lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Fucking Quinn can't be a factor because not everyone did it (I didn't). So if that were a factor, i.e. not fucking her didn't get you in while fucking her did, it would split the narrative, which I don't think is likely. I think DPC will make sure everyone either passes or fails to keep the story less branched. (Personally I hope we don't get in since I don't like the DIKs.)
If you mean completely branching narratives then I agree but it's totally possible you use alternate dialogues to create the impression of branches where none exist. Take, for example Holy Bacchus's idea that MC and Derek will be foreced to play-off against each other. If MC stayed with Sage or Bella (both temporary solutions to his homelessness) then he'd compete hard to win the challenge whereas, if he stayed with Derek, he'd figure he could take over Derek's bed and throw the competion. In both cases, Derek would win. MC would continue staying with one of the girls for a while of move into Derek's room.

Most of that wouldn't need much work, the locations are already rendered, as long as the majority of events in those locations are limited to the free-roam sections it doesn't matter where they take place.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Madness-101

Apr 30, 2020
Ooooh I like the way you think. But I don't think that's going to happen. I really feel like we're getting the jacket soon. I mean, my MC doesn't really want to be a DIK (he'd rather just keep his head down at this point and focus on school and whichever girl is his #1 - neither J or M) but I don't see DPC letting us do that.
A maggot taking out the president of the Jocks is impressive he will have gained a lot of respect from fellow Diks and that rise for the MC is certainly going to appeal not just to Heather but other women as well it was probably why Arieth kept looking at us creepily all update :LOL: I actually think for that he will be let into the diks just for that they would be crazy not to accept the MC.
Yeah or someone has a better copy and paste function if you go back far enough you can find all sorts of hidden gems :BootyTime:

Reactions: michael1984

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Ooooh I like the way you think. But I don't think that's going to happen. I really feel like we're getting the jacket soon. I mean, my MC doesn't really want to be a DIK (he'd rather just keep his head down at this point and focus on school and whichever girl is his #1 - neither J or M) but I don't see DPC letting us do that.
That's another reason why I think delaying it until the end would be better because right now he's only doing this because he got roped into it, not because he really wants it. He needs to want it before he gets it, in my book, and setting off a chain of events whereby he ends up saving the DIKs because he has a good reason to do so would certainly make him more appreciative of it.

That's a neat solution to the whole needing a place to stay because if Derek wins that hypothetical challenge then MC can move in with his roommate since it's fairly obvious that living with Bella, Sage or Maya and Josy will only cause more problems long-term.

Which is actually why it won't happen ;)
Hell the whole premise of the DIK thing is helping Derek and needing a room, right? Depending on which route you take you don't need a room. Hell on the DIK route I've already whooped Troy's ass once, why would I ever have needed a room in the first place?
And that's another thing; the room situation. If only Derek gets in, his room becomes available which would be a convenient way to give the MC a room. (Getting acccepted in to the DIKs would also conveniently get him a room, but if he doesn't he can still get one this way.) Although, for those on the M&J threesome route, I wouldn't mind continuing to stay with both of them, if for no other reason than to make sure they're not doing anything without the MC. ;)

However, I wonder about M&J sharing a room because the issue here is that Maya's Dad might come back for another visit and if they don't know he's coming and he catches them together, it could turn out bad for them, so this surely means they can't stay in the same room, so where does Josy go? :unsure:

Fucking Quinn can't be a factor because not everyone did it (I didn't). So if that were a factor, i.e. not fucking her didn't get you in while fucking her did, it would split the narrative, which I don't think is likely. I think DPC will make sure everyone either passes or fails to keep the story less branched. (Personally I hope we don't get in since I don't like the DIKs.)
Which is why I said "if". Fucking Quinn on the roof in full view of Jacob could turn out to be an important decision if it affects both the "sex outdoors" challenge and the DIKs perception of the MC. I mean, a freshman who's only been at B&R for 2 weeks fucking the HOTs VP out in the open? That's a pretty big fucking deal.

Not saying that this would create a branching path where if you don't do it you don't get in, but just that it might give a slight dialogue change that makes it seem like you're more likely to get in because of it.

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I love how people are like I don't wanna get in the dik fraternity...

And I don't want that jacket.......

Its called being a dik … it focusses around that dik fraternity :FacePalm:

The hell week discussion at this point is people copying and pasting messages from other users

Rusty told the MC how the diks were impressed with him kicking chad out … That alone would give him probally instant acces..

We did almost every hell week task possible... exept for that egg the preps thing...

We will get that jacket … we probally will go to were the hots are going to party or we will see some of the hots aka sage and or quinn the day after to discuss what happened..

But either way we will be in the dik frat if u guys like it or not :cautious:

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020

The hell week discussion at this point is people copying and pasting messages from other users

Rusty told the MC how the diks were impressed with him kicking chad out … That alone would give him probally instant acces..

We did almost every hell week task possible... exept for that egg the preps thing...

We will get that jacket … we probally will go to were the hots are going to party or we will see some of the hots aka sage and or quinn the day after to discuss what happened..

I just want Harem... and twelve kids with the Sagey one... And maybe more...

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
And that's another thing; the room situation. If only Derek gets in, his room becomes available which would be a convenient way to give the MC a room. (Getting acccepted in to the DIKs would also conveiently get him a room, but if he doesn't he can still get one this way.) Although, for those on the M&J threesome route, I wouldn't mind continuing to stay with both of them, if for no other reason than to make sure they're not doing anything without the MC. ;)
That was my point, both in that post and a followup, that sacrificing his spot in DIKs solves all of his problems. He can't stay with Sage forever, she's in her final year (although there are plenty of other tHOTs he can shack up with), he can't stay with Bella forever because she's college staff (and married) and living with Maya/Josy has obvious pitfalls going forward.

My point was that there's an easy solution to all of the potential problems and it's almost certainly the one solution that won't be offered to us as players.
How is it his idea? Looks as if it is more speculation than anything else doubtful that will happen
It's an idea and it's his, that makes it his idea :FacePalm:

Whether it is speculation or insight into DPCs future plans is 100% irrelevant.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

It's called Being a DIK but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about joining such an organization of idiots. We can enjoy the game beyond the fraternity theme.

Rusty may not be in charge when it comes down to the MC getting in or staying in. Unless they can conclusively prove who posted the shot using the laptop.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I think the fight with Chad is going to stand the MC in good stead as will fucking Quinn on the roof if you did it because Jacob saw you, but I just have this sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen that will delay getting the coveted jacket.

I don't think the lack of egging the preps will be the reason as, like I said, the fight with Chad and fucking Quinn will be considered such high achievements that it will negate not doing it. But I could see something happening that will block the MC from becoming a DIK; maybe the evaluation gets interrupted and put on hold, maybe there's a vote and Tommy is the decider but he votes against the MC, or maybe there's a final challenge where the MC and Derek are pitted against each other and Derek wins.

Also, from a narrative standpoint, I think it would be so much more rewarding if it's only at or near the end of the game when the MC finally gets that jacket. Maybe Quinn's schemes and business dealings start a chain of events that threaten the DIKs, the HOTs, and the college at large, and the MC is the one who saves the day. Getting the DIK jacket for doing that would feel so much better than getting it from doing a few college hazing challenges.
A lot of players seem to forget the whole DIK's code about family and Tommy making it quite clear during the competition that Derek and MC will either both pass or both fail as the DIK's won't accept any more or less.

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
It's called Being a DIK but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about joining such an organization of idiots. We can enjoy the game beyond the fraternity theme.

Rusty may not be in charge when it comes down to the MC getting in or staying in. Unless they can conclusively prove who posted the shot using the laptop.
Did I say u have to be happy no I didnt...

But its gonna happen we all will get into that dik frat if we like it or not

Rusty is a burgemeister I am sure something will happen that will resolve it

But smh to all the people who are playing a game called being a dik and revolves basicly around a dik fraternity … And they all complaining I don't wanna get in that frat I don't want that jacket

Oh well gues there is always that 1 % of complainers

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
A lot of players seem to forget the whole DIK's code about family and Tommy making it quite clear during the competition that that Derek and MC will either both pass or both fail as the DIK's won't accept any more or less.
No, I do remember that, I just don't trust that he means a word of it. Rusty means it, Jacob means it, John Boy gives too few fucks to not mean it; Tommy is a rogue element. He may not as, I suspect, be a full-on antagonist but he's not on the MCs side imo.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
No, I do remember that, I just don't trust that he means a word of it. Rusty means it, Jacob means it, John Boy gives too few fucks to not mean it; Tommy is a rogue element. He may not as I suspect, be a full-on antagonist but he's not on the MCs side imo.
Too be fair Tommy and the mc seem to bond as of late ...So I see a bright light from that perspective sure hes a slight antagonist... But we made some headway with him and I am sure we will pass that hell week

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
No, I do remember that, I just don't trust that he means a word of it. Rusty means it, Jacob means it, John Boy gives too few fucks to not mean it; Tommy is a rogue element. He may not as, I suspect, be a full-on antagonist but he's not on the MCs side imo.
That's completely irrelevant to the point I made nor does it address it. The DIk's accept members 2 each year, no more no less that's simply how they operate their code more or less. Either Derek & MC both get in or neither of them does, refusing to accept that simple concept and entertaining any other possibility is delusional fan fiction.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Too be fair Tommy and the mc seem to bond as of late ...So I see a bright light from that perspective sure hes a slight antagonist... But we made some headway with him and I am sure we will pass that hell week
I don't even trust that, our MC is a guy who had no mother no friends growing up so his social skills are going to be underdeveloped, especially when it comes to two-faced bastards, something I believe Tommy to be. The kids who were shown to bully him at least had the common decency to be upfront about it, they didn't try to manipulate him.

Is it clear that I don't like him? As a kid, growing up on the spectrum at a time when people didn't know that was a thing, I had to deal with Tommy's; thankfully I had a couple of friends who protected me from them because it took me to adulthood to learn to spot those people.
That's completely irrelevant to the point I made nor does it address it. The DIk's accept members 2 each year, no more no less that's simply how they operate their code more or less. Either Derek & MC both get in or neither of them does, refusing to accept that simple concept and entertaining any other possibility is delusional fan fiction.
That's not some long standing tradition, the Diks have been around for, what, 3 years at this point? Is it really so hard to believe that some members actually give zero fucks about the code, and that those members would, if they had seniority, change the rules on a whim just to fuck with someone?

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I don't even trust that, our MC is a guy who had no mother no friends growing up so his social skills are going to be underdeveloped, especially when it comes to two-faced bastards, something I believe Tommy to be. The kids who were shown to bully him at least had the common decency to be upfront about it, they didn't try to manipulate him.

Is it clear that I don't like him? As a kid, growing up on the spectrum at a time when people didn't know that was a thing, I had to deal with Tommy's; thankfully I had a couple of friends who protected me from them because it took me to adulthood to learn to spot those people.
I understand were u are coming from … as far as real life experience and im sorry that u had to go trough that in life...

But I still believe that Tommy will change maybe not fully but slightly like we have seen with Quinn

So im sorry for everyone that don't wanna join the diks

But we will get that glorious jacket and party with the dik brothers and the strippers :ROFLMAO:

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Did I say u have to be happy no I didnt...

But its gonna happen we all will get into that dik frat if we like it or not

Rusty is a burgemeister I am sure something will happen that will resolve it

But smh to all the people who are playing a game called being a dik and revolves basicly around a dik fraternity … And they all complaining I don't wanna get in that frat I don't want that jacket

Oh well gues there is always that 1 % of complainers

I don't want that famous jacket.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really don't want.

Sleeping in the same building with Tommy may not sound best, but DIKs mean also Rusty and Jacob. Both of them come to me like cool guys.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Just to be clear, I'm not against the MC becoming part of the DIK fraternity, I'm just saying that it doesn't necessarily have to happen this early.

Yes, the game is called "Being a DIK", but it doesn't mean you have to be part of the fraternity for the majority of the game, especially when the MC doesn't seem to want it that much. Having him go on a journey in this story where he really learns the value of being part of the fraternity and actually wants it would make it so much more rewarding.

"Being a DIK" could also be a metaphorical title, where it's not so much about joining a fraternity frivolously, but understanding what it means to be part of a brotherhood and finding your place in it, thus giving that jacket much greater symbolism.

If we get it in ep 5, fine, I've got no problem with that, but not getting in wouldn't be the end of the world especially if it becomes something that's more meaningful as the game progresses.

A lot of players seem to forget the whole DIK's code about family and Tommy making it quite clear during the competition that that Derek and MC will either both pass or both fail as the DIK's won't accept any more or less.
True, but remember how the MC remarked about the DIKs having "an uneven pairing" when talking to Nick at the Pink Rose? Maybe Tommy said that to them as motivation but will pull a 180 at the evaluation and tell them that only one will be accepted and that they will become Nick's maggot brother.

Reactions: Sunakujiro

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

That's not some long standing tradition, the Diks have been around for, what, 3 years at this point? Is it really so hard to believe that some members actually give zero fucks about the code, and that those members would, if they had seniority, change the rules on a whim just to fuck with someone?
Tommy maybe a huge dickhead but actually seems to care about the DIK's tradition just like Rusty.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Just to be clear, I'm not against the MC becoming part of the DIK fraternity, I'm just saying that it doesn't necessarily have to happen this early.

Yes, the game is called "Being a DIK", but it doesn't mean you have to be part of the fraternity for the majority of the game, especially when the MC doesn't seem to want it that much. Having him go on a journey in this story where he really learns the value of being part of the fraternity and actually wants it would make it so much more rewarding.

"Being a DIK" could also be a metaphorical title, where it's not so much about joining a fraternity frivolously, but understanding what it means to be part of a brotherhood and finding your place in it, thus giving that jacket much greater symbolism.

If we get it in ep 5, fine, I've got no problem with that, but not getting in wouldn't be the end of the world especially if it becomes something that's more meaningful as the game progresses.

True, but remember how the MC remarked about the DIKs having "an uneven pairing" when talking to Nick at the Pink Rose? Maybe Tommy said that to them as motivation but will pull a 180 at the evaluation and tell them that only one will be accepted and that they will become Nick's maggot brother.
If we don't get in this episode 5 he might as well made a dating simulator game and leave out all those frats tbh

But im not gonna discuss it even more this discussion has been talked to death

Lets just agree to disagree and lets see what happened in ep 5 to see whats up

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
DIKs having "an uneven pairing" is because Nick's magots brother left college and with it the fraternity.
The main weakness of not joining DIK in episode 5 would be that we would still go around on the same topic. Without proper story development.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes