :LOL:

It would be different if the MC did something to indicate he was untrustworthy; that I think really would be a permanent Jade Over. (Which should worry people who show Derek the video...)
That's never going to end well if Derek knows everyone will know and if it was to get out I wonder what the repercussions would be right there and then.

Reactions: michael1984

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018

Saving a decision in a variable to later be able to evaluate it is not unusual.
It is probably evaluated for episode 4 summary which text to display for Josy and Maya.
It really depends on the code of later episodes if this decision has more consequences or not.

Reactions: RonnieBoi

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Well then that just goes along the line of the speculation that the threeway path is closed by staying friends since that's a combined path, but it still says nothing about possible solo paths later if they were to break up again. Question is, are there any variables labeled "pathMaya" or "pathJosy"? If not, could variables like that be added later?

I guess we'll see in Ep 5 because if you can still gain RP with them, that might be an indication of something, because surely there would be no need for them to have RP if you're just friends.

Matty_pan

Mar 23, 2018
We should be at the point in the game where our previous choices need to matter more. First season building up intros and your affinity...now we should be dealing with the consequences of it!

Atleast, seeing as how many episodes there are vs how the dik/neutral/chick bar looks.

It might not have been an outright rejection, but Jade was at that point where she really needed that release. Don't think she'll be well pleased and will probably direct that anger at the MC now (Might even fail us if that earlier rejection dialogue is anything to go by).

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
That would have made that choice pointless with them... I'm not so sure why it's so hard to understand that there are two separate routes for Maya and Josy 1. The romance route 3ways and whatever romance you have going on with them 2. The friendship route so you are safe to pursue other girls and let them get on with their lives together.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
We should be at the point in the game where our previous choices need to matter more. First season building up intros and your affinity...now we should be dealing with the consequences of it!

Atleast, seeing as how many episodes there are vs how the dik/neutral/chick bar looks.
There are about 2 major choices per episode (a total of 7 choices in season 1).
If DPC continues with this ratio and there are 10-20 episodes, we will have ca. 20-40 major choices while each side of the DIK-bar has only 12 pieces.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
That would have made that choice pointless with them... I'm not so sure why it's so hard to understand that there are two separate routes for Maya and Josy 1. The romance route 3ways and whatever romance you have going on with them 2. The friendship route so you are safe to pursue other girls and let them get on with their lives together.
I just don't understand how some people are having great trouble understanding something so very simple. It's almost mind boggling.

Reactions: Mormont

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
There are about 2 major choices per episode (a total of 7 choices in season 1).
If DPC continues with this ratio and there are 10-20 episodes, we will have ca. 20-40 major choices while each side of the DIK-bar has only 12 pieces.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's very likely the Major choice system will change in some way going forward.

Episode 4 already halved the number of choices in it. I think that trend will continue, and we will eventually see a new mechanic that allows us to adjust our affinity without burning off nearly the entire spectrum.

EDIT:
Just because a choice doesn't turn out the way you expect does not make the choice pointless.

As long as the decision (Stay friends/try for something more) leads to different outcomes, it will still make a difference even if those outcomes are things more complicated than 'three-way relationship' and 'platonic friendship with both.'

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just don't understand how some people are having great trouble understanding something so very simple. It's almost mind boggling.
Probably because we're 4 episodes in to a game with an expected minumum of 12 episodes and a maximum of 20 and these are 2 of the 5 main girls. Cutting off main LIs, whether it's them, or Sage, or Bella, so early on in the story isn't something that's generally done in most games, so it's hard to wrap your head around the thinking process here. I mean, what's the point of them still being on the end of episode summary if they're no longer LIs? I highly doubt that they'll be replaced with other characters because that means more branches, more variables, and more time needed to be spent on the renders and animations for each update.

There are plenty of ways they could become viable solo LIs later on and I've seen plenty of people say they'd be open to that, especially some of the Josy fans who don't have much interest in Maya. To basically just be like, "nah, it's threesome or nothing, take it or leave it", seems like a really odd thing to do this early on when there's still so much potential for these characters.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Just because a choice doesn't turn out the way you expect does not make the choice pointless.

As long as the decision (Stay friends/try for something more) leads to different outcomes, it will still make a difference even if those outcomes are things more complicated than 'three-way relationship' and 'platonic friendship with both.'
You've misunderstood what I have said if there were options for something more in the friendship route this branching path would have been pointless that choice especially. But this has been discussed at length. Romance route and friendship route what's not to get here.

Reactions: michael1984

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
guys, i can feel the pressure in my chest and it's not good :(
i can't wait anymore, i just can't... o_O
same bro, same... I started playing Witcher 2, then progressed to Witcher 3... Did 2 playthroughs, took a break from it in my 3rd playthrough... Then I finished Mass Effect and right now I'm halfway through Mass Effect 2. I hope we get the juicy update before I finish Mass Effect 3 cuz if we don't get it by then, I'll probably go nuts. Won't a pleasant one as well.

ThePresident451

Yuno Gasai NEVER EVER follows you back
Donor
Apr 22, 2020
Cutting off main LIs, whether it's them, or Sage, or Bella, so early on in the story isn't something that's generally done in most games
But it's something that's already done in DPC's previous game, in AL you can cut off Leah from the very beginning for example. It's the same developer we are talking about and he will likely keep the same method, so the choice for Maya and Josy can be already definitive as well.
Plus, cutting off romances in the early stages in the game it's a way for DPC to have less possible branches/endings later, thus easing the code and his work

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I wonder if it matters in the future:
MC: J and M together
MC: J or M separately

I mean scene where the beds are together or separately and then MC makes the choice of which one to go to bed with M or J

Still i not getting the option of M and J together.. Maybe one day.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
But it's something that's already done in DPC's previous game, in AL you can cut off Leah from the very beginning for example. It's the same developer we are talking about and he will likely keep the same method, so the choice for Maya and Josy can be already definitive as well.
Plus, cutting off romances in the early stages in the game it's a way for DPC to have less possible branches/endings later, thus easing the code and his work
Well, Leah is not a LI. No matter what you do, she'll always end up the same way. Nothing similar with this case. He has already planned the ending to his game and will work through it however he sees fit. Let the guy do what he does best :giggle:

Reactions: RanchFTW

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Probably because we're 4 episodes in to a game with an expected minumum of 12 episodes and a maximum of 20 and these are 2 of the 5 main girls. Cutting off main LIs, whether it's them, or Sage, or Bella, so early on in the story isn't something that's generally done in most games, so it's hard to wrap your head around the thinking process here. I mean, what's the point of them still being on the end of episode summary if they're no longer LIs? I highly doubt that they'll be replaced with other characters because that means more branches, more variables, and more time needed to be spent on the renders and animations for each update.

There are plenty of ways they could become viable solo LIs later on and I've seen plenty of people say they'd be open to that, especially some of the Josy fans who don't have much interest in Maya. To basically just be like, "nah, it's threesome or nothing, take it or leave it", seems like a really odd thing to do this early on when there's still so much potential for these characters.
They're being cut off romantically not entirely from the game. Every girl will still appear and play their part in the games story regardless of their relationship with MC.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Except Leah wasn't a main LI, the LIs were Megan, Melissa and Rena and right up until the moments before the fire you could romance all of them. It then came down to previous decisions as to which one you ended up with.

ThePresident451

Yuno Gasai NEVER EVER follows you back
Donor
Apr 22, 2020
Well, Leah is not a LI. No matter what you do, she'll always end up the same way. Nothing similar with this case. He has already planned the ending to his game and will work through it however he sees fit. Let the guy do what he does best
Except Leah wasn't a main LI, the LIs were Megan, Melissa and Rena and right up until the moments before the fire you could romance all of them. It then came down to previous decisions as to which one you ended up with.
Damn... my bad then. I had balls to play it one time only and as you can see I'm not that informed. Forget what I said

Reactions: Zirael Q
4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes