Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
I could spend Fridays evenining worse, drink beer and listen to .
Could you imagine DPC games without music? neither could I.
I've just said that a few pages before. Totally agreed. Some songs, like , or , or are perfect for the mood of the game. Wow, some of them gave me even chills, thinking on my own memories.

Reactions: Sorrow85

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Wow, some of them gave me even chills, thinking on my own memories.
Yeah and maybe i spoil the mood now but when you listen to (warning ep3 ending)
Then i feel the knife in the heart.
Maybe I take too much emotion in these games but where there are no emotions they can’t be great.

Sorry about Offtopic but why but other games don't use music?
License or other reason?

Edit: If you want use cheats like money, you can use this:

Mormont recommended that and I have personally used in other renpy and RPGM games without problems.

Reactions: Mormont and Naxer

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
Yeah and maybe i spoil the mood now but when you listen to (warning ep3 ending)
Then i feel the knife in the heart.
Maybe I take too much emotion in these games but where there are no emotions they can’t be great.

Sorry about Offtopic but why but other games don't use music?
License or other reason?

Edit: If you want use cheats like money, you can use this:

Mormont recommended that and I have personally used in other renpy and RPGM games without problems.
It's also the melody that Jill played on the piano. I think that we will hear this song again, with more emotions behind, and (I really hope not) drama.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
It's also the melody that Jill played on the piano. I think that we will hear this song again, with more emotions behind, and (I really hope not) drama.
Maybe Jill the route, Jill playing piano and MC guitar in front of an audience.... someday.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm most likely and idiot and that's why I don't understand, but I'll ask anyway.

I believed that Season 1 and 2 were going to be split into two different files for size reasons. Therefore, when ep 5 came out we'd only need to download it as a separate game and continue playing our previous saves from 0.4, which we should never delete if we wanted to start a new game.

Therefore, if they were conceived as two separate games, why the fuck do we need a patch which needs a clean 0.4 game or whatever it is? Wouldn't that be an addition to the previous file instead of a new one? What did I miss?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm most likely and idiot and that's why I don't understand, but I'll ask anyway.

I believed that Season 1 and 2 were going to be split into two different files for size reasons. Therefore, when ep 5 came out we'd only need to download it as a separate game and continue playing our previous saves from 0.4, which we should never delete if we wanted to start a new game.

Therefore, if they were conceived as two separate games, why the fuck do we need a patch which needs a clean 0.4 game or whatever it is? Wouldn't that be an addition to the previous file instead of a new one? What did I miss?
Episode 5, like every new episode from now on, with be an add-on to the current game, not a separate game and I don't believe it was ever "conceived as two separate games". It's all going to be playable from a single game file.

The update file will be approximately 2GB and will contain files like "ep5_images.rpa" and "music_ep5.rpa", as well updated files for "scripts.rpa", "gallery.rpa", "movies.rpa", etc.

A clean version is necessary likely because mods like scrappy's alter the game code and the clean update files are incompatible with those modded ones, just as save files made with a modded version are incompatible with a clean version of the game because they need the modded code to work.

Benben92222

Feb 29, 2020
Hi everyone !

Just to be clear (and prepared for the update), If we used a mod to cheat during Ep 1-4, we need to restart the entire game with a "clean" game to have a"clean" save ? Or is it an other way to do it ? :unsure:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone !

Just to be clear (and prepared for the update), If we used a mod to cheat during Ep 1-4, we need to restart the entire game with a "clean" game to have a"clean" save ? Or is it an other way to do it ? :unsure:
Yes, you will need to re-download the full game from one of the links in the OP if you don't have an unmodded version of the game, then you will need to go through the game again making a set of clean saves, or at least a save at the end of ep 4 when it prompts you to "save your game here".

You can back-up your modded saves beforehand by copying and pasting them from the hidden folder (AppData > Roaming > RenPy) into a different folder if you want to keep them for when the scrappy mod gets released, but ultimately you need to ensure that the ones in that hidden folder are clean saves for when the next episode arrives.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Episode 5, like every new episode from now on, with be an add-on to the current game, not a separate game and I don't believe it was ever "conceived as two separate games". It's all going to be playable from a single game file.

The update file will be approximately 2GB and will contain files like "ep5_images.rpa" and "music_ep5.rpa", as well updated files for "scripts.rpa", "gallery.rpa", "movies.rpa", etc.

A clean version is necessary likely because mods like scrappy's alter the game code and the clean update files are incompatible with those modded ones, just as save files made with a modded version are incompatible with a clean version of the game because they need the modded code to work.
I don't get it.

screenshot0001.png

"A new folder with a new executable." That's why we were requested to save right at the end of 0.4 or else our saves would not be compatible in Season 2. That's not what I consider a patch or add-on.
Anyway, I'll have no problem at all since I never used a game mod. I imagine that saves from compressed versions will work perfect.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Or you wait the mod update for EP5 and continue EP4 mod saves with it.
(If I have understood right)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't get it.

View attachment 666993

"A new folder with a new executable." That's why we were requested to save right at the end of 0.4 or else our saves would not be compatible in Season 2. That's not what I consider a patch or add-on.
Well clearly things have changed since then because that screen no longer appears at the end of the game and the official info from DPC for the last few months has been that it is a patch, not a separate game file.

Forgot to post this

I have some important information regarding the future of the Patreon version of Being a DIK.

The best way to go forward with the game is by uploading patches as well as a full game, including all episodes. The old idea of keeping multiple binaries on Patreon will make my workload much bigger since it makes it too different from how the Steam version is being handled.

Patches are still small files and they will enable faster download of new content, which was problem I wanted to solve to begin with.

An example of how it would work
When episode 5 is released I will release the following:

1. One big game file with Episodes 1-5 (v0.5.0), approximately 8 GB

2. One smaller patch with just Episode 5 (v0.5.0), approximately 2 GB

If you have the previous version installed (v0.4.0, v0.4.1 or v0.4.2), you can just download option number 2 and patch the game.

If you don't have the previous version, you'll need to download option number 1.

What do you need to do now?
Nothing! Absolutely nothing.

Your saves from episode 4 will work without any extra steps required on your end.

Please note, Steam saves aren't compatible with the Patreon version.

Patch v0.4.2
If you want the latest bug fixes, today I have uploaded:

1. One big game file with Episodes 1-4 (v0.4.2)

2. One smaller patch that can be used on v0.4.0 or v0.4.1 to upgrade your game to v0.4.2. Until episode 5 is released, as thanks for reaching 4000 patrons this patch will be available for free to all patrons.

The upside to all of this is that you can keep all content in one single game and patches will be fast to download.

The biggest con to this is that I can only release patches to the $5 tier, because the big file with all episodes must be kept in the $10 tier because of the Steam release. You will still be able to play the new updates with the patch. But you do have to save the previous version between updates to make this work.

Another con is that if you have modified the game or used a software to extract images, scripts etc., you need to delete those extra folders for the patch to work.

I'm deeply sorry for backpeddling on this and I'm sorry for all the confusion. It's better to make this change early on, than realizing that I screwed this up in a bigger way later. If you have any questions about this, please post a comment and I will answer as best as I can.

Best regards

Dr PinkCake

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes