ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
You could remove/change these "arbitrary [design] decisions" with a few lines of new code in the script.
It's a Ren'Py game so you can un'ren it.
So what? I can also use the cheat mod to achieve the same result. That's not relevant at all. We're discussing flaws of the game and this is one of them.

like i said, Reality check. Think of it as a morality system. I played dozens of RPG games with morality system, it's the same thing. Your action put you in a path, and the conversations will be the same, but the outcomes will be different, and you won't see it coming.
if you already know which decision will lead which outcome, what is the point playing the game in the first place. ? But
View attachment 680242
Like I said, makes no sense. Refer to the scene that DPC talks about with Isabella in the cafeteria, this was well-done, you saw the results of your past actions being reflected and it made sense within the story. The M+J scene simply doesn't.

The game is probably the best in the genre. But it still has its flaws.

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
So what? I can also use the cheat mod to achieve the same result. That's not relevant at all. We're discussing flaws of the game and this is one of them.

Like I said, makes no sense. Refer to the scene that DPC talks about with Isabella in the cafeteria, this was well-done, you saw the results of your past actions being reflected and it made sense within the story. The M+J scene simply doesn't.

except does are not your actions, that is the MC past, which effect nothing in the game, its a story he will tell regardless that has no effect to yours as a player actions. that is a cutscene, which is not effect the game play.

where is the M and J , outcome is based on gameplay, your game play. which is leading back to the explanation of, you as a player can't see what your action will lead what outcome. that is the gameplaymechanic.

Last edited:

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
except does are not your actions, that is the MC past, which effect nothing in the game, its a story he will tell regardless that has no effect to yours as a player actions.
Not sure what you're talking about here. The scene I'm referring to where Bella decides if she likes you or not is based on a bunch of different choices you as the player have made.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I think the affinity system is supposed to cover highly influential actions that come to define who the MC is and thus how others view him, but the execution is mixed.

Some of the decisions (beating up Troy or Tybalt, fighting the jocks, partying hard at the Pink Rose) are the sorts of things that could easily start rumors and also feel like they are indicative of the way the MC will act in similar situations (the Caleb fight is literally gated by the MC being willing to start a fight). So those, IMHO, work well.

Other decisions are the sort of thing that are either more specific, or a lot less likely to go public. Soliciting prostitution, fooling around with Jade in class, or doing drugs are the kind of things the MC would want to keep quiet so it's a lot less clear how those decisions are so well known. You can say they still affect his own outlook and thus will be picked up on by keen observers, but it feels like a stretch. (At least with the drugs Maya and Josy might be able to smell the pot on him, I suppose.)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I can see it going both ways. Just most of her inner monologue was about how disrespectful it was, Bella this, Bella that.
I think Bella's presence made Jill even more self-conscious than she already would have been, which dropped the odds of her tossing caution to the wind from low to zero.

But I think the reason she focuses on Bella in her inner monologue is more about rationalization. As she said, she wan't thinking especially clearly, so that was a simple, concrete excuse that she could cling to.

Reactions: Donettes

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Not sure what you're talking about here. The scene I'm referring to where Bella decides if she likes you or not is based on a bunch of different choices you as the player have made.
Well, at least you make more sense now, I give you that, this was a valid point :) . I do agree, may be the decision with Maya and Josy should have been affected by the relationship points.

Instead he decide, it will use the other deciding factor. The Affinity, which btw also your choices, we could see this way, if you are DIK, they see you as a bad guy, a risk that they are not ready to take yet, because they just get their chance to continue what they wanted all along without the intermezzo. that is why we saw the flashback, which is in the same place , what Maya show you, on her phone, where she was the happiest. that is why we saw them making up. ( these details for us as the player, not necessary for the MC )

and if you are chick or neutral, they feel they can take the risk. because you are a good guy in morality scale.

it's still based on your actions, your statics, but use a different meter to decide. This is the path meter , dik, chick, neutral. if each path would lead to the same route, now that what would make no sense.

Yes, one or two , bonus line in the conversation could add a little more to it, BUT it is far from being as bad as people try to make look like it.

and as i said, right after ep4 , I did not see it as an ending, but a new beginning. and the beginning is different, based on how you achieved it.

are we good ? ;)

OH BTW one more thing. You not knowing what deciding factor will matter in some situation is also not a flaw. The game supposed to be played, by your own feeling, and decissions, not knowing where it's lead . I call this as a good game design, an immersive experience

Last edited:
Reactions: RonnieBoi

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Ok, so despite this being over a year old and me being here way longer than that, I've never touched this game. Maybe because this place has gotten me to play games with a specific "familial" tag most of the time, something this lacks. Been hearing loads of people keep praising this and hell, this game even stalks me when I browse through Steam. So I've been thinking, "fuck it, maybe I should try it?". The only thing that sort of puts me of is the prostitution tag, as I'm in no way, shape or form into pimping out anyone, side character or love interest regardless. So is anyone, without too much spoilers, willing or able to tell me what to generally expect and how do things go here? Is the hype real or just the usual "hype". Also I haven't and not planning on playing Acting Lessons, so can't use that as a reference.
Thank you for your time

John Matrix

Mar 13, 2019
It's convenient, that MC can play guitar well and he teaches Sage, because I want a scene like this with her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Skyjutsu

Mar 18, 2018
Ok, so despite this being over a year old and me being here way longer than that, I've never touched this game. Maybe because this place has gotten me to play games with a specific "familial" tag most of the time, something this lacks. Been hearing loads of people keep praising this and hell, this game even stalks me when I browse through Steam. So I've been thinking, "fuck it, maybe I should try it?". The only thing that sort of puts me of is the prostitution tag, as I'm in no way, shape or form into pimping out anyone, side character or love interest regardless. So is anyone, without too much spoilers, willing or able to tell me what to generally expect and how do things go here? Is the hype real or just the usual "hype". Also I haven't and not planning on playing Acting Lessons, so can't use that as a reference.
Thank you for your time
As far as Ep5 you're the John ordering the prostitutes, you're not the pimp. If that's the only thing putting you off, then I say play it.

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
I don't think the red head guy is her father. I think funny manbun guy could be her father.
Man i don't know why,I didn't like him,I think he is the kind of father who doesn’t even care for his daughter and sees her only for the good of the family or for the good of business.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Thank you for your time

If you're 100% unequivocally against any characters being pimped out you will probably have to pass. None of it is on camera but a lot of the side characters, characters you spend some level of time with, are actively engaging in prostitution. It's an overarching plot point that some of the girls are paying their tuition (through convoluted means) via prostitution.

That said, none of the main love interests are engaging in it and you can entirely avoid anyone who is a prostitute. You're not forced to engage with them. As for the hype... It's worth it IMO. Despite all the griping we do here (me included) it's a great game. Give the reviews on here a read and you'll get a better idea than I could type out and it would be opinions from a variety of sources.

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
you know how bad this quarantine is? you who played all the ep of that game and live day by day you will have to wait 4-5 months for the new episode

Jessie_Q

May 26, 2020
No cognac though, shame
Uhm... I meant this:

Also, a bit disappointing that the path I took ended up as me playing another version of Acting Lessons where you're almost trying to have a happy functioning threeway relationship. Can't wait for Quinn to forcefully OD one of the girls so you're left with only one of them, because the game has to be dark and gritty! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Nercoz

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Have the DIKs with ep.5 lost the epic war against the Jocks?

In the beginning of BaDIK, the DIKs are leading by drawing the HOTs away from the Jocks, thanks to Tommy's arrangement with Quinn. The Jocks retaliate by breaking the windows of the DIK mansion after the CUM-petition and scare the HOTs away from the party. (week 1, thursday)
After being blackmailed, Chad attacks mc and is suspended. This is more an accident for the Jocks than a victory for the DIKs. (monday + tuesday)
MC and Derek prank the Jocks (wednesday)
Someone (probably Jocks and HOTs) posts the Cathy cluck which puts Rusty in a bad spot. (friday)
After the Pledge Board evaluation the DIKs search for the HOTs and break the windows of the Jocks' house.
DIKs and Jocks fight (or not, depending on mc's major decision)
The Jocks retaliate by demolishing the empty DIK mansion. (saturday)
Tommy breaks with Quinn. (sunday)

Imho :
Breaking the windows of the Jocks' house in ep.5 was a bad idea, but it was still somehow covered by the old law of "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." When the Jocks escalate by mindlessly demolishing the DIK mansion, they (and DPC) crossed a border. The honor of the DIKs is severely damaged by this (and by not fighting Caleb). Rusty's decision to not involve the police means that he actually accepts this defeat. MC's suggestion to repair the mansion doesn't change the situation. For me it is hard to imagine how the DIKs could ever retaliate against the Jocks to compensate for the demolition and to restore their honor without getting in conflict with the law. (To be honest : I don't want to see mc breaking into the Jocks' house and mindlessly demolish everything there.) Since Rusty has to face a trial on monday (Cathy cluck) and the HOTs are now free again to party with whoever they want, it seems that the DIKs have lost the war on all fronts.
I shouldn't wonder if next week (episode) everybody in college calls the DIKs CHICKs.

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe
4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes