Selek

Aug 1, 2019
My top three are:

1. Bella. OK, she may be a psycho, but that's part of her appeal -- she's mysterious, and I want to get to know her better. Plus I like older women, and she's so attractive! She's the sole occupant of my S tier.

2. Maya. I actually chose the "friend" path, so in theory I'm not even pursuing Maya, because I didn't want the complications of a threesome with Josy. I wasn't angry at her or Josie, seeing as I'm doing my share of surreptitious boffery. Above all, I like her disposition, her vulnerability, and her uniquely alluring look.

3. Jill. I like her passion for music, and her relationship with Bella makes her similarly mysterious. She doesn't do it for me physically as much as my first two, though.

Sage would be higher on my list if her looks appealed to me more! Her personality is great. But I'm just not into redheads at all. I know, I know, I'm shallow.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
I don't mind the relatively grounded feel of this game, and as much as I enjoy looking at it in a deep way and psychoanalysing it a lot, at the end of the day, it's a sex game and should have as much of that content as possible within the context of the story. The MC has also been doing a fairly good job up until now of balancing all these different LIs and keeping it relatively under wraps that he's a serial shagger, with the exception of recently kissing Sage out in the open.
What's cool about this game, it's trying to be entertaining enough even for some potential "purist" players who may prefer to stick to just one girl and ignore all others while the plot goes on. M/J twist could be for them especially mind-blowing :KEK:

Also, excluding few rough edges, like with Bella and the recent preps party mess the game was really believable enough to me in regard of actual sex encounters. I mean, hot college/whatever high ed facility people are tend to fuck each other quite a lot (I wish MC would be a bit bigger but he's one of the most likable male prots I've seen anyway).
Maybe not "under pressure", but revealing true character? I think it's pretty spot on:

-Beat up Troy/Fight Jocks/Fight Caleb/Hit Tybalt- Is violence an acceptable solution?
-Get the number of Quinn's restaurant/The Pink Rose: Party without limits- Is it okay to trade money for sex/use women as sexual objects?
-Mini-mart : Ignore Steve- Do you care about people in distress, even if it's someone you don't like personally?
-Gender Studies (Jade) : Take it further- Are you willing to cross the line with a teacher? With a married woman?
-Smoke weed- Are you okay with drug use?

While not all "under pressure" scenarios, I do think they are all scenarios that reveal something meaningful about MC's true character, depending on how you play him.
Again, it my was "summary" version of another poster's interpretation to compare it with how DPC has introduced it: "shaping your MC through in-game choices". Thing is, there's just one axis. You can interpretate it how you like but either some certain choices would have certain consequences (the most simple example - agree on Quinn's offer and starting to benefit from it) or simply insignificant/none apart from +/- point contribution.
I think there will probably be a proper "threesome" ending with M/J, but it will likely be the trickiest one to get.
Sure, it's possible. Problem is, it's the most worthless speculations simply because complete version of the game is far, far away.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Don't overestimate the RP points. They are mostly used to gate some special bonus scenes in lewd scenes, e.g. Maya allowing mc to touch her pussy or Josy doing the Ass Job.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And what do you mean by that? You have only put the list of those characters that are subject to the RP, the RP is as important as affinity, without enough RP points you can not unlock scenes with certain characters, which leads you to be rejected at a certain point in the game, such as Maya and josy, for as much status and chick affinity you have if you have not added enough RP with them will reject you , so what you do with them during the game has relevance, not only if you are chick or dik, for something are the RPs, so there is no point in questioning how the players perceive you, it is not only perception but that according to your state you act one way or another and that makes you add or subtract points according to the character , and the MC also adopts a different attitude.

As for example when being dik you have the attitude to face camila in the bathroom and her, while as a chick you do not say it because a teenager with such attitude would not dare, which justifies your progress or defeats according to your RP, which add up more or less according the person and according to your affinity

The system is perfectly integrated, I do not understand that doubts arise around it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daver

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I did say "one of the" not the least sexually open. However, your with men interpretation isn't accurate either. Other than Josy and the MC, Maya has 0% sexual (current) activity. She hasn't flirted with another girl that we see and in fact isn't open toward any other girl either. Case in point, look at when Quinn kisses her, Maya looks totally shocked that it's happening. I don't understand why Maya would want no strings when she isn't or hasn't been looking for alternatives. She knows or suspects that at least the MC has. So far both Maya and Josy have been faithful to the Poly, even before it was a poly, but she knows or suspects that the MC hasn't.
I agree that Maya doesn't appear to be looking for anyone else, but I don't think that's why she wants no strings anyway. I think she wants it because she thinks that's what will keep Josy and MC happy so they'll stay with her. Like I said above, I think Maya is afraid of being alone. She knows MC is seeing other people. She knows Josy cheated on her with MC. From her point of view, it's probably better to let her partners do what they want and come home to her than put restrictions on an already confusing relationship and risk driving them away.

(Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the Quinn kiss. It wasn't a romantic or sexual kiss, it was Quinn asserting dominance by making Maya uncomfortable.)

Gh0st_Harambe

Formerly '-Eyez-'
Mar 9, 2020
Did anyone had a change of heart about the girls after ep5? i sure have :D
so gentlemen your top 3 please, GO! :cool:

1. Jill
2. Sage
3. Josy (the best sex scene in the game so far, BRAVO!)

Josy stepped up for me in this episode, first with that beautiful emotional moment with her dad, HOT AF sex scene right after and also at hangout with Maya when she was suprised with Maya's stupid words that we should still keep things casual and have sex with other people. We can see that Josy doesn't want that, she wants MC and that's it :giggle:
It happened to me Jill was in the first place and after episode 5 Maya took her place.
For now for me:
1-Maya
2-Jill
3-Sage
4-Josy

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I agree that Maya doesn't appear to be looking for anyone else, but I don't think that's why she wants no strings anyway. I think she wants it because she thinks that's what will keep Josy and MC happy so they'll stay with her. Like I said above, I think Maya is afraid of being alone. She knows MC is seeing other people. She knows Josy cheated on her with MC. From her point of view, it's probably better to let her partners do what they want and come home to her than put restrictions on an already confusing relationship and risk driving them away.

(Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the Quinn kiss. It wasn't a romantic or sexual kiss, it was Quinn asserting dominance by making Maya uncomfortable.)
Quinn was just an example but Maya is surrounded by a ton of single, attractive women and she hasn't flirted with any of them. Nor does she strike me as very experienced in sexual stuff anyway. In the flashback for Ep4 when her and Josy are in the tent. When Maya, who we know likes Josy because of what Derek says, leans forward to get the sweater and Josy kisses her. Maya reacts, again and as usual, with pure shock even though she likes Josy.

I would agree with your interpretation of why Maya is doing it if the night before last she wasn't willing to throw away one of her partners. As they say in the race world "I don't downshift that fast".

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Still completely confused by this scene.

If we assume Melanie means to call Chad, what does she expect to happen? They didn't take a picture, so all she could tell him is that the MC openly kissed Sage. Isn't that what Chad feared was going on back when he first clashed with the MC back in Episode 1? This might be confirmation of his fears, but why does Melanie think this will make Chad less determined to stick with Sage?

Riona thought Chad attacked the MC over Sage, which is a pretty reasonable guess for anyone who doesn't know about the envelopes. Unless Melanie and Sarah do know about the envelopes, then surely they would likewise assume Chad is already willing to fight the MC over Sage. Meaning he would fight to 'defend' the relationship - practically the opposite of breaking up with her. So why do they think hearing she kissed the MC would reverse Chad's response?

Frankly, even if Melanie and Sarah do know about the envelopes I'm not sure how watching the MC kiss Sage would help break up Chad and Sage. Chad's envelope obviously had evidence of some secret Chad wanted to keep hidden; that seems like a much better tool to force a breakup than hearsay about something Chad already suspects.

For the life of me I just cannot see any way to make sense of their actions, unless they really are just crazy chicks who like to stir up shit and feel very slightly guilty about making Sage feel bad.
I couldn't came up with any valid theory on it yet but I'm curious: was any consensus here about envelopes in the first place? Who has a motive to set up MC so early? (except for Chad himself but... erm) Pretty much no one so it's much more likely about Chad than MC but still totally unclear, right?
I beleive there's a dedicated https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/ thread for it.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Again, it my was "summary" version of another poster's interpretation to compare it with how DPC has introduced it: "shaping your MC through in-game choices". Thing is, there's just one axis. You can interpretate it how you like but either some certain choices would have certain consequences (the most simple example - agree on Quinn's offer and starting to benefit from it) or simply insignificant/none apart from +/- point contribution.
That's fair, and I don't necessarily disagree. The only part I disagreed with was when you said you didn't think the major choices "shows true nature of the main character". I take no issue with your assessment of how that system is implemented as a gameplay mechanic.

Sure, it's possible. Problem is, it's the most worthless speculations simply because complete version of the game is far, far away.
I'm not sure if you mean this to come off as hostile, but it kinda does. Also, it was a response to your own speculation about the possible ending state of the game, so if anything we're equally engaged in that "worthless speculation".

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I couldn't came up with any valid theory on it yet but I'm curious: was any consensus here about envelopes in the first place? Who has a motive to set up MC so early? (except for Chad himself but... erm) Pretty much no one so it's much more likely about Chad than MC but still totally unclear, right?
See and I think the envelope wasn't intended to set up the MC. We don't know for sure what was in Chad's envelope but Dawe's was all aimed at the DIK's. I just think Chad aimed his anger, irrationally, toward the MC.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I would agree with your interpretation of why Maya is doing it if the night before last she wasn't willing to throw away one of her partners.
But if you don't get the M/J relationship, both Maya and Josy (whichever you go talk to) express in Ep. 5 that they felt like they were forced into it by the circumstances, that there are still feelings of wanting to be with MC. Viewed through that lens, it makes sense: Maya was willing to let MC go because she had just gotten Josy back and didn't want to risk losing her. From that perspective, her choices are to put herself out there and risk rejection, or keeping quiet, losing MC, but playing it safe with Josy. And, given that she's got a much larger investment in Josy then MC, that would be the pragmatic choice to make.

As they say in the race world "I don't downshift that fast".
Ha!

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Just for fun I did some quick sums. Based on various factors I think we are most likely to get chapter 6 on either 16th or the 23rd October 2020. This is based on the production timeline for chapters 4 and 5. (4 took 1 week longer than 5).

That said if we go by chapter one, which, based on the last Acting Lessons post took 60 days we could have a release on 28/07/20 and an average of production time on all 5 chapters would mean 13th September.

Chapters took 60, 85, 104, 147 and 140 days each. I think because of the increased content/ complex animations a time frame of October is probably right. I know that's what most of you were predicting anyway I just thought it would be interesting to look at the numbers.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
And what do you mean by that? You have only put the list of those characters that are subject to the RP, the RP is as important as affinity, without enough RP points you can not unlock scenes with certain characters, which leads you to be rejected at a certain point in the game, such as Maya and josy, for as much status and chick affinity you have if you have not added enough RP with them will reject you , so what you do with them during the game has relevance, not only if you are chick or dik, for something are the RPs, so there is no point in questioning how the players perceive you, it is not only perception but that according to your state you act one way or another and that makes you add or subtract points according to the character , and the MC also adopts a different attitude.

As for example when being dik you have the attitude to face camila in the bathroom and her, while as a chick you do not say it because a teenager with such attitude would not dare, which justifies your progress or defeats according to your RP, which add up more or less according the person and according to your affinity

The system is perfectly integrated, I do not understand that doubts arise around it.
DPC himself said, that
So far, in Season 1 of Being a DIK, the Relationship Points (RP) haven't played any role unlocking certain paths or closing others (only DIK/CHICK status), will they become more relevant in the near future (Season 2 or Season 3 if planned)

I removed the visibility of the RP because I saw players playing the game to get as high of a score as possible with the girls. It became a hunt for stats and that was a big warning sign, since that's not at all what I wanted this game to be.

I want the game to be about choices and how a sum of choices, as well as key choices, can come together and affect the journey. The best example of this so far is in episode 3 where Isabella evaluates you and for the moment makes up her mind about you as a person. It wasn't a single choice that caused her to say that you're good or bad for Jill, it was a sum of your actions, where some of your choices mattered more than others.

The RP in the game so far have been used two times, during the visit to The Pink Rose in episode 3, where the RP with the DIKs alter Tommy's response and also in episode 3 how Maya's lewd scene is extended if she likes you.

I use and will use the RP to customize and give flavor to the journey and these points may be used in bigger forks along the road, but overall it's your personality and actions that will matter the most in the game. That's why I recommend everyone to have a main save where they follow their heart in their choices and don't get hung up on score hunting. Getting 100% RP with a girl may not matter depending on your other choices.
Not that they will become completely irrelevant but they're not very significant now and basically he said that they will not become more significant in the future.
The only part I disagreed with was when you said you didn't think the major choices "shows true nature of the main character".
Well, that's fair although I'd prefer use some another wording in this case. MC is young after all and might not even know what he'd chose the next moment.
I'm not sure if you mean this to come off as hostile, but it kinda does. Also, it was a response to your own speculation about the possible ending state of the game, so if anything we're equally engaged in that "worthless speculation".
Sorry, I didn't mean any hostility, it's just rather pointless to speculate, OP was about "what are peoples thought that MC will have to choose between M/J and Sage. " which is too open question by itself because we're witnessing very little exclusiveness regarding LIs so far.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Quinn was just an example but Maya is surrounded by a ton of single, attractive women and she hasn't flirted with any of them. Nor does she strike me as very experienced in sexual stuff anyway. In the flashback for Ep4 when her and Josy are in the tent. When Maya, who we know likes Josy because of what Derek says, leans forward to get the sweater and Josy kisses her. Maya reacts, again and as usual, with pure shock even though she likes Josy.

I would agree with your interpretation of why Maya is doing it if the night before last she wasn't willing to throw away one of her partners. As they say in the race world "I don't downshift that fast".
Maya flirting with other girls isn't in her nature. Aside from the fact that she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who initiates things, we don't really know if she's even attracted to any other girls or what exactly it is that attracts her to a person. Maya and Josy might have thought that Maya was only ever attracted to girls, but maybe Maya's only ever been attracted to one girl, and it wasn't necessarily a physical attraction but an emotional one.

In the scenario where the MC has done everything positive with Maya, this would certainly track with how her and the MC got so close so quickly because the MC provided for Maya's emotional needs by being there for her when she needed him and he showed her the warmth and affection she was needing as well. Josy too may have been this for Maya when they were in high school and so her feelings for Josy became romantic, just as they have become for the MC.

Yes, the apparent quick change is jarring, but like with a lot of things in this story, you just have to suspend your disbelief occasionally in order to get over certain things.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Just for fun I did some quick sums. Based on various factors I think we are most likely to get chapter 6 on either 16th or the 23rd October 2020. This is based on the production timeline for chapters 4 and 5. (4 took 1 week longer than 5).

That said if we go by chapter one, which, based on the last Acting Lessons post took 60 days we could have a release on 28/07/20 and an average of production time on all 5 chapters would mean 13th September.

Chapters took 60, 85, 104, 147 and 140 days each. I think because of the increased content/ complex animations a time frame of October is probably right. I know that's what most of you were predicting anyway I just thought it would be interesting to look at the numbers.
If you like sums, you'll like this one ;):
Only if the game doesn't have 20 episodes. If it does, this is what we're looking at:
  • 15 more episodes with a 3 month update gap = 45 months. 45 months from May 2020 = February 2024.
  • 15 more episodes with a 4 month update gap = 60 months. 60 months from May 2020 = May 2025.
Best case scenario is just 3 seasons and 12 episodes which would be:
  • 7 more episodes with a 3 month update gap = 21 months. 21 months from May 2020 = February 2022.
  • 7 more episodes with a 4 month update gap = 28 months. 28 months from May 2020 = September 2022.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Maya flirting with other girls isn't in her nature. Aside from the fact that she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who initiates things, we don't really know if she's even attracted to any other girls or what exactly it is that attracts her to a person. Maya and Josy might have thought that Maya was only ever attracted to girls, but maybe Maya's only ever been attracted to one girl, and it wasn't necessarily a physical attraction but an emotional one.

In the scenario where the MC has done everything positive with Maya, this would certainly track with how her and the MC got so close so quickly because the MC provided for Maya's emotional needs by being there for her when she needed him and he showed her the warmth and affection she was needing as well. Josy too may have been this for Maya when they were in high school and so her feelings for Josy became romantic, just as they have become for the MC.

Yes, the apparent quick change is jarring, but like with a lot of things in this story, you just have to suspend your disbelief occasionally in order to get over certain things.
I can see the emotional part of your argument after all Maya did say that the MC was more girlish as far as emotional aspect. Something about it sounding like an insult but wasn't meant as one when their laying on the bed during Ep5.

Yeah I said something similar a handful of pages back about suspension of disbelief.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I can see the emotional part of your argument after all Maya did say that the MC was more girlish as far as emotional aspect. Something about it sounding like an insult but wasn't meant as one when their laying on the bed during Ep5.

Yeah I said something similar a handful of pages back about suspension of disbelief.
I honestly think the whole "no strings" thing is purely to slow the Maya/Josy route down so DPC doesn't have to split from the common route this early. It's just to ease the writing.

Maya/Josy need to tread water for a while whilst we wait for every other LI to catch up. Even with my new "it was all casual" understanding of the Maya/Josy story it's still odd Maya is advocating for everyone (seemingly even Josy) to be in a "no strings" situation with each other. Would have made more sense if she just gave MC some time to see if he wants to join their existing monogamous relationship. This whole open relationship thing is out of character even if she was casual with MC... she wasn't casual with Josy.

Hopefully this doesn't last long and every route starts going forward soon.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
People it seems I'm blind again and need a little help. This is for a special render, either Maya's 5th or the 26th Mixed. Instructions in the walkthrough state "go down, down, up [DONE THAT], click the magazine over the table to unlock a special render".

Table Magazine.png

Can anybody please give me a pointer where to click?

Reactions: Weltmeister

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I honestly think the whole "no strings" thing is purely to slow the Maya/Josy route down so DPC doesn't have to split from the common route this early. It's just to ease the writing.

Maya/Josy need to tread water for a while whilst we wait for every other LI to catch up. Even with my new "it was all casual" understanding of the Maya/Josy story it's still odd Maya is advocating for everyone (seemingly even Josy) to be in a "no strings" situation with each other. Would have made more sense if she just gave MC some time to see if he wants to join their existing monogamous relationship. This whole open relationship thing is out of character even if she was casual with MC... she wasn't casual with Josy.

Hopefully this doesn't last long and every route starts going forward soon.
I hope there isn’t pushing onto monogamy anytime soon.

Reactions: MarinBladewing
4.80 star(s) 1,502 Votes