Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I have to say the whole mc thing being the one who posted the cathy pic is too crazy even for me even him being involed in some way is definatlly too far out of context

Sure the mc got treated badly few times by them ... But Rusty cleared that up with the mc when he said that those things happen but once u become a brother then everything becomes a whole lot better so the mc just had to push trough that...

There is no shred of evidence that the mc is on a revenge path to screw the diks like that...

If anything the mc is showing that hes more exited to join the frat...
True, the MC hasn't shown any sign of wanting to get back at them for what they did, but who's to say that Quinn couldn't put together a compelling, albeit total BS, case? The words of a couple of trusted and well-liked HOTs over the newbie freshman.

Frame-ups like this are commonplace in movies and TV shows, even when it seems like other characters couldn't possibly believe it, and this feel like it could become one of those.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
True, the MC hasn't shown any sign of wanting to get back at them for what they did, but who's to say that Quinn couldn't put together a compelling, albeit total BS, case? The words of a couple of trusted and well-liked HOTs over the newbie freshman.

Frame-ups like this are commonplace in movies and TV shows, even when it seems like other characters couldn't possibly believe it, and this feel like it could become one of those.
Well have to say thats a pretty far reach ur making tho

Quinn using the mc … if u played closer attention even Quinn starting to like the mc in her own way ofcourse… in that ep 4.

Just like I said above here I just don't see that happening there is zero evidence for it to even think about that...

And the whole build up would have been totally different if dpc went that route that u invision for the mc

Still have to say the mc wont have anything to do with it if anything he will be the one probally finding out who it really was since we played detective in ep 4 at that party

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

The main objection to that is that Quinn is a Cersai Lannister (book version), someone who is very good at drawing up schemes in which both parties are her but completely lost when faced with someone capable of listening to what she say, seeing what she does and adpating their behaviour accordingly. She's playing chess against herself and moving all the black pieces away from the king.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well have to say thats a pretty far reach ur making tho

Quinn using the mc … if u played closer attention even Quinn starting to like the mc in her own way ofcourse… in that ep 4.

Just like I said above here I just don't see that happening there is zero evidence for it to even think about that...

And the whole build up would have been totally different if dpc went that route that u invision for the mc

Still have to say the mc wont have anything to do with it if anything he will be the one probally finding out who it really was since we played detective in ep 4 at that party
But does she like him in that way, or does she like him in the way a cat likes a mouse? :unsure:

I feel like, if it suits her goals, she'd be perefectly fine throwing him under a bus.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
But does she like him in that way, or does she like him in the way a cat likes a mouse? :unsure:

I feel like, if it suits her goals, she'd be perefectly fine throwing him under a bus.
Maybe in a alternate universe most definatly

I mean that look on her face on that sage route when u leave quinn her room says a lot on her feelings for the mc

But hey we will see soon enough how it goes the release is near by

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Maybe in a alternate universe most definatly

I mean that look on her face on that sage route when u leave quinn her room says a lot on her feelings for the mc

But hey we will see soon enough how it goes the release is near by
Yeah, probably because deep down she knows that what she might have to do is wrong, but she'll do it anyway because her own self-interest with regards to her business far outweighs anything else for her right now.

The main objection to that is that Quinn is a Cersai Lannister (book version), someone who is very good at drawing up schemes in which both parties are her but completely lost when faced with someone capable of listening to what she say, seeing what she does and adpating their behaviour accordingly. She's playing chess against herself and moving all the black pieces away from the king.
Not sure if I fully get the analogy, but Cersei is a good comparison. She was always so focused on herself and what's hers that she became overconfident and arrogant, often throwing others to the wolves to save her own skin and she lost everyone and everything close to her as a result.

Quinn feels a lot like she's going down the same path and the MC is her Ned Stark; someone to be sacrificed in order for her to keep her secret.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Too be fair the Quinn at the start of the game I could see her using the mc

The Quinn of episode 4 I feel that she is liking the mc in her own way

Does she still have plans sure... But I doubt she will trow mc under the bus seeing her recent new feelings for him

If Quinn has a scape goat its either Riona or she puts it on the jocks

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Does she still have plans sure... But I doubt she will trow mc under the bus seeing her recent new feelings for him

Eh, Quinn is irredeemable for me due to the whole prostitution ring and treatment of the MC

tenor.gif

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Not sure if I fully get the analogy, but Cersei is a good comparison. She was always so focused on herself and what's hers that she became overconfident and arrogant, often throwing others to the wolves to save her own skin and she lost everyone and everything close to her as a result.

Quinn feels a lot like she's going down the same path and the MC is her Ned Stark; someone to be sacrificed in order for her to keep her secret.
My point was that there are those in the thread who treat Quinn as if she's a criminal mastermind and I see no evidence of that; I see a 20 year old girl who has likely been manipulated into becoming the fall girl for her drup and prostitution business and is so arrogant that this has never once occured to her. She imagines what the person she is trying to manipulate is thinking and proceeds on that basis; in reality she has no idea what's going on.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Her catching feelings doesn't stop her from doing something that hurts the MC, it just gives her character more depth by giving her a conflict of interest and showing her, potentially, struggling with a difficult choice.

At the beginning we certainly do see her character as this one-dimensional, amoral, bitch running shady businesses to finance her sorority, but then she becomes more multi-layered as the story progresses and we see her as this flawed human being struggling with the weight of her choices, and seeing this side of her makes her more interesting.

Seeing her throw him under a bus to save herself, then feel bad about it, then seeing her whole operation crumble anyway, and her going on a redemption arc that involves the MC where she has to make amends and own up to her mistakes would be a great character arc for her.

My point was that there are those in the thread who treat Quinn as if she's a criminal mastermind and I see no evidence of that; I see a 20 year old girl who has likely been manipulated into becoming the fall girl for her drup and prostitution business and is so arrogant that this has never once occured to her. She imagines what the person she is trying to manipulate is thinking and proceeds on that basis; in reality she has no idea what's going on.
Yeah, I don't see her as a criminal mastermind, just someone who's trying to make a quick buck but going about it in all the wrong ways and it will end up blowing up in her face. But she doesn't think that it will because she's gotten away with it so far and thinks herself unstoppable, and this arrogance will be her downfall.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Her catching feelings doesn't stop her from doing something that hurts the MC, it just gives her character more depth by giving her a conflict of interest and showing her, potentially, struggling with a difficult choice.

At the beginning we certainly do see her character as this one-dimensional, amoral, bitch running shady businesses to finance her sorority, but then she becomes more multi-layered as the story progresses and we see her as this flawed human being struggling with the weight of her choices, and seeing this side of her makes her more interesting.

Seeing her throw him under a bus to save herself, then feel bad about it, then seeing her whole operation crumble anyway, and her going on a redemption arc that involves the MC where she has to make amends and own up to her mistakes would be a great character arc for her.

Yeah, I don't see her as a criminal mastermind, just someone who's trying to make a quick buck but going about it in all the wrong ways and it will end up blowing up in her face. But she doesn't think that it will because she's gotten away with it so far and thinks herself unstoppable, and this arrogance will be her downfall.
I am not gonna bother anymore butting heads on this issue with you since ur stead vast holding on tho that notion with Quinn and the mc ….

I am sure u will see the light in upcoming episode so will wait for that to come to pass

Still ur allowed ur vieuwpoints and I respect it

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's fine that's ur opinion and its ur right to feel that way (y)

Just saying that the game is showing those typ of characters in a different light since ep 4
Yep, opinions are like assholes, we all have them.

As for "in a different light since ep 4" you mean in ep 4, right? Because there hasn't been anything since then? She could be more vicious and conniving next episode for all we know? I don't see anything she did in Ep 4 as redemptive - once a bitch, always a bitch.

She's not a criminal mastermind. It doesn't take a criminal mastermind to run a drug and prostitution business. Otherwise there are a lot of street level pimps who are "masterminding" their prostitutes. LOL. I agree though. People see her as the big bad, what if there isn't a big bad? Instead there are a bunch of small obstacles to overcome.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
OK, so here's a question for everybody, what long discussed topics do you hope ep 5 can clear up?

For me, it would be:
  1. Who leaked the Cathy pic and why and what will the ramifications be
  2. Whether the MC will get that jacket
  3. What Sage was setting up and who with
  4. What exactly was going on with M&J and their feelings for the MC.
The questions I most desperately want answered in an ideal world would be:
  • Is this a lighthearted comedy, or is it intended to have heavy drama elements?
  • Taking the game's story as a whole, are we in the beginning, middle, or end of that story?
Unfortunately, it's very unlikely those questions will ever be directly answered, much less in Episode 5. So a more realistic list would be:
  1. Why does Quinn need money?
  2. Why does Sage think Quinn needs money? (if she doesn't know the real reason)
  3. Why is Sage so invested in her relationship with Chad?
  4. Why are Jill and Bella such close friends?
  5. What happened to Bella and her husband?
  6. What was the ultimatum Maya's father gave to her?
  7. If the MC/Maya/Josy 'try for something more,' is this intended to be a serious, committed relationship or a more preliminary, non-exclusively dating arrangement?
Number 7 should definitely be addressed by Episode 5. Most of the others will probably be left hanging, but I'm hoping a couple might get answers now.

Reactions: RonnieBoi

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yep, opinions are like assholes, we all have them.

As for "in a different light since ep 4" you mean in ep 4, right? Because there hasn't been anything since then? She could be more vicious and conniving next episode for all we know? I don't see anything she did in Ep 4 as redemptive - once a bitch, always a bitch.

She's not a criminal mastermind. It doesn't take a criminal mastermind to run a drug and prostitution business. Otherwise there are a lot of street level pimps who are "masterminding" their prostitutes. LOL. I agree though. People see her as the big bad, what if there isn't a big bad? Instead there are a bunch of small obstacles to overcome.
Again that's ur opinion … maybe see past all that she done and u might see her change a little just saying ;)

Sure Quinn still is a bit of a antagonist and she will continue to be one for sure... But just like with Tommy we see Quinn in a different light as well and im sure we will expand on that in ep 5 and so on

But sure i get why people are so against Quinn its perfectly fine ..... she is not my top 3 either but hey at least i can see past all she does and see a different side from Quinn

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
OK, so here's a question for everybody, what long discussed topics do you hope ep 5 can clear up?

For me, it would be:
  1. Who leaked the Cathy pic and why and what will the ramifications be
  2. Whether the MC will get that jacket
  3. What Sage was setting up and who with
  4. What exactly was going on with M&J and their feelings for the MC.

The questions I most desperately want answered in an ideal world would be:
  • Is this a lighthearted comedy, or is it intended to have heavy drama elements?
  • Taking the game's story as a whole, are we in the beginning, middle, or end of that story?
Unfortunately, it's very unlikely those questions will ever be directly answered, much less in Episode 5. So a more realistic list would be:
  1. Why does Quinn need money?
  2. Why does Sage think Quinn needs money? (if she doesn't know the real reason)
  3. Why is Sage so invested in her relationship with Chad?
  4. Why are Jill and Bella such close friends?
  5. What happened to Bella and her husband?
  6. What was the ultimatum Maya's father gave to her?
  7. If the MC/Maya/Josy 'try for something more,' is this intended to be a serious, committed relationship or a more preliminary, non-exclusively dating arrangement?
Number 7 should definitely be addressed by Episode 5. Most of the others will probably be left hanging, but I'm hoping a couple might get answers now.
6 has been answered in the game, Maya's dad refuses to financially support if she has the temerity to want to be with the woman she loves because he's a bigoted retard.

3 is not clear but I read it as a concorde/sunk cost fallacy where she's been with him for so long that the idea of pulling away seems impossible.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
6 has been answered in the game, Maya's dad refuses to financially support if she has the temerity to want to be with the woman she loves because he's a bigoted retard.
I think that's part of it, but I don't think that's the whole of it.

Remember, Maya was committed to pledging the HOTs at the end of Episode 3 when she was apparently on the brink of breaking up with Josy in favor of the MC. As she said "I realized the plan would still help me even if it wasn't for us [Maya & Josy] anymore."

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Again that's ur opinion … maybe see past all that she done and u might see her change a little just saying ;)

Sure Quinn still is a bit of a antagonist and she will continue to be one for sure... But just like with Tommy we see Quinn in a different light as well and im sure we will expand on that in ep 5 and so on

But sure i get why people are so against Quinn its perfectly fine ..... she is not my top 3 either but hey at least i can see past all she does and see a different side from Quinn
I don't see Tommy in a different light, he started as an asshole and continues to be an asshole. Same with Quinn. Just because they are more three dimensional doesn't make them now "better" people.

In your opinion she has a softer side, just because she fucked you on the roof and kept you from falling doesn't make her Florence Nightingale.

We need to see what happens in ep 5 before we can really know if Quinn has an actual softer side or if she is really a main antagonist. I don't like pimps and drug dealers so I don't see any reason to look for a "softer side" in Quinn.

And I am more than willing to agree to disagree. We shall see which of us is wrong in ep 5, maybe we both are and she turns out to be an alien sent to anal probe as many college students as possible. ;)

4.80 star(s) 1,501 Votes