Benben92222

Feb 29, 2020
Yes, you will need to re-download the full game from one of the links in the OP if you don't have an unmodded version of the game, then you will need to go through the game again making a set of clean saves, or at least a save at the end of ep 4 when it prompts you to "save your game here".

You can back-up your modded saves beforehand by copying and pasting them from the hidden folder (AppData > Roaming > RenPy) into a different folder if you want to keep them for when the scrappy mod gets released, but ultimately you need to ensure that the ones in that hidden folder are clean saves for when the next episode arrives.
You're the best, thanks mate !

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Or you wait the mod update for EP5 and continue EP4 mod saves with it.
(If I have understood right)
this one feels right
Bear in mind you will still probably need a clean version of the game with ep 5 added on before installing the next scrappy mod if the mod can only work on the whole game at once and not just the new files.

Also, it could take scrappy a day or 2 to get the mod done depending on how much work is required and if you've got a clean version you don't have to wait to play the new episode.

MR.Z...

Mar 15, 2018
Bear in mind you will still probably need a clean version of the game with ep 5 added on before installing the next scrappy mod if the mod can only work on the whole game at once and not just the new files.

Also, it could take scrappy a day or 2 to get the mod done depending on how much work is required and if you've got a clean version you don't have to wait to play the new episode.
i just said that one felt right ofc there is only one right way to do it
try to bypass it and u get errors and problems in middle of the game and no one likes that

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
No needin' to get a previous save, as I see, in my opinion. On 'Mass Effect 2' years ago, for example (a game that I thought about first), you had to export your save and it had some sense for the complexity of the game and all the lines involved if you want a MC according to your preferences, but in this game, I don't know... On 'season 2', the game may inquire some relationships values and your DIKs/CHICKs status and that would be all... Simple things made things easier at all..

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Well clearly things have changed since then because that screen no longer appears at the end of the game and the official info from DPC for the last few months has been that it is a patch, not a separate game file.
Well, the screenshot I posted was from the end of v0.4.1 so it's weird that screen doesn't appear any more.
Interestingly, I downloaded 0.4.2 but deleted it right away because it erased all the names of my saves so I couldn't tell one path from another. When I reinstalled 0.4.1, the names where there again. I just hope it has nothing to do with the new system and I will keep all the names of my saves.
Thanks for the input (y).

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Aaah okey.

You dont can't do this:
Ep4 modded->Upgraded EP5

What you need to do is with mod saves:
DL EP4 ->Upgraded EP5->Wait 1-2 Days->Then mod EP5 patch->Uses Ep4 mod saves->Continue Ep5 with mods.

I hope this is now correct way?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Aaah okey.

You dont can't do this:
Ep4 modded->Upgraded EP5

What you need to do is with mod saves:
DL EP4 ->Upgraded EP5->Wait 1-2 Days->Then mod EP5 patch->Uses Ep4 mod saves->Continue Ep5 with mods.

I hope this is now correct way?
That would be the best way to do it to avoid any possible problems, yes. I'd also throw another step in there before "Wait 1-2days"; make a copy of full ep 5 game. This way you'll have a clean version of the game for ep 6 or any bugfix updates.

Reactions: Sorrow85

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
I tried to delete the mod files and see if the game goes back to normal (no)

I completed the game with a clean version and just downloaded the mod to unlock all the scenes(specially jill's shower) and now i need to re-download almost 7gb with my shit internet. FUCK ME

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i completed the game with a clean version and just downloaded the mod to unlock all the scenes(specially jill's shower) and now i need to redownload almost 7gb with my shit internet. FUCK ME
If all you you did was install the gallery.rpy file, you might be OK with that. The Ep 5 update will likely overwrite that one with a new gallery file and even though the unlocked file from the mod changed the persistent file so that all scenes are unlocked, it doesn't affect the ability to play a clean version of the game.

Mods like the walkthrough and cheat mod make changes to the game code and that's why they'll be incompatible with the ep 5 patch, but I wouldn't think the gallery.rpy file is that much of a problem. You can still download it again for peace of mind so that you have a clean version, but I think you should be fine if that's all you've done.

theblack_34

Mar 24, 2020
If all you you did was install the gallery.rpy file, you might be OK with that. The Ep 5 update will likely overwrite that one with a new gallery file and even though the unlocked file from the mod changed the persistent file so that all scenes are unlocked, it doesn't affect the ability to play a clean version of the game.

Mods like the walkthrough and cheat mod make changes to the game code and that's why they'll be incompatible with the ep 5 patch, but I wouldn't think the gallery.rpy file is that much of a problem. You can still download it again for peace of mind so that you have a clean version, but I think you should be fine if that's all you've done.
when exactly will the new season be released ?

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017

unfortunately for me I installed all the mod, not just gallery.rpy.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018

Do mods change the original rpa-files?
If not : if mods just add new rpy and rpyc files, it should be possible to clean the installation by removing rpy and rpyc files from the game folder. This might be easier than downloading 6 GB if you have a slow download.

The problem with savegames discussed above remains. If a mod adds new variables and parameters it might corrupt the save games, so that they are not compatible with the unpatched game and so not compatible with episode 5.

I usually keep the download file (e.g. BeingADIK-042-pc.zip) as backup in case I screw my installation until a new version is released.

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
So if it comes out between 1st and 2nd week of June,then that's almost 5 months of development.DPC is planning for 10-20 eps right?so at this rate it will take 2/3 years to get completed..that is if DPC doesn't get burned out or anything

Reactions: TheFinder

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
Do mods change the original rpa-files?
If not : if mods just add new rpy and rpyc files, it should be possible to clean the installation by removing rpy and rpyc files from the game folder. This might be easier than downloading 6 GB if you have a slow download.

The problem with savegames discussed above remains. If a mod adds new variables and parameters it might corrupt the save games, so that they are not compatible with the unpatched game and so not compatible with episode 5.

I usually keep the download file (e.g. BeingADIK-042-pc.zip) as backup in case I screw my installation until a new version is released.
yes, it changes. I deleted the mod files and the game did'nt go back to normal.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
So if it comes out between 1st and 2nd week of June,then that's almost 5 months of development.DPC is planning for 10-20 eps right?so at this rate it will take 2/3 years to get completed..that is if DPC doesn't get burned out or anything
If you assume 4 months per episode and 20 episodes total, then it is 5 more years to go.
If you assume 3 months per episode and only 12 episodes total, then it should be completed in less than 2 years.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
yes, it changes. I deleted the mod files and the game did'nt go back to normal.
Did the mod add an rpa-file?
(You can see this usually by checking the date of the rpa-files.)

Or did the mod add a folder with rpy / rpyc files you overlooked when cleaning?

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes