f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Does this mean that it wont work when the only thing Ive added is unbat? Do I really need to download the whole fucking game again for 6 hours :(
Do you mean unren.bat?
(If the new episode 5 patch just adds more rpa archives and you didn't delete the old rpa files, I suppose it should work without downloading everything anew.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Sage and Jill are my favorites, too, but am I the only one who also likes Maya?
Nope. Maya's still my #1 and I personally view her as the most compatible person for the MC. I mean, the fact that she went from full gay to at least bi in less than 2 weeks all because of him is quite significant, regardless of the emotional turmoil she was going through.

You're probably right but that could change if this game goes for 15-20 episodes, If DPC wants to keep them for the plot then sure okay but that could change later on so if the player is not interested then they shouldn't have the same screen time as they are now. I guess at the end of day it's DPC's game and he can do whatever he wants i'm not complaining
I mean, it's certainly possible that, as friends, they could naturally drift apart and have less contact with them, but I still don't see DPC giving the MC/the player the choice to cut them out as it doesn't seem to be in his character.

I agree, the M&J drama needs to take a back seat for a while. Unfortunately, since there's still 1 week of the Scav Hunt to go, I just hope that MCs on the DIK path can opt out of helping them and go "assist" Camila and Mona instead. Hey, for DIKs, we helped them in the toilet and they came through for us with the slap in front of Jacob...it's a drama free, good and fruitful collaboration. :LOL:

(It'll also not force those of us who are running both CHICK and DIK games to have to go through pretty much the same content twice if we have to help them regardless or our earlier choices.)
The relationship drama can certainly take a back seat for a few episodes as things seemed to have calmed down for the moment, but that shoudn't prevent them from showing up at certain points, especially when it fits with the flow of story and when it's necessitated by the story.

We've already had content that plays out in slightly different ways depending on which affinity path you're on and I don't foresee this changing as it's a lot easier to just give these moments slight dialogue variations and maybe a couple of different renders than it is to craft entirely separate events for every one of these just so they can be entirely avoidable. One or two, perhaps, like dancing with Sage or the Quinn/Riona threesome, but I can see all of them having parallel events.

Reactions: GamerMcGameFace

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Do you mean unren.bat?
(If the new episode 5 patch just adds more rpa archives, I suppose it should work without downloading everything anew.)
Status update literally says that this is not the case. :FacePalm:

Please note, modified game versions or even extracted ones won't work with patching. You will get errors when playing the game if there's anything in the folders that's not supposed to be there.

You can fix it by downloading a clean release before patching or by downloading the full game on release.

Reactions: TitanXlord

RonnieBoi

Nov 20, 2018
Thing is that, as much as some people might be inclined to not want to have anything more to do with them and to outright tell them to "fuck off", at the end of the day we're playing as the MC and they, objectively speaking, don't seem like the kind of person that wants to do that.

Even if you chose to have him not go back to Maya after the shot battle, not have half-sex with Josy, not help Maya with the scavenger hunt, and/or have a threesome with Quinn and Riona rather than stay with Maya, he still likes them both, even if he's a little diappointed about how things turned out, and doesn't want to lose them entirely.

I don't think DPC is ever going to make the MC the type of character that will tell any of the main LIs to get lost and cut all ties with them because it doesn't seem to be in his nature to be that cold towards others, even when they hurt him.
Correct!
We only get the illusion that we are the ones to make all the decisions...
And though our decisions have sometimes more and sometimes less impact on what happens next, the main story and the characters are determined by DPC.
Expect some drama ! And don‘t be pissed off if that wasn‘t by your choice.
People that have played AL know exactly what I mean.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Status update literally says that this is not the case. :FacePalm:
That is correct.

Maybe I'm wrong.
AfaIk unren.bat extracts all the scripts, images and other resources from rpa-archives, it does not modify nor delete the archives.
If the rpa-files were not deleted, it should be possible to go back to a clean install by simply removing (or moving) all the extracted and added files,.

(Edit : Warning.
unren does not overwrite existing files.
So simply patching the rpa-files to episode 5 and running unren anew won't update already extracted files and this can cause a mess.)

(Since nobody can guarantee that this will real work before having the actual copy of the episode 5-patch, it's still better to have a copy of BeingADIK-042-pc.zip as backup. )

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Correct!
We only get the illusion that we are the ones to make all the decisions...
And though our decisions have sometimes more and sometimes less impact on what happens next, the main story and the characters are determined by DPC.
Expect some drama ! And don‘t be pissed off if that wasn‘t by your choice.
People that have played AL know exactly what I mean.
Exactly. This game, like so many others, presents an illusion of choice because really all you're choosing is which scenes you want to see going forward, not how the story will be told. You can avoid relationships with certain characters, but they're still going to feature in the story in some way or another, and at times that will be likely be unavoidable because the plot dictates that it be this way.

Some people just need to reconcile with that and enjoy the story for what it is, even when characters they don't like are part of it.

Maybe I'm wrong.
AfaIk unren.bat extracts all the scripts, images and other resources from rpa-archives, it does not modify nor delete the archives.
By removing (or moving) all the extracted and added files, it should be possible to go back to a clean install.
If the patch adds and / or modifys rpa archives, running unren.bat anew should apply the changes to already extracted files (if you didn't remove them before.) So technically it might work.

Since nobody can guarantee that this will real work before having the actual copy of the episode 5-patch, it's still better to have a copy of BeingADIK-042-pc.zip as backup.
No "maybe" about it, DPC has said that extracted games won't work with the patch.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Disappointing, he will push it to June for sure... meh.
What do you mean "push it"? We've been anticipating a June release for a while now and DPC said in a status update that it would either be late May or early June, so it's not as if this was unexpected or DPC didn't anticipate it.

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020

Beta testing is on-going.

A release date will be posted when I know more about the workload needed to fix bugs etc.

If you haven't prepared for patching your game, I strongly advise you to do it soon, to make release day easier for you.

Download the full game if you need it.

Please note, modified game versions or even extracted ones won't work with patching. You will get errors when playing the game if there's anything in the folders that's not supposed to be there.

You can fix it by downloading a clean release before patching or by downloading the full game on release.

Soon.

Dr PinkCake
What about steam?

Dec 20, 2019
If you used unren for the single purpose of enable console you're good to go, but if you decided to play with RPA packages and rpyc files, you should download everything again and start a new game ASAP
Wait, why start a new game? Does unren screw the save files too?

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
This will be a very hard time for steam users, having to wait around one more year for season 2 release.
Maybe public demand on steam will convince DPC to add single episodes as DLCs to steam?
he cant do that because of the way Steam pricing works, it conflicts with his Patreon tiers and im pretty sure he prioritizes his patreons over the people on steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: joaodasdesgracas

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
he cant do that because of the way Steam pricing works, it conflicts with his Patreon tiers and im pretty sure he prioritizes his patreons over the people on steam.
Maybe if he bundles some exclusive bonus art with episode 5 he can do a high price DLC for aDIKted fans on steam which does not conflict too much with Patreon tiers?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes