Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Darkmetal Holy Sheet Batman I totally missed that part. Well so much for my theory. Is that path dependant or is it in all paths?
I am sure I never asked her to do that, since I haven't been paying much attention to Jill (she is so bleh). So maybe my play through is screwed?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Darkmetal Holy Sheet Batman I totally missed that part. Well so much for my theory. Is that path dependant or is it in all paths?
I am sure I never asked her to do that, since I haven't been paying much attention to Jill (she is so bleh). So maybe my play through is screwed?
It's fake screenshot for the purpose of making a joke. :FacePalm:

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
It was a joke brother. It isn't in the game, but I'm glad that I made the graphic convincing enough as a potential solution :D

On a more serious note, I think MC and Derek will pass no problem. What is most likely IMO is that:
- We are going to be told that it was a test of commitment and that no one has actually completed the entire list before and we were actually the pair that got the most done.

Other options:
- Saved by the bell. The HoTs not showing up causes the ceremony to be postponed, and we get to sneak off and do it
- It's actually not quite 8:00 pm and we get to rush out and do it
- Dating Jill from under all the preps noses surpasses a physical egging by a mile (remember, egging also means to humiliate, to mock or to goad someone).

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
How could you feel betrayed? MC doesn't behave so much better towards Maya and Josy, and never was straight honest about having "more than words" with another girls. And after I've replayed chapter 4, I think that they never intended to cheat on MC or to hurt him on any way.
I've seen a lot of hate towards Maya, but I think she was truly feeling something for MC and she has her own reasons to be so reluctant with sharing her feelings openly, we barely catch a glimpse of all the family drama she lived on.
This is why the whole M&J situation is FUBAR for those that like/liked them.

Players who like/liked them can do everything they can with both of them in the first 3 episodes but can also do a lot with other LIs and side girls, and I guarantee most did because this is an adult game after all. So really, in this scenario, they're all guilty of not being honest with the person/persons they liked. I wonder how M&J would react to finding out the MC has been making out with the librarian, getting a blowjob and a titjob from the HOT's president, buying gloryhole services from Quinn, and spending a night in bed with the richest girl on campus?

Sure, M&J were technically in a committed, albeit rocky, relationship and didn't tell the MC the whole truth which stings when that revelation happens if you were really invested in either or both of them, but he's not without sin and likely neither are these players who are so hurt by it that they view M&J as the only ones in the wrong.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
On a more serious note, I think MC and Derek will pass no problem. What is most likely IMO is that:
- We are going to be told that it was a test of commitment and that no one has actually completed the entire list before and we were actually the pair that got the most done.
This doesn't work because we overheard Tommy telling Quinn that this might be the first time they reject the maggots.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
This is why the whole M&J situation is FUBAR for those that like/liked them.

Players who like/liked them can do everything they can with both of them in the first 3 episodes but can also do a lot with other LIs and side girls, and I guarantee most did because this is an adult game after all. So really, in this scenario, they're all guilty of not being honest with the person/persons they liked. I wonder how M&J would react to finding out the MC has been making out with the librarian, getting a blowjob and a titjob from the HOT's president, buying gloryhole services from Quinn, and spending a night in bed with the richest girl on campus?

Sure, M&J were technically in a committed, albeit rocky, relationship and didn't tell the MC the whole truth which stings when that revelation happens if you were really invested in either or both of them, but he's not without sin and likely neither are these players who are so hurt by it that they view M&J as the only ones in the wrong.
The fact that MC continues to pursue both Josy and Maya knowing they were in relationships (it being with each other is irrelevant), not to mention Sage and Bella kind of makes him the bad guy. Jill is the only single LI which is why I thought it would be so good if she turned out to be his cousin (she won't because DPC doesn't do that but it'd be a good twist of the knife)

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
This doesn't work because we overheard Tommy telling Quinn that this might be the first time they reject the maggots.
Tommy has been a nay sayer since he closed the door on MC's face after the panty raid and has talked down Derek/MC due to his own addled mind (dudes a junky who stole Josy' nail polish to get high since he was a kid). He has his own subjective agenda

Wouldn't take his word as gospel. If it's not objective, he'll be overuled by Rusty and the rest.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The fact that MC continues to pursue both Josy and Maya knowing they were in relationships (it being with each other is irrelevant), not to mention Sage and Bella kind of makes him the bad guy. Jill is the only single LI which is why I thought it would be so good if she turned out to be his cousin (she won't because DPC doesn't do that but it'd be a good twist of the knife)
All the main LIs are likely going to hurt the MC in one way or another with their own personal dramas, we're just waiting for the axe to fall for each of them.

It would honestly be quite amusing if, by the end of season 2, people have also turned against Bella and Sage because of revelations about them and their relationship dramas, and people are also souring on Jill because her personal drama is driving a wedge between her and the MC.

DPC has a history of stirring up controversy, so giving each of the main LIs some drama that taints them in the eyes of some of the players seems like something they'd do.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
I have to disagree MC being bad guy in that context.
1. It's college life
2. Hormones are buzzing
3. MC is single and so far except of the conversation with M&J no commitments were made
4. MC is still in search of the only one/ones;)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Tommy has been a nay sayer since he closed the door on MC's face after the panty raid and has talked down Derek/MC due to his own addled mind (dudes a junky who stole Josy' nail polish to get high since he was a kid). He has his own subjective agenda

Wouldn't take his word as gospel. If it's not objective, he'll be overuled by Rusty and the rest.
It's worth noting that the board wasn't being updated so maybe Tommy doesn't know how far through the list MC and Derek have gotten.

That's apart from the fact that I think Tommy is intended to be an antagonist.

Reactions: Tumai

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It was a joke brother. It isn't in the game, but I'm glad that I made the graphic convincing enough as a potential solution :D

Other options:
- Saved by the bell. The HoTs not showing up causes the ceremony to be postponed, and we get to sneak off and do it
- It's actually not quite 8:00 pm and we get to rush out and do it
- Dating Jill from under all the preps noses surpasses a physical egging by a mile (remember, egging also means to humiliate, to mock or to goad someone).
I think the fight with Chad is going to stand the MC in good stead as will fucking Quinn on the roof if you did it because Jacob saw you, but I just have this sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen that will delay getting the coveted jacket.

I don't think the lack of egging the preps will be the reason as, like I said, the fight with Chad and fucking Quinn will be considered such high achievements that it will negate not doing it. But I could see something happening that will block the MC from becoming a DIK; maybe the evaluation gets interrupted and put on hold, maybe there's a vote and Tommy is the decider but he votes against the MC, or maybe there's a final challenge where the MC and Derek are pitted against each other and Derek wins.

Also, from a narrative standpoint, I think it would be so much more rewarding if it's only at or near the end of the game when the MC finally gets that jacket. Maybe Quinn's schemes and business dealings start a chain of events that threaten the DIKs, the HOTs, and the college at large, and the MC is the one who saves the day. Getting the DIK jacket for doing that would feel so much better than getting it from doing a few college hazing challenges.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think the fight with Chad is going to stand the MC in good stead as will fucking Quinn on the roof if you did it because Jacob saw you, but I just have this sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen that will delay getting the coveted jacket.

I don't think the lack of egging the preps will be the reason as, like I said, the fight with Chad and fucking Quinn will be considered such high achievements that it will negate not doing it. But I could see something happening that will block the MC from becoming a DIK; maybe the evaluation gets interrupted and put on hold, maybe there's a vote and Tommy is the decider but he votes against the MC, or maybe there's a final challenge where the MC and Derek are pitted against each other and Derek wins.

Also, from a narrative standpoint, I think it would be so much more rewarding if it's only at or near the end of the game when the MC finally gets that jacket. Maybe Quinn's schemes and business dealings start a chain of events that threaten the DIKs, the HOTs, and the college at large, and the MC is the one who saves the day. Getting the DIK jacket for doing that would feel so much better than getting it from doing a few college hazing challenges.
Ooooh I like the way you think. But I don't think that's going to happen. I really feel like we're getting the jacket soon. I mean, my MC doesn't really want to be a DIK (he'd rather just keep his head down at this point and focus on school and whichever girl is his #1 - neither J or M) but I don't see DPC letting us do that.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

That's a neat solution to the whole needing a place to stay because if Derek wins that hypothetical challenge then MC can move in with his roommate since it's fairly obvious that living with Bella, Sage or Maya and Josy will only cause more problems long-term.

Which is actually why it won't happen ;)

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Hell the whole premise of the DIK thing is helping Derek and needing a room, right? Depending on which route you take you don't need a room. Hell on the DIK route I've already whooped Troy's ass once, why would I ever have needed a room in the first place?

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Fucking Quinn can't be a factor because not everyone did it (I didn't). So if that were a factor, i.e. not fucking her didn't get you in while fucking her did, it would split the narrative, which I don't think is likely. I think DPC will make sure everyone either passes or fails to keep the story less branched. (Personally I hope we don't get in since I don't like the DIKs.)

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I agree with Alleykatt. There are going to be certain things that are going to happen as far as the story line goes. Otherwise this is going to get HUGE with so many branches that DPC is never going to be able to keep up or cause the game to suffer because it will end up being too big.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes